Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 641842 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Human Being

Elton, LA

#463707 Jul 19, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
When Christ was on the Cross dying .HE TOOK every sin of else no one living after it could be bought and paid for ..Every sin ...all the HORRID perversion..COVERED BY HIS BLOOD.
If His blood is NOT sufficient..Why are we here..
If we sin ..And we do ..we must repent ..He alone forgives,US and washes us CLEAN..with His blood..
As far as the east is from the west ..so far far has he removed our transgressions from us.
NOW,IF WE SIN and hurt others..we must as well as possible make our peace with them ..so as nit go sin further.
And we may also have penalties here in earth from our sins..
BUT AGAIN the Blood was sufficient...it else why was HE SACRIFICED.
WHAT GOOD WAS IT ..IF NOT TO PAY OUR DEBT .
RoSesz:

Well it goes to a mindset of OSAS(Once Saved Always Saved)....

Often we take comfort in the "idea" that God did it all in order to offer salvation. And that once we believe the idea, then we are saved forever. If this were the case, then backsliding does not exist.(But we know it does.) And we know that we continue to sin even in our surety of our salvation.

Also it goes to the mindset of ORAR(Once Repentant Always Repentant).

This is more a false confidence we have that since we were repentant once to God, that we are always repentant.

God does not override our own wills, and so if we turn away from God after becoming a Christian, he allows us to go. Likewise if after we journey for awhile after turning away, we still can return, but there is a price to pay, since Jesus is not crucified twice. The price is purgation.

Perhaps you have not deviated from God since becoming a Christian? But I tend to think, the longer one is a Christian, one encounters spiritual warfare within themselves as God allows us to see our sinful nature. In seeing this nature we can turn(repent) and become closer to God, as He works within and with us....
Human Being

Elton, LA

#463708 Jul 19, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
who="Human Being"
Pad:
Purgation is a process, not a destination.
If you believe that after becoming a Christian, one is not able to sin, then there is no purgatory.(But I suspect most Christians on here, accept the fact that they have sinned(knowingly, or unknowingly) after becoming a Christian.)
If not, then to sin after becoming a Christian requires something more than just saying I am sorry to God. It requires one to purge the source of that sin, which to me, is an ongoing process while we are here on earth. We are constantly fighting against vices and turning to virtue.
If a Christian yields to vices during this life, then there must be some price..., being tried/purified by fire(by the Holy Spirit) in the life to come in heaven. Purgatory.
There WAS a price, HB..."The soul that sins, it shall DIE."
But Jesus PAID that price. He said,'It is finished'. There is no suffering that I can do that will purge away sin. But when I repent, confess, AND turn away from evil, my 'sin' is purged by the redeeming grace of God.
KayMarie
confronting

KayMarie:

So are you saying that a Christian soul is incapable of sin?

We are kind of mixing our earthly existence here with the hope of eternal heaven....By that I mean, we have both a knowledge of our sinfulness and of peace in Christ(in the kingdom of heaven) while we are living now.

This being the case, the Christian turns from sin, and sinful ways, and turns to God. God reveals in time to us, that which needs changing in our life. That process is purgation. It is the mortifying of the flesh, which offers us the opportunity to turn from vices to virtues....

If we go to our graves on earth without mortifying the flesh, then we carry within our souls that which cannot enter into the presence of a Holy God. Thus purgation can continue after the grave.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#463710 Jul 19, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
RoSesz:
Often we take comfort in the "idea" that God did it all in order to offer salvation. And that once we believe the idea, then we are saved forever. If this were the case, then backsliding does not exist.(But we know it does.) And we know that we continue to sin even in our surety of our salvation.
This is more a false confidence we have that since we were repentant once to God, that we are always repentant.
God does not override our own wills, and so if we turn away from God after becoming a Christian, he allows us to go. Likewise if after we journey for awhile after turning away, we still can return, but there is a price to pay, since Jesus is not crucified twice. The price is purgation.
Perhaps you have not deviated from God since becoming a Christian? But I tend to think, the longer one is a Christian, one encounters spiritual warfare within themselves as God allows us to see our sinful nature. In seeing this nature we can turn(repent) and become closer to God, as He works within and with us....
But all our sins were crucified with Him.

And,He knew them all..those before we became Christians ..this,after.

