Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 685462 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#462713 Jul 16, 2013

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#462714 Jul 16, 2013
We can all learn thing from this beautiful angel!!!
bible buster

Mount Prospect, IL

#462715 Jul 16, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
are you flustered, bible buster, by the truth that is in the Bible about people like you.
UUMMM,I got news for ya.Not one author is known in the so called bible.FYI.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#462716 Jul 16, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
who="Oxbow"
A Christian would answer these questions in less than a nano second...evidently you can't:
Does this verse teach Christ is God: Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:
Do you agree with the following teaching, that is supported by Scripture???
SBC:
Christ is the eternal Son of God. In His incarnation as Jesus Christ He was conceived of the Holy Spirit and born of the virgin Mary. Jesus perfectly revealed and did the will of God, taking upon Himself human nature with its demands and necessities and identifying Himself completely with mankind yet without sin...
And: The Catholics:
Jesus Christ, the incarnate Son of God...redeemer of the human Race..
I'm getting concerned for you. This 'thought' is in no way related to my post.
KayMarie
I have asked him before..I have no idea what point his,questions,are for.

About Jesus being The Son of God?? Yes He is but not sure what else he wants us to say ..do you know
Guest55

Cape Girardeau, MO

#462717 Jul 16, 2013
who="jethro8"we have free will? so we don't have to follow the book of rules alleged to be the words of a god on how we are suppose to live and pray to him? and nothing bad will happen to us if we do this? if we freely choose not to believe what is written? if heaven exists we will still be allowed to go there? like I posted a few minutes ago, I keep hearing from religious people say god has a plan for us, if that is true how can we have free will? if our lives are already mapped out for us by some great plan by a god?
God kindly gives you the FREE WILL to decide between HIS PLAN, and your own...
KayMarie
Well.....I don't believe that man can supersede Gods will and make that chose. God has to make the first move on a person or he will always be in a lost condition. Jethro8 is correct because salvation is of the Lord, the author and finisher in ones faith. If you claim a right of a free will chose the finishing part of salvation will belong to you. If it belongs to you then you can clearly boast of how by your own free will you have saved yourself. Anyone can be saved but, it will be by the sovereign grace of God and not by ones so called free will.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#462718 Jul 16, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
We can all learn thing from this beautiful angel!!!
It did not say..But I pray she knew,Jesus,...

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#462719 Jul 16, 2013
Guest55 wrote:
<quoted text>Well.....I don't believe that man can supersede Gods will and make that chose. God has to make the first move on a person or he will always be in a lost condition. Jethro8 is correct because salvation is of the Lord, the author and finisher in ones faith. If you claim a right of a free will chose the finishing part of salvation will belong to you. If it belongs to you then you can clearly boast of how by your own free will you have saved yourself. Anyone can be saved but, it will be by the sovereign grace of God and not by ones so called free will.
Salvation is a free gift.

Grace .Faith ..all free

But as with any gift ..it's given..But to have a benefit from that gift ..one must receive it .

The free will comes from the freedom to open the gift or give it back unopened ..

THE GIFT IS MIST DEFINITELY GODS work ..But we are free to throw it right back ...in The trash.
Dust Storm

Minneapolis, MN

#462720 Jul 16, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Would insurance companies,even give out information in their clients.
I am sure abuse occurs in any place where adults,are in authority ..including homes..And even some cults c claiming to be Christian.
But something about that report rings less. Than truthful ..imo.
Fir one thing the settings in Protestant churches tend to be more group oriented ..
But hey..even one case is too many in ANY setting. Imo
There is nothing untruthful about it at all. It is facts reported by credible sources.

Notwithstanding the media hysteria over sex abuse in the Catholic Church, priests abuse at a rate far lower than that of other males. While even one case of abuse is too many, approximately only 4% of all active priests between 1950 and 2002 were even ACCUSED of abuse – a rate far lower than that of other males in the general population.

