Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 646435 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#462842 Jul 17, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
What I don't get is if "God" never charged for his word to be spread to others, why do modern men charge.
"Modern men?"

They charge under the premise that they are taking the money to give to the poor, because as we are fully aware "god" doesn't look after the poor.

What a joke.
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#462843 Jul 17, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Not enough for what?
Indulgences are offered by the Catholic Church as a way to reduce the amount of time believers spend in purgatory after they confess and have been absolved of their sins.

**If this is going to be one of those you dis-approve of like pope johnny kissing the quran just say so now so we don't have to drag it out.

Prince George, Canada

#462844 Jul 17, 2013
Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text> So what you're saying is that you'd like for all of us that believes to just hush huh about religion period?
In part I would like people to stop believing that a god favors their religion and hates all other religions.

Do you believe that is too much to ask of humans that are supposed to have brains???

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#462845 Jul 17, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Mary died. Is there another point your trying to make?
MARY DID NOT OBTAIN IMMORTALITY...her spirit ascended to God as other

have...But Mary is not bodily in heaven .

~~~

1Co 15:42 So also is the resurrection of the dead. It is sown in corruption; it is raised in incorruption:

1Co 15:43 It is sown in dishonour; it is raised in glory: it is sown in weakness; it is raised in power:

1Co 15:44 It is sown a natural body; it is raised a spiritual body. There is a natural body, and there is a spiritual body.

1Co 15:45 And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam was made a quickening spirit.

1Co 15:46 Howbeit that was not first which is spiritual, but that which is natural; and afterward that which is spiritual.

1Co 15:47 The first man is of the earth, earthy: the second man is the Lord from heaven.

1Co 15:48 As is the earthy, such are they also that are earthy: and as is the heavenly, such are they also that are heavenly.

1Co 15:49 And as we have borne the image of the earthy, we shall also bear the image of the heavenly.

NOTE -->

1Co 15:50 Now this I say, brethren, that

-->flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God;

neither doth corruption inherit incorruption. <--

Prince George, Canada

#462846 Jul 17, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
June, you are a very prideful person,
Yes I am. But a don't believe that a god loves me and will send babies and adults of those in other religions to hell.

That is YOUR "calling."
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#462847 Jul 17, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
DO YOU ORR DO YOU NOT PRAY TO MARY?
DO YOU NOT SAY...
HAIL MARY full of grace..the lord is with thee...
pray for us sinners now and in the time of or death etc,,,
Man you guys can't tell the truth ...why do you disclame what you do
when the whole world is witness to your idolary
what is you real name...You sound like ...BILL CLINTON...
It called "intercessory prayer". We do not now, nor have ever "prayed to Mary" which you have been told over and over again. YOU ARE THE ONE, Confrinting that keeps distorting the truth of what the Catholic Church believes and teaches by just "making things up"! You false attacks are better know as just plain ---"lying"

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#462848 Jul 17, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
The word "hail" as defined in the dictionary means ---"to greet. welcome, acknowledge, to say hello!! The words "hail Mary" are a greeting, expressing recognition of her as the Mother of Jesus. It has "nothing to do" with worshiping her, as you in your "distorted, perverted and and twisted "anti-catholic" thinking just keep "making these things up"!!
[email protected], the first time that phrase was used, she was not the Mother of Jesus.

next lie?
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#462849 Jul 17, 2013
The Catechism of the Catholic Church defines purgatory as a "purification, so as to achieve the holiness necessary to enter the joy of heaven," which is experienced by those "who die in God’s grace and friendship, but still imperfectly purified" (CCC 1030). It notes that "this final purification of the elect ... is entirely different from the punishment of the damned" (CCC 1031).----A catholic lie from the pit of Hell.

Christ's sacrifice was enough for our sins.

Isaiah 53:5 But he was pierced for our transgressions;
he was crushed for our iniquities;
upon him was the chastisement that brought us peace,
and with his wounds we are healed

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#462850 Jul 17, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