If we turn away ...And do not hear the call if the SPIRIT to REPENT. TURN BACK ..confess..then we h a v e hardened our hearts. Or we were not saved in the first place.

And trust me there is no mistaking the SPIRIT in our consciences. If He is calling us back. asking us to REPENT.

I do not KNIW the exact words or scripture..But HE call s the errant Christian ..it is,hard NoT TO AnSWER.

The Shepherd will find that LOST SHEEP...And Christ said NOTHING about throwing the list SHEEP into purgatory.

MayBE KAY MARIE can say it better..
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#463711 Jul 19, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
It was "mudslinging and hatefilled" self opinionated bible only ministers like you, Confrinting which was one of the main reasons that I knew the Protestant Church was nothing but an anti-catholic vindictive and hostile "contradiction of TRUTH of the bible and of Jesus Christ and HIS One True Apostolic Catholic Church.......... You have become an "expert" at twisting and perverting the TRUE INTERPRETATION of the Bible and appointing "yourself" as the (final authority) condemning Clay, Anthony, Regina, myself or "any other Catholic" TO HELL!!-----Again--you have proven over and over that KayMarie is the ONLY TRUE CHRISTIAN in you family!!!!!!!
You were never a "true" Protestant. A "true" Protestant would never go back to the lying murdering barbaric perverted Roman Catholic cult you so worship.

Your former Protestant church no doubt threw a party at your departure. LOL

Since: Jul 08

Akron, OH

#463712 Jul 19, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
If we turn away ...And do not hear the call if the SPIRIT to REPENT. TURN BACK ..confess..then we h a v e hardened our hearts. Or we were not saved in the first place.
And trust me there is no mistaking the SPIRIT in our consciences. If He is calling us back. asking us to REPENT.
I do not KNIW the exact words or scripture..But HE call s the errant Christian ..it is,hard NoT TO AnSWER.
The Shepherd will find that LOST SHEEP...And Christ said NOTHING about throwing the list SHEEP into purgatory.
You're pretending, hon.

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#463713 Jul 19, 2013
Theologians played silly word-games while entertaining the idea that a god was telling them what to write.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>
Athanasian Creed

1. Whosoever will be saved, before all things it is necessary that he hold the catholic faith;
2. Which faith except every one do keep whole and undefiled, without doubt he shall perish everlastingly.
3. And the catholic faith is this: That we worship one God in Trinity, and Trinity in Unity;
4. Neither confounding the persons nor dividing the substance.
5. For there is one person of the Father, another of the Son, and another of the Holy Spirit.
6. But the Godhead of the Father, of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit is all one, the glory equal, the majesty coeternal.
7. Such as the Father is, such is the Son, and such is the Holy Spirit.
8. The Father uncreated, the Son uncreated, and the Holy Spirit uncreated.
9. The Father incomprehensible, the Son incomprehensible, and the Holy Spirit incomprehensible.
10. The Father eternal, the Son eternal, and the Holy Spirit eternal.
11. And yet they are not three eternals but one eternal.
12. As also there are not three uncreated nor three incomprehensible, but one uncreated and one incomprehensible.
13. So likewise the Father is almighty, the Son almighty, and the Holy Spirit almighty.
14. And yet they are not three almighties, but one almighty.
15. So the Father is God, the Son is God, and the Holy Spirit is God;
16. And yet they are not three Gods, but one God.
17. So likewise the Father is Lord, the Son Lord, and the Holy Spirit Lord;
18. And yet they are not three Lords but one Lord.
19. For like as we are compelled by the Christian verity to acknowledge every Person by himself to be God and Lord;
20. So are we forbidden by the catholic religion to say; There are three Gods or three Lords.
21. The Father is made of none, neither created nor begotten.
22. The Son is of the Father alone; not made nor created, but begotten.
23. The Holy Spirit is of the Father and of the Son; neither made, nor created, nor begotten, but proceeding.
24. So there is one Father, not three Fathers; one Son, not three Sons; one Holy Spirit, not three Holy Spirits.
25. And in this Trinity none is afore or after another; none is greater or less than another.
26. But the whole three persons are coeternal, and coequal.
27. So that in all things, as aforesaid, the Unity in Trinity and the Trinity in Unity is to be worshipped.
28. He therefore that will be saved must thus think of the Trinity.
29. Furthermore it is necessary to everlasting salvation that he also believe rightly the incarnation of our Lord Jesus Christ.
30. For the right faith is that we believe and confess that our Lord Jesus Christ, the Son of God, is God and man.
31. God of the substance of the Father, begotten before the worlds; and man of substance of His mother, born in the world.
32. Perfect God and perfect man, of a reasonable soul and human flesh subsisting.
33. Equal to the Father as touching His Godhead, and inferior to the Father as touching His manhood.
34. Who, although He is God and man, yet He is not two, but one Christ.
35. One, not by conversion of the Godhead into flesh, but by taking of that manhood into God.
36. One altogether, not by confusion of substance, but by unity of person.
37. For as the reasonable soul and flesh is one man, so God and man is one Christ;
38. Who suffered for our salvation, descended into hell, rose again the third day from the dead;
39. He ascended into heaven, He sits on the right hand of the Father, God, Almighty;
40. From thence He shall come to judge the quick and the dead.
41. At whose coming all men shall rise again with their bodies;
42. and shall give account of their own works.
43. And they that have done good shall go into life everlasting and they that have done evil into everlasting fire.
44. This is the catholic faith, which except a man believe faithfully he cannot be saved.
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#463714 Jul 19, 2013
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
What is wrong Tony17? You would not be here if your parents practiced what you preach Tony17.
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>I want you to know that I believe in free speech, but this type of filthy deviant speech is disallowed, not only on a religious forum but with ALL moral forums.
therefore I want you and everyone else to know is that I reported this filthy reply of yours. AND I SINCERELY WISH THAT YOU WOULD BE CENSORED.
you stepped over the line again just like you did a few months ago.
NO CHRISTIAN WOULD EVER TALK LIKE THAT TO ANY PERSON, I don't like Tony and never did, but I aint that low as to use that type of speech.
this post shows just exactly why people should never accept someone as a filthy minded vocal idiot like you.
TONY, AS A MINISTER AND A CHRISTIAN, FOR ALL OF US, I DO APOLOGIZE FOR THIS IDIOT.
we can agree to disagree, but that doesn't give anyone the right to be this disagreeable
Try re-reading my post. Also, when you have reached perfection start throwing stones. Until then stay in your own yard. Comprende'

