Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 665119 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

“YESHUA IS LORD”

Since: Apr 07

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#462787 Jul 17, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus died on the ninth hour...that makes it approximately 3PM..and by the third day had risen.
Herein is your fallacy...
About 3PM to sundown Thursday...one day..
Sundown Thursday to sundown Friday...one night...one day..
Sundown Friday to sundown Saturday...one night ...one day..
Saturday sundown to the rising of the sun on Sunday...one night...one day..
Days: 4 days...3 nights...
Plus: The Catholic Encyclopedia says:
Good Friday - The Friday on which the Church keeps the anniversary of the Crucifixion of Jesus Christ...
Plus: What is Good Friday?
What do Christians Celebrate on Good Friday?
By Mary Fairchild, About.com Guide:
Good Friday is observed on the Friday before Easter Sunday. On this day Christians commemorate the passion, or suffering, and death on the cross of the Lord, Jesus Christ.
There is no doubt that your words say you are as much a Christian as is the Pink Rabbit!!!!!
I always stated that if you on't understand the first 6 chapters of the book of Genesis ACCURATELY, then there is no way youwill be ableto grasp the rest of the scriptures ACCURATELY. That's why the events concerning when Christ was crucified is causing you so much trouble and is so difficult for youto comprehend.

Unless you accurately comprehend the first 6 chapters of Genesis and what really happened in the Garden then you're wasting your time trying to understand the crucifixion events. Even worse, you're wasting my timewith me trying to teach it to you.

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#462788 Jul 17, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Meaning you cannot accept the truth...and cannot refute it...
Oxbore, you just showed who is a liar when you said that I made the statement that you made yourself and I just proved it to you by copying it for everyone to see how much of a liar that you are.

put up your crayons and take your milk and cookies like a "good senile fellow", and let the nurse tuck you in.

“YESHUA IS LORD”

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#462789 Jul 17, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>whoever agreed with you is as dumb as you are. lol
Shabbat is observed from a few minutes before sunset on Friday evening until the appearance of three stars in the sky on Saturday night
Uhh Moron,doesn't matter if thirty stars appear,Sabbath is from evening until evenING and we believe that it's from sunset til sunset LEVITICUS 23:33. There's a reason why we go by the SUN. However I won't bother to go into it at this time because I guarantee you that you're so thick you won't get it.

http://www.cgg.org/index.cfm/fuseaction/Libra...

“YESHUA IS LORD”

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#462790 Jul 17, 2013
Oops. Didn't mean to post that link again,LOL. Well maybe that's Gods way of saying you need to read it again.

“YESHUA IS LORD”

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#462791 Jul 17, 2013
Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>Uhh Moron,doesn't matter if thirty stars appear,Sabbath is from evening until evenING and we believe that it's from sunset til sunset LEVITICUS 23:33. There's a reason why we go by the SUN. However I won't bother to go into it at this time because I guarantee you that you're so thick you won't get it.
http://www.cgg.org/index.cfm/fuseaction/Libra...
Meant to say LEVITICUS 23:32.

“YESHUA IS LORD”

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#462792 Jul 17, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>you always say that about me AFTER I HAVE CALLED YOU OUT BECAUSE OF YOUR BIBLICAL LACK OF KNOWLEDGE.lol
And I'll say it everytime you prove it to be a true statement. And you so called calling me out is like me saying that water is wet and YOU challenging me and saying that it isn't,LOL.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#462793 Jul 17, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>THOSE ARE NOT MY WORDS BUT SOME C&P THAT YOU DID.
HERE ARE MY WORDS. AND MY POST IN ITS ENTIRETY..
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>I am neither catholic nor do I belong to the SBC. my beliefs are that of a definite SECOND WORK of GRACE, and which is that of the Holiness Movement, which follows a very close Walk with the Lord.
you have been told time and time again, that Jesus is God.
so that makes you a heretic of the First degree, in which the Bible tells us what to do with people like you. therefore I am not going to respond further to you about this silly game that you wish to display on this forum.
feel free to call me a coward all that you wish, the honest people on it know that I am not afraid to voice my opinion backed up by the Lord's Word.
now go back and play with your crayons again and don't eat any. if the electric goes out in your nursing home, those crayons will provide light the same as a candle would.
LOOKS LIKE I CAUGHT YOU IN A LIE. NOW GO BACK AND PLAY SOME MORE WITH YOUR CRAYONS.
and you have no credibility with anyone on here. except with your buddy, the old jg who has as bad a filthy mouth as you possess
And here is my response in its entirety:

