Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Comments (Page 22,343)

Showing posts 446,841 - 446,860 of532,258
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 17, 2013

Dr shrink wrote:
<quoted text>
you half head?
do you repeat same melodies to everyone?posting web links your man teachers
I never meet stupid ones like you
Are you stalking me?

Or you probably couldn't stand not being able to wield insults and childish accusation after we stopped conversing.

Listen shrink.....if you want to post to me, do it without the tude....it really only shows you are what I would say - "out of the gene pool with this one."

BTW - yes, I am posting about my beliefs. Do you have a problem with that?*hands you a quarter* Here call someone who cares.

If your hierarchy isn't going to tell you the truth about Jesus, then someone has to. I chose me. Self.

Yes - it is another path to salvation, even though the RCC thinks otherwise.

Isn't the Self, just amazing?

“OneLordOneFaithE ph4:5”

Since: Apr 08

Saint John Paul II Pray forUS.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 17, 2013

Good night, our dinner is here.

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 17, 2013

New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you reject these teachings by Jesus?
http://www.gnosis.org/naghamm/nhlalpha.html
http://www.gnosis.org/naghamm/gth_pat_rob.htm
Dr. Schweitzer endorsed the summation that “Jesus has been made the receptacle into which every theologian pours his own ideas.”

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 17, 2013

StarC wrote:
<quoted text>
YOU WROTE....
"No human being has ever cured,OR healed any one but God.." [end quote]
ALL CATHOLICS know that the healing comes from God alone!!!!!!
Jesus disciples that heal……
St Peter was a human being, yet he healed....[by the power of GOD]
John 4:48-53
Acts 3: 2-11 St Paul was a human being.
Paul heals a cripple Act 14:10
Paul casts out evil spirits and cures sick Act 1618, Acts 19: 11-12
TO NAME A FEW.
"Luke 10
1 After this the Lord appointed seventy others, and sent them on ahead of him, two by two,
into every town and place where he himself was about to come.
2 And he said to them, "The harvest is plentiful, but the laborers are few; pray
therefore the Lord of the harvest to send out laborers into his harvest.
3 Go your way; behold, I send you out as lambs in the midst of wolves.
4 Carry no purse, no bag, no sandals; and salute no one on the road.
5 Whatever house you enter, first say,`Peace be to this house!'
6 And if a son of peace is there, your peace shall rest upon him; but if not, it shall return to you.
7 And remain in the same house, eating and drinking what they provide, for the laborer deserves his wages; do not go from house to house.
8 Whenever you enter a town and they receive you, eat what is set before you;
9 HEAL THE SICK in it and say to them,`The kingdom of God has come near to you."
Psst - over hear Star....yeah it's me.....

We as humans, have a healing process as part of out genetics. Yeah, I know, it's a new thing out to even imagine, but believe me when I tell you this, it's been going on for many, many thousands of years.

No "God" is involved.....sorry to disappoint you.

But if you still think this, why doesn't "God" heal the premature born babies? Or even those injuries that end up with the limb being lost?

Please stop misleading people with false information, just because you never researched the truth.

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 17, 2013

Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
June:
I think what is most obvious to others, and myself is that you project your opinions as if they are absolute truth.
It gets tedious for some to repeat themselves. But you seem to thrive on repeating your opinions. Its interesting, but circular in reasoning....I suspect it has something to do telling a lie so many times, someone will believe.
I don't believe you. But you make me wonder if you are capable of distinguishing between truth and your opinion....
You are the one who claims to KNOW that a god exists and will take you off to heaven in a hereafter.

I am waiting to find out if truth even exists and I believe that if it does exist it doesn't exist because of what I believe, but rather it will show itself in its own due time.

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 17, 2013

Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
June:
I think what is most obvious to others, and myself is that you project your opinions as if they are absolute truth.
Do you believe that the Muslims preach truth, and if not ... why not???

