Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Comments (Page 22,328)

Showing posts 446,541 - 446,560 of511,632
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Clay

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 16, 2013

Judged:

Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>No WRONG! Unless you live in my brain or my heart you can not say what I meant.I STAND BY WHAT I SAY...
Maybe you can settle it once and for all. Do you believe the "Bride of Franenstein" as you call us, has more sexual abuse then other religions, including the Orthodox Churches? If yes, why?

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 16, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
WOW!!! No wonder you are so impressed with your self.
That's quite a mouthful! It's almost a sermon within a sermon.
:)
I am not ASHAMED to admit that I want to have a close relationship with my Lord.

after all, I am not Robert.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 16, 2013

Judged:

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
But there is no data that shows its more of an issue in the Catholic Church than any other group.
That was our point.
The point is that there are no reliable studies and I stress reliable. Do you realize the difficulty of doing a study of sexual abuse in a Church??? I am not going to specify all the factors that would have to be clarified including such things as ratio of incidence to reporting, access to records, unreported cases, definition of abuse, who are the investigators, who are the reporters, etc etc etc I said it is my belief. I dont have a study. Yours is a belief as well.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 16, 2013

Judged:

CORRECTION OF THIS POST
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
SINCE YOU HAVE INCLUDED INCLUDED (the confrinters?) IN YOUR ACCUSATION AGAINST THESE FRIENDS OF OURS THAT ARE ORTHODOX...
IN FORMER POST HERMI HAS made it quite clear that we did not agree on many things...
But
Hermi and his wife have shone Christians attributes.
That prove they are Christians..
THEY SHOW .ATTRIBUTES THAT NO ROMAN CATHOLICS HERE HAVE MANIFESTED....
NO ROMAN CATHOLIC HERE HAS EVER AGREED TO DISAGREE...
BUT THIS ORTHODOX COUPLE HAVE AND I RESPECT THEM WHERE I DO NOT RESPECT
YOU...
YOU ROMAN CATHOLICS SHOW RESPECT FOR HOMOSEXUAL PRIEST...FOR OTHERS PAGAN
RELIGION AND OTHER NON CHRISTIAN GROUPS...
BUT YOU HATE EVANGELICALS WITH A PASSION.
THAT TO ME IS THE LOVE OF GOD.
~~~

CORRECTION ...TO THE ABOVE POST..

THAT TO ME IS NOT THE LOVE OF GOD.

~~~~
know this

I will continue to point out the errors of the Roman Catholic Church as

I have since 2007...whether you agree with me or not...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 16, 2013

Judged:

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe you can settle it once and for all. Do you believe the "Bride of Franenstein" as you call us, has more sexual abuse then other religions, including the Orthodox Churches? If yes, why?
See my post. Read my post. Go in peace.It has been explained many many times.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 16, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
~~~
SINCE YOU HAVE INCLUDED INCLUDED (the confrinters?) IN YOUR ACCUSATION AGAINST THESE FRIENDS OF OURS THAT ARE ORTHODOX...
IN FORMER POST HERMI HAS made it quite clear that we did not agree on many things...
But
Hermi and his wife have shone Christians attributes.
That prove they are Christians..
THEY SHOW .ATTRIBUTES THAT NO ROMAN CATHOLICS HERE HAVE MANIFESTED....
NO ROMAN CATHOLIC HERE HAS EVER AGREED TO DISAGREE...
BUT THIS ORTHODOX COUPLE HAVE AND I RESPECT THEM WHERE I DO NOT RESPECT
YOU...
Confronting and Kaye Marie and the rest have found a place in our hearts through their Christian love.It is Christ's love and it surpasses your dogma.
Dust Storm

Pipestone, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 16, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
~~~
This isn't even a coherent statement. You Roman Catholics in caps. lol Show respect for homosexual priest? Are you saying the church approves of homosexuality? It clearly does not. Pagans? I dont even know where you are attempting to go with that one.

As for hating Evangelicals with a passion no just rabid foaming at the mouth ones who attack incessantly with nonsense and show no respect and pass out going the hell cards at will and who show a profound ignorance of history or any willingness at all to learn anything or know anything about that which you attack.

