Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 554,471
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story
Clay

United States

#462396 Jul 15, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>We were never close clay....co997niving how Clay?What I post here about he catholic church is a drop compare to the smearing the church does on its own...The side of me that you see Clay is the side that you don't like because it exposes the truth.
"We were never close, Clay"

lol, no, I don't even know you. I said I'm going to keep my distance, but not because I thought we were close. I meant that I once considered you a respectable poster. An honest poster. But since that time you implied there is only child sexual abuse in the Catholic Church, I realized you might not be who I thought you were. And lately, there has been a wave of drive by smear tactics. This latest one about the acrobats performing in front of Pope Benedict with no shirts is puzzling. Are you trying to present the Pope and Cardinals as gay or something? Those types of acrobats would be too constricted if they wore shirts is my guess.

But whatever, I enjoy being on the receiving end of anti Catholicism. It reminds me of what Christ told His Apostles when the Church began, "If they persecuted me, they will persecute you".

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#462397 Jul 15, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you honestly think others will read this and understand what you have posted.
You'll be glossed over, just like me.
They only care for themselves, yet they will refute the Self exists.
Odd, huh?
And who thought self-preservation is of no use to a person.
:o)
No, I do not expect any to comprehend nor understand....but there is always that chance it might just light up a light...the abrahamics and others even before them have perverted truth so badly, that most can not know what is real.
All their scripture point to the truth, but it is so perverted, it would take a rocket scientist to divide it properly.
That is why scripture even says...

Knowledge is a wise man's virtue, and an ignorant man should be beaten with a staff.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#462398 Jul 15, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Is this the poster who wanted you to prove
.when we were praying..That prayer does not work .
That is not a serious request .
And Imho ..you are as find a Christian as I have met .
I prayed while driving in my car an hour and a half while nick was life flighted to a hospital in Pittsburgh'.I prayed and cryed not knowing if he would be dead or alive when I got there.I prayed and stayed with him till he came out of danger.Yes I believe that prayer works and it also gave me peace and strength to be there for him...
Tiger Lily

New Zealand

#462399 Jul 15, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
What Baptist pastor?
Look Tiger, there is no point in debating anything with you. When you were on here last, we went over this Sabbath subject in detail. I provided links, letters, and quotes from the early Christian Church -who indeed called themselves Catholic- showing that they observed Sunday because the Apostles taught them so. Sunday didn't come from the Roman Empire. It couldn't have, they were too busy persecuting Christians!
But you do not care. As long as you can convince your brain, that the council of Laodicea installed Sunday to coincide with Sun god worship, I guess you feel your hands are washed.
As I posted today.

Interesting video… Clay, this is for you.

Baptist Pastor Understands Sabbath

Published on Jun 20th, 2013

A Baptist pastor with a PhD in theology accepted that he finally found the seventh-day Sabbath truth.

For 56 years, the devil kept him blinded from the truth that the seventh day is the Sabbath of the LORD!

&fe ature=youtu.be

No apostle EVER taught to keep Sunday holy.

The RCC CLAIMS that she was the church who changed the Sabbath because SHE is ABOVE the Bible.

Watch the video.

Location hidden

#462400 Jul 15, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>They lost it!!!They lost it hundreds of years ago!
One only has to look into the history of the "Papacy" to realize you are reporting truth.

Location hidden

#462401 Jul 15, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
lol, no, I don't even know you. I said I'm going to keep my distance, but not because I thought we were close. I meant that I once considered you a respectable poster. An honest poster. But since that time you implied there is only child sexual abuse in the Catholic Church, I realized you might not be who I thought you were. And lately, there has been a wave of drive by smear tactics. This latest one about the acrobats performing in front of Pope Benedict with no shirts is puzzling. Are you trying to present the Pope and Cardinals as gay or something? Those types of acrobats would be too constricted if they wore shirts is my guess.
But whatever, I enjoy being on the receiving end of anti Catholicism. It reminds me of what Christ told His Apostles when the Church began, "If they persecuted me, they will persecute you".
Correction Clay...I never said the the abuse is only in the catholic church never! I have stated several times that abuse in ANY church was discusting including the Orthodox church.I am an honest poster and the problem that you catholics have with me is that counter attack to your claim of being the TRUE CHURCH.No I was not trying to present the Pope or any of the cardinals as being gay.My intend was the lack of respect in my opinion shown to the Vicor of Christ.If wearing shirts is to constricting then why did the wear pants? Those guys were doing a heck of a lot of splitting with there legs...shirts could have be wore.Body suits.The only presecuting being done to you is coming from your own church...that's the truth.