They believe they preach truth, so you and your religion are nothing special ... except to you.
Dust Storm

Pipestone, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 17, 2013

Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>I have never boasted about the orthodox church.I made corrections about 1054 and also hojo ONE TRUE CHURCH repeats. Never once have I boasted as hojo does about the ORTHODOX CHURCH BEING THE TRUE FAITH THE ONLY WAY TO SALVATION ETC ETC.as hojo does over and over again.Your church is a water down version of the orthodox faith.And may I add this" Lair Lair Pants On Fire"!
I doubt you even have a clue what happened in 1054 let alone what the two churches signed and agreed upon what transpired. It is a date often used in General terms. Cereleus and Humbert were probably a bad choice to begin with to meet. Humbert didnt excommunicate the whole Orthodox church. The real schism was the 4th Crusade and the Orthodox should also take some responsibility for that and its utter nonsense the Pope arranged it. Pope John Pauls visit to Greece said all that needs to be said about how grudges are held for something that happened long ago.

As a matter of record the Orthodox consented to reunion at Florence. Regardless, I have seen the scholarship of Herme. lol If you wish to trash on our church and ignore others who do it and ignore the many vicious attacks made by Protestants daily and join with the protestants as you have fine. You are hypocrites that is not a name it is a fact. Your church was not attacked, but you attacked ours. Give it a break that apologists are not inundated with the incessant claim of the Orthodox that you have the one true church. Great! Good for you. If you dont believe that Great! However in stating that if the churches united you would stay seperate and maintain the true faith one can only assume that you believe its the one true church. Does that same analogy apply to any Protestants? If you want to argue with just catholics and ignore the venom spewing from Proestants then do so, but then admit that you are purely biased. Both churches confess one holy apostolic church. I believe you are in schism you believe othrwise. So be it. Yes even an inkling of reunion from some Orthodox will bring cries of protest and seperation and heretics.

If you wish to call me a liar for stating what was said by Herme that he doesnt have to listen to Patriarch, God is the head of his church and if they stray he doesnt have to follow them. Well whose to say you wouldnt be the one straying? The Copts, the aremenians, and splinter groups say the same. All the Protestant groups believe they have the truth. Whats the point of having a church if everyone can have their individual truths? I stated I want reunion with truth from the beginning. That was my crime. I did not denegrate the Orthodox I pointed to what your Patriarchs were saying and what was agreed upon. This sent Herme into a tirade who did not look or bother to read. Just as was provided with the divisions of Orthodox from Orthodox who acknowledge your big division and authority issues. You cant hold an ecumenical council because you are not unified. You have Bartholemew and former Alexis of Russia accusing each of the Ceasar popism. Everbody is so busy being equal you cant decide anything even whose in charge. I vote for Herme. lol God is the head of the church but the church has never been a free for all and it was never a poll taken by the individual groups and if you dont agree then your not Orthodox. What was agreed upon at the talks and why was interesting to me. You never had any interest in even knowing. You have nothing left to learn. You know it all. I agree. God Bless those who seek unity in truth with prayer, contemplation and clearing up misconceptions, laguage barriers and sharing documents nver shared. God Bless those who humbled themseleves and agreed to talk, share and seek. The church has her dissedents. However the Orthodox internal issues is no secret. Roca is already divided. Hilarion left the Ravenna conference over interal Orthodox disputes not over what was being discussed.

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 17, 2013

Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
June:
It seems no matter how many times I deny your statement, you assume I am either lying
That's because you ARE lying.

You believe Catholicism owns the truth ... period ... and that you will be saved ... period ... and that hell is for others ... period!

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 17, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
A woman of the Christian faith was a few minutes ago complaining that she hopes "god" won't send her back to this earth because she can't stand the thought of watching more cats and dogs and other animals suffer.
When I suggested that if an all powerful god exists and continues to allow the suffering, the all powerful god is cruel, she started immediately defending the behavior of the supposed god. I suggested that neither she nor I would allow suffering if we were all powerful ... and she started making excuses by stating that we don't know god's "plan."
When I made it clear AGAIN that I don't believe in the existence of a creator she turned on the sympathy for my state of being as though she felt sorry for me for not believing in her "god."
With that I suggested that she should be offended that anyone would worship such an image of a god.
We will see if she still considers me to be a friend as she did before the conversation.
I hold no ill-feelings toward her, but I won't take her self-righteous attitude that if I don't believe the way she believes, it is a pity.
YUCK!
"God's plan"

LOL

I wonder why "God's plan" allowed Trayvon to be killed? To start a racism war?