So let me get this straight. If you decide to respect someone because they join in on attacks regardless of their belief they get a get to heaven pass? So you selectively apply your beliefs as condemnation only applies to those who say something. Selective hypocrisy. Good stuff! I want to know if the Idol and Mary worshipping Orthodox people who pray to dead people are going to heaven or not or is it just all Catholics and some Orthodox?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 16, 2013

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Sexual Abuse of Minors in Protestant Churches

Published June 24, 2007
FOX Fan

E-mail Father Jonathan

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/story/2007/06/24/sexua...

and the author of this report is a Catholic. convinced me.lol

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 16, 2013

Judged:

this jonathan uses a pastor who had sex with a15 y/o GIRL not a rapine of a little boy.

then he goes on to talk about a JW and not one Christian would ever claim that that church is a Christian church. it is a cult and will be judged accordingly.

If and I am certain that it does occur in some Protestant churches, those that commit these types of crimes are arrested and put in jail, not sent overseas and/or hidden like the Vatican does often.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 16, 2013

Judged:

Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
This isn't even a coherent statement. You Roman Catholics in caps. lol Show respect for homosexual priest? Are you saying the church approves of homosexuality? It clearly does not. Pagans? I dont even know where you are attempting to go with that one.
As for hating Evangelicals with a passion no just rabid foaming at the mouth ones who attack incessantly with nonsense and show no respect and pass out going the hell cards at will and who show a profound ignorance of history or any willingness at all to learn anything or know anything about that which you attack.
So let me get this straight. If you decide to respect someone because they join in on attacks regardless of their belief they get a get to heaven pass? So you selectively apply your beliefs as condemnation only applies to those who say something. Selective hypocrisy. Good stuff! I want to know if the Idol and Mary worshipping Orthodox people who pray to dead people are going to heaven or not or is it just all Catholics and some Orthodox?
"So let me get this straight. If you decide to respect someone because they join in on attacks" He did not say that. At least wait a couple pages before you misquote.

Also "selectively apply your beliefs as condemnation only applies to those who say something". He clearly said that we have said something and we agree to disagree. Again is there no shame in misquoting and rewriting history?

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 16, 2013

A Salute to Our Troops

This is a salute to all military active and retired. Thank you for your services worldwide. You are not forgotten! And lets not forget their spouses whose job was just as hard when their love ones are forward deployed overseas 6, 8, 12 months at a time.

I want to thank Staged.com for allowing me to share the above video from Justin Flom with you. I had no idea I would get such a response and great comments.

Al Fanucchi Jr
US Navy SMC(SW)(Retired) alfanucchijr@yahoo.com
Founder, PerfectFreeBusiness.com , SIDEjob.com

P.S. The story below was so awesome I just had to share.

'Will You Give This to My Daddy?'

Last week I was in Atlanta, Georgia attending a conference. While I was in the airport, returning home, I heard several people behind me beginning to clap and cheer. I immediately turned around and witnessed one of the greatest acts of patriotism I have ever seen.

Moving thru the terminal was a group of soldiers in their camos. As they began heading to their gate, everyone (well almost everyone) was abruptly to their feet with their hands waving and cheering.

When I saw the soldiers, probably 30-40 of them, being applauded and cheered for, it hit me. I'm not alone. I'm not the only red-blooded American who still loves this country and supports our troops and their families.

Of course I immediately stopped and began clapping for these young unsung heroes who are putting their lives on the line everyday for us so we can go to school, work and home without fear or reprisal.

Just when I thought I could not be more proud of my country or of our service men and women, a young girl, not more than 6 or 7 years old ran up to one of the male soldiers. He kneeled down and said 'hi...'

The little girl then asked him if he would give something to her daddy for her...

The young soldier, who didn't look any older than maybe 22 himself, said he would try and what did she want to give to her daddy. Then suddenly the little girl grabbed the neck of this soldier, gave him the biggest hug she could muster and then kissed him on the cheek.

The mother of the little girl, who said her daughter's name was Courtney, told the young soldier that her husband was a Marine and had been in Iraq for 11 months now. As the mom was explaining how much her daughter Courtney missed her father, the young soldier began to tear up.

When this temporarily single mom was done explaining her situation, all of the soldiers huddled together for a brief second... Then one of the other servicemen pulled out a military-looking walkie-talkie. They started playing with the device and talking back and forth on it..

