Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 692194 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#462952 Jul 17, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
We don't have idols. We worship only God in the Blessed Trinity.
Why don't you get rid of the pictures and videos of your loved ones?
What does "bowing before a statue of Mary in worship" mean?????

Pope John Paul II and Marian Worship...

POPE PRAYER TO MARY.

Pope John Paul bowing before a statue of Mary in worship.(See below right pic as well)

On May 7 Pope John Paul II dedicated his general audience to "the Virgin Mary" and urged all Christians to accept Mary as their mother. He noted the words spoken by Jesus on the cross to Mary and to John--"Woman, behold thy son!" and "Behold thy mother!" (John 19:26,27), and he claimed that in this statement "IT IS POSSIBLE TO UNDERSTAND THE AUTHENTIC MEANING OF MARIAN WORSHIP in the ecclesial community ... which furthermore is based on the will of Christ" (Vatican Information Service, May 7, 1997).

John Paul II underlined that "the history of Christian piety teaches that MARY IS THE PATH THAT LEADS TO CHRIST, and that filial devotion to her does not at all diminish intimacy with Jesus, but rather, it increases it and leads it to very high levels of perfection." He concluded by asking all Christians "to make room (for Mary) in their daily lives, ACKNOWLEDGING HER PROVIDENTIAL ROLE IN THE PATH OF SALVATION"

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#462953 Jul 17, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
No need to get upset Hermi, I'm just going by what this writer said. The "tradition" I'm referring to is Greek vs. Russian, etc.
The FAITH in the Orhtodox church remains the same no matter Russian,Greek etc. That's the core not the language.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#462954 Jul 17, 2013
Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
<quoted text>Anthony please give it up. There is the Orthodox hurh Outside Russia, There is the Russian Orthodox Church (inside Russia) There is the Orthodox Church of America. You have to know which one you are speaking of. Ok I am done. You were my last hold out as far as Catholics I believed were sincere in this forum. You keep going despie what I present you.From now on you get Tipote from me. From you knowledge of Greek Orthodoxy youll know what this means- nothing. Sad
Nick, I don't think you're being fair. I understand the conciliar and collegial nature of the bishops, it's the same within the LAtin Church. The point I'm trying to make is whether you think it's possible, as the writer of the article I linked says, that a rogue Orthodox priest could start another Church?

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#462955 Jul 17, 2013
OK I got one Catholic here that lied about what I said and I posted the Truth v the lie. The other Catholic poster posts the first lying one and says he found a Patriarch that says something different than him. This is after taking time to answer maybe 6 "questions" about the same issue.

So is this the Catholic Church??? Lying? So Prideful they have to be right? Discarding facts to look for info that agrees with them?

Well this is what I see here.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#462956 Jul 17, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
The authority of the Church is not a trivial issue, to Catholics anyaway.
Please define the "authority of the Church".

I don't think you know.

Location hidden

#462957 Jul 17, 2013
CORRECTION

OK I got one Catholic here that lied about what I said and I posted the Truth v the lie. The other Catholic poster posts the first lying one and says he found a Patriarch that says something different than Sera and me. This is after taking time to answer maybe 6 "questions" about the same issue.

So is this the Catholic Church??? Lying? So Prideful they have to be right? Discarding facts to look for info that agrees with them?

Well this is what I see here.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#462958 Jul 17, 2013
Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
<quoted text>answered 400 times
Never answered by you or Sera. Is Metropolitan Phillip wrong?
June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#462959 Jul 17, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
There is a woman in our church who had an abortion at a young age and just like I said, she regrets it...she repented of her sins...received CHRIST by faith...was baptized...now serves God in our church in a childrens' ministry and also works at a pro-life organization...counseling women that they do have a choice besides an abortion. She will tell you she killed but she will also say she is forgiven because of Jesus Christ.
Oh yes Grams...to GOD BE THE GLORY
LOL...you hate this kind of stuff huh..cause you could of had it but you rejected it.
So you agreed with that woman that she was a murderer for terminating her pregnancy.

