Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 603253 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Chuck

Dublin, OH

#462984 Jul 17, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Bottom line is, you believe those who have abortions are murderers ... period.
I don't believe that there IS a god in existence to punish OR forgive.
And I don't believe that women who have abortions are murderers of anything but cells that would if allowed to grow into babies would be human beings.
I suggest you think about all those fetuses becoming Muslims rather than Christians and that will give you a fresh input into the value of the fetus.
Silly Christian.
I would suggest you come to the saving faith in Jesus Christ. Given you age, who knows how long you got.

Silly atheist

Google - Doctor telling Congress about abortion and then tell me if it justs cells.

I feel sorry for you Grams.
Human Being

Eunice, LA

#462985 Jul 17, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
When Robert F was an Atheist he didn't believe that souls would go to hell for eternity for not believing in one religion or another, because he didn't believe in the existence of any hells, Christian, Muslim, or Buddhism, et cetera.
Now he is back under the spell of Catholicism, and the fact that he believes in the existence of his own specialized Christian hell, means he now AGAIN believes that people of all other religions WILL spend eternity in Christian hell for not being Catholic.
Isn't that RIGHT Robert F???
And he is PROUD of sliding back into his Catholic religion.
June:

You are oversimplifying, disconnecting, and misrepresenting my beliefs.

Somehow you believe your beliefs can change, reflecting your understanding, but that others are not allowed the same....Why?
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#462986 Jul 17, 2013
Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
OK I got one Catholic here that lied about what I said and I posted the Truth v the lie. The other Catholic poster posts the first lying one and says he found a Patriarch that says something different than him. This is after taking time to answer maybe 6 "questions" about the same issue.
So is this the Catholic Church??? Lying? So Prideful they have to be right? Discarding facts to look for info that agrees with them?
Well this is what I see here.
No pride on my part Nick. I think you and Sera have many times suggested you're not offended by criticism of your Church, in fact Sera has told me to bring it on, but the minute I do you start questioning my sincerity and accuse me of being prideful. I don't think you're being reasonable.
Human Being

Eunice, LA

#462987 Jul 17, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
All preachers of all religions believe a creator chose them to preach truth, and they tell each other in no uncertain terms who is going to hell and who the creator is going to save.
And they don't perceive that in so-doing they suffer from vain-glories.
Religion is a shameful practice ... or at least it should be a shameful practice.
June:

You should say, "Some preachers in some religions..., some suffer from vainglory...."

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#462988 Jul 17, 2013
Are WE one body? Answer:

Murmurers, complainers, disputers, haters, prideful Christ tempters...

Repent lest you be 'destroyed in the wilderness'.

We are not yet in the Promised Land, and might have to spend forty years wandering around in THIS wilderness of sin.

KayMarie

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#462989 Jul 17, 2013
OK I got one Catholic here that lied about what I said and I posted the Truth v the lie. The other Catholic poster posts the first lying one and says he found a Patriarch that says something different than him. This is after taking time to answer maybe 6 "questions" about the same issue.
So is this the Catholic Church??? Lying? So Prideful they have to be right? Discarding facts to look for info that agrees with them?
Well this is what I see here.
Herme - its been going on like this for centuries/millenia.

Let's see if they understand the many "deadly sins" they continue to render themselves too:

a. Greed - money seems to be a major catalyst to cover up their crimes
b. Pride - always thinking they are "the true church"
c. Wrath - one may feel this if one has denigrated the organization.
d. Lust - we all know that this has been part of the organizational priests
e. Envy - yep - the RCC can't stand when others have proven them wrong in many ways.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#462990 Jul 17, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Church
Catechism (CCC)-“all who die in God’s grace and friendship, but still imperfectly purified; (they) are indeed assured of their eternal salvation; but after death they undergo purification so as to achieve the holiness necessary to enter the joy of Heaven”(# 1030).
**ROTFLOL...DO WHAT!!??
1 Cor. 3:10-15 - works are judged after death and tested by fire. Some works are lost, but the person is still saved. Paul is referring to the state of purgation called purgatory. The venial sins (bad works) that were committed are burned up after death, but the person is still brought to salvation. This state after death cannot be heaven (no one with venial sins is present) or hell (there is no forgiveness and salvation).

1 Cor. 3:15 –“if any man’s work is burned up, he will suffer loss, though he himself will be saved, but only as through fire.” The phrase for "suffer loss" in the Greek is "zemiothesetai." The root word is "zemioo" which also refers to punishment. The construction “zemiothesetai” is used in Ex. 21:22 and Prov. 19:19 which refers to punishment (from the Hebrew “anash” meaning “punish” or “penalty”). Hence, this verse proves that there is an expiation of temporal punishment after our death, but the person is still saved. This cannot mean heaven (there is no punishment in heaven) and this cannot mean hell (the possibility of expiation no longer exists and the person is not saved).

