Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 690324 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#462993 Jul 17, 2013
When a women dies in an abortion clinic in America, the religious right ballyhoos day after week after month after year about the issue. But not once do they tell the truth that having abortion clinics available saved the lives of countless women. NOT ONCE!!! The reason IS, they work for an invisible imaginary god and they don't give a rat's ass about what would happen to women if abortion clinics were closed.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>

From the book “Chronology of Women’s History,” by Kirstin Olsen, comes the following.

In India, a woman dies about every ten minutes from a botched abortion. Abortion is legal in India in many cases, but many women in rural areas have no access to clinics.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#462994 Jul 17, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
June:
You are oversimplifying, disconnecting, and misrepresenting my beliefs.
Somehow you believe your beliefs can change, reflecting your understanding, but that others are not allowed the same....Why?
AWWW knock it off Robert. You love your religion because you believe heaven is designed for you and hell is designed for others.

If you didn't ... you would still BE an Atheist. And that is the truth.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#462995 Jul 17, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
It's NOT a perception. If a god exists, the god does not give a rat's ass about who suffers from poverty.
Look around at the reality. And if you choose to worship a goddess that you believe loves everybody, I suggest you take her to task and ask her why she doesn't get off her invisible ass and do something to feed those starving babies.
Religion is BUNK!
"If a god exists"
- reflects undetermined or not proven

'the god does not give a rat's ass about who suffers from poverty"
- reflects the person making the statement 'knows" what a god can or cannot do.

I don't believe you have any knowledge of what a god can or cannot do, so with you expressing it in such a manner - by using the word IF, only shows how you are unsure as well.

I'd been more content if you just lead off with "IMO", before responding to me inthe future.

This puts the discussion in a speculative manner and eliminates any conjecture you may want to dispose of, even though you really don't have proof of any related statements you amy make.

Sounds good?
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#462996 Jul 17, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
June:
You should say, "Some preachers in some religions..., some suffer from vainglory...."
You suffer from the vainglory that you deserve heaven and others deserve hell.

That is supreme vanity and nothing BUT!

If the issue was reversed you would not be a Catholic or of any other religion ... and you know it.

Nobody on earth says "I am proud to belong to this religion because I believe 'I' will go to hell.

NOT on your life!!!

So I suggest you stop lying to me. I see through you.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#462997 Jul 17, 2013
who="June VanDerMark" When a women dies in an abortion clinic in America, the religious right ballyhoos day after week after month after year about the issue. But not once do they tell the truth that having abortion clinics available saved the lives of countless women. NOT ONCE!!! The reason IS, they work for an invisible imaginary god and they don't give a rat's ass about what would happen to women if abortion clinics were closed.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>
From the book “Chronology of Women’s History,” by Kirstin Olsen, comes the following.
In India, a woman dies about every ten minutes from a botched abortion. Abortion is legal in India in many cases, but many women in rural areas have no access to clinics.

Clinic or no clinic, there is at least ONE death in EVERY abortion.

KayMarie

Albuquerque, NM

#462998 Jul 17, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
It's NOT a perception. If a god exists, the god does not give a rat's ass about who suffers from poverty.
Look around at the reality. And if you choose to worship a goddess that you believe loves everybody, I suggest you take her to task and ask her why she doesn't get off her invisible ass and do something to feed those starving babies.
Religion is BUNK!
BTW - I've expressed my concern to "God" - about "His" lack of involvement with suffering, the poor, the homeless, the starving, the children who have frozen to death on Christmas day trying to get to their home, etc.

You are right, "God" has no control over this world.

I've only express my OPINION of a spiritual "God" - which may or may not reside in a supposed spiritual realm.

Since I have not died, I really can only specualte about what I believe. All answers to these supposed truths will be revealed when I die. I can live with that.

Capice?

;o)
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#462999 Jul 17, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
"If a god exists"
- reflects undetermined or not proven
'the god does not give a rat's ass about who suffers from poverty"
- reflects the person making the statement 'knows" what a god can or cannot do.
I don't believe you have any knowledge of what a god can or cannot do, so with you expressing it in such a manner - by using the word IF, only shows how you are unsure as well.
I'd been more content if you just lead off with "IMO", before responding to me inthe future.
This puts the discussion in a speculative manner and eliminates any conjecture you may want to dispose of, even though you really don't have proof of any related statements you amy make.
Sounds good?
I don't believe your goddess exists any more than I believe gods exist. I suggest that is what irritate you and your new age spiritual self.