Location hidden

#462402 Jul 15, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>One only has to look into the history of the "Papacy" to realize you are reporting truth.
And it 8974is so simple to understand and makes pure common sense....

Location hidden

#462403 Jul 15, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>I will be honest and I will tell you WHY I never will lie about Anything...ask Nick(hermi)I lost a daughter to cancer years ago when she was only six.The day she died I promised to always be honest to myself and to not except lies from others.And to also TRY to live life with compassion for others.When ever I am wrong I will be the first to admit it and to accept the punishment for it.I am not perfect nor do I pretend to be.In fact I know I am a sinner and everyday I live under Gods mercy.I go to sleep every night knowing I did not persoanlly hurt anyone,and I am not talking about some of those on this forum.I am a black or white type of person,you are either right or wrong,a person that tells the truth or a bold face liar,I have no problems telling someone that I am sorry if I did wrong to them.Whats this have to do with my daughter? I watched her suffer with cancer for 2 years helpless to stop this cancer.And one day out of the blue she said to me.."mommmie when I die will you come with me.I am afraid to go alone"That changed me.Hopefully oneday I will be with her again.
I can understand this.
My wife, died in my arms in the emergency room entrance...it is what it is sis. I did my best. I don't wish to elaborate any more than that, other than I loved her more than life itself.
Clay

United States

#462404 Jul 15, 2013
Tiger Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
As I posted today.
Interesting video… Clay, this is for you.
Baptist Pastor Understands Sabbath
Published on Jun 20th, 2013
A Baptist pastor with a PhD in theology accepted that he finally found the seventh-day Sabbath truth.
For 56 years, the devil kept him blinded from the truth that the seventh day is the Sabbath of the LORD!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =HO8kVXUQ3ZUXX&feature=you tu.be
No apostle EVER taught to keep Sunday holy.
The RCC CLAIMS that she was the church who changed the Sabbath because SHE is ABOVE the Bible.
Watch the video.
I don't want to watch the video. I don't care how many doctorates in theology the guy has, his opinion on the Sabbath means nothing. Like you, he is no authority on sacred scripture. Like you. he believes Christ let Christianity get corrupted and billions of people were mislead for 1800 yrs. Then mysteriously, some Adventist discovered that Rome corrupted the Bible Blah Blah.

Seriously Tiger, I'm not a conspiracy Christian. This Baptist Pastor is a nobody. Both of you lack faith in Christ, opting instead to buy into a conspiracy version of the faith. Both of you embrace lies in order to subscribe to your SDA faith. I can't do that sir.

**btw, are you going to acknowledge you were wrong about the Catholic Church establishing Sunday to coincide with Sun god worship?
Of course you won't. Deception is the only thing holding your cult together. You don't want it to quickly unravel do you? Then you must march forward with your ear plugs in.
Dust Storm

Pennock, MN

#462405 Jul 15, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
There is nothing honest that comes out of either of their mouths. From the beginning they tried pretend under different names and they were exposed. Herme had a hissy fit when I exposed them, because I could smell the dishonesty. They both lie when they say it doesnt matter what people say as it doesnt bother them. Clearly they are both bothered so add that to the list of lies. Then when information is posted on the facts on abuse which neither of them can back their claims the non liar of the group wonders how you can buy candy coated information posted from secular news sites but clearly performers who helped with a charity are doing a strip tease for the pope because they took off their shirts which they always do and yes in part for the saftey of the incredible stunts they perform. They did get alot of publicity though with headlines like Pope Gawks at topless dancers. lol So stupid, but people who want to malign the church will use anything they can and the people who want to believe it will eat it up.

