Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Comments (Page 22,345)

Showing posts 446,881 - 446,900 of529,688
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 17, 2013

Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
This isn't even a coherent statement. You Roman Catholics in caps. lol Show respect for homosexual priest? Are you saying the church approves of homosexuality? It clearly does not. Pagans? I dont even know where you are attempting to go with that one.
As for hating Evangelicals with a passion no just rabid foaming at the mouth ones who attack incessantly with nonsense and show no respect and pass out going the hell cards at will and who show a profound ignorance of history or any willingness at all to learn anything or know anything about that which you attack.
So let me get this straight. If you decide to respect someone because they join in on attacks regardless of their belief they get a get to heaven pass? So you selectively apply your beliefs as condemnation only applies to those who say something. Selective hypocrisy. Good stuff! I want to know if the Idol and Mary worshipping Orthodox people who pray to dead people are going to heaven or not or is it just all Catholics and some Orthodox?
Pagans(ols) know far more about the truth of the ALL than you perverted religionists ever will.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 17, 2013

Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
<quoted text>"So let me get this straight. If you decide to respect someone because they join in on attacks" He did not say that. At least wait a couple pages before you misquote.
Also "selectively apply your beliefs as condemnation only applies to those who say something". He clearly said that we have said something and we agree to disagree. Again is there no shame in misquoting and rewriting history?
Of course not. Relifionists justify the means by the ends...just like the inquisitionists did.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 17, 2013

Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
I doubt you even have a clue what happened in 1054 let alone what the two churches signed and agreed upon what transpired. It is a date often used in General terms. Cereleus and Humbert were probably a bad choice to begin with to meet. Humbert didnt excommunicate the whole Orthodox church. The real schism was the 4th Crusade and the Orthodox should also take some responsibility for that and its utter nonsense the Pope arranged it. Pope John Pauls visit to Greece said all that needs to be said about how grudges are held for something that happened long ago.
As a matter of record the Orthodox consented to reunion at Florence. Regardless, I have seen the scholarship of Herme. lol If you wish to trash on our church and ignore others who do it and ignore the many vicious attacks made by Protestants daily and join with the protestants as you have fine. You are hypocrites that is not a name it is a fact. Your church was not attacked, but you attacked ours. Give it a break that apologists are not inundated with the incessant claim of the Orthodox that you have the one true church. Great! Good for you. If you dont believe that Great! However in stating that if the churches united you would stay seperate and maintain the true faith one can only assume that you believe its the one true church. Does that same analogy apply to any Protestants? If you want to argue with just catholics and ignore the venom spewing from Proestants then do so, but then admit that you are purely biased. Both churches confess one holy apostolic church. I believe you are in schism you believe othrwise. So be it. Yes even an inkling of reunion from some Orthodox will bring cries of protest and seperation and heretics.
If you wish to call me a liar for stating what was said by Herme that he doesnt have to listen to Patriarch, God is the head of his church and if they stray he doesnt have to follow them. Well whose to say you wouldnt be the one straying? The Copts, the aremenians, and splinter groups say the same. All the Protestant groups believe they have the truth. Whats the point of having a church if everyone can have their individual truths? I stated I want reunion with truth from the beginning. That was my crime. I did not denegrate the Orthodox I pointed to what your Patriarchs were saying and what was agreed upon. This sent Herme into a tirade who did not look or bother to read. Just as was provided with the divisions of Orthodox from Orthodox who acknowledge your big division and authority issues. You cant hold an ecumenical council because you are not unified. You have Bartholemew and former Alexis of Russia accusing each of the Ceasar popism. Everbody is so busy being equal you cant decide anything even whose in charge. I vote for Herme. lol God is the head of the church but the church has never been a free for all and it was never a poll taken by the individual groups and if you dont agree then your not Orthodox. What was agreed upon at the talks and why was interesting to me. You never had any interest in even knowing. You have nothing left to learn. You know it all. I agree. God Bless those who seek unity in truth with prayer, contemplation and clearing up misconceptions, laguage barriers and sharing documents nver shared. God Bless those who humbled themseleves and agreed to talk, share and seek. The church has her dissedents. However the Orthodox internal issues is no secret. Roca is already divided. Hilarion left the Ravenna conference over interal Orthodox disputes not over what was being discussed.
Since I confronted you directly with your lie and gave the post number for all to see, I do not have to address any of the rest of your twisted post. I clearly showed your lack of knowledge of Church history in your comments re disagreeing with the Patriarchs. I do believe given these two factors that the Catholic Church is best for you.Its a perfect fit.

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 17, 2013

Dr shrink wrote:
<quoted text>
agree with you june
this life is full of sacred serecy never revealed by earthly man or earthly evidences
Oh yes ... especially the sacred secrecy of why babies have to suffer and die from starvation related diseases because Adam and Eve sinned.