I did not ask if you are a Catholic. I did not ask if you belong to SBC.

Horse apples...."According to some Christian traditions, a second work of grace is a transforming interaction with God which may occur in the life of a Christian. The defining characteristics of this event are that it is separate from and subsequent to salvation (the first work of grace), and that it brings about significant changes in the life of the believer."

Pure nonsense: In the Holiness movement, the second work of grace is considered to be a cleansing from the tendency to commit sin, an experience called entire sanctification which leads to Christian perfection.

Pentecost was born out of the Holiness Movement. Charles Fox Parham and William Seymour were both Holiness Ministers and used by God to restore Pentecost to the Church.

I added not to your post...I subtracted not from your post..I only
showed the teaching of your beliefs...

Location hidden

#462794 Jul 17, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>Oxbore, you just showed who is a liar when you said that I made the statement that you made yourself and I just proved it to you by copying it for everyone to see how much of a liar that you are.
put up your crayons and take your milk and cookies like a "good senile fellow", and let the nurse tuck you in.
You really don't need to...but thanks for proving my words 110% true!!!

Quote:Meaning you cannot accept the truth...and cannot refute it.
truth

Embleton, Australia

#462795 Jul 17, 2013
every spirit is not holy
noooooooooooooooooooooooooo
it is written

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#462796 Jul 17, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
I spend my time and my Christian life at Daily Mass, receiving Jesus Christ each and every day in the Eucharist (His TRUE body and Blood), as well as listen to, receiving and studying God Word, the Sacraments, and in nightly 1 AM prayer and adoration while you, Confrinting, do nothing but list "a bunch of bible verse" while attacking the faith and salvation of other Christians especially Catholics........ You do not speak for God and never will, until you come to TRUE Salvation in Jesus Christ!!!
you maybe receiving but your not practicing.You are Prideful, Irrogant,and much more.You use the Sacraments as a tool to boast of 'what a good catholic I am' which in itself is sinful.Oh and by the way "the bunch of Bible verses are indeed GODS WORDS. Why do you take the so lightly and mock Confrinting for using them?? Another sinful act.Now lets get into attacking "the faith and salvation of other Christians" Now that's jumping out of the pan into the fire. Another sin.(which I will admit I do it to the catholics here.See honesty is GOOD FOR THE SOUL)Now God,you and your prideful heart do not speak for God either.You have a better chance of God hearing you if you are more humble.The Evil One hears you clearly when you are prideful.
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#462797 Jul 17, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Not all Catholics swallow that swill!!!!!
Eucharist and Belief in the Real Presence
Nine in ten weekly Mass attendees (91 percent) say they believe that Jesus Christ is really present in the Eucharist, compared to two-thirds of those who attend Mass less than weekly but at least once a month (65 percent), and four in ten of those attending Mass a few times a year or less (40 percent).
Plus: That teaching of drinking the actual blood of Christ contradicts:
That ye abstain from meats offered to idols, and from blood, and from things strangled, and from fornication: from which if ye keep yourselves, ye shall do well. Fare ye well.
Which shows a fallible Bible...which it is not....
Believing or not believing in the "Real Presence of Jesus HIMSELF in the Eucharist, is NOT an "opinion poll." I/we as Catholics will leave "personal editorialized opinions" of bible interpretation to the bible only Protestants and there 42,000+ contradicting, conflicting and inconsistent denominations ( correction --42,346, the new number today).