Herme has a problem with the Orthodox church saying it is the true church. Apparently she doesnt as she has said it, but hey the Protestants wont say anything as long as they are goading Catholics they are buddies. lol They are idol worshipping, Mary Worshipping Heathens who talk to dead people and have nothing but homos in their church because if they listened to Gif their buddy who attacks the church daily then he is attacking their beliefs, but hey doesnt bother Gif nor Hermetics. Lots of Orthodox would call Herme a heretic no problem. Oh yes he is an expert on the faith that is why he posts uncredible and unsourced links, some of which are obviously Protestant. lol

I posted links concerning talks, what was discovered and agreed upon. I asked them to read what their Patriarchs were saying. They did not bother. I posted links on very good discussions on problems which Herme said he would read. He never did, he just went off and twisted and distorted and made up what he wanted throwing a tantrum and saying poor me the Catholics are picking on me. Like the true shcolar he is he couldnt answer. I posted Orthodox links. He threw deeper tantrums. He blasted Fr. Dye and then apologized for a conversation he inserted himself into and attacked it as anti-Orthodox. The discussions were on disagreements with no hostility all of it came from him. Noone attacked the Orthodox but he felt a need to attack the Pope and belittle the discussions because he already has his own truth and there is no room for more. BOth of them are disingenous people and neither of them is honest and clearly not knowledgeable nor have any room for seeking any clarity. The protestants dont care nor do they believe the Orthodox has the true church. I could go into the Orthodox problems alot but what fruit? Herme has already proclaimed he doesnt have to listen to a Patriarch and he wont. He has proclaimed he doesnt want unity. Therefore he does not want what the leaders of the two churches recognized Christ in saying he prayed that we be one. Abortion to the truth.
Clay

United States

#462406 Jul 15, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>Correction Clay...I never said the the abuse is only in the catholic church never! I have stated several times that abuse in ANY church was discusting including the Orthodox church.I am an honest poster and the problem that you catholics have with me is that counter attack to your claim of being the TRUE CHURCH.No I was not trying to present the Pope or any of the cardinals as being gay.My intend was the lack of respect in my opinion shown to the Vicor of Christ.If wearing shirts is to constricting then why did the wear pants? Those guys were doing a heck of a lot of splitting with there legs...shirts could have be wore.Body suits.The only presecuting being done to you is coming from your own church...that's the truth.
Sera, you did say that the abuse is a Catholic thing, "that's why its in the news" if I remember your words correctly.

Look, I really ain't interested in he said she said. I know what you are about and I don't feel the need to go back two months to publicly rebuke you. Ill let your conscience be between you and God. He knows if you're deliberately trying to smear the Church with deceptive tactics. He knows if you really said the abuse problem is a Catholic thing and now you deny saying it.
Just leave it at that.

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#462407 Jul 15, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow,..that's scary ..seriously .
Luckily for you..at the moment..He does not answer to you.
You.will meet Him.in His timing June.
And you are correct when you said..if there is not a hereafter ..you won't know.
BUT what if there I'd ..And you meet Him face to face..
I don't want an answer PLEASE ..as it would probably be just as awful.as your.post
Just when you go to bed at night think about..WHAT IF THERE IS???
It's not scary at all! I don't believe that there is a god TO strike me dead.

And I thought that was the excuse you'd have for this supposed god not striking me dead. I prayed a very sincere prayer and NO answer was forthcoming.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#462408 Jul 15, 2013
who="Black Thunder 42"
I can understand this.
My wife, died in my arms in the emergency room entrance...it is what it is sis. I did my best. I don't wish to elaborate any more than that, other than I loved her more than life itself.

So sorry for your pain...

KayMarie

Prince George, Canada

#462409 Jul 15, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
INDEED!
If this deity so hates "evil", then [WHY] does he allow it to continue...or even exist.
I see a totally different equation here.
It is the "true self" of the deity presented... when the deity was found to be unacceptable by the masses....and "satan" was invented to deflect the deity's true attributes.
YHVH is "Enlil" who "hated" mankind.
Enki(who created and loved mankind) was construed by religionist priests as the serpent(the symbol of the doctor/geneticist), and the evil one.
Actually it is completely contrary to what you have been taught....and even ~that~ is incorrect.
It is known that "Enki" brought civilization(mankind) to this planet well over 70,000 years ago.
Devout believers clutter up their attics with their own religious junk, while vilifying other people's religious junk.

