Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 596369 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#462273 Jul 15, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sorry for your loss.
Non-human animals are more often than not faithful to their human companions. Humans are NOT of that nature to each other.
Thanks.

I have to agree. We humans should take lessons from other animals.

Albuquerque, NM

#462274 Jul 15, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
All religion is somebody or others preferential fad!
True.

Self.
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Yours ... "whatever it is" is nothing special to those who don't believe in it.
True again.

It's the American way!....and of course Self.

;o)

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#462275 Jul 15, 2013
My guess is the giggling dalai lama believes he is a head-haunch spiritual leader.

I want him to preach a sermon about how he graduated from being an "untouchable" to his present state of supposed enlightenment.

The truth is, he was chosen as a young human and handed his flamboyant title of dalai lama by other mortal humans.

Anyone can be handed a title and told they are enlightened.

Albuquerque, NM

#462276 Jul 15, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
You are always bragging about some knowledge concerning self and truth, yet you won't share your vast knowledge with us.
Why IS that?
A "leader" should give more information about where we will land if we follow the leader. After all ... following is a huge investment concerning trust.
You have asked that magic question, that allt he regulars in this forum have asked of me, at one time or another. You must not be reading or understanding my posts, either because you haven't been reading my posts or just refuse to research what I've posted.

Do you honestly think, after 20K+ posts, my beliefs aren't stated?

If you do, you are more deluded than I actually think.

In this forum - which contains a vast amount of them - you probably can begin around 10K/11K adn work you way forward from there. You'll find plenty if you seek them out.

Other forums I've frequented:
"What your Church won't tell you by Dave and Gary Higgins"
"Prove there's a God"
"Why I'm no longer a Christian"

Have fun and learn something.

Albuquerque, NM

#462277 Jul 15, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
A "leader" should give more information about where we will land if we follow the leader. After all ... following is a huge investment concerning trust.
BTW - it is not my decision to "lead" anyone.

In fact, I encourage you NOT TO FOLLWO ME, although I do encourage you to understand what I follow and then make your own decision if it works for you or not.

It's worked for me, so I can be honest enough to state those positives openly. I've chosen to do so through Topix.

What are you doing to make the world a more positive and peaceful place to live?

Prince George, Canada

#462278 Jul 15, 2013
And by the way, I also want to know who handed the Buddha HIS title of enlightenment?

After all ... he started the religion ... so from where did he receive his information that he was enlightened concerning major previous secrets of the universe?

Religion is a whole lot of self-ingratiating nonsense.

Prince George, Canada

#462279 Jul 15, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
True.
Self.
<quoted text>
True again.
It's the American way!....and of course Self.
;o)
If you post that word "self" to me again, I am going to ignore you.

You are becoming an insufferable bore.

Albuquerque, NM

#462280 Jul 15, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think you and I talk the same language.
You believe you are a new age spiritual leader. I don't believe in the existence of spirit and I don't believe I am qualified to BE a leader of anything but nonsensical rhetoric.
Of course we don't - we each have different beliefs, different upbringings, different associations in life, different everything.

Am I supposed to speak, act, and believe like you do?

I don't think so. Shoot, it took you 70+ years to decide not be a "Christian".

I guess, for the benefit of you, at least you finally opened your eyes and left religion.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#462281 Jul 15, 2013
who="Tony17" Discuss? I'm not here to discuss the word of God with you because you're not qualified to discuss the word of God with me. I'm here to teach you the word of God,not discuss it with you.
So I'll keep teaching and you keep listening. Kay? Maybe in a few years of me teaching you then you will be able to discuss it with me but at this time as I stated, you're not qualified to discuss the word of God with me.

:):)

KM

Prince George, Canada

#462282 Jul 15, 2013
It was not a miracle from on high that all the dalai lamas were men.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>

From the book “Chronology of Women’s History,” by Kirstin Olsen, comes the following……….

700—401 B.C.

Religion

Few men become arhats, and even fewer women; the only higher level is the achievement of nirvana (the end of the cycle of suffering caused by continual reincarnation), and it is believed in the Buddha’s day that women are incapable of achieving nirvana at all. They must be content with being as holy as possible in the hope of being reborn as men—and then they can reach nirvana. The Buddha only permits women to join his sangha (monastic order), only shortly before his death.

Prince George, Canada

#462283 Jul 15, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course we don't - we each have different beliefs, different upbringings, different associations in life, different everything.
Am I supposed to speak, act, and believe like you do?
I don't think so. Shoot, it took you 70+ years to decide not be a "Christian".
I guess, for the benefit of you, at least you finally opened your eyes and left religion.
Your religion seems to be self, so I suggest you figure your self has achieved enlightenment.