1 Cor. 3:15 – further, Paul writes “he himself will be saved, "but only" (or “yet so”) as through fire.”“He will be saved” in the Greek is “sothesetai”(which means eternal salvation). The phrase "but only" (or “yet so”) in the Greek is "houtos" which means "in the same manner." This means that man is both eternally rewarded and eternally saved in the same manner by fire.

1 Cor. 3:13 - when Paul writes about God revealing the quality of each man's work by fire and purifying him, this purification relates to his sins (not just his good works). Protestants, in attempting to disprove the reality of purgatory, argue that Paul was only writing about rewarding good works, and not punishing sins (because punishing and purifying a man from sins would be admitting that there is a purgatory).

1 Cor. 3:17 - but this verse proves that the purgation after death deals with punishing sin. That is, destroying God's temple is a bad work, which is a mortal sin, which leads to death. 1 Cor. 3:14,15,17 - purgatory thus reveals the state of righteousness (v.14), state of venial sin (v.15) and the state of mortal sin (v.17), all of which are judged after death.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#462991 Jul 17, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
The Pope is not infallible.
This would have flagged the article as incorrect and inaccurate.
But you continued to post it.
Hmmmm....why do you think the Pope is infallible?
<quoted text>
Ah yes, the ol' tactic of repeating what the poster said, not supplying a response, but instead diverting and asking another question that has no relevance to the discussion.
I'll state my post to you again, and ask my question again.
The Pope is not infallible.
This would have flagged the article as incorrect and inaccurate.
But you continued to post it.
Hmmmm....why do you think the Pope is infallible?
Honesty Anthony, that is all I am looking for, and you couldn't even apply it to such a simple question.
*sighs*
<quoted text>
....and no where in this post did you claim that the Pope is infallible.
You sure liked to skate around the topic and admit is he or isn't, but never actually saying it.
Do you think the Pope is infallible?
C'mon Anthony, I'm quite honest and direct with you, you can be the same with me.
It is still your turn.
Infallible means incapable of teaching error. Yes, he's incapable of teaching error.

Your turn. Is your statement that the pope is not infallible an infallible statement?
Clay

Saint Paul, MN

#462992 Jul 17, 2013
Chuck wrote:
Purgatory proclaimed a dogma by Council of Florence "If they have died repentant for their sins and having love of God, but have not made satisfaction for things they have done or omitted by fruits worthy of penance, then their souls, after death, are cleansed by the punishment of Purgatory; also ... the suffrages of the faithful still living are efficacious in bringing them relief from such punishment, namely the Sacrifice of the Mass, prayers and almsgiving and other works of piety which, in accordance with the designation of the Church, are customarily offered by the faithful for each other." Council of Florence (1438-1443)
*Notice: faithful still living are efficacious in bringing them relief from such punishment.
-so sinners here can pray for relief of punishment but the sacrifice of Jesus Christ cannot keep a person out of purgatory.
-if this isn't a doctrine from Satan himself, I'll buy you a watch.
"It is there fore a Holy and wholesome thought to pray for the dead, that they may be loosed from their sins"
Maccabees 12:46

"Every mans work shall be manifest, for the day of the Lord shall declare it, because it shall be revealed in fire (purgatory); and the fire shall test what sort of work each man has done. If the work which any man has built on the foundation survives, he will receive a reward. If any mans word is burned up, he will suffer loss, though he himself will be saved, but only through fire"
1Cor 3:13-15

"Nothing unclean shall enter (Heaven)"
Revelation 21:27

"If a man departs this Earth with lighter faults, he is condemned to fire which burns away the lighter faults, and prepares the soul for the Kingdom of God, where nothing unclean shall enter"

Early Church Father, Origen 220 AD

Since: Sep 09

Fraser Lake, Canada

#462993 Jul 17, 2013
When a women dies in an abortion clinic in America, the religious right ballyhoos day after week after month after year about the issue. But not once do they tell the truth that having abortion clinics available saved the lives of countless women. NOT ONCE!!! The reason IS, they work for an invisible imaginary god and they don't give a rat's ass about what would happen to women if abortion clinics were closed.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>

From the book “Chronology of Women’s History,” by Kirstin Olsen, comes the following.

In India, a woman dies about every ten minutes from a botched abortion. Abortion is legal in India in many cases, but many women in rural areas have no access to clinics.

