Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Comments (Page 22,354)

Showing posts 447,061 - 447,080 of532,327
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Sep 09

Smithers, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
FRED Phelps ..well I did mention rabid.
He is not part of any CHRISTIAN faith
According to Fred, he is closer to your god than are all others, and he's sure to be rewarded by "god."

You people have quite the competition going among your selves over who is really a Christian and who is a misfit.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

Judged:

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
If women all used birth control and birth control never failed, there would be no abortions.
That word evil, so handy to those in religion who point outward is simply your excuse for bullying other people.
And the human race would become extinct.

Smithers, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
We do not stone any one
If you don't kill homosexuals, you aren't following your bible.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>

If a man lies with a male as he lies with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination. They shall surely be put to death. Their blood shall be upon them.(NKJ, Leviticus 20:13)

Religion is BUNK!

Smithers, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
We do not stone any one..Muslims may do it but we do not.
Christians killed homosexuals for centuries until the laws changed and wouldn't allow them their sadistic pleasures anymore.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >

About.com Civil Liberies.

In 1779, Thomas Jefferson proposed a law that would mandate castration for gay men and mutilation of nose cartilage for gay women. But that's not the scary part. Here's the scary part: Jefferson was considered a liberal. At the time, the most common penalty on the books was death.

http://civilliberty.about.com/od/gendersexual ...

Smithers, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
And the human race would become extinct.
Good!

Then you can't use your religion to irritate others ever again.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

Judged:

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Good!
Then you can't use your religion to irritate others ever again.
Ahhh, those pesky humans, the world would be a much better place if they were eliminated.

June, you need some serious lovin'.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

Judged:

June VanDerMark wrote:
I didn't need a support-group when I left religion, as it was a slow process for me to finally come to the conclusion that religion had nothing more that I considered to be of value.
I didn't believe any of the words in any supposed holy books were inspired by a god. I believed it was all a con-job by mortal men who took the lofty title for their selves as theologian and then went to war with each other over who owned the one and only "truth."
....since you are an frequently attending participant here, one could consider this forum as your support-group.

:o)

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
You asked me if he is infallible. I said yes, he is incapable of teaching error, which is how "infallible" is defined in the CCC.
"Papal infallibility means that the pope is protected from error when he "proclaims by a definitive act a doctrine pertaining to faith or morals" (CCC 891). This does not mean that he is impeccable (incapable of sin) or inerrant (incapable of error)."
If you decide to create a different definition of infallible, just be honest and put it out there.
No I asked you if you believe the Pope to be infallible, not his teachings.

DOH!!

Just to continue avoiding it Anthony, you are just like every other Catholic I've ever spoken with - you'll put the spin on it, the way you choose, all the while avoiding the question with honesty.

I can understsnd your need to be in an organization that lies to its followers, you like it.

Do you believe the Pope is infallible?

“Greatest Love”

Since: Aug 08

For His Creation

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Birth control has led us to the evil of abortion. Yes, evil begets evil.
Sorry but NOT is birth control ..as well as condoms .

In this day and age for me the worse sin is abortion .

I'm with LTM on this .

Yes extramarital sex is wrong but it happens..

And even married people get abortions .

Just my opinion

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

Judged:

Anthony MN wrote:
The authority of the Church is not a trivial issue, to Catholics anyaway.

New Age wrote:
Just to keep you honest Anthony, you still haven't answered this request either.
Is there a problem?
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
No problem. Here's a good place to start;
http://www.beginningcatholic.com/church-autho...
Why are Catholics so afraid to answer strraight forward questions that affect their belief, as you have done?

Please define the "authority of the Church" - who is this authority?

We already know that you don't belong to the "Church" because you don't believe in Jesus, but you will promote this so-called "Church", yet can't explain its authoritative construct.

Maybe you should learn more about the religion you tout, because you seem to be lacking understanding even in these simple questions.

You are a wonderful example of why people leave your religious beleif - you love to cause confusion within others, so they find it quite hard to believe you.

You aren't very credible.

Smithers, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
....since you are an frequently attending participant here, one could consider this forum as your support-group.
Well I don't seem to be getting much support for my opinions.

Maybe it goes deeper than that huh??? Maybe others believe I am supposed to be traveling in spiritual realms with them.

The problem is, those that believe they travel in spiritual realms don't even seem to believe they travel in the same spiritual realms with each other.

Those in Abrahamic religions preach that there is one god. How can that, be unless the Jews, Catholic, Muslims and Protestants divvy up the god into "portions."

Ridiculous!

“Greatest Love”

Since: Aug 08

For His Creation

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

Correction N F P is birth control

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
We do not want any child ABORTED...And an abortion fir selection of any trait OR SEX is REPULSIVE ..Bringing on NAZI images.
Eugenics is out of the puts of Helll
I betcha you wouldn't be thinking this if you were abducted by Ariel Castro.

Tell me Rose, why would you force a 14 yr old rape victim to carry an unwanted child?

To teach them a lesson - for their entire life? What would be that lesson?
- That it is okay to be raped and become pregnant, just so the child can be born?
- That the 14 yr old girl has no say in her life?

You and others like you are despicable.

Smithers, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry but NOT is birth control ..as well as condoms .
In this day and age for me the worse sin is abortion .
I'm with LTM on this .
Yes extramarital sex is wrong but it happens..
And even married people get abortions .
Just my opinion
Well, when the pope and others suggest that birth control is evil, there WILL be more abortions. That is common sense.