And don't forget the secrecy of why non-human animals have to suffer when they don't have the wherewithal TO sin.

Religion is silly!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 17, 2013

Judged:

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
if there are no reliable studies, then why are you saying sexual abuse is more so in the CC than the Orthodox?
(btw, there are lots of reliable studies)
Please do produce a study that conflicts with this statement...we are ALL ears!

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 17, 2013

Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Well...excepting the fact that you are an insider....which most would not like to hear the actual facts either...
Exactly but there is little chance of this getting through. This is THE Study to cite for some Caths here chiefly our Tales from the Dark Side of Catholicism man, Storm.His philosophy seems to be what do I have to know what the methodology of a study to test its reliability? Again, why do I have to know Church history to change it to something that backs me up.
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 17, 2013

Lucifer know all human weakness then complain to whom?

it is written
temtation
Did Jesus Christ been temted?
yes
then
it is written
God can hear prayers any time.
You can't hide nothing.
nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 17, 2013

Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Pagans(ols) know far more about the truth of the ALL than you perverted religionists ever will.
I don't believe that at all. Religion is all based on fantasy, and if one group of truth-claimers just happened to hit the bulls eye of truth ... they wouldn't have a clue that it had happened, as fantasy shoots blanks from the darkness of human ignorance.

Human religionists are simply arrogant in their claims of knowing truth.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 17, 2013

<quoted text>Exactly but there is little chance of this getting through. This is THE Study to cite for some Caths here chiefly our Tales from the Dark Side of Catholicism man, Storm.His philosophy seems to be what do I have to know what the methodology of a study to test its reliability? Again, why do I have to know Church history to change it to something that backs me up.
You do not. You simply have to have the actuality as it is. Reality is reality. Religions come and go...fools do it at a quickened rate...those that understand the difference prevail.

“Greatest Love”

Since: Aug 08

For His Creation

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 17, 2013

Judged:

Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
I doubt you even have a clue what happened in 1054 let alone what the two churches signed and agreed upon what transpired. It is a date often used in General terms. Cereleus and Humbert were probably a bad choice to begin with to meet. Humbert didnt excommunicate the whole Orthodox church. The real schism was the 4th Crusade and the Orthodox should also take some responsibility for that and its utter nonsense the Pope arranged it. Pope John Pauls visit to Greece said all that needs to be said about how grudges are held for something that happened long ago.
As a matter of record the Orthodox consented to reunion at Florence. Regardless, I have seen the scholarship of Herme. lol If you wish to trash on our church and ignore others who do it and ignore the many vicious attacks made by Protestants daily and join with the protestants as you have fine. You are hypocrites that is not a name it is a fact. Your church was not attacked, but you attacked ours. Give it a break that apologists are not inundated with the incessant claim of the Orthodox that you have the one true church. Great! Good for you. If you dont believe that Great! However in stating that if the churches united you would stay seperate and maintain the true faith one can only assume that you believe its the one true church. Does that same analogy apply to any Protestants? If you want to argue with just catholics and ignore the venom spewing from Proestants then do so, but then admit that you are purely biased. Both churches confess one holy apostolic church. I believe you are in schism you believe othrwise. So be it. Yes even an inkling of reunion from some Orthodox will bring cries of protest and seperation and heretics.
If you wish to call me a liar for stating what was said by Herme that he doesnt have to listen to Patriarch, God is the head of his church and if they stray he doesnt have to follow them. Well whose to say you wouldnt be the one straying? The Copts, the aremenians, and splinter groups say the same. All the Protestant groups believe they have the truth. Whats the point of having a church if everyone can have tthemseleves and agreed to talk, share and seek. The church has her dissedents. However the Orthodox internal issues is no secret. Roca is already divided. Hilarion left the Ravenna conference over interal Orthodox disputes not over what was being discussed.
Dust

You BELUEVE John Paul is a SAINT

Me too

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/...

We believe the same truth all translations

He believed we should be united ..never calling us anything but Christian

The main purpose of the VATICAN COUNCIL was was to reject the idea that Christ's Church rested SOLEY within the REV.

IT SAYS SO

http://vatican2voice.org/6unity/restore_unity...

You pray as you do..we pray as we do .

If we are Saved by belief in the same Lord Jesus who Said

IT IS FINISHED

WE believe John 3:16 to be fully true.

