Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 646377 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#463569 Jul 19, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
How come you guys disregard the word of God that was given orally?
~~~

WHY SHOULD ANY ONE ON EARTH TRUST THEIRS SOULS DESTINY
WHEN THE BOOK THAT IS THEIR BIBLE SAYS

" their catechism.

explains clearly what infallibility means ....

as it pertains the pope.

Regardless of the sinful behavior of some popes,

not one of them has

ever erred when teaching doctrine on faith and morals."

If you want to trust you soul to the words of a bunch of sinful men that

have no standard of holiness...

I want my physical food from a clean vessel I DON'T EAT FROM GARBAGE CANS.

I DON'T WANT MY ORAL SPIRITUAL FOOD FROM SPIRITUALLY DEAD

EVIL DIRTY MINDED LIARS.

THAT HAVE CONTAMINATE THE WORD OF GOD WITH THEIR CARNAL MINDS FOR OVER

1600 YEARS...

i AM NOT A SPIRITUAL CANNIBAL,,,

Mat_23:27 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye are like unto whited sepulchres, which indeed appear beautiful outward, but are within full of dead men's bones, and of all uncleanness.

I DON'T GET MY SPIRITUAL FOOD FROM A MAUSOLEUM!
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#463570 Jul 19, 2013
Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
Dust Storm provided a quote from a Metropolitan Phillip to support that the conciliar nature of the Ortho Church made it disorganized and chaotic.
THE QUOTE AS PROVIDED BY STORM GAVE THE IMPRESSION THAT A GREEK ORTHODOX CHURCH WOULD HAVE 2 BISHOPS COVERING THE SAME TERRITORY. ANTHONY THOUGHT THIS MEANT THEY WOULD CROSS INTO EACH OTHER'S TERRITORIES, ETC. CHAOS! RIGHT!
Well Metro Phillip was talking about Eastern Orthodox Churches under different Patriarchs (remember we do not have a "king Pope")
So the Antiochan Orthodox would have their Bishop for a district and the Greek Orthodox would have a Bishop for the same district if they had a church there. be Greek Bishop would never cross into another Greek Bishop's territory. A Greek Bishop would never cross into an Antioch Bishop's territory and vice versa.
But their Orthodox faith is the same. They are united in love and faith, not in dictatorship. And the Bishop presides in love, not dictatorship. is job is to coordinate with the other Bishops- Greek, Antiochian, etc to insure the faith is protected.
You that know history know that the Orthodox Church, following this conciliar system, have preserved the same faith for about 2000 years whereas the Catholics have for example changed the Mass about 50 times. Our Liturgy goes back to the 3rd Century with Hymns and Prayers from the first.
The second deception is that when I debunked Storm's source, this Metro Phillip who dressed in a cowboy outfit pointing a gun at his flock saying pay your diocese fees and is considered a dictator and basically a Papist by his own flock,
Storm says his source was not Phillip by Likouris.
But Likouris only authored the article. He quoted Phillip.Likouris,(although a Catholic convert LOL)has impressive credentials.SO STORM MADE IT SOUND LIKE THIS SCHOLAR SAID THE QUOTE.
BUT THE QUOTE WAS NOT THE SCHOLAR LIKOURIS', THE MAN WITH THE CREDENTIALS. LIKOURIS WAS JUST THE WRITER WHO WAS QUOTING THE "COWBOY BISHOP".IT WAS NOT LIKOURIS HE WAS QUOTING BUT THE "COWBOY BISHOP". SO DUST STORM LIES AROUND THE COWBOY AND MAKES THE READER THINK THE SCHOLAR MADE THE QUOTE AND LISTS THE SCHOLAR'S CREDENTIALS.
Not true. I never said or implied two Greek bishops covered the same territory. I specifically stated "different traditions" decribing them as "Serb, Russian, Ukrainian, Greek", etc.

You may have misundertood me, but you denied it initially, then reconsidered after realizing you were wrong.

As far as changing our mass, the essential parts of the mass have never been changed. See St. Justin Martyr (circa AD 150) for reference.

Metropolitan Phillip says this of modern Orthodoxy:

"Eastern Orthodoxy is plagued by excessive nationalism, liturgical decay, and doctrinal fluctuations - all factors which have crippled its apostolic energies."

#463571 Jul 19, 2013
who=" Anthony MN"
They were sinners. We are all sinners. There were a few scoundrels in St. Peter's chair, but the gates of hell did not prevail. Even the worst did not teach error.

Anthony...the rest of us, and the Bible, make it plain that one's actions teach more than their words.

If one 'teaches' the Word, but lives in opposition to it, what do you think his hearers believe? Do?

Honest people call that HYPOCRISY...

KayMarie
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#463572 Jul 19, 2013
Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
<quoted text>Lie. I addressed what Metro Phillip said in a detailed post.
You and Sera insist you have no problems with criticism of the Orthodox Church, but you seem to get very upset when an Orthodox Metropolitan is the one criticizing. What is your purpose in attacking and demeaning him?
Pad

Rockford, IL

#463573 Jul 19, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
If women of the Muslim faith were the only ones allowed to carry fetuses, would you still want to protect THOSE fetuses from being aborted.
After all, Muslim souls are only fit for Christian hell anyway ... aren't they "oh holy one???"
Silly people and their silly religions.
There is no such thing as a Christian heaven or a Christian hell. And as far as Muslims or any religious group ending up all in hell.The Scriptures are very clear that God looks upon the heart,as He does yours as well.I believe you are playing Russian Roulette with your soul,and your comments are clear indication that you remain clueless as to understanding anything spiritual.