And extra-marital sex is wrong to some people but to swingers it is a man and wife agreeing that extra-marital sex is not cheating, but rather just a whole lot of fun.

It is not my choice at all, but I won't preach at them if they don't preach at me.

Smithers, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Ahhh, those pesky humans, the world would be a much better place if they were eliminated.
It would sure give the non-human animals a break from all the bombs going off and the pollution caused by human greed ... yours and mine.
Human Being

Kinder, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

<quoted text>
Why would anyone worry about another person? Are those "leaders and followers" so perfect that they can "cast that first stone?" I think not.
No religion is required, still, huh? You only need you - to make the right choice for you - given that moment's circumstances and as long as your choice doesn't affect anyone else negatively.
- Of course the caveat is - if the choice is to do something good, then that is a good thing - because it was done through a form of love or kindness and one could very well help thousands with just one kind gesture.
People are insecure because they are dishonest with themselves. They are afraid to admit the truths that exist, only because it causes them to go against with only what they have only been informed of.
- their insecurities are of their own making - yeah June.....Self.
As for this portion of your response, and BTW - thanks for responding!.....
"the release of non-orthodox Nag-Hammadi(gnostic) writings, as opposed to accepted Christian writings(canonized)."
- the "release"?
+ You do realize, after 325 CE, Constantine and his "harem of bishops" put out an edict to suppress and destroy any texts that was not approved by the State - the NHLibrary texts are those texts that the 4th State of tyranny wanted destroyed, burned - GONE, so there wouldn't be anymore dissension within those specified ranks and the followers of the fledgling religion. They couldn't have people thinking about themselves, no way - they wanted them to "Need the Church" and all of its supposed glories.
They weren't released, they were rediscovered after 1500+ yrs of being hidden in a cave, which was originally done to ensure the information was to be conveyed....showing how wrong Christianity is today, and also showing how men have determined what you are to believe.
So called "Christians", in general live a ruse that they were fed too believe. Plain and simple. All of who deny this, are only lying to themselves and others.
Self.
<quoted text>
We all have "demons". Deal with them. You worry about yours, I'll worry about mine.
Darn tootin'- I love these old adages!!
<quoted text>
Christianity should not be changing its belief from century to century. One would not have to if one believes in all of what Jesus taught, and not just the piddly beginner level "parables" that men of many centuries ago, could only figure out.
- Unless, those men of centuries ago, had an agenda to control people, in a certain way. Looky-there - they succeeded.
*sighs*
New Age Spiritual Leader:

It all goes to uniformity of the message....To many "fiction" writers, be they sincere or not, suggesting spiritual truths, required some authentication process.

Whether you like it or not, that authentication process took place. I would suggest, that because they were nearer in time to the events and writings which took place, they were better able to filter what transpired in the canonization process.

Whether you agree with that process or not suggests more that you are open to reviewing what is taught, in the light of modern efforts to retrieve(although not entirely successful due to textual decay) the writings of those considered heretical at that time....
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
No I asked you if you believe the Pope to be infallible, not his teachings.
DOH!!
Just to continue avoiding it Anthony, you are just like every other Catholic I've ever spoken with - you'll put the spin on it, the way you choose, all the while avoiding the question with honesty.
I can understsnd your need to be in an organization that lies to its followers, you like it.
Do you believe the Pope is infallible?
I suspect you didn't understand what infallible means and when I showed you up you started back-tracking to save face.

And I'm not spinning anything, I'm giving you the Catholic definition of infallible. The pope IS infallible when he teaches definitively on faith and morals. He is not impeccable, he is not free from error in his personal opinions or personal actions.

Why don't you just tell me what you think infallible means and I'll tell you if it's the Catholic meaning. Sound good?
Human Being

Kinder, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
You are the one who claims to KNOW that a god exists and will take you off to heaven in a hereafter.
I am waiting to find out if truth even exists and I believe that if it does exist it doesn't exist because of what I believe, but rather it will show itself in its own due time.
June:

Wait. Wait. Wait.

I'm waiting.

Oh....Its already eternity, and your still waiting.

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
If you don't kill homosexuals, you aren't following your bible.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>
If a man lies with a male as he lies with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination. They shall surely be put to death. Their blood shall be upon them.(NKJ, Leviticus 20:13)
Religion is BUNK!
They only want to follow what they think is relevant.

In other words they lie.

So-called "Christians" have a major problem with honesty.

Out of one side of their mouth they say, "The Bible is truth" - "It is God's word".

Then out of the other side of their mouth, they say, "Except that law by "God", it doesn't pertain to me, as it was only for the time.

And then out of another side of their mouth, they exclaim from the highest mountain, that the whole Bible is true.

They are afraid to admit these truths, because it destroys their belief.

They do as they are. Would you expect something less from liars?

It will be the downfall of this religion. I look forward to getting the liars off the street. Let them move it as an underground belief.

Maybe then they will realize their mistakes and own them by being truthful with others.

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Well I don't seem to be getting much support for my opinions.
Untrue - I've been trying to help you cope.

But you are so - uhm - what's the word you used - oh yeah...."bored"....

;o)

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 447,061 - 447,080 of532,327
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

570 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 5 min BenAdam 720,007
Tony Dungy was right 10 min dirty white boy- 19
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 12 min Porkpie Hat 256,368
Delhi me koi randi hai to wechat pe msz kar muj... (Oct '13) 21 min pawan 6
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 31 min Stilgar Fifrawi 172,213
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 32 min Gray 114,950
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 41 min Perera 4,474
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••