Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 687352 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#462830 Jul 17, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
how come first and second century Christian tombs and caves show icons?
How come a ancient Jewish temple unearthed last yr, had a statue of a set of hands praying and another had a statue of a prophet- believed to be Abraham?
The more questions you ask, the more you will better understand your religion and how these doctrines apply to nothing.

Self.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#462831 Jul 17, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
The word "hail" as defined in the dictionary means ---"to greet. welcome, acknowledge, to say hello!! The words "hail Mary" are a greeting, expressing recognition of her as the Mother of Jesus. It has "nothing to do" with worshiping her, as you in your "distorted, perverted and and twisted "anti-catholic" thinking just keep "making these things up"!!
GOD FORBIDS TALKING WITH THE DEAD...AND FAMILIAR SPIRITS

Deu 18:10 There shall not be found among you any one that maketh his son or his daughter to pass through the fire, or that useth divination, or an observer of times, or an enchanter, or a witch,

Deu 18:11 Or a charmer, or

a -->consulter with familiar spirits,<--

or a wizard,

or a necromancer.

-->CONSULTER

H7592
&#1513;&#1473;&#14 88;&#1500; &#1513;&#1473;&#14 88;&#1500;
sha&#770;'al sha&#770;'e&#770;l
shaw-al', shaw-ale'
A primitive root; to inquire; by implication to request; by extension to demand:- ask (counsel, on), beg, borrow, lay to charge, consult, demand, desire, X earnestly, enquire,+ greet, obtain leave, lend, pray, request, require,+ salute, X straitly, X surely, wish.
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#462832 Jul 17, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>you maybe receiving but your not practicing.You are Prideful, Irrogant,and much more.You use the Sacraments as a tool to boast of 'what a good catholic I am' which in itself is sinful.Oh and by the way "the bunch of Bible verses are indeed GODS WORDS. Why do you take the so lightly and mock Confrinting for using them?? Another sinful act.Now lets get into attacking "the faith and salvation of other Christians" Now that's jumping out of the pan into the fire. Another sin.(which I will admit I do it to the catholics here.See honesty is GOOD FOR THE SOUL)Now God,you and your prideful heart do not speak for God either.You have a better chance of God hearing you if you are more humble.The Evil One hears you clearly when you are prideful.
Thanks for you comment Seraphima. Lets put it this way!! I am in need of Gods forgiveness and Grace and confession each and every day, as a sinner just like every other Christian. Just because I profess Jesus Christ every day, acknowledging and worshiping Him in His One (and only one) True Catholic Church doesn't make out to be a arrogant, prideful, or any better of a person than you or anyone else (just because you don't agree) If there is any pride, it is not meant to be in me but in the fact that (I take pride) in knowing that the Church that Jesus formed, initiated and established is "in fact" His One True Church---not the only Church---but His One True Catholic Church. God's Blessing to you!!!
truth

Perth, Australia

#462833 Jul 17, 2013
your real Creator created every river mountains and so on..its creation of you too..as well humans can created too..

#462834 Jul 17, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
The word "hail" as defined in the dictionary means ---"to greet. welcome, acknowledge, to say hello!! The words "hail Mary" are a greeting, expressing recognition of her as the Mother of Jesus. It has "nothing to do" with worshiping her, as you in your "distorted, perverted and and twisted "anti-catholic" thinking just keep "making these things up"!!
DO YOU ORR DO YOU NOT PRAY TO MARY?

DO YOU NOT SAY...

HAIL MARY full of grace..the lord is with thee...

pray for us sinners now and in the time of or death etc,,,

Man you guys can't tell the truth ...why do you disclame what you do

when the whole world is witness to your idolary

what is you real name...You sound like ...BILL CLINTON...
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#462835 Jul 17, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
ACCORDING TO THE SCRIPTURES BELOW
MARY DOES NOT HAVE IMMORTALITY...
1Ti 6:13 I give thee charge in the sight of God, who quickeneth all things, and before Christ Jesus, who before Pontius Pilate witnessed a good confession;
1Ti 6:14 That thou keep this commandment without spot, unrebukeable, until the appearing of our Lord Jesus Christ:
==>JESUS IS THE ONLY ONE IN HEAVEN THAT HAS IMMORTALITY
MARY DOES NOT QUALIFY AND GOD DON'T LIE <===
1Ti 6:15 Which in his times he shall shew, who is the blessed and only Potentate, the King of kings, and Lord of lords;
NOTE
1Ti 6:16 --> Who only hath immortality,<---
dwelling in the light
which no man can approach unto;
whom no man hath seen,
nor can see:
to whom be honour and power everlasting. Amen.
Mary died. Is there another point your trying to make?
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#462836 Jul 17, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Indulgences are offered by the Catholic Church as a way to reduce the amount of time believers spend in purgatory after they confess and have been absolved of their sins.
**what this means is, Christ sacrifice at the cross was not enough**
Not enough for what?
June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#462837 Jul 17, 2013
<quoted text>
From my perspective, you praying to a supposed Christian god is every bit as silly as Catholics praying to Mary.