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#462798 Jul 17, 2013
Tony17 wrote:
Oops. Didn't mean to post that link again,LOL. Well maybe that's Gods way of saying you need to read it again.
Gods way...its your way.God is not Prideful.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#462799 Jul 17, 2013
ONE DOES NOT DRINK THE PHYSICAL BLOOD OF JESUS,,,,

JESUS SAID

Mat_15:17 Do not ye yet understand, that whatsoever entereth in at the mouth goeth into the belly, and is cast out into the draught?

Mar_7:19 Because it entereth not into his heart, but into the belly, and goeth out into the draught, purging all meats?

Rom 4:4 Now to him that worketh is the reward not reckoned of grace, but of debt.
Rom 4:5 But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness. Rom

4:7 Saying, Blessed are they whose iniquities are forgiven, and whose sins are covered.

~~~~~~

ONE INGEST JESUS INTO HIS HEART BY ACCEPTING HIM AS THEIR PERSONAL LORD AND SAVIOR..

THE TRUE EUCHARIST IS RECEIVING JESUS INTO ONE'S HEART,

BY FAITH

THUS HAVING CONTINUAL COMMUNION WITH HIM..

BEING ABLE TO SAY...

Gal_2:20 I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.
___

Rom 10:6 But the righteousness which is of faith speaketh on this wise, Say not in thine heart, Who shall ascend into heaven?(that is, to bring Christ down from above:)

Rom 10:7 Or, Who shall descend into the deep?(that is, to bring up Christ again from the dead.)

Rom 10:8 But what saith it? The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach; Rom

10:9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

Rom 10:10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness;and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

Rom 10:11 For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed.

Rom 10:12 For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him. Rom 10:13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.(19 hrs ago | post #462589)
truth

Perth, Australia

#462800 Jul 17, 2013
don't pray for me to your deceiver..no.

evil is evil
in matrix is so long evil

Real Creator exist.
truth

Perth, Australia

#462801 Jul 17, 2013
it is written
small numbers will be save
deceiver liked destroy everybody

my necu=no
why i need believe like you

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#462802 Jul 17, 2013
Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>I always stated that if you on't understand the first 6 chapters of the book of Genesis ACCURATELY, then there is no way youwill be ableto grasp the rest of the scriptures ACCURATELY. That's why the events concerning when Christ was crucified is causing you so much trouble and is so difficult for youto comprehend.
Unless you accurately comprehend the first 6 chapters of Genesis and what really happened in the Garden then you're wasting your time trying to understand the crucifixion events. Even worse, you're wasting my timewith me trying to teach it to you.
That seed of Satan nonsense..He was NOT the tree..Cain was Adams son

#462803 Jul 17, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
ONE DOES NOT DRINK THE PHYSICAL BLOOD OF JESUS,,,,
JESUS SAID
Mat_15:17 Do not ye yet understand, that whatsoever entereth in at the mouth goeth into the belly, and is cast out into the draught?
Mar_7:19 Because it entereth not into his heart, but into the belly, and goeth out into the draught, purging all meats?
Rom 4:4 Now to him that worketh is the reward not reckoned of grace, but of debt.
Rom 4:5 But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness. Rom
4:7 Saying, Blessed are they whose iniquities are forgiven, and whose sins are covered.

ONE INGEST JESUS INTO HIS HEART BY ACCEPTING HIM AS THEIR PERSONAL LORD AND SAVIOR..
THE TRUE EUCHARIST IS RECEIVING JESUS INTO ONE'S HEART,
BY FAITH
THUS HAVING CONTINUAL COMMUNION WITH HIM..
BEING ABLE TO SAY...
Gal_2:20 I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.
___
Rom 10:6 But the righteousness which is of faith speaketh on this wise, Say not in thine heart, Who shall ascend into heaven?(that is, to bring Christ down from above:)
Rom 10:7 Or, Who shall descend into the deep?(that is, to bring up Christ again from the dead.)
