Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 678927 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#463303 Jul 18, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
Anthony MN wrote:
The authority of the Church is not a trivial issue, to Catholics anyaway.
<quoted text>
Just to keep you honest Anthony, you still haven't answered this request either.
Is there a problem?
No problem. Here's a good place to start;

http://www.beginningcatholic.com/church-autho...

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#463304 Jul 18, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
You know,EHAT that is a,great question for your homosexual friends.
If someone wanted to abort because they knew the baby would be homosexual..wouldn't that be ok with them
They ARE looking for a gay gene..
And if course we would try to save any child in the womb if we could .
I can play your silly game along with you.

Scientists could check the fetuses that your supposed god aborted for gay genes.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#463305 Jul 18, 2013
LTM wrote:
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree that fetuses feel pain. But if a god cared about pain, there would be no pain anywhere anytime whatsoever.
The fact is, you get all up in a knot about pain, and your supposed god does nothing.
It seems the rolls are reversed. If a god did something, you wouldn't have to preach and fuss about pain, because it wouldn't exist.
Religion is BUNK!
----------
There you go again blaming God for something, that humans do deliberately nice cop-out June.
God gave us free choice to do good or evil.
There are so many forums of birth control, that abortion shouldn't even be an issue now.
It's because people are careless with how they treat and use their bodies, they use an abortion as a means of birth control knowing well that it cause pain to an innocent unborn child.
Selfish self centered people.
Woe onto those who spill the blood of the innocent, can't get much more innocent then a unborn child.
Evil is as evil does.
Birth control has led us to the evil of abortion. Yes, evil begets evil.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#463306 Jul 18, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't BE so stupid! Women don't have abortions with the intentions of causing pain to their fetuses.
Their reasons for aborting are varied and in concern with what they believe are difficult decisions that must be made by them.
You picture your self as sin-free fodder for heaven. I perceive you are simply arrogant and need some real-life lessons to wake you from your self-perceived HOLY slumber.
They want to kill them..at any time ..

We want legislation to stop it at 20 weeks..at least.

So I am sorry if you want to kill a late term baby ..one just like the born baby's in these,pics..who are most definitely aware of their surroundings and PAIN
http://www.google.com/search...

Than it IS deliberate infliction of pain if you kill it ..usually in a violent manner at that stage..emptying the womb contents ..such a,phony way to put it .

By the mother and her doc.

An early delivery to save moms life while attempting to save both ..IS A WHOLE DIFFERENT THING

HOWEVER the PC folks want to call that abortion as well..to muddy the waters.

And PP cannot even bring itself to allow legislation to try to save babies a already BORN from botched abortions

Just nuts ...And painful

I cannot believe a woman who has felt het child Quicken. Felt his little kicks could purposely do such a thing .

But they sure fight for the right to do it ..disgusting

Prince George, Canada

#463307 Jul 18, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
Tit for Tat what are you 2, The Muslims god; is not the God we Christians worship .
They do not believe in Jesus as God the Son.
You both claim there is only one god, so you have to praying to the same god. YOU KNOW ... the one whose affections you both stole from the Jews.

Sarcasm intended
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>

June VanDerMark wrote:

<quoted text>
Christians killed Muslims ... Muslims killed Christians. Both sides believe they are the holy ones ... while praying to the same one and only god.

Tit for tat! Stupid people.

Prince George, Canada

#463308 Jul 18, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
If women all used birth control and birth control never failed, there would be no abortions.

That word evil, so handy to those in religion who point outward is simply your excuse for bullying other people.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#463309 Jul 18, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
But your scriptural theology claims that your god wants homosexuals stoned to death. Why would you want to save a homosexual fetus to later be tormented by Christians on earth, who also believe that a god will send that homosexual to hell for eternity in a hereafter.
How cruel can you be???
Your religion is VILE!
We do not stone any one..Muslims may do it but we do not. According to Iran's leader they don't have any gay people..most likely killed them

We do not want any child ABORTED...And an abortion fir selection of any trait OR SEX is REPULSIVE ..Bringing on NAZI images.

Eugenics is out of the puts of Helll

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#463310 Jul 18, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
It's a toss-up. Observe Christians in front of abortion clinics. Nasty people indeed with no sensitivity about the feelings of the women.
Observe the vicious Fred Phelps who believes he is a god's right-hand man ... picketing at funerals of soldiers that fought for his freedom.
FRED Phelps ..well I did mention rabid.

He is not part of any CHRISTIAN faith ..none of the Baptists want him that's sure..they condemn him ..

But that group out if Wisconsin..sticking its nose in the business of towns all over the country is horrid.

A Rabid religion ..And now it had churches..!!! Atheistic religion

Prince George, Canada

#463311 Jul 18, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
They want to kill them..at any time ..
We want legislation to stop it at 20 weeks..at least.
The pope wants to end abortion ... period ... so even Christians don't agree on what the supposed same god expects of human behavior.

You people and your preaching of how to be holy are full of nonsense.

