Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Comments (Page 22,308)

Showing posts 446,141 - 446,160 of529,846
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 15, 2013

Judged:

atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>pick on some one else, I HAVE NEVER DRANK A BEER IN MY LIFE, AND ONLY DRANK WINE TWICE(ONE WAS HOMEMADE AND TASTED TERRIBLE. THE OTHER WAS bOONESFARM OR SOMETHING LIKE THAT. TWO OR THREE SIPS WAS ABOUT IT.
and that was over 30 years ago
I did not accuse you of drinking a beer...nor wine!!!!

And if you did drink wine, what of it....Was not wine on the table at the last supper????? Is that not why the Catholics erroneously teach the wine turns into the actual blood of Christ when the priest does his munbo-jumbo act at the altar?????

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 15, 2013

confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
BLESSINGS TO YOU FOR ABSTAINING FROM ALCOHOL.
HAVING TAUGHT IN A DRUG AND ALCOHOL REHAB...
I CAN TRUTHFULLY SAY... FROM MY OBSERVATION
OF THE RESULTS OF IT THERE..
Pro_20:1 Wine is a mocker, strong drink is raging: and whosoever is deceived thereby is not wise.
I HAVE NEVER IN MY 79 YEARS (KNOWINGLY) DRANK ANY ALCOHOL OF ANY KIND.
Are you saying it is wrong to drink wine???
Dust Storm

Pipestone, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 15, 2013

Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text> http://queeringthechurch.com/2011/01/11/pope-...
you really believe that this is the TRUE CHURCH of CHRIST! lol
Posting rubbish like a strip tease, or other nonsense is just more false witness. All you did is post inflammator information and from the link you posted it warns of the author who wrote it. The pellegrinnis always go shirtless for their acts. I wonder if it was a gay circus everyywhere else they performed? I guess thats why all the Orthrodox Patriarchs were so fond and had so much respect of of Pope Benedict, none of which you have ever exhibited, but then your knowledge of your so called true church has been shown lacking on several occasions.

In 1990 the Pellegrinis left Italy for a great experience in Ringling Brothers and Barnum and Bailey Circus in the U.S.A, which has exposed them to work in front of 10.000 people per show. At the same time they were requested in the play offs season (NBA) to perform before each game. In 1993 the participated to the Festival of Monte Carlo winning the special jury price “Loews” and were chosen to display at the Gala Bal de la Rose in honor of Princess Caroline. From there they had a 4 year contract in one of the most prestigious places to perform, the famous” Lido de Paris”.

After 4 successful years in Lido de Paris, The Pellegrinis had an incredible decade working in the most known Variete and Dinner shows in Germany, such as Friedrichstadpalast in Berlin, Tiger Palast Variete in Frankfurt, Apollo Variete in Dusseldorf, and every Christmas they displayed In various Palazzo Dinner shows. During the same period in 2002 they were invited to perform at the Warsaw
International Circus Festival where they received, as special guests, a unique price to their career , and in 2003 they were requested to perform at the 15th annual Arnold Schwarznegger Classic Fitness expo (U.S.A.).

In February 2006 they were chosen to perform at the closing ceremony at the Winter Olympic Games in Turin, and that same year in June they participated to the first International Festival in Moscow, where they won the Gold Medal. After winning all these important competitions, in 2008 they had the honor to being invited, for the second time, to the most famous Circus Festival worldwide, the Festival of Monte Carlo where they were the First price winners of the prestigious Golden Clown.

The Pellegrinis also participated in several TV shows such as Star in der Manege in Munich Germany or Le plus grand Cabaret du Monde in Paris France. Moreover they displayed in several Galas for famous presentations like new Caterpillar and new BMW cars. In October 2010 they participated to the German TV show “Das Super Talent”.