Rom 10:8 But what saith it? The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach; Rom
10:9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.
Rom 10:10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness;and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.
Rom 10:11 For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed.
Rom 10:12 For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him. Rom 10:13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.(19 hrs ago | post #462589)
~~~

~~~~~~
THE EUCHARIST IS A SPIRITUAL MEAT AND DRINK..

READ ABOUT ...***THE EXAMPLES ...(THE TYPE AND SHADOW) OF WATER BAPTISM AND COMMUNION THAT WAS PORTRAYED IN THE OLD TESTAMENT...

Co 10:1 Moreover, brethren, I would not that ye should be ignorant, how that all our fathers were under the cloud, and all passed through the sea;

1Co 10:2 And were all baptized unto Moses in the cloud and in the sea;

1Co 10:3 And did all eat the same spiritual meat;

1Co 10:4 And did all drink the same spiritual drink:

for they drank of that spiritual Rock that followed them: and that Rock was Christ.

1Co 10:5 But with many of them God was not well pleased: for they were overthrown in the wilderness.

1Co 10:6 --> Now these things were our*** examples,<-- to the intent we should not lust after evil things, as they also lusted.

1Co 10:7 Neither be ye idolaters, as were some of them; as it is written, The people sat down to eat and drink, and rose up to play.

1Co 10:8 Neither let us commit fornication, as some of them committed, and fell in one day three and twenty thousand.

1Co 10:9 Neither let us tempt Christ, as some of them also tempted, and were destroyed of serpents.

1Co 10:10 Neither murmur ye, as some of them also murmured, and were destroyed of the destroyer.

1Co 10:11 Now all these things happened unto them for*** ensamples: and they are written for our admonition, upon whom the ends of the world are come.

1Co 10:12 Wherefore let him that thinketh he standeth take heed lest he fall.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#462804 Jul 17, 2013
This post is not intended to slam the Orthodox Church, nor to question the truth of her teachings, impugn the integrity and holiness of faithful Orthodox priests and bishops or question the sincerity of the Orthodox faithful. It's sole purpose is to present a perspective from an Orthodox family and to shed light on the organizational issues in the OCA.

"Un-Orthodox Behavior"

Catholicism isn't the only religion with sexual abuse scandals. Three S.F. women are working to expose cases within the Orthodox Church.

By Mark Athitakis Wednesday, May 22 2002

"For years, Vrionis preached at a church he had founded in Queens, a fact that reveals an odd wrinkle in Orthodoxy. Simply put, Vrionis had no business being a priest. In 1970, he was convicted for sexually abusing two other 14-year-old boys while a priest at a Greek Orthodox church. The Greek church defrocked him, Vrionis served his sentence (a small fine and 23 months' probation), and that should have been the end of his ecclesiastical career. But a diligent Orthodox priest can do unusual things. A priest removed from the Catholic Church can't start a maverick Catholic diocese, at least not credibly. But Orthodox priests with questionable backgrounds have routinely launched their own churches and attracted flocks. And when something goes wrong, as it has, assigning blame is an open question.

----------

In the Roman Catholic Church, the chain of command is simple: An infallible pope heads the church, a Council of Cardinals administers bishops, and bishops manage priests in their parishes. The Orthodox Church structure is more complex. To make a long story short (the story begins in 1054 with the Great Schism and the Orthodox rejection of papal authority), Orthodoxy in America is an administrative mess. Instead of having a top-down hierarchy, the church is fractured into a variety of self-regulating organizations, which roughly break down along ethnic lines: the Greek Orthodox Archdiocese, the Serbian Orthodox Church, the Orthodox Church in America, which is mainly Russian, and many others.