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#463715 Jul 19, 2013
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
You were never a "true" Protestant.
A TRUE Protestant???

What IS that animal?

:)
Clay

Garden City, MI

#463716 Jul 19, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
You got my curiosity...tell us the word of God that was given orally.
Tell us who He give it to...give us the names of all who were/are involved in making this known to you....from the first person God gave it to....down to yourself...
The Apostles explained their writings already. They orally communicated the faith. What they told the people was the word of God.
Things like the Eucharist were thoroughly explained, demonstrated and distributed so the people wouldn't wonder what Christianity is. Things like the nature of Jesus Christ were verbally explained.
You seem to think the Apostles just wrote letters and let everyone else figure out if God and His Son are one being. No sir, why would Christ go thru the crucifixion only to let everyone be confused because they didn't adequately study the writings of a few of His Apostles??

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#463717 Jul 19, 2013
who="Human Being"
RoSesz:

Scripture declares that 'the flesh is enmity (at war) against the Spirit'. We are called upon to put our flesh desires to death.
When we fail, we cannot 'buy' our way back into the favor of God. We CAN repent, confess and believe that He will keep His Word, and will forgive us. If our repentance is true, we will forsake the sinful deeds and follow Him.
KayMarie

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#463718 Jul 19, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
New Age Spiritual Leader:
It all depends on wisdom.
If a person believes that faith is dependent on knowledge, then they will become more foolish, setting up false idols and beliefs. It will become a habit, until such time as one realizes their idols are dead.
Reality is the other way around. Knowledge is dependent on faith.
("Faith seeks knowledge." St. Anselm.), or,(Proverbs 15:14 "The heart of the intelligent seeketh knowledge, and the mouth of fools enjoy folly.")
So it would be silly of me to try and prove anything to anyone. One can deny the existence of faith(gravity) and jump off a high cliff. The result is of a foolish decision....death.
"If a person believes that faith is dependent on knowledge, then they will become more foolish, setting up false idols and beliefs. It will become a habit, until such time as one realizes their idols are dead."
- This hasn't happened to me, and I've not been a so-called "Christian" for over 30 years.
- When should I expect this to occur to me?

I think you are just making up a story, by trying to mislead others.