Newsweek magazine, April 7, 2010:

"[B]ased on the surveys and studies conducted by different denominations over the past 30 years, experts who study child abuse say they see little reason to conclude that sexual abuse is mostly a Catholic issue.'We don't see the Catholic Church as a hotbed of this or a place that has a bigger problem than anyone else,' said Ernie Allen, president of the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children …

"Experts disagree on the rate of sexual abuse among the general American male population, but Allen says a conservative estimate is one in 10. Margaret Leland Smith, a researcher at the John Jay College of Criminal Justice, says her review of the numbers indicates it’s closer to one in 5 …

"Since the mid-1980s, insurance companies have offered sexual misconduct coverage as a rider on liability insurance, and their own studies indicate that Catholic churches are not higher risk than other congregations … It's been that way for decades."

USA Today, June 6, 2010:

"If anyone believes that priests offend at a higher rate than teachers or non-celibate clergy, then they should produce the evidence on which they are basing that conclusion. I know of none. Saying 'everybody knows' does not constitute scientific methodology."
– Dr. Philip Jenkins, Pennsylvania State University. Protestant
Guest55

Cape Girardeau, MO

#462721 Jul 16, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Salvation is a free gift.
Grace .Faith ..all free
But as with any gift ..it's given..But to have a benefit from that gift ..one must receive it .
The free will comes from the freedom to open the gift or give it back unopened ..
THE GIFT IS MIST DEFINITELY GODS work ..But we are free to throw it right back ...in The trash.
Well....it is a gift of grace but only to the ones intended to receive it and they will not reject it. If you believe it can be rejected you believe a falsehood.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#462722 Jul 16, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
New Age Spiritual Leader:
It is more like God makes himself available, and men use and abuse His availability, to which you complain....This has been done thought history, and I don't think it will change anytime soon.
Its okay though because God is very patient and forgiving....
You misunderstand me, I don't complain, I'm pointing out facts.

I will never buy a Bible nor will I ever purchase a cross.

I don't think anyone should profit off of Jesus or "God".

IMHO - since "greed" is one of the deadly sins, many so-called "Christians" will find the demise they shun upon others, to be their very own - if one is to believe in this kind of thing.
- Since I don't believe that a loving Father will shun me to my demise, I guess I can't really believe in a "hell" as others do.

*shrugs*

Albuquerque, NM

#462723 Jul 16, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
New Age Spiritual Leader:
Lol....And you don't think National Geographic had some ulterior motive?
Rather naïve of you...(smiles)
I get at least once a month a "renew" your subscription pleading from National Geographic. I wonder why, and where they get the money to print up, and send their mail?
I suppose if I gave them some money they would go away? lol
Nicely said!! LOL!

If there was an ulterior motive by NG, IMO - it would be related to giving the world what Christianity failed to do, reveal a part of Jesus that was rejected by men.

This is a good thing.

“YESHUA IS LORD”

Since: Apr 07

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#462724 Jul 16, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Was He not in the tomb over the SABBATH ..
The weekly sabbath is from friday sundown until sunday sundown. Christ rose after the sabbath during the night before daybreak on what we call sunday .

“YESHUA IS LORD”

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#462725 Jul 16, 2013
Ooops, faux pas. Meant to say the weekly Sabbath is from friday sundown until saturday sundown.

Albuquerque, NM

#462726 Jul 16, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
New Age Spiritual Leader
I wholeheartedly agree with you on this jealousy issue.
But because it is a vice that expresses a sort of rage and anger, it is a difficult demon to slay. It comes back to life if one is not watching, in many different forms.
I suppose it is more recognizable when one has fought the demon within many times. Its head is PRIDE.
I'll disagree it is difficult.

'If one dwells in love, one will become what one dwells in. If one dwells in evil [many different types and names], on will become what one dwells in.'

It really all depends upon honesty, Self, and and out change toward others. We all have it within us to ward off 'demons'[faults, misgivings, failures], and one can achieve success, if will power is put to the task. Again we speak of Self and the mind.
- If Dave Nelson is reading this, no thinking by the 'heart' is involved. Boo-YAH!!:o)

One just needs to take responsibility for their actions.