Those separate spheres have long been a source of dismay for the Orthodox faithful -- the patriarch of Constantinople, visiting the U.S. in 1990, called it "truly a scandal" -- and they are a source of confusion as well, which has led to a growth industry in renegade Orthodox groups in recent years.

"There have been little offshoots all along, but it's mushroomed over the past 30, 40 years," says Phillip Lucas, a professor of religious studies at Stetson University in DeLand, Fla., who has studied Orthodox fringe groups. "Part of it has to do with the entrepreneurial way that religion is done in America. If somebody is disgruntled, he just leaves and starts a new church. That's as American as Mom and apple pie. He'll say,'If I can find a couple bishops to ordain me, I can keep on.' And there are plenty of renegade bishops out there."

Full article here;

http://www.sfweekly.com/2002-05-22/news/un-or...

#462805 Jul 17, 2013
1Co 10:7 Neither be ye --->idolaters,<--- as were some of them; as it is written, The people sat down to eat and drink, and rose up to play.

--->idolaters,<---DEFINE D IN GREEK

G1496
&#949;&#953;&#787; &#948;&#969;&#955; &#959;&#955;&#945; &#769;&#964;&#961; &#951;&#962;
eido&#772;lolatre&#772 ;s
i-do-lol-at'-race
From G1497 and the base of G3000; an image (servant or) worshipper (literally or figuratively):- idolater.

GOD IS AGAINST IMAGES STATUES ICONS AND IDOLS ...

WHY NOT BE OBEDIENT TO GOD AND REMOVE THEM FROM YOUR CHURCHES...
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#462806 Jul 17, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
~~~~~~
THE EUCHARIST IS A SPIRITUAL MEAT AND DRINK..
READ ABOUT ...***THE EXAMPLES ...(THE TYPE AND SHADOW) OF WATER BAPTISM AND COMMUNION THAT WAS PORTRAYED IN THE OLD TESTAMENT...
Co 10:1 Moreover, brethren, I would not that ye should be ignorant, how that all our fathers were under the cloud, and all passed through the sea;
1Co 10:2 And were all baptized unto Moses in the cloud and in the sea;
1Co 10:3 And did all eat the same spiritual meat;
1Co 10:4 And did all drink the same spiritual drink:
for they drank of that spiritual Rock that followed them: and that Rock was Christ.
1Co 10:5 But with many of them God was not well pleased: for they were overthrown in the wilderness.
1Co 10:6 --> Now these things were our*** examples,<-- to the intent we should not lust after evil things, as they also lusted.
1Co 10:7 Neither be ye idolaters, as were some of them; as it is written, The people sat down to eat and drink, and rose up to play.
1Co 10:8 Neither let us commit fornication, as some of them committed, and fell in one day three and twenty thousand.
1Co 10:9 Neither let us tempt Christ, as some of them also tempted, and were destroyed of serpents.
1Co 10:10 Neither murmur ye, as some of them also murmured, and were destroyed of the destroyer.
1Co 10:11 Now all these things happened unto them for*** ensamples: and they are written for our admonition, upon whom the ends of the world are come.
1Co 10:12 Wherefore let him that thinketh he standeth take heed lest he fall.
In John 6 Jesus clearly and unambiguously states we are to eat His body and drink His blood to have eternal life. He clearly and unambiguously states in the Last Supper narratives that the bread is His body, the wine His blood.

The Eucharist is ALSO a spiritual meal, it is not an either/or. Additionally, saying something is spiritual does not mean it's symbolic. Spiritual is not the same as symbolic. Protestants teach that their communion is symbolic.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Future of Politics in America 12 min Nohweh 179
Secular Humanism VS Christianity 16 min Unbannable 17
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 19 min Unbannable 87,867
Ever notice how MTV promotes interracial dating? (Jun '08) 55 min azari111 2
Christians cannot debate with ATHEISTS 2 hr Truth-be-Told 446
Why east indians buy all the motels (Sep '09) 2 hr Enough is enough 42
News The 'Fake News' Con: A Case Study 2 hr Caesar 5
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 5 hr Pegasus 284,467
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 20 hr nanoanomaly 977,190
More from around the web