Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Comments (Page 22,326)

Showing posts 446,501 - 446,520 of530,342
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“YESHUA IS LORD”

Since: Apr 07

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 16, 2013

Judged:

confrinting with the word wrote:
who="Tony17" Christ was NOT crucified on a friday. He was crucified on a Wednesday and He rose sometimes that Saturday evening/night going into our Sunday morning before daybreak.
Now do I really need to destroy your theory of friday crucifixion? It's really easy to do.
Close, but not quite:
Mar 16:9 Now when Jesus was risen early the first day of the week...
Travel was extremely limited on the Sabbath. The women and the disciples would not have walked any distance to appear at the tomb before the Sabbath was complete.
KayMarie
And since the Sabbath had ended at sundown that saturday,Christ rose sometime during the night before daybreak on what we call sunday. However Sunday is NOT the sabbath but merely the first day of the week which is not the sabbath.
Tiger Lily

New Zealand

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 16, 2013

Tony17 wrote:
And since the Sabbath had ended at sundown that saturday, Christ rose sometime during the night before daybreak on what we call Sunday. However Sunday is NOT the Sabbath but merely the first day of the week which is not the Sabbath.
While I was a child, my parents tried to keep Sunday holy by going to church. We were not allowed to play games out on the front lawn or attend sports. We never bought anything from a dairy or shop and seldom went in the car. Dad never did business. He was a builder and draughted house plans and built the homes.

My parents' tradition was to keep Sunday thinking it was the Sabbath but probably being ignorant of the Bible truth about Sabbath keeping and what the Sabbath is. They knew it's origin was in the Ten Commandments but that was all.

I find it incredible that most Christians do honour a day of worship but some say they worship God EVERY day.

That is not keeping the fourth commandment. If they abstain from work (as detailed in Exodus 20) EVERY day then the are just plain LAZY.

It is a common, but not a substantiated argument that the Ten Commandments were nailed to the cross.

However, if this is true, then whatever happens to the fourth commandment also happens to the other nine!

“For whoever keeps the whole law and yet stumbles at just one point is guilty of breaking all of it. For he who said,‘Do not commit adultery,’ also said,‘Do not murder.’ If you do not commit adultery but do commit murder, you have become a lawbreaker.”(James 2:10, 11)

If we do away with the fourth commandment that declares the seventh day to be a holy day, then the seventh commandment that says adultery is wrong must be void as well.

Paul wrote,“What shall we say, then? Is the law sin? Certainly not! Indeed I would not have known what sin was except through the law. For I would not have known what coveting really was if the law had not said,‘Do not covet.’”(Romans 7:7)

Baptism absolutely does not make the fourth commandment null and void.

Jesus was baptized at the beginning of His ministry and He faithfully observed the Sabbath afterwards!( Luke 4:16; Mark 2:27,28)

If it is your TRADITION to keep Sunday, you are not honouring God.

(1 John 2:3-6 NIV) We know that we have come to know him if we obey his commands.

The man who says, "I know him," but does not do what He commands is a LIAR and the truth is NOT in him.

But if anyone obeys His word, God's love is truly made complete in him.

This is how we know we are in Him: Whoever claims to live in Him must walk as Jesus did.
Tiger Lily

New Zealand

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 16, 2013

Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.

For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.

Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

For I say unto you, That except your righteousness shall exceed the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, ye shall in no case enter into the kingdom of heaven." Matthew 5:17-20

"If ye love me, keep my commandments." John 14:15

“Greatest Love”