So why were you insinuating that you didn't believe that way???

Were you trying to "cut corners?"
Human Being

Chatham, LA

#462960 Jul 17, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
The fact that women "prefer" to go to abortion clinics speaks for itself Robert F.
You and your Catholicism would like to keep women going to back-alley butchers and have them in state desperate enough to perform abortions on their selves.
That way you can proclaim with pride that YOU are working for a god.
You idiot!!!
June:

My preference is unimportant.

Your belief in the state is undeniable, because you believe what it falsely teaches, and reinforces your world view that women should have the right to kill their children.

By the way, the U.S. a couple of days ago, reversed a law which it has had on the books, I think since the '50s...,

It was that the U.S., could not propagandize its own citizens. Now it is LEGAL to lie to them....

(Most of us older folks are not so easily deceived by government leaders, by experience. I wonder why you are?)

Albuquerque, NM

#462961 Jul 17, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
New Age Spiritual Leader
You write of "simony".
It is an ideal to not expect something in return for work rendered.
I think one must not muzzle the ox when it works.
You are getting "Juneitis", she thinks everyone within religion condemns everyone outside their own beliefs to hell....(smiles)
"Simony" - I'd say that is correct. Thanks!

June? June who?

;o)

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#462962 Jul 17, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
ONE INGEST JESUS INTO HIS HEART BY ACCEPTING HIM AS THEIR PERSONAL LORD AND SAVIOR..
THE TRUE EUCHARIST IS RECEIVING JESUS INTO ONE'S HEART,
BY FAITH
THUS HAVING CONTINUAL COMMUNION WITH HIM..
BEING ABLE TO SAY...
Gal_2:20 I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.
These are really simple questions...you should have no problem with them...it requires not any spirituality...just common sense.

Who is living in you??? You live by the faith of whom???

Gal_2:20 I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.
Tiger Lily

Auckland, New Zealand

#462963 Jul 17, 2013
Tony17 wrote:
What about the blood ordinance part of the law as far as the sacrificing of animals etc, etc. Those ceremonial ordinances and what have you were part of the law as well so according to your understanding if you do not observe even one part of the law then you might as well not observe any part of the law.
So how do you go about performing the blood ordinances for sacrifice in your house. You do observe all the law right? You see where I'm going with this my friend?
Tony17, there is a clear distinction between CEREMONIAL LAW (The Laws of Moses) and God’s Holy Law written by the finger of God.

One was contained in a pocket outside of the Ark: the other was INSIDE the Ark of the Covenant.

It was the Ceremonial Law which was a shadow of Christ.

Which of the Ten Commandments do you consider ceremonial or an ordinance?

We do not keep the Ceremonial Sabbaths but there are others who do.

You can learn more at...

http://www.ceremoniallaw.com/

There is a lot of interesting information in this website for all Christians.
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#462964 Jul 17, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
this is the same old cycle on this forum. You guys start out attacking Purgatory. Then you move to the Papacy. Then Mary, the Eucharist, etc etc.
You base all your arguments on the fact that the 66 Books of the KJV don't explicitly spell out these above teachings in word for word detail.
So I say, you need to prove where Christ or any of His Apostles installed the KJV as the only source of authority on the Ministry of Jesus Christ. Just show where anyone taught sola scripture before the 16th century! You guys read the Bible in a way that is reckless and irresponsible.
Purgatory is indeed Biblical. All Catholic teachings are Biblical. We're sorry if you crowned yourself an authority and claim that Christianity was started AFTER the Books became the Bible, and Christians ran about interpreting it word for word by themselves.
Christ set up a teaching Magisterium to teach without error. That's how we Christians know what truth is. The word of God- both written and oral- is divinely protected by the authority of the Church. That's how Christ clearly set up His Church.
All arguments need to start with sola scripture.
Church
Catechism (CCC)-“all who die in God’s grace and friendship, but still imperfectly purified; (they) are indeed assured of their eternal salvation; but after death they undergo purification so as to achieve the holiness necessary to enter the joy of Heaven”(# 1030).