Fraser Lake, Canada

#462994 Jul 17, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
June:
You are oversimplifying, disconnecting, and misrepresenting my beliefs.
Somehow you believe your beliefs can change, reflecting your understanding, but that others are not allowed the same....Why?
AWWW knock it off Robert. You love your religion because you believe heaven is designed for you and hell is designed for others.

If you didn't ... you would still BE an Atheist. And that is the truth.

Albuquerque, NM

#462995 Jul 17, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
It's NOT a perception. If a god exists, the god does not give a rat's ass about who suffers from poverty.
Look around at the reality. And if you choose to worship a goddess that you believe loves everybody, I suggest you take her to task and ask her why she doesn't get off her invisible ass and do something to feed those starving babies.
Religion is BUNK!
"If a god exists"
- reflects undetermined or not proven

'the god does not give a rat's ass about who suffers from poverty"
- reflects the person making the statement 'knows" what a god can or cannot do.

I don't believe you have any knowledge of what a god can or cannot do, so with you expressing it in such a manner - by using the word IF, only shows how you are unsure as well.

I'd been more content if you just lead off with "IMO", before responding to me inthe future.

This puts the discussion in a speculative manner and eliminates any conjecture you may want to dispose of, even though you really don't have proof of any related statements you amy make.

Sounds good?

Fraser Lake, Canada

#462996 Jul 17, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
June:
You should say, "Some preachers in some religions..., some suffer from vainglory...."
You suffer from the vainglory that you deserve heaven and others deserve hell.

That is supreme vanity and nothing BUT!

If the issue was reversed you would not be a Catholic or of any other religion ... and you know it.

Nobody on earth says "I am proud to belong to this religion because I believe 'I' will go to hell.

NOT on your life!!!

So I suggest you stop lying to me. I see through you.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#462997 Jul 17, 2013
who="June VanDerMark" When a women dies in an abortion clinic in America, the religious right ballyhoos day after week after month after year about the issue. But not once do they tell the truth that having abortion clinics available saved the lives of countless women. NOT ONCE!!! The reason IS, they work for an invisible imaginary god and they don't give a rat's ass about what would happen to women if abortion clinics were closed.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>
From the book “Chronology of Women’s History,” by Kirstin Olsen, comes the following.
In India, a woman dies about every ten minutes from a botched abortion. Abortion is legal in India in many cases, but many women in rural areas have no access to clinics.

Clinic or no clinic, there is at least ONE death in EVERY abortion.

KayMarie

Albuquerque, NM

#462998 Jul 17, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
It's NOT a perception. If a god exists, the god does not give a rat's ass about who suffers from poverty.
Look around at the reality. And if you choose to worship a goddess that you believe loves everybody, I suggest you take her to task and ask her why she doesn't get off her invisible ass and do something to feed those starving babies.
Religion is BUNK!
BTW - I've expressed my concern to "God" - about "His" lack of involvement with suffering, the poor, the homeless, the starving, the children who have frozen to death on Christmas day trying to get to their home, etc.

You are right, "God" has no control over this world.

I've only express my OPINION of a spiritual "God" - which may or may not reside in a supposed spiritual realm.

Since I have not died, I really can only specualte about what I believe. All answers to these supposed truths will be revealed when I die. I can live with that.

Capice?

;o)

Fraser Lake, Canada

#462999 Jul 17, 2013
<quoted text>
"If a god exists"
- reflects undetermined or not proven
'the god does not give a rat's ass about who suffers from poverty"
- reflects the person making the statement 'knows" what a god can or cannot do.
I don't believe you have any knowledge of what a god can or cannot do, so with you expressing it in such a manner - by using the word IF, only shows how you are unsure as well.
I'd been more content if you just lead off with "IMO", before responding to me inthe future.
This puts the discussion in a speculative manner and eliminates any conjecture you may want to dispose of, even though you really don't have proof of any related statements you amy make.
Sounds good?
I don't believe your goddess exists any more than I believe gods exist. I suggest that is what irritate you and your new age spiritual self.