Since: Aug 08

For His Creation

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 16, 2013

Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
There is nothing untruthful about it at all. It is facts reported by credible sources.
Notwithstanding the media hysteria over sex abuse in the Catholic Church, priests abuse at a rate far lower than that of other males. While even one case of abuse is too many, approximately only 4% of all active priests between 1950 and 2002 were even ACCUSED of abuse – a rate far lower than that of other males in the general population.
Newsweek magazine, April 7, 2010:
"[B]ased on the surveys and studies conducted by different denominations over the past 30 years, experts who study child abuse say they see little reason to conclude that sexual abuse is mostly a Catholic issue.'We don't see the Catholic Church as a hotbed of this or a place that has a bigger problem than anyone else,' said Ernie Allen, president of the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children …
"Experts disagree on the rate of sexual abuse among the general American male population, but Allen says a conservative estimate is one in 10. Margaret Leland Smith, a researcher at the John Jay College of Criminal Justice, says her review of the numbers indicates it’s closer to one in 5 …
"Since the mid-1980s, insurance companies have offered sexual misconduct coverage as a rider on liability insurance, and their own studies indicate that Catholic churches are not higher risk than other congregations … It's been that way for decades."
USA Today, June 6, 2010:
"If anyone believes that priests offend at a higher rate than teachers or non-celibate clergy, then they should produce the evidence on which they are basing that conclusion. I know of none. Saying 'everybody knows' does not constitute scientific methodology."
– Dr. Philip Jenkins, Pennsylvania State University. Protestant
Hey dust ..I have nothing but good to say on the clergy ..mostly nuns in my life.

The reason it is worse. Fir any supposed Christian..has nothing to do with numbers.

Unbelievers,see it as a reflection on our Saviour ..You should see other forums ..they mock the Church and our God.

I never will understand why back then...they did n it just send these guys to monasteries instead if to another parish ..That was the dumb part ..imo. treat them..fine but sequester them !!!

All of them..no matter what religion..should be in jail ..

“Greatest Love”

For His Creation

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 16, 2013

Judged:

Tiger Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
While I was a child, my parents tried to keep Sunday holy by going to church. We were not allowed to play games out on the front lawn or attend sports. We never bought anything from a dairy or shop and seldom went in the car. Dad never did business. He was a builder and draughted house plans and built the homes.
My parents' tradition was to keep Sunday thinking it was the Sabbath but probably being ignorant of the Bible truth about Sabbath keeping and what the Sabbath is. They knew it's origin was in the Ten Commandments but that was all.
I find it incredible that most Christians do honour a day of worship but some say they worship God EVERY day.
That is not keeping the fourth commandment. If they abstain from work (as detailed in Exodus 20) EVERY day then the are just plain LAZY.
It is a common, but not a substantiated argument that the Ten Commandments were nailed to the cross.
However, if this is true, then whatever happens to the fourth commandment also happens to the other nine!
“For whoever keeps the whole law and yet stumbles at just one point is guilty of breaking all of it. For he who said,‘Do not commit adultery,’ also said,‘Do not murder.’ If you do not commit adultery but do commit murder, you have become a lawbreaker.”(James 2:10, 11)
If we do away with the fourth commandment that declares the seventh day to be a holy day, then the seventh commandment that says adultery is wrong must be void as well.
Paul wrote,“What shall we say, then? Is the law sin? Certainly not! Indeed I would not have known what sin was except through the law. For I would not have known what coveting really was if the law had not said,‘Do not covet.’”(Romans 7:7)
Jesus was baptized at the beginning of His ministry and He faithfully observed the Sabbath afterwards!( Luke 4:16; Mark 2:27,28)
(1 John 2:3-6 NIV) We know that we have come to know him if we obey his commands.
The man who says, "I know him," but does not do what He commands is a LIAR and the truth is NOT in him.
This is how we know we are in Him: Whoever claims to live in Him must walk as Jesus did.
So with your new found insight ..how do you think God feels about your
Parents keeping Sunday holy ...

Since: Jun 13

Bangkok, Thailand

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 16, 2013

all of this said what are YOU gonna do about it talk on forums hahaha great work everyone

“YESHUA IS LORD”

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 16, 2013

Tiger Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
What about the blood ordinance part of the law as far as the sacrificing of animals etc, etc. Those ceremonial ordinances and what have you were part of the law as well so according to your understanding if you do not observe even one part of the law then you might as well not observe any part of the law.

So how do you go about performing the blood ordinances for sacrifice in your house. You do observe all the law right? You see where I'm going with this my friend?
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 16, 2013