Why are we fighting

Why do many if you see us as second class hand wavers ...or however we have been portrayed here.
On another forum I have been told that we MUST CONVERT or we really are not Christian

That is NOT YOUR BLESSED POPES position

He seemed to want to forget who started the fight and get on with evangelizing the world as ONE FAITH.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 17, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't believe that at all. Religion is all based on fantasy, and if one group of truth-claimers just happened to hit the bulls eye of truth ... they wouldn't have a clue that it had happened, as fantasy shoots blanks from the darkness of human ignorance.
A truly biased statement. Not really related to the actuality I stated at all...
Maybe I should have said knowledgeable heretics...but then again, you hate the word "knowledgeable also....as you seem to believe that ignorance is bliss.
contentWarning

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 17, 2013

Discerning EVIL SPIRITS in TV Preachers

http://youtu.be/14h0k0PAz1Y

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 17, 2013

Judged:

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
You seem to know a lot of shit...
Let me ask you a very simple question....
When a bird poops, there is a white circle on the outside, and then a small black dot on the inside.
"WHAT" is the little black dot?

“Greatest Love”

Since: Aug 08

For His Creation

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 17, 2013

hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
You seem to be doing a "pretty good job" of boasting, and bragging about the Orthodox Church and its history, yourself--as you believe it!........ I'm secure enough in my faith about Jesus Christs One True Apostolic Catholic Church to "defend it" against many non-catholics on this forum who have an anti-catholic agenda, to preach heresy and spread false and distorted teachings in an attempt to undermine, TRUE CHURCH HISTORY and the TRUE Interpretation of the Bible..........unsuccessfully, I might add)!!
CLAY

WE ARE ALL THE CHURCH OF CHRIST.

Me too
The main purpose of the VATICAN COUNCIL was was to reject the idea that Christ's Church rested SOLEY within the REV.
IT SAYS SO
IT IS FINISHED
Why are we fighting
Why do many if you see us as second class hand wavers ...or however we have been portrayed here.
On another forum I have been told that we MUST CONVERT or we really are not Christian
He seemed to want to forget who started the fight and get on with evangelizing the world as ONE FAITH.
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 17, 2013

Judged:

Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>

The Bible is sufficient...
Hogwash!! Where in the Bible does it say that the Bible is sufficient! NOWHERE!! You "fundies" have "made this up" just like you do everything else and have decided this "on your own" that it is sufficient. Jesus Christs One True (Universal-Catholic) Church came first!! Then the Bible over 350 years after the death of Christ. I/we as Catholics ALL know and believe that the Bible is the inspired word of God but it is not the ONLY truth that God chose to transmit HIS divine Word. The Early Church Fathers/the Catholic Church translated the letters documents and manuscripts from the Apostles! It was the Catholic Church that "wrote the bible"! The Catholic Church also translated it! Confirmed by what Paul said in I Timothy 3:15 that THE CHURCH (not the bible alone) is the pillar, pinnacle and foundation of the TRUTH.
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 17, 2013

Are you victim of wicket satanic people?
What justice will say..they not exist.
Are you for sure they not cozy problems in the world?
They try ruin every person family and so on.

Did you know how many organization they have in place
town city?

Why they are not criminals?

Asked your corupt judges doctors teachers..how you call that..rule of darkness.

I just listening radio..klapanje=bla bla..they try defended themself how they are nice towards victims or person does metter which ones or family or anything else..they will describe as you wish as they drink cup of water..o yes on evil way where they serve.

Why law not exist for that evil organization?

Asked yourself..they say don't asked..they not there explain themself..buisness is buisness money is money..someone need be victim for them.
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 17, 2013

try put camera in every institution from school hospitals and so on on invisible way ..they are superpower org as great evil accusers..toward childrens oldest people and so on..evil is evil..they going created job for themself..yes on very nice way..follow my instructions then you will see nice corupt wicket diploma..

follow instruction trough every nursing home surgery teather every document of kids too ..id..see
teach yourself ..id..record of birth and death=wo can who cant..
id birth=bir d=th bird
bird catcher trap
read nicly how they control and why our birth and death certificat..what they want declare on evil deelis satanic way=crime

bla bla=radio tv=corupt org=find out then you will see evil is real=its rest in mind of very nice dploma as well powerfull people who try control..yep

find then speak bla bla ..id birth and death record
find out what they know why they want destroy many=crime
talk talk talk bla bla on your corupt stupid radio
1/3 totaly demage and destroy life
1/3 just past but will be destroy..
1/3 going for how long"?"
bla bla talk nice corupt radio tv

nice lips
byyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

judge meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
no any cemetary exist
marge

Ames, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 17, 2013

Judged:

RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Dust
Me too
IT SAYS SO
IT IS FINISHED
Why are we fighting
Did John Paul the saint pray to Mary and the others dead saints too?