In December they had the honor to perform in front of the Pope Benedict XVI at his weekly audience in the Vatican. As in their usual show, they took off their shirts, so they did it also in front of the Pope, and this generated the media from all over the world to talk about these “4 brothers who tore off their shirts in front of the Pope”. Italy, Germany, France, Russia, Australia, England , U.S.A. with Abc news, and even on the Washington Post. The Pellegrini Brothers since September 2009 are successfully working in the Famous Dinner show “Fantissima” in the amusement Park Phantasialand in Brühl- Köln (Germany).

http://pellegrinibrothers.com/about/history/
Tiger Lily

New Zealand

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 15, 2013

Question: Which is the Sabbath day?

"Answer: Saturday is the Sabbath day.

"Question: Why do we observe Sunday instead of Saturday?"

Answer: We observe Sunday instead of Saturday because the Catholic Church in the Council of Laodicea, transferred the solemnity from Saturday to Sunday."- Peter Geiermann, C.S.S.R, The Converts Catechism of Catholic Doctrine Third Edition.

"And where are we told in the Scriptures we are to keep the first day at all?

We are commanded to keep the seventh; but we are nowhere commanded to keep the first day...

The reason why we keep the first day of the week instead of the seventh is for the same reason we observe many other things, not because the Bible, but because the church has enjoined it." -Anglican -Isaac Williams- Plain Sermons on the Catechism.

"The Bible commandment says on the seventh day thou shalt rest.

That is Saturday.

Nowhere in the Bible it is laid down that worship should be done on Sunday."- Episcopal-Philip Carrington, Toronto Daily Star, October 26, 1949.

"There was and is a commandment to keep holy the Sabbath day, but that Sabbath day was not Sunday. It will be said, however and with some show of triumph, that the Sabbath was transferred from seventh to the first day of the week... where can the record of such a transaction be found?

Not in the New Testament absolutely not... of course, I quite well know that Sunday did come into use in early Christian history...

But what a pity it comes branded with the mark of the sun god, ADOPTED AND SANCTIONED BY THE PAPAL APOSTASY, and bequeathed as secret legacy to Protestantism."- Baptist Dr. Edward T. Hiscox,-a paper read before a New York ministers' conference, Nov. 13, 1893, reported in New York Examiner, Nov. 16, 1893.

And the early church with the apostles observed the Sabbath, no wonder Paul says, "For he spake in a certain place of the seventh day on this wise, And God did rest the seventh day from all his works...

There remaineth therefore a rest to the people of God. For he that is entered into his rest, he also ceased from his own works, as God did from his.

Let us labour therefore to enter into that rest, lest any man fall after the same example of unbelief." - Hebrews 4:4,9,10,11.

And by the way the Sabbath start from evening to evening, that is from Friday evening to Saturday evening.
WHY?

Because a day in the Bible start from evening to evening, that is why in Genesis 1 after each day of creation it say "...and the evening and the morning..."... this day and that day...who are we going to follow? God or man's commands? Think about this.

http://www.news24.com/MyNews24/Remember-the-S...
Dust Storm

Pipestone, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 15, 2013

RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok actually makes,sense ..surprisingly .
I say if it IS indeed s till wine ..water it down ..
But I see your point
http://www.ewtn.com/library/liturgy/zlitur39....

http://webpages.marshall.edu/~trimbol3/4thcup...

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 15, 2013

Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>I will admit that I am not as knowledgeable about my faith as I should be. And I will admit that I do not have the answer that you seek.I begame Greek Orthodox when I married Nick a few years ago.So I am new to the faith.And if it makes you feel better to call me a fraud than I am happy that I made your day.And you are correct about nick,He is a great guy and a super human being and I can and do learn a lot from him.He is my world! So sorry to have disappointed you...and I truly mean that.
Thank you for responding.

"And I will admit that I do not have the answer that you seek."

This is the honesty I was looking for, which you could have stated right from the beginning, but instead, you decided to drag it out to the level we did. But you did manage to reach a spot in the discussion that did allow you to dig deep inside your mind and admit this statement. I'll retract my comment and apologize for doing so. Though it was a strong word to use, you can see how it does apply to those who are not dishonest.

I agree, you should learn what you 'practice'- many do not, and you openly admitted your lack of this knowledge.

