Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 560,141
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#463275 Jul 18, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
and 50 days later the Church was refurbished with something that no other religion has. the Holy Spirit
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay - so the HS came to certain people 50 days after Jesus was supposedly killed.
a. The so-called "Church", since at this conception only included a handful of people, appears to have not included you.
b. The so-called "Church", if only a handful of people that didn't include you, had rcvd the HS, tell me cowboy, how is it that you have rcvd it as well?
You claim, like many in and ouot of your denomination say they have rcvd it as well, yet many object that it was rcvd, like me.
How is it that you are inspired by the HS and others aren't?
What qualifiers can you present that others don't have, that has allowed you to receive this entity?
I thought that inspiration, which comes form the HS, isn't availble to modern men, but only to those men of antiquity?
I think you are trying to circumvent others from receiving this inspiration. Why?
Hey cowboy - just making sure I follow-up on my posts that you may have missed. So I wanted to ensure you got a chance to respond.

You do have a response to these questions, right?

Does honesty got you by the tongue? Good. It should.

Since: Sep 09

Terrace, Canada

#463276 Jul 18, 2013
...or in "God's days" - one day.....
I think that would be all that Jesus could be able to comprehend if he did come back.
You post as though Jesus exists, and is not simply a character in a Catholic staged-play.

Yet when you post to me, you reiterate that you don't know if Jesus exists.

“HAVE A BLESSED ”

Since: Aug 08

CHRISTMAS

#463277 Jul 18, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
They can call it whatever they want ... but Atheists that leave religion and start a "church" are not in a religion, as the object of leaving religion is that they no longer believe in the existence of a creator.
It becomes a support group of people who explain to each other why they left religion.
Lol ITS A RELIGION

Belief system. Churches,...Lol..talk about hypocrisy

They now want government to recognize them the same way as,any religion.

Please,
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#463278 Jul 18, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
A child is already born. A fetus has not been born.
Is an abortion killing an unborn child?

Yes or No Grams.
truth

Perth, Australia

#463279 Jul 18, 2013
lucifer is smart angel..but fall as everything will be fall
it is written

Terrace, Canada

#463280 Jul 18, 2013
I didn't need a support-group when I left religion, as it was a slow process for me to finally come to the conclusion that religion had nothing more that I considered to be of value.

I didn't believe any of the words in any supposed holy books were inspired by a god. I believed it was all a con-job by mortal men who took the lofty title for their selves as theologian and then went to war with each other over who owned the one and only "truth."

Terrace, Canada

#463281 Jul 18, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol ITS A RELIGION
Belief system. Churches,...Lol..talk about hypocrisy
They now want government to recognize them the same way as,any religion.
Please,
So they are simply trying to scam the government by claiming they are in a church so they in turn reap financial benefits ... yet they no longer believe in the existence of a creator???

Scam artists abound.

Terrace, Canada

#463282 Jul 18, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Is an abortion killing an unborn child?
Yes or No Grams.
NO! It's killing a fetus, and the fetus is an animal that is made up of cells.

Terrace, Canada

#463283 Jul 18, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
If you knew that a baby was going to be born homosexual, would you be anxious to save that fetus?

Terrace, Canada

#463284 Jul 18, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
That is a standard ploy for the pro-choice.it excuses the cruelty in the womb.
No one can tell me these babies do Nit feel pain
I agree that fetuses feel pain. But if a god cared about pain, there would be no pain anywhere anytime whatsoever.

The fact is, you get all up in a knot about pain, and your supposed god does nothing.

It seems the rolls are reversed. If a god did something, you wouldn't have to preach and fuss about pain, because it wouldn't exist.

Religion is BUNK!

“HAVE A BLESSED ”

CHRISTMAS

#463285 Jul 18, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
So they are simply trying to scam the government by claiming they are in a church so they in turn reap financial benefits ... yet they no longer believe in the existence of a creator???
Scam artists abound.
Atheists can be much more intolerant than Christians assurance no problem if they hold a parade or signs..

God help some community with sEnsitivity scene. They have had fir decades..the aggression travel thousands of miles to say how it offends them .

You all want us to know tow to your NON belief in our God..taking Him out of public discourse.

Some get absolutely rabid ..