Clay

Saint Paul, MN

#463000 Jul 17, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Church
Catechism (CCC)-“all who die in God’s grace and friendship, but still imperfectly purified; (they) are indeed assured of their eternal salvation; but after death they undergo purification so as to achieve the holiness necessary to enter the joy of Heaven”(# 1030).
**ROTFLOL...DO WHAT!!??
"Make friends quickly with your accuser, while you are going with him to court, lest your accuser hand you over to the judge, and the judge to the guard, and you be out in prison. Truly I say to you, YOU WILL NEVER GET OUT TIL YOU PAID THE LAST PENNY"

"And in anger his lord delivered him to the jailers, TIL HE SHALL PAY ALL HIS DEBT, SO WILL MY HEAVENLY FATHER DO TO YOU, unless each of you forgives his brother from the heart."
Jesus Christ

Tell me, Chuck, how can we pay debt to the Lord if we are in Hell?
There is no way out of Hell.
How and why would we pay debt to the Lord if we're in Heaven??

If you are interested in more truth check out catholicbible101.com/purgatory.html
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#463001 Jul 17, 2013
If the god or goddess doesn't care now ... I suggest that if they exist ... they won't care in any supposed hereafter.

They would be just as stupid and uncaring as now is the case on earth.

It's common sense that when little babies are screaming for food ... if an all-powerful deity doesn't do anything ... then it either doesn't exist, or it is a heartless with no conscience whatsoever.

I prefer to believe that no creator exists than to believe that a creator is a sadist.

Albuquerque, NM

#463002 Jul 17, 2013
Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
<quoted text>As my Greek Yaya used to say " Manna Manna Manna Manna!!!!"
That immediately reminded me of the Muppets!!

http://www.bing.com/videos/search...
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#463003 Jul 17, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
who="Anthony MN"
The Word of God (Jesus) said the bread is His body, the wine His blood and that we must eat it to have eternal life. The written Word says the same thing. Neither Jesus nor the bible say it is just a symbol.
Now who's really ignoring the bible?
1Co 10:4 And did ALL drink the same spiritual drink: for they drank of that SPIRITUAL ROCK that followed them: and THAT ROCK WAS CHRIST.
(Did they drink blood?)
1Co 10:5 But with many of them God was not well pleased: for they were overthrown in the wilderness.
(Though they drank of Christ they remained followers of evil and were overthrown in the wilderness.)
1Co 10:6 Now these things were our examples, to the intent we should not lust after evil things, as they also lusted.
1Co 10:7 Neither be ye idolaters, as were some of them; as it is written, The people sat down to eat and drink, and rose up to play.
1Co 10:8 Neither let us commit fornication, as some of them committed, and fell in one day three and twenty thousand.
1Co 10:9 Neither let us tempt Christ, as some of them also tempted, and were destroyed of serpents.
1Co 10:10 Neither murmur ye, as some of them also murmured, and were destroyed of the destroyer.
1Co 10:11 Now all these things happened unto them for examples: and they are written for our admonition, upon whom the ends of the world are come.
1Co 10:12 Wherefore let him that thinks he stands take heed lest he fall.
1Co 10:13 There has no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that you may be able to bear it.
1Co 10:14 Wherefore, my dearly beloved, FLEE FROM IDOLATRY (murmuring, tempting Christ, fornication).
1Co 10:15 I speak as to wise men; judge ye what I say.
1Co 10:16 The cup of blessing which we bless, is it not the COMMUNION of the blood of Christ? The bread which we break, is it not the COMMUNION of the body of Christ?
(Communion...Greek...partnersh ip, fellowship, association. The 'communion of the blood and body of Christ is to become 'associated' with Him; no longer murmurers, Christ tempters or fornicators. If your 'communion' or Eucharist has not made you 'associated with Him in holiness, you are yet as the 'sinners' in the wilderness who drank of that Rock, Christ Jesus, but remained in their sins.)(This forum reveals a lot, doesn't it?)
1Co 10:17 For WE being many ARE ONE BREAD AND ONE BODY: for WE ARE ALL PARTAKERS OF THAT ONE BREAD.
(Most of us claim to be 'Christian'...are WE ONE BREAD...ONE BODY?)
KayMarie
So is it your position that your communion is a spiritual Christ? Or is just symbolic? Why do so many sola scriptura protestants say it's only a symbol?
Human Being

Chatham, LA

#463004 Jul 17, 2013
Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
OK I got one Catholic here that lied about what I said and I posted the Truth v the lie. The other Catholic poster posts the first lying one and says he found a Patriarch that says something different than him. This is after taking time to answer maybe 6 "questions" about the same issue.
So is this the Catholic Church??? Lying? So Prideful they have to be right? Discarding facts to look for info that agrees with them?
Well this is what I see here.
Herme:

Don't overgeneralize please....