Although I do ask some "tough questions", they really are very simple to answer - if one is truly an honest person.

I do wonder, how and if you don't know those answer, how can you legitimately be a so-called "Christian"?

Like I've said in the past - to believe in someone - partially, like Jesus (as "Christians" do), and claim he is complete within those "half-teachings", then that person is not only lying openly to others, but more importantly lying openly to themselves.

A fraudulent character is then revealed.

Do you think that lying is acceptable in religion?

Thanks again for responding.
Clay

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 15, 2013

Judged:

Tiger Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
Clay, are you saying the Bible is invalid for instruction in righteousness?
The fact that the Bible proclaims a seventh day Sabbath seems to elude you.
Nothing compares to the Bible for authority as God's word.
So many of those who succeeded Christ wrote articles which were in error when compared with scripture.
Much of it came from corrupt popes and bishops.
God will reveal the truth to those who really seek it.
Those who reject God's word as in the scriptures will never find the truth and will wander from precept to precept written by those who were also deceived.
If the Roman Catholic Church were indeed apostolic, it would follow what the apostles practiced, not what was introduced maybe centuries later.
Christ kept the seventh day Sabbath and so should all Christians.
Do you know there is talk amongst psychologist, about diagnosing religious fanatics as having a certain level of mental illness? I think I saw one story about it here on Topics last week.

There is a point where a guy like me just throws in the towel because I'm dealing with mind boggling ignorance from you.
Keep Saturday Holy if you want. I could care less. As a Catholic I'm going to continue gathering with my breathern on Sunday to celebrate the Holy Mass like the Apostles commanded; the day the Lord rose is Sunday. Sunday was established long before the Council of Laodicea proclaimed it official.

People like you forced the Church to hold council because you go around preaching false Christianitys. Then, when the Church publicly reaffirms certain teachings at these councils (like Sabbath worship), you turn around and stab them in the back, saying: "see everyone, the Roman Catholic Church just invented another doctrine Blah Blah".

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 15, 2013

jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>he doesn't favor you or anyone, do you see a god interceding in anyone's life? stopping the stupidity going on in the middle east? or stopping anything evil from going on? I don't, is he afraid to? does Lucifer (love that name) scare him? he is letting him run things it appears, including (snicker) his true church. they just gave saint hood to two past popes who supposedly performed two miracles, I did not see them do this did you? or anyone here? they pay a few poor people some money to come forward and say pope Paul touched me and now i'm cured of (whatever she had), how can you prove he actually did it? you can't, and why don't they film these events to prove it's possible for a pope to do something like that, the only answer that there can be is it is all a hoax.
Hey Jethro...don't you think, if there was a "deity" as claimed by the abrahamics, it would "step in" and straighten out the horrendous problems between those despicable sectarians?...AND WHAT ABOUT THE 2000 YEARS OF ATROCITIES(by it's adherents)IN IT'S NAME?
I thoyght this deity was supposed to have changed it's mind about the sacrifice and murder of the OT at the advent of Jesus. I got worse rather than better....the cathaholics being the absolute most dispicable example in history.
And they want "respect"?
I think NOT!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 15, 2013

RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
What I find extremely sad is how people judge GOD by the people who
attend Churches.
If they act cleanly ..That is not from God or Godly at all
We are to love our neighbor ..That means our fellow humans.
Just sayin
YOU may be that way R., but the majority of your church is NOT.

“Greatest Love”

Since: Aug 08

For His Creation

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 15, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
Please "god" ... I beg you ... if you hear my pleas, strike me dead this moment so that every devout believer in every religion will know for sure that you exist.
THERE ... that ought to do it.
Wow,..that's scary ..seriously .

Luckily for you..at the moment..He does not answer to you.

You.will meet Him.in His timing June.

And you are correct when you said..if there is not a hereafter ..you won't know.

BUT what if there I'd ..And you meet Him face to face..