Either that, or you believe you still have much work to do on "self."

Either way ... have fun.

Albuquerque, NM

#462284 Jul 15, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
My guess is the giggling dalai lama believes he is a head-haunch spiritual leader.
I want him to preach a sermon about how he graduated from being an "untouchable" to his present state of supposed enlightenment.
The truth is, he was chosen as a young human and handed his flamboyant title of dalai lama by other mortal humans.
Anyone can be handed a title and told they are enlightened.
Darn it!!

Are you saying I could've been the Dalai Lama?

DRAT and DOUBLE DRAT!!

#462285 Jul 15, 2013
THE BIBLE SAYS....

1Ti 6:3 If any man teach otherwise, and consent not to wholesome words, even the words of our Lord Jesus Christ, and to the doctrine which is according to godliness;

1Ti 6:4 He is proud, knowing nothing, but doting about questions and strifes of words, whereof cometh envy, strife, railings, evil surmisings,

1Ti 6:5 Perverse disputings of men of corrupt minds, and destitute of the truth, supposing that gain is godliness: from such withdraw thyself.

1Ti 6:6 But godliness with contentment is great gain.

1Ti 6:7 For we brought nothing into this world, and it is certain we can carry nothing out.

1Ti 6:8 And having food and raiment let us be therewith content.

1Ti 6:9 But they that will be rich fall into temptation and a snare, and into many foolish and hurtful lusts, which drown men in destruction and perdition.

1Ti 6:10 For the love of money is the root of all evil: which while some coveted after, they have erred from the faith, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows.

1Ti 6:11 But thou, O man of God, flee these things; and follow after righteousness, godliness, faith, love, patience, meekness.

1Ti 6:12 Fight the good fight of faith, lay hold on eternal life, whereunto thou art also called, and hast professed a good profession before many witnesses.

1Ti 6:13 I give thee charge in the sight of God, who quickeneth all things, and before Christ Jesus, who before Pontius Pilate witnessed a good confession;

1Ti 6:14 That thou keep this commandment without spot, unrebukeable, until the appearing of our Lord Jesus Christ:

1Ti 6:15 Which in his times he shall shew, who is the blessed and only Potentate, the King of kings, and Lord of lords;

-->NOTE THIS VERSE (TELLS US) THAT JESUS IS THE ONLY ONE THAT HAS IMMORTALITY.<---

1Ti 6:16 ====> Who only

hath immortality, <====

dwelling in the light

---> which no man can approach unto;

whom no man hath seen,

nor can see:<---

to whom be honour and power everlasting. Amen.

ALSO IT ...

BLOWS THE FABLES OF THE ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH COMPLETELY OUT OF EXISTENCE ....

CONCERNING THE HOLY ASSUMPTION OF MARY AND

THE SAINTS APPROACHING JESUS IN THEIR BEHALF..

1Ti 6:12 Fight the good fight of faith, lay hold on eternal life, whereunto thou art also called, and hast professed a good profession before many witnesses.

1Ti 6:13 I give thee charge in the sight of God, who quickeneth all things, and before Christ Jesus, who before Pontius Pilate witnessed a good confession;

1Ti 6:14 That thou keep this commandment without spot, unrebukeable, until the appearing of our Lord Jesus Christ:

1Ti 6:15 Which in his times he shall shew, who is the blessed and only Potentate, the King of kings, and Lord of lords;

ACCORDING TO THIS SCRIPTURE VERSEMARY DOES NOT HAVE IMMORTALITY
1Ti 6:16 Who only hath immortality, dwelling in the light which no man can approach unto; whom no man hath seen, nor can see: to whom be honour and power everlasting. Amen.

Albuquerque, NM

#462286 Jul 15, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
If you post that word "self" to me again, I am going to ignore you.
You are becoming an insufferable bore.
Have I ever asked you to read anythign I write?
- No, I haven't.

Have I ever stated taht if you don't read my posts I'll be angry?
- No, I haven't.

Guess what, you get to do what every other person on this forum can do, and yep, it all begins with you. S***.

Shoot, just asked LTM, marge, and now probably Seraphima. All probably have ignored me. I would even venture to say, Confrinting, hojo, Anthony, wasssuup, and many others.

People are like that, always eager to promote their own theology, but when called out on it, for the errors they include, they become reclusive and ornery.

Do you think I really care if you push the imaginary "ignore" button or not?

I don't.

BTW - that would be S***.