"God is not mocked whatever a man sows he shall also reap."The only one silly here is you.I would take a good hard look June at why you spend so much time on this thread!

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#463574 Jul 19, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
If one 'teaches' the Word, but lives in opposition to it, what do you think his hearers believe? Do?
Honest people call that HYPOCRISY...
KayMarie
The WORD huh?

You are teaching ONLY your own rendition of what man-created WORDS mean to you.

You won't see your own arrogance until you WANT to see it.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#463575 Jul 19, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>the Bible says NOTHING about Peter going or being in Rome. NOTHING!!!!!!
and yeah, it DOES say something about me and people like me, just as it does to GIF, but it SAYS NOTHING about some pedophile priest singing a magical cantation over a piece of grain,
AND YOU CANT SHOW US BY THE WORD OF GOD. JESUS NEVER SANG ANY LATINO WORDS WHEN HE BROKE UP THE BREAD TO SHARE IT WITH THE REMAINDER OF THE GUESTS AT THAT SUPPER.
So Babylon is Rome in Revelation, but it's not Rome in 1 Peter. And Ananias wasn't supposed to tell St. Paul that baptism would wash away his sins. lol.

Yes, Sts. Peter and Paul were in Rome. All respected biblical scholars INCLUDING protestant say St. Peter was there and died a martyr. They built up the Church in Rome and appointed and ordained successors. St. Paul says the faith of the Church at Rome is reknowned throughout the whole world.

Neither of them say one word about two goofy self-appointed, self annointed loudmouthed fundamentalist preachers in AD 2013. Sorry.
Pad

Rockford, IL

#463576 Jul 19, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
800 thousand per year..sorry
Thank you for responding to my comment on "Jesus became as sin for us."I am in the middle of much going on in my life,so I frequent this thread.Maybe that is good,because most of what is posted is frustrating to say the least. NO one agrees with anyone ever,and everyone is there own isolated belief system,never the twain shall meet.

We are having a heat wave,as most of the country.Hopefully it will break soon.But it is not as bad as last year,our summer was brutal in 2012,at least we have some days in the 70s now.And most of all some rain.We actually this year had just regular rain falls without all the severity.Have a great day!

Prince George, Canada

#463577 Jul 19, 2013
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>There is no such thing as a Christian heaven or a Christian hell. And as far as Muslims or any religious group ending up all in hell.The Scriptures are very clear that God looks upon the heart,as He does yours as well.I believe you are playing Russian Roulette with your soul,and your comments are clear indication that you remain clueless as to understanding anything spiritual.
"God is not mocked whatever a man sows he shall also reap."The only one silly here is you.I would take a good hard look June at why you spend so much time on this thread!
No Christian heaven or hell? That would be bad NEWS for Christians who NEED heaven for their selves and hell for others.

Silly people!

:)

Prince George, Canada

#463578 Jul 19, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>[email protected]
there isn't a person ever living on this earth that ever {deserved] heaven
You are on earth.

:)
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#463579 Jul 19, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>a few days ago, I paraphrased a verse that indicates that Minister will be judged by the same words that judge everyone else.
that goes along with what GIF is telling you and Peter is saying that also.
three of us disagree with your knowledge of the word of God.
MYSELF, GIF, AND PETER.
You and your new buddy gif maybe. Funny that it was only a short time ago when you were railing on him as a fraud. lol.

Sorry preston, Jesus appointed St. Peter to lead the Church after His Ascension. You, like gif think Jesus made a mistake. Too bad you weren't around then, you might've gotten the call...lol.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#463580 Jul 19, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>I am not certain what the word [mire] means. are you misspelling the word "more"?
anyway, it makes no difference if you can read or not. His Word doesn't change to fit intelligencia. It means what it says and say what he means.
marge doesn't have enough sense to know when to shut her mouth and she never has, and IF she makes it to heaven, look for her to get a good "Chewing Out".
sad to say, I don't look for her to get into heaven, some peoples sins go before them to the judgement, and some peoples sins follow them to the Judgement. I think that her sins will [follow] her
Yes I meant the word more.

What I was speaking to however however was in those days women usually were not schooled in scripture as men were.
They did nit have any education..though they were believers

AND also not speaking regarding Marge.

I am saying that women can read the bible and be given insight from the Spirit.

Do you really think as the poster was implying....That no women should be allowed to post on here here regarding the bible or our beliefs.

Prince George, Canada

#463581 Jul 19, 2013
It's disturbing how many people believe that they are vile if they don't have religion in their lives.

I don't believe I am holy, but I do believe I am whole.

#463582 Jul 19, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Correct!! All Catholic teachings parallel and recorded in the Bible. Purgatory is no exception!
Purgatory is where Protestants become Catholics and Catholics become "better Catholics"!!
~~~

