Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 650622 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#463005 Jul 17, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Infallible means incapable of teaching error. Yes, he's incapable of teaching error.
Your turn. Is your statement that the pope is not infallible an infallible statement?
Still can't express a simple statement, so you continue to pussy-foot around it.

"Yes, he's incapable of teaching error" is not expressly saying the Pope is infallible.

You instead decided to go with the sidetrack - "he's incapable of teaching error."

BTW - All men are fallible including the Pope. All men fall short of "God".

Wanna try again and be honest with me by stating "the Pope is infallible"?

Or is just too hard of a statement to make?

We'll see by your next response to this post, huh?

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#463006 Jul 17, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<.
Since I have not died, I really can only specualte about what I believe. All answers to these supposed truths will be revealed when I die. I can live with that.
Capice?
;o)
Well, your speculation is another speculation, and you "can" live with it.

Those who brag they know truth in my opinion, are asking for and creating trouble.

Albuquerque, NM

#463007 Jul 17, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't believe your goddess exists any more than I believe gods exist. I suggest that is what irritate you and your new age spiritual self.
Look around at the reality. And if you choose to worship a goddess that you believe loves everybody, I suggest you take her to task and ask her why she doesn't get off her invisible ass and do something to feed those starving babies.
Where did I state I believe in a "goddess"?

:o)

Zeus rules - others drool!!
Human Being

Chatham, LA

#463008 Jul 17, 2013
<quoted text>
Of course there were other motives.
But I truly think exposing these rejected documents that men chose to do, was the prominent reason.
Shoot - they went missing for over 1500 years.....you'd also want to let the world know they have been discovered.
Unless you would rather continue to wallow in the lies that Christianity has/had expressed?
New Age Spiritual Leader:

Its probably not an either/or question of wallowing in lies, but one of unrealized fear, and being misunderstood....

Questioning the orthodox, can be a often a source of misunderstanding. I can see the concern on both sides of the issue.

I don't see Christians en masse, walking away from Christianity because of the Nag-Hammadi Library..., though some might have had that fear.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#463009 Jul 17, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
It's not contradictory at all.
If Christ's sacrifice took care of all sins, and nothing more need be done by us, why don't you believe everyone is automatically saved no matter what?
It's a gift ..it's free.

We must BELIEVE in Christ and His Sacrifice ..be washed clean by Him .
Have the Spirit.

Repent ..follow Him

The Spirit calls we answer or not ...our choice to ACCEPT the Gift

You cannot get yo heaven by going to it joining a Church
Human Being

Chatham, LA

#463010 Jul 17, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree! You are a man who won't get pregnant, so you have no business telling women that abortion clinics are more dangerous than coat-hangers, poisons taken internally and Lysol applied up the vaginas of women by Aunt Suzie and company.
You are a fool!
June:

Interesting. So I am a fool because I am a man, and have an opinion on a woman's issue....

Then by your own logic, you are a fool for having an opinion on religion, because you aren't "religious".

Albuquerque, NM

#463011 Jul 17, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't see Christians en masse, walking away from Christianity because of the Nag-Hammadi Library..., though some might have had that fear.
Correction. I walked away WITHOUT FEAR.

Many fear to walk away, because they fail to understand what Jesus taught. I blame that on Christianity, for severing Jesus into two people - one that they wish to promote, and the other that shows how Jesus was a complete man with a complete teaching philosophy.

Christianity has failed its followers and its followers have failed at being honest about it.

Albuquerque, NM

#463012 Jul 17, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
It's a gift ..it's free.
We must BELIEVE in Christ and His Sacrifice ..be washed clean by Him .
Have the Spirit.
Repent ..follow Him
The Spirit calls we answer or not ...our choice to ACCEPT the Gift
You cannot get yo heaven by going to it joining a Church
Self - no religion required.

Thanks for promoting the Self.

Albuquerque, NM

#463013 Jul 17, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, your speculation is another speculation, and you "can" live with it.
Those who brag they know truth in my opinion, are asking for and creating trouble.
Correct, and I agree.
Human Being

Chatham, LA

#463014 Jul 17, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
AWWW knock it off Robert. You love your religion because you believe heaven is designed for you and hell is designed for others.
If you didn't ... you would still BE an Atheist. And that is the truth.
June:

Whether I get to heaven or not, or others get to heaven or not, is not for me to judge.

In my view now, I would have to be to proud in my intellect to call myself an atheist. It would mean that "I" would be the judge of all things....
Tiger Lily

Auckland, New Zealand

#463015 Jul 17, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
It called "intercessory prayer". We do not now, nor have ever "prayed to Mary" which you have been told over and over again. YOU ARE THE ONE, Confrinting that keeps distorting the truth of what the Catholic Church believes and teaches by just "making things up"! You false attacks are better know as just plain ---"lying"
Hail, holy Queen, Mother of mercy, hail, our life, our sweetness and our hope.
To thee do we cry, poor banished children of Eve: to thee do we send up our sighs, mourning and weeping in this vale of tears.

Turn then, most gracious Advocate, thine eyes of mercy toward us, and after this our exile, show unto us the blessed fruit of thy womb, Jesus, O merciful, O loving, O sweet Virgin Mary! Amen.

Is this also what the angel said?

Just proves you to be a liar hojo. A big LIAR.