:o)

#462287 Jul 15, 2013
who="Tony17" Discuss? I'm not here to discuss the word of God with you because you're not qualified to discuss the word of God with me. I'm here to teach you the word of God,not discuss it with you.
So I'll keep teaching and you keep listening. Kay? Maybe in a few years of me teaching you then you will be able to discuss it with me but at this time as I stated, you're not qualified to discuss the word of God with me.

~~~

Psa 31:14 But I trusted in thee, O LORD: I said, Thou art my God.

Psa 31:15 My times are in thy hand: deliver me from the hand of mine enemies, and from them that persecute me.

Psa 31:16 Make thy face to shine upon thy servant: save me for thy mercies' sake.

Psa 31:17 Let me not be ashamed, O LORD; for I have called upon thee: let the wicked be ashamed, and let them be silent in the grave.

Psa 31:18 Let the lying lips be put to silence; which speak grievous things proudly and contemptuously against the righteous.

Psa 31:19 Oh how great is thy goodness, which thou hast laid up for them that fear thee; which thou hast wrought for them that trust in thee before the sons of men!

Psa 31:20 Thou shalt hide them in the secret of thy presence from the pride of man:

thou shalt keep them secretly in a pavilion from the strife of tongues.

Psa 31:21 Blessed be the LORD: for he hath shewed me his marvellous kindness in a strong city.

Albuquerque, NM

#462288 Jul 15, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Your religion seems to be self, so I suggest you figure your self has achieved enlightenment.
Either that, or you believe you still have much work to do on "self."
Either way ... have fun.
I'm still searching and having fun doing so.

Thanks for your concern.

Location hidden

#462289 Jul 15, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
There are alcoholics in all walks of life, but a Catholic priest, a man called of God, as was Atemcowboy, is not expected to be a drunkard.....and would not be if he was not drinking alcohol every time he said mass!!!!!
Ant said he drank the blood of Christ twice a week...which says all Catholics do likewise, or, at the very least, every time they drink the blood of Christ....if that were so, there would not be alcoholic Catholic priests from drinking such...there are alcoholics...no bloodcoholics..
The priests in Ireland would not be concerned that the alcohol reading in a Breathalyzer test would be lowered!!! Now would they????
pick on some one else, I HAVE NEVER DRANK A BEER IN MY LIFE, AND ONLY DRANK WINE TWICE(ONE WAS HOMEMADE AND TASTED TERRIBLE. THE OTHER WAS bOONESFARM OR SOMETHING LIKE THAT. TWO OR THREE SIPS WAS ABOUT IT.

and that was over 30 years ago

Prince George, Canada

#462290 Jul 15, 2013
A man who has done extensive study on "consciousness" and can't figure it out to his own satisfaction stated that "Maybe our concept of consciousness is wrong."

:)

I'm reminded of the question asked by Einstein ... "What does a fish know about the water in which it swims?"

#462291 Jul 15, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>pick on some one else, I HAVE NEVER DRANK A BEER IN MY LIFE, AND ONLY DRANK WINE TWICE(ONE WAS HOMEMADE AND TASTED TERRIBLE. THE OTHER WAS bOONESFARM OR SOMETHING LIKE THAT. TWO OR THREE SIPS WAS ABOUT IT.
and that was over 30 years ago
~~~

BLESSINGS TO YOU FOR ABSTAINING FROM ALCOHOL.

HAVING TAUGHT IN A DRUG AND ALCOHOL REHAB...

I CAN TRUTHFULLY SAY... FROM MY OBSERVATION

OF THE RESULTS OF IT THERE..

Pro_20:1 Wine is a mocker, strong drink is raging: and whosoever is deceived thereby is not wise.

I HAVE NEVER IN MY 79 YEARS (KNOWINGLY) DRANK ANY ALCOHOL OF ANY KIND.

Location hidden

#462292 Jul 15, 2013
Tony17 wrote:
And wonder why if Christ is not God did Thomas refer to Christ as my lord and MY GOD. Now if Thomas wrong in calling Christ God then why did Christ not correct Thomas for referring to Him as his God.
John 20:28
Many of you guys need to stop trying to teach the Bible before you hurt yourselves or worse, hurt someone else that is as Biblically illiterate as you are.
tony, it is just Oxbore acting stupid(well maybe not acting stupid).

he has some trick up his sleeve that only he knows.

but he is like you,

NEITHER ARE QUALIFIED TO BE A TEACHER OF THE WORD OF GOD.

God doesn't use people of your satanic practices, you know it and you know that we know it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 10 min River Tam 854,875
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 22 min USawarringIdiotSo... 177,177
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 23 min I Am No One_ 444,341
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 35 min truth 612,621
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 41 min RiccardoFire 100,748
London,Erotic,Sensual,Adult Massage 51 min mirabellamassage 2
Annoying Things That Servers or Bartenders in a... (Jul '11) 1 hr stunned 184
The Christian Atheist debate 3 hr ChristINSANITY is... 1,010
More from around the web