After about 10-15 seconds of this, the young soldier walked back over to Courtney, bent down and said this to her,'I spoke to your daddy and he told me to give this to you.' He then hugged this little girl that he had just met and gave her a kiss on the cheek. He finished by saying 'your daddy told me to tell you that he loves you more than anything and he is coming home very soon.'

The mom at this point was crying almost uncontrollably and as the young soldier stood to his feet, he saluted Courtney and her mom. I was standing no more than 6 feet away from this entire event.

As the soldiers began to leave, heading towards their gate, people resumed their applause. As I stood there applauding and looked around, there were very few dry eyes, including my own. That young soldier in one last act of selflessness turned around and blew a kiss to Courtney with a tear rolling down his cheek.

Since: Sep 09

Fort Saint James, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 16, 2013

Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
as mud
The mud is in your brain.

The idea that a god will love you and believe you are even more worthy of heaven if you call women who have abortions "murderers" ... is about as stupid as stupid gets.
Human Being

Ragley, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 16, 2013

New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
"the Bible....as a best seller"
- this should actually be....
"The Bible - the only book GIVEN TO THE MOST PEOPLE."
One should not have to pay for the Bible.
If you do, then you have partaken in a "profit of of God and Jesus" campaign, placing money as the superior aspect of the transaction.
Religion should not cost anyone anything, but unfortunately, religion spawns greed:
- Religious goods selling
- Manufacturing and the selling of crosses
- Selling bibles
- Selling Eucharist supplies/wafers to churches
- Selling flowers to churches
etc..etc...etc...
The next time you think money isn't heavily involved with religion, just think of the payouts the Catholic Church has made to the victims of child abuse that they cover-up with those settlements.
As I started the post with repeating what seems to be something you like to say openly - "the Bible....as a best seller"
- is completely based in greed.
My suggestion to you - boycott the selling and buying of religious items.
New Age Spiritual Leader:

Electrons are free! Boycott the selling of electrons(electricity) by not paying your electric bill....(smiles)

You are throwing the baby out with the bathwater.

So, you better throw out all....In some-way, I am in agreement, but because we are in the world, it is best to acknowledge the world. You want to get rid of the Bible because it costs money....Hmmm. Well, throw out "all the sayings of Jesus"(as you call them) as well.

A rather difficult, if not impossible task, don't you think?

It is better to be discerning what is right and acceptable, and of balance. Greed, even for these is not correct.

Fort Saint James, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 16, 2013

atemcowboy wrote:
If and I am certain that it does occur in some Protestant churches, those that commit these types of crimes are arrested and put in jail, not sent overseas and/or hidden like the Vatican does often.
Not so at all. Many in religions other than Catholicism also covered up for their pastors, rabbis, imams, gurus, et cetera.

Followers often are inhibited by threats from those in power as they are cautioned that if they say anything bad things will happen. Imagination takes over from there, and that is what those in power count on to silence victims.
Chuck

Dublin, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 16, 2013

Judged:

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
The mud is in your brain.
The idea that a god will love you and believe you are even more worthy of heaven if you call women who have abortions "murderers" ... is about as stupid as stupid gets.
You just couldn't keep your cake hole shut could you.

Now show me where I have ever said : god will love you and believe you are even more worthy of heaven if you call women who have abortions "murderers".

Fort Saint James, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 16, 2013

Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
You want to get rid of the Bible because it costs money....Hmmm. Well, throw out "all the sayings of Jesus"(as you call them) as well.
A rather difficult, if not impossible task, don't you think?
When you were an Atheist you threw all value of the bible into the trash can ... so it CAN be done, as you know from experience.

However, it does have to be an individual choice. To throw a book away, or to burn it in order to prevent others from reading it makes it even more alluring than before ... as the popes found out when THEY burned bibles.

Never were bibles so much in demand as when they were forbidden.
Human Being

Ragley, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 16, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Of COURSE you did "Oh self-perceived holy one.
You were the righteous Christian that fought the evil of the devil on earth ... yet without that concept of a devil burning evil souls in hell for eternity in a hereafter ... you can't picture your self as avoiding hell to rise to the GRAND state of HEAVEN.
You are nothing but an ignorant self-ingratiating beast!
June:

Because you don't accept the existence of Satan, you think I am ignorant....(lol)(Try not to believe for me. I am doing fine.)
Human Being