What support do you have for this claim? You do have something that expressly shows the demise of an individual, right?

Lay it on me HB.

#463719 Jul 19, 2013
who="Human Being"

KayMarie:
So are you saying that a Christian soul is incapable of sin?
We are kind of mixing our earthly existence here with the hope of eternal heaven....By that I mean, we have both a knowledge of our sinfulness and of peace in Christ(in the kingdom of heaven) while we are living now.
This being the case, the Christian turns from sin, and sinful ways, and turns to God. God reveals in time to us, that which needs changing in our life. That process is purgation. It is the mortifying of the flesh, which offers us the opportunity to turn from vices to virtues....
If we go to our graves on earth without mortifying the flesh, then we carry within our souls that which cannot enter into the presence of a Holy God. Thus purgation can continue after the grave.

I did not say that a Christian cannot sin. I said that our flesh is AT WAR with the Spirit, and the lusts of our flesh sometimes overcome us. When that happens, we need to seek His forgiveness, and forsake the desires of the flesh.

Purging of sin cannot continue in the grave. The rich man died, and lifted up his eyes in hell. When there was no change for him, he asked that someone be sent from the dead to his brothers.

Jesus said: They have Moses and the prophets...in other words, we are to 'hear' God's Word and obey it while we can.

KayMarie

Albuquerque, NM

#463720 Jul 19, 2013
Human Being wrote:
June:
Although I am overgeneralizing, it is to keep it simple....Men are protectors, women are nurturers
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Some men are nurturers, and some women are murderers.
Some men are nurturers and protectors, while some women are deadbeats.

If we put our minds to it, we could come up with many other scenarios that would plainly fit within these "categories".

Albuquerque, NM

#463721 Jul 19, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
...except if someone sins again, then all bets are off, right?

We heard the same thing, when the supposed Great Flood occurred.

Damn it, will your "God" ever get it right?

;o)

#463722 Jul 19, 2013
who="RoSesz"

You did fine, Rosesz.

Psa 95:7 For he is our God; and we are the people of his pasture, and the sheep of his hand. To day if ye will hear his voice,
Psa 95:8 Harden not your heart, as in the provocation, and as in the day of temptation in the wilderness:

Heb 3:7 Wherefore (as the Holy Ghost saith, To day if ye will hear his voice,
Heb 3:8 Harden not your hearts, as in the provocation, in the day of temptation in the wilderness:

Heb 3:12 Take heed, brethren, lest there be in any of you an evil heart of unbelief, in departing from the living God.
Heb 3:13 But exhort one another daily, while it is called To day; lest any of you be hardened through the deceitfulness of sin.
Heb 3:14 For we are made partakers of Christ, if we hold the beginning of our confidence stedfast unto the end;
Heb 3:15 While it is said, To day if ye will hear his voice, harden not your hearts, as in the provocation.

Heb 4:11 Let us labor therefore to enter into that rest, lest any man fall after the same example of unbelief.
Heb 4:12 For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any two edged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.
Heb 4:13 Neither is there any creature that is not manifest in his sight: but all things are naked and opened unto the eyes of him with whom we have to do.
Heb 4:14 Seeing then that we have a great high priest, that is passed into the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold fast our profession.
Heb 4:15 For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin.
Heb 4:16 Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need.

KayMarie

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#463724 Jul 19, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
who="RoSesz"
You did fine, Rosesz.
Psa 95:7 For he is our God; and we are the people of his pasture, and the sheep of his hand. To day if ye will hear his voice,
Psa 95:8 Harden not your heart, as in the provocation, and as in the day of temptation in the wilderness:
Heb 3:7 Wherefore (as the Holy Ghost saith, To day if ye will hear his voice,
Heb 3:8 Harden not your hearts, as in the provocation, in the day of temptation in the wilderness:
Heb 3:12 Take heed, brethren, lest there be in any of you an evil heart of unbelief, in departing from the living God.
Heb 3:13 But exhort one another daily, while it is called To day; lest any of you be hardened through the deceitfulness of sin.
Heb 3:14 For we are made partakers of Christ, if we hold the beginning of our confidence stedfast unto the end;
Heb 3:15 While it is said, To day if ye will hear his voice, harden not your hearts, as in the provocation.
Heb 4:11 Let us labor therefore to enter into that rest, lest any man fall after the same example of unbelief.
Heb 4:12 For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any two edged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.
Heb 4:13 Neither is there any creature that is not manifest in his sight: but all things are naked and opened unto the eyes of him with whom we have to do.
Heb 4:14 Seeing then that we have a great high priest, that is passed into the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold fast our profession.
Heb 4:15 For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin.
Heb 4:16 Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need.
KayMarie
Thanks Kay.
Another question along the same lines.
A person is saved. They stray ..sin ...are called back..REPENT..
Ok we look at the Prodigal parable ..the Father literally runs to embrace the LOST SON.
But though he is welcome ..he HAS spent his inheritance .
He loses rewards ..he loses his "mansion""
???????
What happens ???
HE has been welcomed back but ????