Clay

Saint Paul, MN

#463000 Jul 17, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Church
Catechism (CCC)-“all who die in God’s grace and friendship, but still imperfectly purified; (they) are indeed assured of their eternal salvation; but after death they undergo purification so as to achieve the holiness necessary to enter the joy of Heaven”(# 1030).
**ROTFLOL...DO WHAT!!??
"Make friends quickly with your accuser, while you are going with him to court, lest your accuser hand you over to the judge, and the judge to the guard, and you be out in prison. Truly I say to you, YOU WILL NEVER GET OUT TIL YOU PAID THE LAST PENNY"

"And in anger his lord delivered him to the jailers, TIL HE SHALL PAY ALL HIS DEBT, SO WILL MY HEAVENLY FATHER DO TO YOU, unless each of you forgives his brother from the heart."
Jesus Christ

Tell me, Chuck, how can we pay debt to the Lord if we are in Hell?
There is no way out of Hell.
How and why would we pay debt to the Lord if we're in Heaven??

If you are interested in more truth check out catholicbible101.com/purgatory.html

Fraser Lake, Canada

#463001 Jul 17, 2013
If the god or goddess doesn't care now ... I suggest that if they exist ... they won't care in any supposed hereafter.

They would be just as stupid and uncaring as now is the case on earth.

It's common sense that when little babies are screaming for food ... if an all-powerful deity doesn't do anything ... then it either doesn't exist, or it is a heartless with no conscience whatsoever.

I prefer to believe that no creator exists than to believe that a creator is a sadist.

Albuquerque, NM

#463002 Jul 17, 2013
<quoted text>As my Greek Yaya used to say " Manna Manna Manna Manna!!!!"
That immediately reminded me of the Muppets!!

http://www.bing.com/videos/search...
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#463003 Jul 17, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
who="Anthony MN"
The Word of God (Jesus) said the bread is His body, the wine His blood and that we must eat it to have eternal life. The written Word says the same thing. Neither Jesus nor the bible say it is just a symbol.
Now who's really ignoring the bible?
1Co 10:4 And did ALL drink the same spiritual drink: for they drank of that SPIRITUAL ROCK that followed them: and THAT ROCK WAS CHRIST.
(Did they drink blood?)
1Co 10:5 But with many of them God was not well pleased: for they were overthrown in the wilderness.
(Though they drank of Christ they remained followers of evil and were overthrown in the wilderness.)
1Co 10:6 Now these things were our examples, to the intent we should not lust after evil things, as they also lusted.
1Co 10:7 Neither be ye idolaters, as were some of them; as it is written, The people sat down to eat and drink, and rose up to play.
1Co 10:8 Neither let us commit fornication, as some of them committed, and fell in one day three and twenty thousand.
1Co 10:9 Neither let us tempt Christ, as some of them also tempted, and were destroyed of serpents.
1Co 10:10 Neither murmur ye, as some of them also murmured, and were destroyed of the destroyer.
1Co 10:11 Now all these things happened unto them for examples: and they are written for our admonition, upon whom the ends of the world are come.
1Co 10:12 Wherefore let him that thinks he stands take heed lest he fall.
1Co 10:13 There has no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that you may be able to bear it.
1Co 10:14 Wherefore, my dearly beloved, FLEE FROM IDOLATRY (murmuring, tempting Christ, fornication).
1Co 10:15 I speak as to wise men; judge ye what I say.
1Co 10:16 The cup of blessing which we bless, is it not the COMMUNION of the blood of Christ? The bread which we break, is it not the COMMUNION of the body of Christ?
(Communion...Greek...partnersh ip, fellowship, association. The 'communion of the blood and body of Christ is to become 'associated' with Him; no longer murmurers, Christ tempters or fornicators. If your 'communion' or Eucharist has not made you 'associated with Him in holiness, you are yet as the 'sinners' in the wilderness who drank of that Rock, Christ Jesus, but remained in their sins.)(This forum reveals a lot, doesn't it?)
1Co 10:17 For WE being many ARE ONE BREAD AND ONE BODY: for WE ARE ALL PARTAKERS OF THAT ONE BREAD.
(Most of us claim to be 'Christian'...are WE ONE BREAD...ONE BODY?)
KayMarie
So is it your position that your communion is a spiritual Christ? Or is just symbolic? Why do so many sola scriptura protestants say it's only a symbol?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
gay bottom in gurgaon (May '14) 4 min ashokS 574
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 15 min Darwins Stepchild 879,145
does indian women likes to have mmf 3some?? (Nov '14) 37 min sanjay 4
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 40 min Student 41,144
ye olde village pub (Jun '07) 47 min Ruby88 53,490
wonders on temple of solution (Jun '11) 1 hr Margret 49
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 2 hr Peace_Warrior 613,070
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 3 hr who 272,884
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 3 hr dollarsbill 8,061
The Christian Atheist debate 4 hr Kaitlin the Wolf ... 3,849
is it wrong i like to wear womens underwear (Nov '12) Sat i fkedurBeezyanally 279
More from around the web