I wonder why "God's plan" caused the little 10 year old girl to freeze to death on Christmas? To show the world that little girls freeze to death? Maybe it was to put a burden of sorrow upon her mother? Maybe it was to put her "evil" father in prison to teach him a lesson?

"God's plan" this....."God's plan" that.....and yet many can't be honest enough to admit that they have no idea what "God's plan" is, yet when your back is turned, "God can do this" and "God could do that"......yet still no results.

It appears that being honest with others is not a characteristic of a so-called "Christian".

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 17, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Dr. Schweitzer endorsed the summation that “Jesus has been made the receptacle into which every theologian pours his own ideas.”
I can understand that as it directly relates to a perception that one's Self emits.

Self.

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 17, 2013

If a creator exists and puts up with all this squabbling from human leeches about who is holy and who evil, the creator is a nut-case just like those who fight for total control of his attention.

There is no hope for humans to go beyond ignorance.

The ignorance is what is TOO bad.

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 17, 2013

Dr shrink wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus wisdom made from all of them included atheists complete dumb idiots, and paranoidal greed their own glories and halucinations that they are spokesman from god on this earth past 2000 years
Praise be to Allah for divine wisdom that he gives ONLY to the Muslims.

:)

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 17, 2013

<quoted text>
I can understand that as it directly relates to a perception that one's Self emits.
Self.
The fact is, you don't know if Jesus was a character in a Catholic "play" or if he was real ... yet you are certain that your "self" knows what he did and said.

How self-gratifying for your ego.

"Self."
Clay

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 17, 2013

Judged:

Tiger Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
Where does Christ say there has to be a pope at the top of the Roman Catholic Church?
Where does Christ say we have to pray to dead people? He condemns it.
You reject anything to do with the Jew but embrace such things as icons and statues which were in the Temples of the Jews.
I have never heard of any church other than the Roman Catholic Church pay any attention to Origen or Ignatius or any of those apostates regardless of who taught them.
Our doctrine on the Sabbath is clear in the Bible and does not require any endorsement from any other source.
It’s just that you have Sunday as your pillar of truth when it can be proven that Jesus is Lord of the Sabbath.
You say we have Sunday as our "pillar of truth"?

I'm not sure what you're saying about that. The Apostle Paul says the Church is the pillar of truth, not a certain day of the week.

Sunday is the day the Lord rose. If Christ is God, then He is allowed to install Sunday..
Look, just observe Saturday if you want. It doesn't affect me in the least. The Catholic, Orthodox and 95% of Protestantland will continue with our Sunday worship like the Apostles taught.

And to answer your first question, Christ doesn't say there has to be a Pope at the top of the Roman Catholic Church. The Apostles had one leader when Christ departed. Peter.
It stands to reason that the next generation of Christians also had one.
35 or so leaders later, this Church installed a Bible to be read at the Holy Mass.
1500 yr later, you guys removed that Bible from the Church and mass and began to design your own Christianity.
40 Apocalyptic false alarms later, you guys are still ticking.
Please leave that reckless cult. Divert your zeal for Christ where it can be productive.

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 17, 2013

<quoted text>
"God's plan"
LOL
I wonder why "God's plan" allowed Trayvon to be killed? To start a racism war?
I wonder why "God's plan" caused the little 10 year old girl to freeze to death on Christmas? To show the world that little girls freeze to death? Maybe it was to put a burden of sorrow upon her mother? Maybe it was to put her "evil" father in prison to teach him a lesson?
"God's plan" this....."God's plan" that.....and yet many can't be honest enough to admit that they have no idea what "God's plan" is, yet when your back is turned, "God can do this" and "God could do that"......yet still no results.
It appears that being honest with others is not a characteristic of a so-called "Christian".
Honestly is not characteristic in most religion. The first thing people would have to admit is that they don't know if awareness survives after the death of physical bodies ... and people in religion don't want to admit that they don't know. Most all people in religion assert the idea that they DO know ... period ... end of subject.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 17, 2013

Tony17 wrote:
Are any of you familiar with the four hidden dynasties of Satan and what they are?
\
No, but I am sire you are just "dying" to tell us all about the "new" revelations.