JUST LIKE some rabid religionists..oh wait you guys now have churches.

MUST be a religion

“HAVE A BLESSED ”

CHRISTMAS

#463286 Jul 18, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree that fetuses feel pain. But if a god cared about pain, there would be no pain anywhere anytime whatsoever.
The fact is, you get all up in a knot about pain, and your supposed god does nothing.
It seems the rolls are reversed. If a god did something, you wouldn't have to preach and fuss about pain, because it wouldn't exist.
Religion is BUNK!
The subject was DELIBERATE PAIN caused by the child's own mother in order to not have a child .

And the proposed legislation is ONKY trying to at least restrict the time limit to spare those babies the last thing they will feel ..horrid PAIN
truth

Perth, Australia

#463287 Jul 18, 2013
we know snake this and that going more crafted but fallllllllllllllllllllllll
it is written

Albuquerque, NM

#463288 Jul 18, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
You post as though Jesus exists, and is not simply a character in a Catholic staged-play.
Yet when you post to me, you reiterate that you don't know if Jesus exists.
That is an error in your perception.

You seem to want me to believe that Jesus was the star in a well-orchestrated story, so that is wrong from the beginning.

Like many men from history, I like the messages and teachings that are attributed to Jesus.

I'll say it again, you seem jealous that I do. Is that a problem with you?

Bummer for you.

I admit that there has been many "saviour" like men who have graced history's pages, and Jesus is just one of them.

Maybe you shouldn't be projecting as much as you do, and instead ask for clarity of the subject being discussed, before making false assumptions about what I believe.

You are starting to sound like a Catholic.

Albuquerque, NM

#463289 Jul 18, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
So you are an honest Atheist with no spiritual connections to the universe HUH?
I guess you read what you want to in what others post, huh?

I'm not an Atheist - for the upteenth time.

You've taken spiritual blindness to a whole new level.
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Self is only what self perceives it is ... nothing great ... just a mortal with a specific system of belief.
Correct.
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#463290 Jul 18, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
If you knew that a baby was going to be born homosexual, would you be anxious to save that fetus?
Stupid question because no one is born a homosexual.

To answer your stupid question yes I would save the child.
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#463291 Jul 18, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
NO! It's killing a fetus, and the fetus is an animal that is made up of cells.
And a doctor of 33 years experience says you are wrong.

What is your medical background to support your belief?
LTM

Sault Sainte Marie, Canada

#463292 Jul 18, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
For myself I can answer Yes, I would June. Because all life is special. A fetus is a life and everything created has a purpose.
Even you June, we make me realize, I don't want to be like you, and but for the Grace of God there go I.
Are there others out there like you??
LTM

Sault Sainte Marie, Canada

#463293 Jul 18, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:

<quoted text>
Religion is BUNK!
----------

There you go again blaming God for something, that humans do deliberately nice cop-out June.
God gave us free choice to do good or evil.
There are so many forums of birth control, that abortion shouldn't even be an issue now.
It's because people are careless with how they treat and use their bodies, they use an abortion as a means of birth control knowing well that it cause pain to an innocent unborn child.
Selfish self centered people.
Woe onto those who spill the blood of the innocent, can't get much more innocent then a unborn child.
Evil is as evil does.

Terrace, Canada

#463294 Jul 18, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Atheists can be much more intolerant than Christians assurance no problem if they hold a parade or signs..
It's a toss-up. Observe Christians in front of abortion clinics. Nasty people indeed with no sensitivity about the feelings of the women.

Observe the vicious Fred Phelps who believes he is a god's right-hand man ... picketing at funerals of soldiers that fought for his freedom.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Wake up, Black America!! (Sep '13) 16 min Johnny 4,836
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 20 min It aint necessari... 777,417
Gay snapchat names 38 min Sxybest11 163
What changes in Local search ranking on Google ... 49 min vitaltrafficsolution 1
2002 Ford Explorer Sport Keypad Code Location (Apr '11) 1 hr chas 8
sexting (guys only) (Jul '12) 1 hr eragonlove321 213
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 1 hr Peace_Warrior 605,275
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr onemale 265,377
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 4 hr Freebird USA 175,775
Why Iím no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 15 hr Lumajuice 441,807
More from around the web