<quoted text>
~~~
YOU SPEND YOUR LIFE TIME REVERING EVERY THING THAT YOU CAN PHYSICALLY FIND THAT YOU BELIEVE REMOTELY PERTAINS TO CHRISTIANITY...
I spend my time and my Christian life at Daily Mass, receiving Jesus Christ each and every day in the Eucharist (His TRUE body and Blood), as well as listen to, receiving and studying God Word, the Sacraments, and in nightly 1 AM prayer and adoration while you, Confrinting, do nothing but list "a bunch of bible verse" while attacking the faith and salvation of other Christians especially Catholics........ You do not speak for God and never will, until you come to TRUE Salvation in Jesus Christ!!!
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 16, 2013

ONE DOES NOT DRINK THE BLOOD OF JESUS,,,,
Still playing your bible only "distorted" editorialized opinion games Confrinting!!!
Jesus said (in John 6:47-59) For unless you eat my body (which is real food) and DRINK MY BLOOD (which is real drink) you CANNOT have eternal life!! You are deceiving "no one" but yourself!!!

Since: Jul 08

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 16, 2013

Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>What about the blood ordinance part of the law as far as the sacrificing of animals etc, etc. Those ceremonial ordinances and what have you were part of the law as well so according to your understanding if you do not observe even one part of the law then you might as well not observe any part of the law.
So how do you go about performing the blood ordinances for sacrifice in your house. You do observe all the law right? You see where I'm going with this my friend?
Personally, I just go to the Kroger meat department.

Whenever I overcook whatever I pick up, then I just pretend its a burnt offering.

Pfft.

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 16, 2013

RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
So with your new found insight ..how do you think God feels about your
Parents keeping Sunday holy ...
He doesn't exist, hon. So he really doesn't feel one way or another about that.

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 16, 2013

Judged:

Tiger Lily wrote:
Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.
For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.
Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.
For I say unto you, That except your righteousness shall exceed the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, ye shall in no case enter into the kingdom of heaven." Matthew 5:17-20
"If ye love me, keep my commandments." John 14:15
Did he really speak in archaic English?

What was he thinking?

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 16, 2013

who="Oxbow"
A Christian would answer these questions in less than a nano second...evidently you can't:
Does this verse teach Christ is God: Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:
Do you agree with the following teaching, that is supported by Scripture???
SBC:
Christ is the eternal Son of God. In His incarnation as Jesus Christ He was conceived of the Holy Spirit and born of the virgin Mary. Jesus perfectly revealed and did the will of God, taking upon Himself human nature with its demands and necessities and identifying Himself completely with mankind yet without sin...
And: The Catholics:
Jesus Christ, the incarnate Son of God...redeemer of the human Race..
I'm getting concerned for you. This 'thought' is in no way related to my post.
KayMarie
Php 2:5 Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus: Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God: But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men: And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.

Ah await your response...does this verse say that Jesus Christ is God??????!!!!

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 16, 2013

New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Unless you have a GM or Toyota "Popemobile". Do you?
I have a Honda Chessmobile.

That ride is sweet.

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 16, 2013

Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Php 2:5 Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus: Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God: But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men: And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.
Ah await your response...does this verse say that Jesus Christ is God??????!!!!
Hasn't anyone drawn blood yet in this silly theology fight?
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 16, 2013

who="hojo"
Thanks for you comments KayMarie, The fact is that sola scriptura does not avoid "wild teachings" contradiction and inconsistencies, regarding doctrine and bible interpretation......... It has only "multiplied and complicated the problem of interpretation..... The thousands and thousands of Protestant conflicting denomination and doctrine of beliefs (since the Reformation) PROVE THIS TO BE THE CASE......... This is exactly why (again) Paul says in I Timothy 3:15 that the CHURCH (bible alone) is the pillar, pinnacle and foundation of the TRUTH! If there is a contradiction, inconsistency, difference of opinion,or conflict we are told to "take it to the Church"!! Hope things are well with you!!
I'm doing pretty good for an old fossil, thank you. God has blessed me.
I do not believe that Sola Scripture has complicated matters...matters which existed before the compilation of the Bible. If only one 'church' were allowed to exist in this world, that 'matter' would still be a problem.
The CC has been in existence for a long while, but it has not been without internal problems. WHY? Because it is administrated by men...who are in different stages of understanding.
Many Protestant churches are not different at all...just have different names due to location, and/or the families that built them.