It called "intercessory prayer". We do not now, nor have ever "prayed to Mary" which you have been told over and over again. YOU ARE THE ONE, Confrinting that keeps distorting the truth of what the Catholic Church believes and teaches by just "making things up"! You false attacks are better know as just plain ---"lying"
HOJO
http://www.catholic.org/prayers/prayer.php...

Prince George, Canada

#462851 Jul 17, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
June:
The irony of your statement is due to the fact that clinics in the U.S., are run like "back alley" abortion mills. They are not safe, not "hospital-like".
And yet you support them....
The fact that women "prefer" to go to abortion clinics speaks for itself Robert F.

You and your Catholicism would like to keep women going to back-alley butchers and have them in state desperate enough to perform abortions on their selves.

That way you can proclaim with pride that YOU are working for a god.

You idiot!!!
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#462852 Jul 17, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Indulgences are offered by the Catholic Church as a way to reduce the amount of time believers spend in purgatory after they confess and have been absolved of their sins.
**If this is going to be one of those you dis-approve of like pope johnny kissing the quran just say so now so we don't have to drag it out.
I don't disapprove of the purgatorial process or indulgences. It's a pretty simple question Chuck. Enough for what?

Prince George, Canada

#462853 Jul 17, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Is there a difference?
If the Muslim heaven has 72 virgins, does that mean the Muslim hell is 72 prostitutes?
;o)
Hahahahahaha

Good one!

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#462854 Jul 17, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
I only posted that because as,a child in Catholic school it was clear we were praying to Mary

I personally at this time in life don't think it was a bad thing .

Just saying we indeed were taught to pray to the blessed Virgin

I might add nit having any idea what that word meant ..

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#462855 Jul 17, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Neither are you. But that doesn't stop you from claiming to speak for God.
i AM CALLED AND SENT...CALLED OF GOD ...AS A SMALL CHILD..AND

i AM STRIVING TO BE OBEDIENT TO THAT CALLING...

The Bible says...

Rom 10:13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.
Rom 10:14 How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher?

Rom 10:15 And how shall they preach, except they be sent? as it is written, How beautiful are the feet of them that preach the gospel of peace, and bring glad tidings of good things!

Rom 10:16 But they have not all obeyed the gospel. For Esaias saith, Lord, who hath believed our report?

Rom 10:17 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

1Co_9:16 For though I preach the gospel, I have nothing to glory of: for necessity is laid upon me; yea, woe is unto me, if I preach not the gospel!

WERE YOU called...are you sent..

If you are you charge is

2Ti 4:1 I charge thee therefore before God, and the Lord Jesus Christ, who shall judge the quick and the dead at his appearing and his kingdom;

2Ti 4:2 Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine.

2Ti 4:3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;

2Ti 4:4 And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.

2Ti 4:5 But watch thou in all things, endure afflictions, do the work of an evangelist, make full proof of thy ministry.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#462856 Jul 17, 2013
Chuck wrote:
The Catechism of the Catholic Church defines purgatory as a "purification, so as to achieve the holiness necessary to enter the joy of heaven," which is experienced by those "who die in God’s grace and friendship, but still imperfectly purified" (CCC 1030). It notes that "this final purification of the elect ... is entirely different from the punishment of the damned" (CCC 1031).----A catholic lie from the pit of Hell.
Christ's sacrifice was enough for our sins.
Isaiah 53:5 But he was pierced for our transgressions;
he was crushed for our iniquities;
upon him was the chastisement that brought us peace,
and with his wounds we are healed
So everybody is saved no matter what?
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#462857 Jul 17, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
i AM CALLED AND SENT...CALLED OF GOD ...AS A SMALL CHILD..AND
i AM STRIVING TO BE OBEDIENT TO THAT CALLING...
The Bible says...
Rom 10:13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.
Rom 10:14 How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher?
Rom 10:15 And how shall they preach, except they be sent? as it is written, How beautiful are the feet of them that preach the gospel of peace, and bring glad tidings of good things!
Rom 10:16 But they have not all obeyed the gospel. For Esaias saith, Lord, who hath believed our report?
Rom 10:17 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.
1Co_9:16 For though I preach the gospel, I have nothing to glory of: for necessity is laid upon me; yea, woe is unto me, if I preach not the gospel!
WERE YOU called...are you sent..
If you are you charge is