I know many saint's and none of them pray to our dearly departed brother and sister saints.
marge

Ames, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 17, 2013

Judged:

hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Hogwash!! Where in the Bible does it say that the Bible is sufficient! NOWHERE!! You "fundies" have "made this up" just like you do everything else and have decided this "on your own" that it is sufficient. Jesus Christs One True (Universal-Catholic) Church came first!! Then the Bible over 350 years after the death of Christ. I/we as Catholics ALL know and believe that the Bible is the inspired word of God but it is not the ONLY truth that God chose to transmit HIS divine Word. The Early Church Fathers/the Catholic Church translated the letters documents and manuscripts from the Apostles! It was the Catholic Church that "wrote the bible"! The Catholic Church also translated it! Confirmed by what Paul said in I Timothy 3:15 that THE CHURCH (not the bible alone) is the pillar, pinnacle and foundation of the TRUTH.
Have you not heard the Bible is the Word?

Your listening to other men Hojo.
Dust Storm

Pipestone, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 17, 2013

<quoted text>Since I confronted you directly with your lie and gave the post number for all to see, I do not have to address any of the rest of your twisted post. I clearly showed your lack of knowledge of Church history in your comments re disagreeing with the Patriarchs. I do believe given these two factors that the Catholic Church is best for you.Its a perfect fit.
lol...There was no lie. You said several times before that you don't have to listen to listen to your Patriarchs as they are just men. I said maybe you can post your open letter to the Patriarchs. You did. Fantastic! God is the head of your church. Good for you as Catholics believe that he is the head of the church too and so do your Patriarchs. Ok, so if you believe they stray based on what you believe to be true and seperate then both of you will be claiming to be the church. The copts believe they have the truth. In our church we have schisms too. The Protestants believe they have the truth too. You didnt even bother to look at what your Patriarchs agreed to nor what the Catholic church agreed to.

Now the Monophyte, acasia, and all the groups that were labeled as heretics believed they had the truth and they didnt have to listen. Hey the Corinthians had a lot of problems too. Paul wrote to them. Pope Clement wrote to them to when they usurped their Bishop because they had truths. Montanists etc. So we could go back and forth and I can quote Fathers and show my case. For churches that did not even talk for hundreds of years I found it a good thing. So I did not lie when I said you don't have to listen to your Patriarchs if they dont agree with your truth. You made up your own truth in self delusion. That is not my problem.

"Because the statement of our Lord Jesus Christ, when He said,'Thou art Peter, and upon this Rock I will found my Church and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it, etc,' cannot be set aside; this, which is said, is ***proved by the results****; for in the Apostolic See (Rome) religion has always been preserved without spot ....In which (See) is set the perfect and true solidity of the Christian religion." ... "In the Apostolic See the Catholic religion has always been kept undefiled and her holy doctrine proclaimed. Desiring, therefore, not to be in the least degree separated from the faith and doctrine of that See, we hope that we may deserve to be in the one communion with you which the Apostolic See preaches, in which is the entire and true solidity of the Christian religion: promising also that the names of those who are cut off from the communion of the Catholic Church, that is, not consentient with the Apostolic See (Rome), shall not be recited during the Sacred Mysteries (i.e., the Liturgy). This is my profession, I have subscribed with my own hand, and delivered to you, Hormisdas, the holy and venerable Pope of the city of Rome."

(Formula Hormisdae Episc. Orient. Praescript Denzinger's Enchird. p. 42, ed. 1874) in Charles F.B. Allnatt, ed., Cathedra Petri --Titles and Prerogatives of St. Peter, London: Burns & Oates, 1879, 92 519 AD the healing of the Acasian schism

2500 Eastern Bishops signed it and it was reaffirmed and signed again by those who deposed Photius in 869 at constantinople council.

No I dont believe the Orthodox are the true Church. I do believe Christ founded one church. I do not believe its the Orthodox. I do not believe in an invisible church where everyone can teach or believe whatever truth they desire. I believe that is a sin to not try to settle differences. All one can do is tell what they believe. The Apostles argued for a while then shook their sandals.

Also Bishop Kallistos stated a position. If you read what he all has to say he goes through the various factions of Orthodoxy, but the Orothdox have changed. Im not here to condemn anyone to hell all thats coming from Certain Protestants. I said I want unity with truth. Yours is fixed.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 446,881 - 446,900 of529,688
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

623 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 min Proxy Queen 715,941
Looking for Female Yorkie to mate with my male ... (Mar '13) 7 min Miranda 56
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 14 min Charlie Sheen 255,590
4 word game (use same Letter) (Mar '13) 15 min andet1987 846
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 19 min Krackerjacks 114,546
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 19 min seethestar 3,863
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 20 min remnant 144000 598,705
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 31 min gort 223,053
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 49 min larisa 59