Jesus prayed that we might all BE one, not that we might all join one group. I have Christian brothers and sisters (who agree in spirit with me) all over the world. Their churches have different names; some don't baptize in the same way, or have some other minor differences.(Sprinkle, submerge, etc.)
KayMarie
Thanks KayMarie! Regarding the "complicating" of the various interpretations of sola scriptura beliefs, all one has to do is look at the various bible only contradictions of interpretations that have taken place today, which continue to divide, splinter and split the Protestant Churches,(even more) with abortion, gay marriage, euthenasia, embroyonic stem cell research, homosexual ministers, etc.......... I will admit that the Protestant Reformation has helped the Catholic Church redirect itself, more into the Sacred Scripture and that is not to say that it wasn't before........ I have seen more bible studies in the Catholic Church than ever before and that is good thing! I have also seen a bigger division and a wider split, among the Protestant Churches, in forming new denominations because of conflicting bible (misinterpretations. That is why the bible directs ua outside itself, in order to interpret itself in order to assure that it is properly interpreted!! Gods Blessing!!

“YESHUA IS LORD”

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 16, 2013

Tiger Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
What does Colossians (sp) 2:16 mean to you when it comes to judging people for not observing the Sabbath?
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 16, 2013

Judged:

marge wrote:
<quoted text>
'The fact is that sola scriptura does not avoid "wild teachings" contradiction and inconsistencies, regarding doctrine and bible interpretation.'
Yes it does! If your church does not use the Bible alone your in the wrong church.
NO WHERE in the Bible does it say that God chose to transmit HIS divine and inspired word--ONLY in the Bible. Jesus Christ gave us HIS One True (Universal-Catholic) Church. He never said "anything" about leaving us a bible! But HE did say, He was leaving us HIS CHURCH in Matthew 16:13-21. Paul confirms it in I Timothy 3:15 when he call THE CHURCH (not the bible alone) the pillar, pinnacle and foundation of the TRUTH.---In addition--"where do Jesus, the Apostles or Paul say ANYWHERE that "if the Church does not use the bible alone it is the wrong Church. Marge--you are a "typical bible only Protestant, that just "makes things up" to fit your sola scriptura beliefs!! It was the Catholic Church that gave us the bible, and it is the Catholic Church that "correctly interprets it" NOT your 42,000 inconsistent, contradicting and conflicting Protestant denominations that continue to splinter, fracture and divide the Body of Christ and the Body of Believers!!

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 16, 2013

Judged:

hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Still playing your bible only "distorted" editorialized opinion games Confrinting!!!
Jesus said (in John 6:47-59) For unless you eat my body (which is real food) and DRINK MY BLOOD (which is real drink) you CANNOT have eternal life!! You are deceiving "no one" but yourself!!!
Not all Catholics swallow that swill!!!!!

Eucharist and Belief in the Real Presence

Nine in ten weekly Mass attendees (91 percent) say they believe that Jesus Christ is really present in the Eucharist, compared to two-thirds of those who attend Mass less than weekly but at least once a month (65 percent), and four in ten of those attending Mass a few times a year or less (40 percent).

Plus: That teaching of drinking the actual blood of Christ contradicts:

That ye abstain from meats offered to idols, and from blood, and from things strangled, and from fornication: from which if ye keep yourselves, ye shall do well. Fare ye well.

Which shows a fallible Bible...which it is not....

“Greatest Love”

For His Creation

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 16, 2013

Judged:

Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>Also do you understand what a HIGH SABBATH is? A high Sabbath can fall on any day of the week. The holy days Israel was ordered to observe etc are all HIGH SABBATH DAYS. They can fall on any day of the week.
Sorry convoluted

He had Passover supper..
The authorities snuck about..took him on Passover night into the morning before SABBATH started

He died before SABBATH ..they buried Him before SABBATH started..

They returned to finish the announcing on the morning after the SABBATH .

How many more references to SABBATH do you need

He had supper Thursday night ..they killed Him on Friday ..made sure He was dead ..git Him buried all on Friday.

He rose sometime early on the Third day SUNDAY...

as,I say ..You are trying to reach a wrong destination through twiste
d roads,

He arose the day AFTER the SABBATH was,over ..Sunday morning ..

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 446,501 - 446,520 of530,342
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

405 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 5 min Hidingfromyou 223,286
Hot gays in Abu Dhabi (Nov '13) 5 min Daddy 342
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 9 min Dusty Mangina 93,250
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 12 min Hidingfromyou 598,810
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 14 min Commander Bunny 255,759
Gay massages Abu Dhabi 15 min Daddy 5
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 32 min andet1987 717,101
Does anyone do incest sex with your sister (Apr '12) 37 min aalw 110
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 2 hr UidiotRaceMAkeWorldpeace 171,518
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••