Prince George, Canada

#463312 Jul 18, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
FRED Phelps ..well I did mention rabid.
He is not part of any CHRISTIAN faith
According to Fred, he is closer to your god than are all others, and he's sure to be rewarded by "god."

You people have quite the competition going among your selves over who is really a Christian and who is a misfit.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#463313 Jul 18, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
If women all used birth control and birth control never failed, there would be no abortions.
That word evil, so handy to those in religion who point outward is simply your excuse for bullying other people.
And the human race would become extinct.

Prince George, Canada

#463314 Jul 18, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
We do not stone any one
If you don't kill homosexuals, you aren't following your bible.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>

If a man lies with a male as he lies with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination. They shall surely be put to death. Their blood shall be upon them.(NKJ, Leviticus 20:13)

Religion is BUNK!

Prince George, Canada

#463315 Jul 18, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
We do not stone any one..Muslims may do it but we do not.
Christians killed homosexuals for centuries until the laws changed and wouldn't allow them their sadistic pleasures anymore.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >

About.com Civil Liberies.

In 1779, Thomas Jefferson proposed a law that would mandate castration for gay men and mutilation of nose cartilage for gay women. But that's not the scary part. Here's the scary part: Jefferson was considered a liberal. At the time, the most common penalty on the books was death.

http://civilliberty.about.com/od/gendersexual ...

Prince George, Canada

#463316 Jul 18, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
And the human race would become extinct.
Good!

Then you can't use your religion to irritate others ever again.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#463317 Jul 18, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Good!
Then you can't use your religion to irritate others ever again.
Ahhh, those pesky humans, the world would be a much better place if they were eliminated.

June, you need some serious lovin'.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#463318 Jul 18, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
I didn't need a support-group when I left religion, as it was a slow process for me to finally come to the conclusion that religion had nothing more that I considered to be of value.
I didn't believe any of the words in any supposed holy books were inspired by a god. I believed it was all a con-job by mortal men who took the lofty title for their selves as theologian and then went to war with each other over who owned the one and only "truth."
....since you are an frequently attending participant here, one could consider this forum as your support-group.

:o)

Albuquerque, NM

#463319 Jul 18, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
You asked me if he is infallible. I said yes, he is incapable of teaching error, which is how "infallible" is defined in the CCC.
"Papal infallibility means that the pope is protected from error when he "proclaims by a definitive act a doctrine pertaining to faith or morals" (CCC 891). This does not mean that he is impeccable (incapable of sin) or inerrant (incapable of error)."
If you decide to create a different definition of infallible, just be honest and put it out there.
No I asked you if you believe the Pope to be infallible, not his teachings.

DOH!!

Just to continue avoiding it Anthony, you are just like every other Catholic I've ever spoken with - you'll put the spin on it, the way you choose, all the while avoiding the question with honesty.

I can understsnd your need to be in an organization that lies to its followers, you like it.

Do you believe the Pope is infallible?

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#463320 Jul 18, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry but NOT is birth control ..as well as condoms .

In this day and age for me the worse sin is abortion .

I'm with LTM on this .

Yes extramarital sex is wrong but it happens..

And even married people get abortions .

Just my opinion

Albuquerque, NM

#463321 Jul 18, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
The authority of the Church is not a trivial issue, to Catholics anyaway.

New Age wrote:
Just to keep you honest Anthony, you still haven't answered this request either.
Is there a problem?
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
No problem. Here's a good place to start;
http://www.beginningcatholic.com/church-autho...
Why are Catholics so afraid to answer strraight forward questions that affect their belief, as you have done?

Please define the "authority of the Church" - who is this authority?

We already know that you don't belong to the "Church" because you don't believe in Jesus, but you will promote this so-called "Church", yet can't explain its authoritative construct.

Maybe you should learn more about the religion you tout, because you seem to be lacking understanding even in these simple questions.

You are a wonderful example of why people leave your religious beleif - you love to cause confusion within others, so they find it quite hard to believe you.

You aren't very credible.

Prince George, Canada

#463322 Jul 18, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
....since you are an frequently attending participant here, one could consider this forum as your support-group.
:o)
Well I don't seem to be getting much support for my opinions.

Maybe it goes deeper than that huh??? Maybe others believe I am supposed to be traveling in spiritual realms with them.

The problem is, those that believe they travel in spiritual realms don't even seem to believe they travel in the same spiritual realms with each other.

Those in Abrahamic religions preach that there is one god. How can that, be unless the Jews, Catholic, Muslims and Protestants divvy up the god into "portions."

Ridiculous!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 1 hr Trump your President 2,486
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 2 hr ROCCO 118,964
Canned pet food contains parasites 2 hr Purina Is Evil 1
Poll White Men, Would You Have A BABY by a Black Woman (Apr '10) 3 hr _KENTUCKY 545
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 hr _KENTUCKY 982,135
______ *ANTICHRIST in plain view / (*News) ______ 3 hr _KENTUCKY 2
What Your Church Won't Tell You by Dave and Gar... (Apr '10) 3 hr _KENTUCKY 33,216
More from around the web