I don't want an answer PLEASE ..as it would probably be just as awful.as your.post

Just when you go to bed at night think about..WHAT IF THERE IS???
Tiger Lily

New Zealand

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 15, 2013

QUESTION: Was the Church built on Saint Peter, as Jesus apparently indicated in Matthew 16:17-18?

ANSWER: The true Church is built upon the living Christ, the false Church is built upon a dead man.

Let me explain: Peter had just given a marvelous testimony.

He said to Jesus,“You are the Christ, the Son of the Living God.”

It is upon that mighty truth that the true Church is built.

This is the eternal Rock on which God’s Church securely rests.

All the way through Holy Scripture, Christ the second person of the Godhead, is called the Rock,“…That Rock was Christ”(1 Corinthians 10:4).

See also the following texts: Deuteronomy 32:4,15,18,31 and Psalm 18:2,31,46; 28:1; 62:2; 78:35; 92:15.

Christ, the Living Rock, permanent, safe, secure, immovable and everlasting, is the foundation on which His Church is built.

“For no one can lay any foundation other than the one already laid, which is Jesus Christ.”(1 Corinthians 3:11)

Pr. John Carter
Clay

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 15, 2013

Judged:

Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text> http://queeringthechurch.com/2011/01/11/pope-...
you really believe that this is the TRUE CHURCH of CHRIST! lol
I'm starting to see a side of you that raises some eyebrows. I see a sorta coniving Sera. It seems like you're willing to throw many things out there in order to smear the Catholic Church. I think its a deceptive tactic and I don't like it.
I will keep my distance until further notice.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 15, 2013

Judged:

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
If the devil is making people lie, then your god should shoot the S.O.B. But instead your god uses the devil to burn souls in hell that refuse to believe in god.
Stupid dogmas for stupid people!
INDEED!

If this deity so hates "evil", then [WHY] does he allow it to continue...or even exist.

I see a totally different equation here.
It is the "true self" of the deity presented... when the deity was found to be unacceptable by the masses....and "satan" was invented to deflect the deity's true attributes.
YHVH is "Enlil" who "hated" mankind.
Enki(who created and loved mankind) was construed by religionist priests as the serpent(the symbol of the doctor/geneticist), and the evil one.

Actually it is completely contrary to what you have been taught....and even ~that~ is incorrect.
It is known that "Enki" brought civilization(mankind) to this planet well over 70,000 years ago.
Tiger Lily

New Zealand

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 15, 2013

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you know there is talk amongst psychologist, about diagnosing religious fanatics as having a certain level of mental illness? I think I saw one story about it here on Topics last week.
There is a point where a guy like me just throws in the towel because I'm dealing with mind boggling ignorance from you.
Keep Saturday Holy if you want. I could care less. As a Catholic I'm going to continue gathering with my breathern on Sunday to celebrate the Holy Mass like the Apostles commanded; the day the Lord rose is Sunday. Sunday was established long before the Council of Laodicea proclaimed it official.
People like you forced the Church to hold council because you go around preaching false Christianitys. Then, when the Church publicly reaffirms certain teachings at these councils (like Sabbath worship), you turn around and stab them in the back, saying: "see everyone, the Roman Catholic Church just invented another doctrine Blah Blah".
What rubbish you talk, Clay. Not much point in trying to get through to you.
Did you watch the video about the Baptist Pastor?
No, of course not. Too bigotted.

“Greatest Love”

For His Creation

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 15, 2013

Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>I will admit that I am not as knowledgeable about my faith as I should be. And I will admit that I do not have the answer that you seek.I begame Greek Orthodox when I married Nick a few years ago.So I am new to the faith.And if it makes you feel better to call me a fraud than I am happy that I made your day.And you are correct about nick,He is a great guy and a super human being and I can and do learn a lot from him.He is my world! So sorry to have disappointed you...and I truly mean that.
Is this the poster who wanted you to prove
.when we were praying..That prayer does not work .

That is not a serious request .

And Imho ..you are as find a Christian as I have met .