Ragley, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 16, 2013

who="hojo"
Thanks for you comments KayMarie, The fact is that sola scriptura does not avoid "wild teachings" contradiction and inconsistencies, regarding doctrine and bible interpretation......... It has only "multiplied and complicated the problem of interpretation..... The thousands and thousands of Protestant conflicting denomination and doctrine of beliefs (since the Reformation) PROVE THIS TO BE THE CASE......... This is exactly why (again) Paul says in I Timothy 3:15 that the CHURCH (bible alone) is the pillar, pinnacle and foundation of the TRUTH! If there is a contradiction, inconsistency, difference of opinion,or conflict we are told to "take it to the Church"!! Hope things are well with you!!
I'm doing pretty good for an old fossil, thank you. God has blessed me.
I do not believe that Sola Scripture has complicated matters...matters which existed before the compilation of the Bible. If only one 'church' were allowed to exist in this world, that 'matter' would still be a problem.
The CC has been in existence for a long while, but it has not been without internal problems. WHY? Because it is administrated by men...who are in different stages of understanding.
Many Protestant churches are not different at all...just have different names due to location, and/or the families that built them.
Jesus prayed that we might all BE one, not that we might all join one group. I have Christian brothers and sisters (who agree in spirit with me) all over the world. Their churches have different names; some don't baptize in the same way, or have some other minor differences.(Sprinkle, submerge, etc.)
KayMarie
confronting:

KayMarie:

I quite agree.

Most differences, are merely different paths to The Way. Its when we can be humble enough to accept the different paths that we begin to know we are all of the One Body.

An interesting thought. If I could go so far as to give up the physical body(die) in order for another to have eternal life, then why could I not give up my own beliefs, and my old way of thinking....
Human Being

Ragley, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 16, 2013

who="Human Being"
marge:
God's blessing on you....
I had to have a serious talk with God on the issue of "confession" a couple of days ago.
Being raised a non-Catholic, I find it "easier" to go directly to God for confession and repentance. I also know, when God is working with me my penance, and know his forgiveness.... And I go hastily to God for both.
I am a bit reluctant to go to a priest for "confession". But consider it one more of reconciliation with God and believers. In a certain sense it is a ritual, but all things carry this aspect. We tend to "ritualize" our confession to God.
I try to remember James 5:16, when it comes to confession. It is "harder" to do, but we must go to those we have offended and ask forgiveness. It is best to give forgiveness to others before asking God to forgive one's own sins....
Actually, Jesus said that 'if you WILL not forgive (others), My Father WILL NOT forgive you'.
So, if one will not forgive others, they keep their own blessings 'bound up'. Jesus said (NOT just to Peter),'Whatever you bind on earth is bound in heaven'. Those who keep others 'bound' by their unforgiveness' are themselves 'bound'.
Jesus said to 'agree quickly with your adversary', because when you appear in court the judge will "throw the book at you".
Want to STAND in God's presence INNOCENT and forgiven? Then forgive others, and settle the matter BEFORE THE JUDGE has to do the job.
KayMarie
confronting

KayMarie:

Quite true....

I had not looked at that scripture in the way you describe before, but I agree....

I put it in my understanding of "Judge not, lest ye be judged." It is something one knows inherently as a Christian, but needs constantly to be reminded, and practice it, as our natural tendency due to the gross senses is inclined to "judge" and "bind"....
Human Being

Ragley, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 16, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
According to KayMarie ... God overlooked all those other people in all the other religions through the eons of time ... specifically to call Kaymarie to his service to preach the one and only truth EVER known to humanity.
And KayMarie doesn't recognize that statement is based on arrogance.
"I was blind but now I see" were words written by a Christian with the same self-righteous attitude as KayMarie, Robert F and all these other preachers of Christianity.
Yet they don't agree that each other will be "saved."
June:

LOL.... What a vain imagination you have!

It is sooooooo opposite.

Faith is not a submission of/to understanding. Rather understanding is a matter of faith.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 446,541 - 446,560 of511,632
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

742 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 6 min wilderide 216,277
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 10 min wilderide 679,215
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 14 min An NFL Fan 109,348
In Mexico City, where can I get hold of Nembutal? (Sep '10) 17 min Patrick 10
Got nembutal at last! 18 min Patrick 8
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 20 min Tamil 2,912
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 29 min andet1987 4,396
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 51 min EdmondWA 89,376
Girls snapchat names?(dirty) 1 hr JACK 216