No religion required, and for sure, the RCC can't do a darn thing about it either. But low and behold, they think they can.

OOOOOOOOOOOO-OOOOOOOOOO!!!
*shakes his hands, as if at the "boogeyman"*

:o)

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#462727 Jul 16, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
If there are 'no reliable studies" as you said above, then why on Earth would you imply its more rampant in the CC than other churches?
Are you just guessing?
Btw, there are independent reliable studies. One is the Jon Jay report that the Catholic Church asked to get involved. The Church was very interested in getting to the bottom of the crisis.
I dont know how to explain any better. I told you my concerns about studies of churches. I am aware of the John Jay study.I explained some of the specific factors that have to be accounted for to do a reliable study.I also explained the foundation of my belief that there is more in the Cath church. That is all I can do.

Albuquerque, NM

#462728 Jul 16, 2013
Sorry HB typo....

"It really all depends upon honesty, Self, and and out change toward others."

should've been:
It really all depends upon honesty, Self, and the outward change toward others.

“YESHUA IS LORD”

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#462729 Jul 16, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Was He not in the tomb over the SABBATH ..
Also do you understand what a HIGH SABBATH is? A high Sabbath can fall on any day of the week. The holy days Israel was ordered to observe etc are all HIGH SABBATH DAYS. They can fall on any day of the week.

Albuquerque, NM

#462730 Jul 16, 2013
who="New Age Spiritual Leader"
I didn't say this.
The Bible should be free. Why pay for "God's word", if it truly was "God's word".
Did "God" charge Moses? Throughout history, did "God" charge anyone to receive "His word"?
- no "He" didn't. Only men have.
Let me suggest that YOU print Bibles and build churches for free. NO ??? Suddenly you realize that it costs someone something.
Perhaps you can get General Motors or Toyota to provide you an automobile for free.
KayMarie
I've done my work with charities. Building/construction has not been one of them.

FYI - General Motors or Toyota don't make products that reflect Jesus or "God".

Unless you have a GM or Toyota "Popemobile". Do you?
- As of yet, no American car company has produced a protective car for the Pope.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Popemobile

Your argument has failed.

BTW - why are you supporting companies to profit off of Jesus and "God"? Are you one of those companies?

“YESHUA IS LORD”

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#462731 Jul 16, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Every bible-reader believes he/she reads those words from the viewpoint of "god."
You are simply as deluded as are the others ... but it makes you feel very powerful to believe that you can preach truth and others that disagree with you are "sadly" misguided. Others commit the same folly from their own points of view of how "god" is guiding them.
And so it goes. It's all based on human arrogance ... "I see "god's" truth ... and when you disagree with ME ... YOU are all liars."
Religion is silly stuff in deed!
So what you're saying is that you'd like for all of us that believes to just hush huh about religion period? Be gone thy spirit of Jezebel.

Albuquerque, NM

#462732 Jul 16, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
It costs money to publish and print bibles..many Don a 're some to the poor ..overseas..or people buy them to offset the cost of printing and publishing. The book..And sine who but them make them available fir free in Churches or in missions ...
The bible is all over..someone has to pay fir the actual book ...YES.
SO F A R we still live in a buy and sell world ..though it seems fir some reason you think everything should be free.
If no one paid for them...there would be no mire publishing and printing..why don't you get that
I see and understand. You encourage companies to profit off of Jesus and "God".

Most "Christians" are probably with you on this, so I can see how you would promote such deals.

Are you one of those companies?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 18 min UIDIOTRACEMAKEWOR... 24,634
News Gov. Abbott suggests 'bathroom bill' is likely ... 2 hr e williams 3
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 hr nanoanomaly 985,583
Sarah George 3 hr Rememberboys 1
News GOP not interested in health care for us 4 hr discocrisco 1
OVERWHELMED...by God's blessings 6 hr Doctor REALITY 12
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 6 hr Jake999 619,749
David Duke: "We're going to take our country ba... 6 hr Doctor REALITY 32
More from around the web