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 15, 2013

Judged:

New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you for responding.
"And I will admit that I do not have the answer that you seek."
This is the honesty I was looking for, which you could have stated right from the beginning, but instead, you decided to drag it out to the level we did. But you did manage to reach a spot in the discussion that did allow you to dig deep inside your mind and admit this statement. I'll retract my comment and apologize for doing so. Though it was a strong word to use, you can see how it does apply to those who are not dishonest.
I agree, you should learn what you 'practice'- many do not, and you openly admitted your lack of this knowledge.
Although I do ask some "tough questions", they really are very simple to answer - if one is truly an honest person.
I do wonder, how and if you don't know those answer, how can you legitimately be a so-called "Christian"?
Like I've said in the past - to believe in someone - partially, like Jesus (as "Christians" do), and claim he is complete within those "half-teachings", then that person is not only lying openly to others, but more importantly lying openly to themselves.
A fraudulent character is then revealed.
Do you think that lying is acceptable in religion?
Thanks again for responding.
No I don't believe in lying period! I honestly did not intend to drag anything out.I didn't give much thought to your post as I didn't read it thoroughly.When I am on my computer I am called away alot by nick several times to do something for him or get something or medication time so by the time I get back to my computer,alot of the times I just go to the last page to catch up..and when I have time I scroll back...And honestly I am not the one to answer any questions about my faith.I can only answer what I know.Nick is the one to go to if you have questions about Orthodoxy.I will make it a point from now on to slow down and scan over the posts more carefully to make sure one is not getting by me...

“Greatest Love”

For His Creation

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 15, 2013

Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
INDEED!
If this deity so hates "evil", then [WHY] does he allow it to continue...or even exist.
I see a totally different equation here.
It is the "true self" of the deity presented... when the deity was found to be unacceptable by the masses....and "satan" was invented to deflect the deity's true attributes.
YHVH is "Enlil" who "hated" mankind.
Enki(who created and loved mankind) was construed by religionist priests as the serpent(the symbol of the doctor/geneticist), and the evil one.
Actually it is completely contrary to what you have been taught....and even ~that~ is incorrect.
It is known that "Enki" brought civilization(mankind) to this planet well over 70,000 years ago.
They were demons posing as gods..according to legend.

Most of the false gods laugh at you all who deny the True GOD.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 15, 2013

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm starting to see a side of you that raises some eyebrows. I see a sorta coniving Sera. It seems like you're willing to throw many things out there in order to smear the Catholic Church. I think its a deceptive tactic and I don't like it.
I will keep my distance until further notice.
We were never close clay....co997niving how Clay?What I post here about he catholic church is a drop compare to the smearing the church does on its own...The side of me that you see Clay is the side that you don't like because it exposes the truth.
Clay

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 15, 2013

Judged:

Tiger Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
What rubbish you talk, Clay. Not much point in trying to get through to you.
Did you watch the video about the Baptist Pastor?
No, of course not. Too bigotted.
What Baptist pastor?

Look Tiger, there is no point in debating anything with you. When you were on here last, we went over this Sabbath subject in detail. I provided links, letters, and quotes from the early Christian Church -who indeed called themselves Catholic- showing that they observed Sunday because the Apostles taught them so. Sunday didn't come from the Roman Empire. It couldn't have, they were too busy persecuting Christians!

But you do not care. As long as you can convince your brain, that the council of Laodicea installed Sunday to coincide with Sun god worship, I guess you feel your hands are washed.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 15, 2013

RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok actually makes,sense ..surprisingly .
I say if it IS indeed s till wine ..water it down ..
But I see your point
Praez de Laud!!! De lite she done come on!!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 446,141 - 446,160 of529,846
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

638 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 8 min ocxz 114,597
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 9 min BenAdam 598,725
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 11 min feces for jesus 716,306
Ask Me A Trivia Question -- 2 -- (Mar '10) 16 min B-long 191,414
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 17 min Charlie Sheen 255,652
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 19 min RiccardoFire 93,179
Sarah Palin: 'It's Time to Impeach' 29 min yon 6
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 29 min Buck Crick 223,132
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 35 min WildWeirdWillie 171,430