**ROTFLOL...DO WHAT!!??

Albuquerque, NM

#462966 Jul 17, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
New Age Spiritual Leader:
Sure you can have your opinion.(smiles)
I suspect there were different motives for those involved in investigating the Nag-Hammadi Scriptures, not the least of which was curiosity....
Of course there were other motives.

But I truly think exposing these rejected documents that men chose to do, was the prominent reason.

Shoot - they went missing for over 1500 years.....you'd also want to let the world know they have been discovered.

Unless you would rather continue to wallow in the lies that Christianity has/had expressed?
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#462967 Jul 17, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Did they kill yes...will God show mercy and forgive yes.
Bottom line is, you believe those who have abortions are murderers ... period.

I don't believe that there IS a god in existence to punish OR forgive.

And I don't believe that women who have abortions are murderers of anything but cells that would if allowed to grow into babies would be human beings.

I suggest you think about all those fetuses becoming Muslims rather than Christians and that will give you a fresh input into the value of the fetus.

Silly Christian.

Location hidden

#462968 Jul 17, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Nick, I don't think you're being fair. I understand the conciliar and collegial nature of the bishops, it's the same within the LAtin Church. The point I'm trying to make is whether you think it's possible, as the writer of the article I linked says, that a rogue Orthodox priest could start another Church?
for the 10000th time- no. It would not be an Orthodox Church. He could call it that.
But it would actually be the CAIPR Church: Church Anthony Invents to Prove he is Right

Albuquerque, NM

#462969 Jul 17, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Then you are not a Christian...You ignore the Word of God..
That ye abstain from meats offered to idols, and from blood, and from things strangled, and from fornication: from which if ye keep yourselves, ye shall do well. Fare ye well.
Wherefore say unto them, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Ye eat with the blood, and lift up your eyes toward your idols, and shed blood: and shall ye possess the land?
Plus your erroneous beliefs show the Word of God to be contradicting...which males the Bible fallible...which al, Christians no that is impossible....
The term "Christian" hasn't been fully defined.

Now if you are using this phrase as part of YOUR definition:
"you are not a Christian...You ignore the Word of God.."

....I guess I can express that you are not a Christian...because you ignore many teachings by Jesus.

You so-called "Christians" seem to have a hard time accepting this.

Why?
Tiger Lily

Auckland, New Zealand

#462970 Jul 17, 2013
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
Did he really speak in archaic English?
What was he thinking?
Are you not aware that the Bible was translated?
It's nice to read about Jesus in Shakespearian language.

Some of the modern translations seem to lose something.
I also like antique furniture. Do you?
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#462971 Jul 17, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
That is one perception.
Thanks for responding.
It's NOT a perception. If a god exists, the god does not give a rat's ass about who suffers from poverty.

Look around at the reality. And if you choose to worship a goddess that you believe loves everybody, I suggest you take her to task and ask her why she doesn't get off her invisible ass and do something to feed those starving babies.

Religion is BUNK!

Location hidden

#462972 Jul 17, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
Anthony MN wrote:
You will find very few Catholic writers who are in good standing with the Church who will say the things about the hierarchy that this Orthodox said about his hierarchy.
<quoted text>
...and you are just now realizing how Catholics double-talk and spin their way around their religious beliefs?
It is what they do. Don't you think they enjoy being comforted by the "patting of oneself's back"?
As my Greek Yaya used to say " Manna Manna Manna Manna!!!!"

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 46 min Quirky 47,377
Budha Prolly Went To He11 59 min Smiley 7
World Infection: Sexual Allegations Organizer =... 1 hr Hitler is dead 1
Crackdown On Liberal Safe Space 1 hr HalloChristmasWeen 2
Alabama 3 Women Arrested, 3000 Fraud Votes 1 hr TOLD U SO 2
Why are Europeans a race of savages, thieves, a... (Jun '15) 2 hr Paul really is dead 498
Boys spying on their sisters (Jun '11) 2 hr ROB REGRET 5
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 4 hr PrettyGirl 990,750
More from around the web