QUOTING

ANOTHER LIE...

FROM YOUR CATECHISM FABLES AGAIN ABOUT YOUR INVENTED, FANTASY LAND...

RIGHT?

THE BIBLE SAYS

Heb 9:27 And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:
Pad

Rockford, IL

#463583 Jul 19, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Not true. I never said or implied two Greek bishops covered the same territory. I specifically stated "different traditions" decribing them as "Serb, Russian, Ukrainian, Greek", etc.
You may have misundertood me, but you denied it initially, then reconsidered after realizing you were wrong.
As far as changing our mass, the essential parts of the mass have never been changed. See St. Justin Martyr (circa AD 150) for reference.
Metropolitan Phillip says this of modern Orthodoxy:
"Eastern Orthodoxy is plagued by excessive nationalism, liturgical decay, and doctrinal fluctuations - all factors which have crippled its apostolic energies."
I cannot help but to comment on this last sentence you quoted from the Metropolitan Phillip.IT is a dynamic statement of insight on his part,as I have always felt that Orthodoxy has been stymied by their ethnocentrism.I shared with HS quite awhile back,that I believed his Orthodox church was inundated with ethnic snubery,and that especially in Russia the Orthodox persecuted every other type of Christian expression,and also the Jews as well,because their mindset was gravely ethnocentric.No real concern for souls,but seeing their Christian organization as supreme because of historical past,and their "Russian bias".

There is really nothing more damaging to the cause of Christ than nationalizing or making His Kingdom to us an ethnic bias.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#463584 Jul 19, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
The mistake is not in God..even though you evidently think so.
The horrible error is in the accepting of the conjecture of the Roman Catholic Church...
...That PRIEST OR A POPE...can live like the devil and yet be moral and guide/lead what YOU CLAIM to be the one and only True Apostolic Church.
That DECEITFUL TEACHING ...sets forwards a belief that one can not only
live a wicked life and be a Christian...
but THEY CAN ALSO BE SPIRITUAL LEADER..
A PRIEST OR POPE is not exempt from following the word of God that says..
1Ti_4:12 ........ be thou an example of the believers, in word, in conversation, in charity, in spirit, in faith, in purity.
neither is any other supposed Christian...
The words of Jesus in HIS PRAYER FOR THE APOSTLES
IN
Joh 17:15 I pray not that thou shouldest take them out of the world, but that thou shouldest keep them from the evil.
Joh 17:16 They are not of the world, even as I am not of the world.
Joh 17:17 -->Sanctify<-- them through thy truth: thy word is truth.
SANCTIFY DEFINED IN HEBREW
H6942
&#1511;&#1491;&#15 13;&#1473;
qa&#770;dash
kaw-dash'
A primitive root; to be (causatively make, pronounce or observe as) clean (ceremonially or morally):- appoint, bid, consecrate, dedicate, defile, hallow,(be, keep) holy (-er, place), keep, prepare, proclaim, purify, sanctify (-ied one, self), X wholly.
SANCTIFY DEFINED IN GREEK AS USED IN JOHN 17:17
G37
&#945;&#788;&#947; &#953;&#945;&#769; &#950;&#969;
hagiazo&#772;
hag-ee-ad'-zo
From G40; to make holy, that is,(ceremonially) purify or consecrate; (mentally) to venerate:- hallow, be holy, sanctify.
__
1Pe_3:15 But -->sanctify<-- the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear:
SANCTIFY DEFINED IN GREEK AS USED IN 1 PETER 3:15
G48
&#945;&#788;&#947; &#957;&#953;&#769; &#950;&#969;
hagnizo&#772;
hag-nid'-zo
From G53; to make clean, that is,(figuratively) sanctify (ceremonially or morally):- purity (self).
THIS UNGODLY TEACHING ACCOUNTS FOR THE APOSTASY OF YOUR (so called)ONE TRUE APOSTATE CHURCH...
JESUS SAID..
Mat_15:14 Let them alone: they be blind leaders of the blind. And if the blind lead the blind, both shall fall into the ditch.
Luk_6:39 And he spake a parable unto them, Can the blind lead the blind? shall they not both fall into the ditch?
Evidently I DON'T think so, because I say Jesus got it right when He gave the keys to St. Peter. You say NO!, so it's YOU who thinks Jesus got it wrong.