You crow comparable to a rooster in heat.

Idiot!
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#462838 Jul 17, 2013
<quoted text>
GOD FORBIDS TALKING WITH THE DEAD
Then I suggest you stop talking to yourself.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#462839 Jul 17, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
The Pope is not infallible.
This would have flagged the article as incorrect and inaccurate.
But you continued to post it.
Hmmmm....why do you think the Pope is infallible?
"The Pope is not infallible."

But you are?
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#462840 Jul 17, 2013
<quoted text>
IT IS QUITE EVIDENT YOU ARE NOT AN ANGEL..OR GOD'S MESSENGER..
DEFINITELY NOT GOD...
Neither are you. But that doesn't stop you from claiming to speak for God.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#462841 Jul 17, 2013
<quoted text>
DO YOU NOT SAY...
We repeat what the angel Gabriel said. Don't you ever repeat what Jesus or the apostles said?
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#462842 Jul 17, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
What I don't get is if "God" never charged for his word to be spread to others, why do modern men charge.
"Modern men?"

They charge under the premise that they are taking the money to give to the poor, because as we are fully aware "god" doesn't look after the poor.

What a joke.
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#462843 Jul 17, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Not enough for what?
Indulgences are offered by the Catholic Church as a way to reduce the amount of time believers spend in purgatory after they confess and have been absolved of their sins.

**If this is going to be one of those you dis-approve of like pope johnny kissing the quran just say so now so we don't have to drag it out.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#462844 Jul 17, 2013
Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text> So what you're saying is that you'd like for all of us that believes to just hush huh about religion period?
In part I would like people to stop believing that a god favors their religion and hates all other religions.

Do you believe that is too much to ask of humans that are supposed to have brains???

#462845 Jul 17, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Mary died. Is there another point your trying to make?
MARY DID NOT OBTAIN IMMORTALITY...her spirit ascended to God as other

have...But Mary is not bodily in heaven .

~~~

1Co 15:42 So also is the resurrection of the dead. It is sown in corruption; it is raised in incorruption:

1Co 15:43 It is sown in dishonour; it is raised in glory: it is sown in weakness; it is raised in power:

1Co 15:44 It is sown a natural body; it is raised a spiritual body. There is a natural body, and there is a spiritual body.

1Co 15:45 And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam was made a quickening spirit.

1Co 15:46 Howbeit that was not first which is spiritual, but that which is natural; and afterward that which is spiritual.

1Co 15:47 The first man is of the earth, earthy: the second man is the Lord from heaven.

1Co 15:48 As is the earthy, such are they also that are earthy: and as is the heavenly, such are they also that are heavenly.

1Co 15:49 And as we have borne the image of the earthy, we shall also bear the image of the heavenly.

NOTE -->

1Co 15:50 Now this I say, brethren, that

-->flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God;

neither doth corruption inherit incorruption. <--
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#462846 Jul 17, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
June, you are a very prideful person,
Yes I am. But a don't believe that a god loves me and will send babies and adults of those in other religions to hell.

That is YOUR "calling."
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#462847 Jul 17, 2013
<quoted text>
DO YOU NOT SAY...
It called "intercessory prayer". We do not now, nor have ever "prayed to Mary" which you have been told over and over again. YOU ARE THE ONE, Confrinting that keeps distorting the truth of what the Catholic Church believes and teaches by just "making things up"! You false attacks are better know as just plain ---"lying"

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#462848 Jul 17, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
[email protected], the first time that phrase was used, she was not the Mother of Jesus.

next lie?
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#462849 Jul 17, 2013
The Catechism of the Catholic Church defines purgatory as a "purification, so as to achieve the holiness necessary to enter the joy of heaven," which is experienced by those "who die in GodÂ’s grace and friendship, but still imperfectly purified" (CCC 1030). It notes that "this final purification of the elect ... is entirely different from the punishment of the damned" (CCC 1031).----A catholic lie from the pit of Hell.

Christ's sacrifice was enough for our sins.

Isaiah 53:5 But he was pierced for our transgressions;
he was crushed for our iniquities;
upon him was the chastisement that brought us peace,
and with his wounds we are healed

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 4 min Jimmy D Cricket 31,290
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr Aerobatty 987,377
Family sex (Jul '11) 2 hr Krieten BK 36
Little Jojo 5 hr KoKos Sassy 1
Why Won't The Government Help Against Select Po... (Aug '12) 7 hr Frustrated 268
Most Criminals Are DEMOCRATS! 10 hr Jimmy D Cricket 2
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 11 hr Not Govt Controll... 286,595
More from around the web