2Ti 4:1 I charge thee therefore before God, and the Lord Jesus Christ, who shall judge the quick and the dead at his appearing and his kingdom;
2Ti 4:2 Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine.
2Ti 4:3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;
2Ti 4:4 And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.
2Ti 4:5 But watch thou in all things, endure afflictions, do the work of an evangelist, make full proof of thy ministry.
Sts. Paul and Timothy were called and sent. There is no mention of confrinting in the bible. Sorry.
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#462858 Jul 17, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Then I suggest you stop talking to yourself.
Did I hear you say "bingo"???
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#462859 Jul 17, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>[email protected], the first time that phrase was used, she was not the Mother of Jesus.
next lie?
You're really impressed with yourself aren't you?
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#462860 Jul 17, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
The last part of that prayer was left out!......... "PRAY FOR US, O Holy Mother of God, that we may be made worthy of the promises of Christ"

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#462861 Jul 17, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
This post is not intended to slam the Orthodox Church, nor to question the truth of her teachings, impugn the integrity and holiness of faithful Orthodox priests and bishops or question the sincerity of the Orthodox faithful.
edited for space
Catholicism isn't the only religion with sexual abuse scandals. Three S.F. women are working to expose cases within the Orthodox Church.
By Mark Athitakis Wednesday, May 22 2002

----------
In the Roman Catholic Church, the chain of command is simple: An infallible pope heads the church, a Council of Cardinals administers bishops, and bishops manage priests in their parishes. The Orthodox Church structure is more complex. To make a long story short (the story begins in 1054 with the Great Schism and the Orthodox rejection of papal authority), Orthodoxy in America is an administrative mess. Instead of having a top-down hierarchy, the church is fractured into a variety of self-regulating organizations, which roughly break down along ethnic lines: the Greek Orthodox Archdiocese, the Serbian Orthodox Church, the Orthodox Church in America, which is mainly Russian, and many others.
Those separate spheres have long been a source of dismay for the Orthodox faithful -- the patriarch of Constantinople, visiting the U.S. in 1990, called it "truly a scandal" -- and they are a source of confusion as well, which has led to a growth industry in renegade Orthodox groups in recent years.
"There have been little offshoots all along, but it's mushroomed over the past 30, 40 years," says Phillip Lucas, a professor of religious studies at Stetson University in DeLand, Fla., who has studied Orthodox fringe groups. "Part of it has to do with the entrepreneurial way that religion is done in America. If somebody is disgruntled, he just leaves and starts a new church. That's as American as Mom and apple pie. He'll say,'If I can find a couple bishops to ordain me, I can keep on.' And there are plenty of renegade bishops out there."
Full article here;
http://www.sfweekly.com/2002-05-22/news/un-or...
Catholics never understood the conciliar and collegial nature of the structure of the Orthodox Church. When I have time I will try to explain it again.The Ortho Church is bot monarchal. Neither was the Original Church. The Original Church was collegial and conciliar and grew organically. The Catholic Church changed the structure.Study the influx of the Visigoths, Odtrogoths, Lombards and particularly the Franks to understand how the Catholic Church changed the structure and the Popes became secular world powers.The Frankish Church.If the Catholic Church has better organization with one head, the Pope, then he is ultimately responsible for all the sexual abuse scandals since his being head means the Church is better control-right? With authority comes responsibility.History and organizational philosophy disputes the old corporate philosophy that centralization is the best organizational approach. Study philosophies of corporate organization.Decades ago corporations decided that deventralization is preferred. In fact the monarchal, archaic structure of the Catholic Church is a major factor inits problems, particularly the sexual abuse sandals.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 4 min Insults Are Easier 48,244
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 5 min RiccardoFire 44,652
Play "end of the word" part 2 (Dec '15) 10 min WasteWater 2,018
Incest 25 min James 6
Jesus and Muhammad were FRAUDS 36 min Diderot 1
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 1 hr Brian_G 445,706
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 1 hr Yellow Star 182,632
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr Buck Crick 971,607
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 8 hr Annaleigh 105,560
More from around the web