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#463725 Jul 19, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>the Bible says NOTHING about Peter going or being in Rome. NOTHING!!!!!!
and yeah, it DOES say something about me and people like me, just as it does to GIF, but it SAYS NOTHING about some pedophile priest singing a magical cantation over a piece of grain,
AND YOU CANT SHOW US BY THE WORD OF GOD. JESUS NEVER SANG ANY LATINO WORDS WHEN HE BROKE UP THE BREAD TO SHARE IT WITH THE REMAINDER OF THE GUESTS AT THAT SUPPER.
OH THAT!...I know where they got that from. Jesus an the girls was all hang'n out with the gang hav'n a party, an Jesus was jist about ta break a loaf o' bread an pass the pieces around so's everyone could soak up all the spilled vino (alcohol abuse) with it...when maggie yells out HEy! What's these funny lil' black things in the box? Ole' Jesus looks at her an says(slurr'n a bit from all the vino)..."Dominoes..a game o' blocks wit dots on 'em".
The rest is history.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#463727 Jul 19, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
You're not even reading what you post. You're looking at the surface and not realizing the essentials aren't changed at all.
====

“Don't look now, but there's one too many in this room and I think it's you” Groucho Marx quote

Tipote (different dialect different region of Greece and Us)Gee sometimes that happens with language,

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#463728 Jul 19, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
That is EXACTLY what Jesus, said and did, in Matthew 16:19 "To YOU PETER (and only YOU) I give the Keys to the Kingdom of Heaven". Jesus appointed "only Peter" to be HIS (Christs) earthly representative to lead HIS ONE (and only one)(Uiversa CAtholic Church) until HE returns for the second time. The same Church (Catholic) that Ignastis (in a letter)referred to as (CATHOLIC) in 070) AD....... In Matthew 16:16 Peter was the (ONLY ONE) who knew and acknowledged Jesus as the Son of God, when he said: "You are the Christ, the Messiah, the son of the living God!!...... It is here that Jesus "singled out" Peter,(specifically) calling Him Blessed! Furthermore---- Jesus said to Peter " I pray for you that you will give strength and guidance to your OTHER brother Apostles. There is "NO DOUBT ABOUT IT" that Peter was the ONLY APOSTLE that was given the "keys to the kingdom of heaven"........Based upon your (above) remarks, you can "put away" you tanning lotion and swim suit, Confrinting and pack your "long underwear and ice skates!!....... With the "drastic" change in temperature that you predicted---"You'll definitely need them"!!!
Ok HOJO

Will ask you this time

Some if you agreed that not all the POPES..let's take ALEXANDER were good men..But according to you guys they were protected from error .

I am asking

If a Pope ..an unholy man..is elected through politics And Not through the HOLY SPIRIT.

Men CAN ERR..SIN..including those in a conclave .

If the pope is not fit to wash Peter's feet..let alone WEAR His shoes.

SO is that Chair filled ...by an unholy man ..elected through political means

Politics not only of the CHURCH but Monarchs in power ???

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#463729 Jul 19, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, the Catholic Encyclopedia is loaded with the history of holy men and women of the Church. There's a few bad guys too. What other brilliant sources do you have to support your accusation?
Even the catholic enc. is enough on it's own to convict your church leaders. What more could you want, when it comes right from the horse's mouth. It is what it is.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 1 min It aint necessari... 38,549
Looking for a second husband to fulfill fantasy (Aug '13) 21 min Agha 6
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 23 min Brian_G 970,093
Why do white men hate white women who want blac... (May '11) 1 hr Paul is dead 4,156
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 1 hr Just Think 104,758
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 1 hr good true observa... 44,451
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 2 hr good true observa... 618,439
More from around the web