And do me a favor gif, instead of blabbing on about infallibility, find out what it means first, even though you think you are infallible. lol.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#463585 Jul 19, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
in these few verses, we find that Anthony is very wrong when he speaks of Peter. so what does acts chapter ten show us?
that Peter never claimed, nor wanted any favoritism shown to him.
ALL GLORY GOES TO OUR GOD AND SAVIOR.
Cornelius fell down and worshipped at Peter's feet, but was kindly rebuked for doing so.
not one iota of any catholic claims can be found to be biblical.
there is no hope in the pope!!!!
Want it or not, Jesus gave him the keys. He commissioned him to feed His sheep. Jesus told him he would be lead where he didn't want to go. St. Peter, ever the reluctant leader, did what Jesus asked of him. God Bless St. Peter!!!
Pad

Rockford, IL

#463586 Jul 19, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
It's disturbing how many people believe that they are vile if they don't have religion in their lives.
I don't believe I am holy, but I do believe I am whole.
Christian teachers and so on have been very clear JUNE,in stating "ALL have sinned and come SHORT of the glory of God." We all have gone astray,and everyone seeks their own way,or what is right in their own eyes. You are grasping at straws,first you say we Christians think ourselves holier than everyone else,than you say we see everyone is vile who does not have faith.But the truth is we are all as dirty rags in this life.No one is greater than the other,but who is greatest amongst us should also be servants,that is why Jesus wanted from His disciples.Many men of faith who have taken on the ministry of Christ,whether Catholic,Protestant and independent,have learned to be servants as Jesus taught.You can generalize all you want as to the way we believe,but you come up short every time.There are thousands of Men,Women and children who have been influenced by the teachings of Christ to live good wholesome lives,and are living witnesses to the fact that HE is Alive!

It is such a shame that your claim to be once a person of faith,now you are trying your hardest to destroy faith,and perhaps you have done a good job of it in your own life,but sorry dear one,you will not succeed on this thread to convert any of us to the so-called WHOLE world you are in.We all know that HE exists,and will some turn RETURN with a shout of the Archangel,and in the clouds,His Feet will touch the Mount of Olives,and you will ,dear June meet Him face to face.He is not a figment of our imagination,but the reality you will be sure to see before Y O U decide your final fate.

I would suggest a good hard look into why you are no longer believing in Christ.If He is an offence to you than tell us why?Forget about the religious trappings,and myriads of religious thought in this world.TELL us,why Jesus offends you?
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#463587 Jul 19, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>and by WHOSE authority can you make that claim.
there is no hope in the pope.
nor does he have any God Given Authority over Gods Church.
I know for a FACT that he has NO authority over me and the office that God has Given to me.
In the Order in which God placed men in the Church, there is no office such as a pope
Jesus appointed St. Peter. St. Peter appointed a successor, he appointed successors. It contiunues to this very day.

You picked up a KJV and appointed yourself.

Not even close.
Clay

Garden City, MI

#463588 Jul 19, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>without the shedding of blood there is no remission of sin, eating a piece of grain will never and has never saved one person.
anything set up by any Apostle should be Biblical. I see no words by any Apostle that eating that bread might save a person.
if that was the case just like being Baptised, then the death of Jesus would not have had to have happened.
and you don't know those people Preached anything of the sort. it is just some lie that your church has told you to accept. just like the lie told about Polycarp et al being disciples of John. who knows,but they might have been the ones that left John because they couldn't abide by his Words and the Truth.lol
I'll tell you once again and hopefully it'll sink in this time:

I know of no Catholic that believes in the power of the Eucharist because they read about it or some Priest told them about it...
We partake in it. We go to the front of the Church and receive it. We eat it and it dwells in us.
Christ installed this brilliant gift so that we would know truth.
The two men on the road to Emmaus didn't recognize Jesus nor the scriptures until Christ gave them the Eucharist.
Luke 24: 13-32

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 min Catcher1 971,598
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 8 min Insults Are Easier 48,180
America needs to DIE!!! This is why.... (Mar '10) 29 min IPT 4
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 42 min OverLord Leyland 445,694
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 1 hr WildWeirdWillie 182,626
*** All Time Favorite Songs *** (Dec '10) 1 hr Classic 3,677
American Soldiers - Duty, Honor, Country (Jun '11) 1 hr DENG 38,741
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 1 hr jbraly 105,559
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 2 hr Peace_Warrior 618,558
More from around the web