I consider a good deal of my conversion to the RCC was due to the prayers of an old, very holy Orthodox woman, attending a RCC....

I knew immediately when I met her.

Albuquerque, NM

#463005 Jul 17, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Infallible means incapable of teaching error. Yes, he's incapable of teaching error.
Your turn. Is your statement that the pope is not infallible an infallible statement?
Still can't express a simple statement, so you continue to pussy-foot around it.

"Yes, he's incapable of teaching error" is not expressly saying the Pope is infallible.

You instead decided to go with the sidetrack - "he's incapable of teaching error."

BTW - All men are fallible including the Pope. All men fall short of "God".

Wanna try again and be honest with me by stating "the Pope is infallible"?

Or is just too hard of a statement to make?

We'll see by your next response to this post, huh?
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#463006 Jul 17, 2013
<.
Since I have not died, I really can only specualte about what I believe. All answers to these supposed truths will be revealed when I die. I can live with that.
Capice?
;o)
Well, your speculation is another speculation, and you "can" live with it.

Those who brag they know truth in my opinion, are asking for and creating trouble.

Albuquerque, NM

#463007 Jul 17, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't believe your goddess exists any more than I believe gods exist. I suggest that is what irritate you and your new age spiritual self.
Where did I state I believe in a "goddess"?

:o)

Zeus rules - others drool!!
Human Being

Chatham, LA

#463008 Jul 17, 2013
<quoted text>
Of course there were other motives.
But I truly think exposing these rejected documents that men chose to do, was the prominent reason.
Shoot - they went missing for over 1500 years.....you'd also want to let the world know they have been discovered.
Unless you would rather continue to wallow in the lies that Christianity has/had expressed?
New Age Spiritual Leader:

Its probably not an either/or question of wallowing in lies, but one of unrealized fear, and being misunderstood....

Questioning the orthodox, can be a often a source of misunderstanding. I can see the concern on both sides of the issue.

I don't see Christians en masse, walking away from Christianity because of the Nag-Hammadi Library..., though some might have had that fear.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#463009 Jul 17, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
It's not contradictory at all.
If Christ's sacrifice took care of all sins, and nothing more need be done by us, why don't you believe everyone is automatically saved no matter what?
It's a gift ..it's free.

We must BELIEVE in Christ and His Sacrifice ..be washed clean by Him .
Have the Spirit.

Repent ..follow Him

The Spirit calls we answer or not ...our choice to ACCEPT the Gift

You cannot get yo heaven by going to it joining a Church
Human Being

Chatham, LA

#463010 Jul 17, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree! You are a man who won't get pregnant, so you have no business telling women that abortion clinics are more dangerous than coat-hangers, poisons taken internally and Lysol applied up the vaginas of women by Aunt Suzie and company.
You are a fool!
June:

Interesting. So I am a fool because I am a man, and have an opinion on a woman's issue....

Then by your own logic, you are a fool for having an opinion on religion, because you aren't "religious".

Albuquerque, NM

#463011 Jul 17, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't see Christians en masse, walking away from Christianity because of the Nag-Hammadi Library..., though some might have had that fear.
Correction. I walked away WITHOUT FEAR.

Many fear to walk away, because they fail to understand what Jesus taught. I blame that on Christianity, for severing Jesus into two people - one that they wish to promote, and the other that shows how Jesus was a complete man with a complete teaching philosophy.

Christianity has failed its followers and its followers have failed at being honest about it.

Albuquerque, NM

#463012 Jul 17, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
It's a gift ..it's free.
We must BELIEVE in Christ and His Sacrifice ..be washed clean by Him .
Have the Spirit.
Repent ..follow Him
The Spirit calls we answer or not ...our choice to ACCEPT the Gift
You cannot get yo heaven by going to it joining a Church
Self - no religion required.

Thanks for promoting the Self.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 8 min June VanDerMark 41,655
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 20 min nanoanomaly 989,686
Sometimes I like Louis Farrakhan's "sermons"...... 2 hr Smarter than you 98
Would the world have been better off...without ... 3 hr Doctor REALITY 4
Why are Europeans a race of savages, thieves, a... (Jun '15) 3 hr Smarter than you 120
Bring the jobs back to the USA! 3 hr Paul is dead 541
Trump's "Russia Worries" louder than the noon sun 5 hr Paul is dead 10
More from around the web