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 17, 2013

The fact that non-human animals that can't betray a god suffer horrible pain every day, ongoing, indicates that if there is an all-knowing, all-powerful creator ... that creator is TOTALLY responsible for the suffering.

There can be NO other REASON for the suffering of non-human animals, and that means the creator is definitely a sadist.

Religion is BUNK!

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 17, 2013

Dr shrink wrote:
<quoted text>
bad for you,if moslems will know your blasphemies they cut out your clitoris and head and throw to the dogs or pigs full of mire and stinking dog viomits
Your jealous that the Muslims get all the good stuff and you will have to burn in their hell.

I'm tired of only Christian sermons from Catholics and Protestants.

Praise be to Allah for divine wisdom that he gives ONLY to the Muslims.

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 17, 2013

Dr shrink wrote:
<quoted text>
sure ,
creator doesn't exist for you,you are simple mud,pile of dust, blow small wind and dust doesn't exist anyway
OH now ... don't be belittling mud and dust. Without your god creating Adam and Eve out of those "products," you would not be able to preach about how evil they were when they had sex with the organs that god created.

It brings a tear to my eye.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 17, 2013

Judged:

Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
I am not trying to smear the catholic church.
Your church was smeared hundreds of years before I was born.Get use to it.
Oh...Did you tell those Catholics in real life that? Did you insist to them they are an abortion to the truth? Is this an admission that you are a liar? Its obvious to anyone with an ounce of integrity.
The attacks came from you, you just got a response and your hypcocrisy was responded to.
Ah...You must mean like if you want to know the dark side of Catholicism listen to Dust Storm if you want to be a Christian pass. lol Meanwhile true Christians post inflammatory posts mocking the church and all kinds of rubbish and you calling it an abortion and all the evil Catholics will burn in hell of course as there is nothing inflammatory about that. So anything that is posted whether remotely true, implied or a lie is perfect as long as it slanders Catholics and the church. Good stuff you two have there. I dont think those are Orthodox truths just yours. Im sure you can post your truths on an Orthdox forum to Patriarchs and get no argument. lol
Yeah you are a real piece of art. Anyone with an ounce of integrity knows that you are not honest, objective or truthful. However I am sure you will continue to make your half baked, blind observations and quips about what you think you know. Herme and Sere truths. Good stuff! Nothing ever poisonous from you. Abortion to the truth indeed.
You see I dont recall any Catholic claiming they dont care what is posted about the church. You both made the claim you dont care what people on anonymous forum say. You clearly do nor do you care if the massive slander posted often you actually add your own and then lie and say you didnt. How sad. You attack the church expect a response and dont play poor me its really pathetic.
You would have no problem with me if you would stop your slander and attacks, but you insist that you do not lie, but you clearly do. Sorry.
You hate filled idiot!
This poster is not even a cathaholic.
Get your facts straight before you start spewing your rhetoric...or maybe at least try ta tie yer shoes first!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 446,841 - 446,860 of532,258
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

373 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 13 min Hidingfromyou 719,860
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 13 min AussieBobby 256,339
Tamil vs Kannada. Which one is the oldest langu... (Oct '12) 17 min Ganesh 486
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 21 min PetesFreedomTrain 114,936
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 23 min Hidingfromyou 93,652
Is homosexuality an ABOMINATION?? 36 min andet1987 7
IndiaHomes Review: Gurgaon, the city with Ever ... 37 min Himani Manocha 9
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 3 hr UidiotRaceMakeWorldPeace1 172,192
•••