Myth-hoarders.
Clay

United States

#462410 Jul 15, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>Correction Clay...I never said the the abuse is only in the catholic church never! I have stated several times that abuse in ANY church was discusting including the Orthodox church.I am an honest poster and the problem that you catholics have with me is that counter attack to your claim of being the TRUE CHURCH.No I was not trying to present the Pope or any of the cardinals as being gay.My intend was the lack of respect in my opinion shown to the Vicor of Christ.If wearing shirts is to constricting then why did the wear pants? Those guys were doing a heck of a lot of splitting with there legs...shirts could have be wore.Body suits.The only presecuting being done to you is coming from your own church...that's the truth.
you said
"my intent was to show the lack of respect to the vicar of Christ"

No that was not your intent. You posted that video to Hojo under the headline, "Does this look like the true Church, lol!"

Your intent was to smear the CC by making it look like the Pope and Cardinals were participating in something inappropriate. That's why you headlined it in a mockery fashion- even using the 'lol' abbreviation to show you were 'laughing out loud'.
rosesz

San Jose, CA

#462411 Jul 15, 2013
Dust Storm wrote:
I don't like links ..But I know about the Eucharist ..glad they do water the wine.

The O P was posting about in Ireland the priests were opposing

A new legal limit fir alcohol ..in case they could not get home after mass.

This seemed dilly to me. As I never saw them gulp it down like water.

Which then to.me brought up.the question ..I know they have wafers left over and keep them in the tabernacle..ok do what do they do with leftover consecrated wine. Must they drink it themselves.I'd that why they worried over lowering the limits..

And twice I asked CatHolics to comment..not give Mr Red printed links I can't were or a video discussing the benefits of the Eucharist

The second poster finally made his point ..as if the wine and bread are changed in substance why w would it be alcoholic at all.

Now we both know it still.tastes like wine..But I was curious ad his question for him actually made a bit of sense sort of

Prince George, Canada

#462412 Jul 15, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
That is why scripture even says...
Knowledge is a wise man's virtue, and an ignorant man should be beaten with a staff.
Hilarious how people use scriptures to make others appear as ignorant ... when the way I perceive the issue is, we are all ignorant.

Prince George, Canada

#462413 Jul 15, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't want to watch the video. I don't care how many doctorates in theology the guy has, his opinion on the Sabbath means nothing.
EARLY CHRISTIANS - 2nd Century

"The primitive Christians did keep the Sabbath of the Jews;...therefore the Christians, for a long time together, did keep their conventions upon the Sabbath, in which some portions of the law were read: and this continued till the time of the Laodicean council." "The Whole Works" of Jeremy Taylor, Vol. IX,p. 416 (R. Heber's Edition, Vol XII, p. 416).

http://www.remnantofgod.org/sabhist.htm#2
rosesz

San Jose, CA

#462414 Jul 15, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
It's not scary at all! I don't believe that there is a god TO strike me dead.
And I thought that was the excuse you'd have for this supposed god not striking me dead. I prayed a very sincere prayer and NO answer was forthcoming.
So you honestly think God answers every prayer YES. LOL.

Location hidden

#462415 Jul 15, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
They were demons posing as gods..according to legend.
Most of the false gods laugh at you all who deny the True GOD.
That is your version of the contrived story...history may very prove otherwise when the "unburned" versions of the
history is uncovered.
Then, the real "demons" will be revealed!
It is already coming to pass...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 7 min thewordofme 763,145
How i Got My EX Husband Back home Thanks to Gr... 11 min lostlover256 1
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 12 min lisw 174,969
Spiritual Rats (Amagudwane) That Bring Money ..... 14 min lostlover256 1
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 15 min AussieBobby 263,316
Moses never existed 1 hr thewordofme 498
Last Word + 2 1 hr Richies Cool Man ... 939
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 1 hr Just Wondering 603,494
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 2 hr NATHAN 176

Top Stories People Search