If this is not a prayer to Mary I will eat my foot.
Clay

Saint Paul, MN

#463016 Jul 17, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
i AM NOT A JEW...
CAN YOU GIVE A SCRIPTURE WHERE GOD HAS COMMANDED WE THAT LIVE UNDER GRACE
TO CREATE STATUES?
WHY DON'T YOU ASK HIM..
SAUL THE FIRST KIN OF ISRAEL
1Sa 19:24 And he stripped off his clothes also, and prophesied before Samuel in like manner, and lay down naked all that day and all that night. Wherefore they say, Is Saul also among the prophets?
DO YOU WORSHIP NAKED..BECAUSE HE DID?
Lol. you said, "Can you give me scripture where God has commanded we who live under grace, to create statues"?

No, old fella. Your hands are washed. I only can show where God commanded the Jews to create statues. At some point (i guess) God decided He was offended by them, so none of the NT writers recorded having statues!!
You are one heckuva ignorant man. Veeeery dangerous with a Bible in your hand.

Check this video out of a Catholic Priest using a new poetry, called 'spoken word', to articulate how silly you new fanatics are when it comes to Saints.

www.youtube.com e/watch?v=-516MSib-Ck

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#463017 Jul 17, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Metropolitan Philip declared:
"Our canons clearly state that we cannot have more than one bishop over the same territory, and one metropolitan over the same metropolis. I regret to tell you that we Orthodox are violating this important ecclesiological principle in North America, South America, Europe and Australia. In New York, for example, we have more than ten Orthodox bishops over the same city and the same territory. I can say the same thing about other cities and territories in North America... The same thing has happened in Paris, France. There are six co-existing Orthodox bishops with overlapping ecclesiological jurisdictions. In my opinion and in the opinion of Orthodox canonists, this is ecclesiological ethno-phyletism. This is heretical. How can we condemn ethno-phyletism as a heresy in 1872 and still practice the same thing in the twenty-first century in North America ?"
Metropolitan Philip further observed that:
"Ironically enough, when ethnic ecclesiology began to flourish and prosper in the nineteenth century, it was the Pan-Orthodox Synod of Constantinople itself that condemned ecclesiological ethno-phyletism as a heresy in 1872."
http://credo.stormloader.com/Ecumenic/philioc...
I am researching this Metropolitan and more specifics of what he is stating I will get back to you
Clay

Saint Paul, MN

#463018 Jul 17, 2013
Confrint, Try this video instead. The above one did not work.

vimeo.com/52656941

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#463019 Jul 17, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
Herme:
Don't overgeneralize please....
I consider a good deal of my conversion to the RCC was due to the prayers of an old, very holy Orthodox woman, attending a RCC....
I knew immediately when I met her.
Human Being I wasnt talking about you. I dont even know what you are talking about LOL
Be well

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#463020 Jul 17, 2013
Chuck wrote:
Purgatory proclaimed a dogma by Council of Florence "If they have died repentant for their sins and having love of God, but have not made satisfaction for things they have done or omitted by fruits worthy of penance, then their souls, after death, are cleansed by the punishment of Purgatory; also ... the suffrages of the faithful still living are efficacious in bringing them relief from such punishment, namely the Sacrifice of the Mass, prayers and almsgiving and other works of piety which, in accordance with the designation of the Church, are customarily offered by the faithful for each other." Council of Florence (1438-1443)
*Notice: faithful still living are efficacious in bringing them relief from such punishment.
-so sinners here can pray for relief of punishment but the sacrifice of Jesus Christ cannot keep a person out of purgatory.
-if this isn't a doctrine from Satan himself, I'll buy you a watch.
WORKS.

NOT ONLY YOUR OWN WORKS but those if OTHERS,???

And what about LIMBO

for babies still??

Since: Jul 08

Medina, OH

#463021 Jul 17, 2013
Tiger Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
Some of the modern translations seem to lose something.
Yup -- the archaic English.

Prince George, Canada

#463022 Jul 17, 2013
<quoted text>
Where did I state I believe in a "goddess"?
:o)
Zeus rules - others drool!!
You didn't state you worshipped a goddess. As you are new-age I believed that was the case.

The mythology of Zeus is that he had a goddess-wife named Juno. Do you ignore her as did the men who thought Zeus was the all-powerful one of the couple???

:)

Prince George, Canada

#463023 Jul 17, 2013
It's a pity that the Christian god (stolen from the Jews) doesn't have a wife.

He would a lot more understanding of the women's lot in life if he a good wife to put him in his place.

Tongue in cheek

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#463024 Jul 17, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
No pride on my part Nick. I think you and Sera have many times suggested you're not offended by criticism of your Church, in fact Sera has told me to bring it on, but the minute I do you start questioning my sincerity and accuse me of being prideful. I don't think you're being reasonable.
We give you the answers you seek but you refuse to except them so that shows your intent.Your goal is to try to upset us with your post about the Orthodox church which we are not upset.its your patback for my posts on the catholic church.Your sincerity is transparent!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
White gay slaves who like black masters (Nov '14) 5 min blackdick 5
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 7 min Bongo 56,231
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 25 min old school 44,988
Should Black People Forgive White People for Sl... (Jun '07) 33 min Joe Fortuna 4,861
Earn $6000+/month Caring For Kids 1 hr Kid Kare 1
Israel End is Near (Feb '15) 1 hr Brian_G 450
Why are most white people so arrogant? (Apr '10) 1 hr jusjj 1,010
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 1 hr Rider on the Storm 182,969
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 2 hr Hangman 971,868
Moms having sex with their sons (Aug '12) Thu kobechi3 71
More from around the web