Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 687240 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#462509 Jul 16, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>what is ironic is that you are supposed to be their Brother in the Lord. but don't worry, that is exactly how dustmop treated John 2.
KNOW THIS, WE WHO ARE CHRISTIANS LOVE YOU AND ARE PRAYING FOR YOU AND YOUR WIFE.
Sera and I will never forget your thoughts and prayers for us.That is Christianity because in that is Christ's never failing hope love and healing. I want you to know that this means a lot to me and helps me.

Location hidden

#462510 Jul 16, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Agreed..
Have to say I have no real knowledge of the Orthodox faith. They have shown me a bit about it..
But to me they are a real example of living Christians,
And my prayers,are with them both
God Bless you RoSesz

Location hidden

#462511 Jul 16, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, that's what I accuse you of saying. wow. thank you.
You believe the problem is more rampant in the Catholic Church. That's why its in the news more!
How can you keep this up. You said she said "IT WAS A CATHOLIC THING." She corrected you, stating that she said she believes there is more sexual abuse in the Cath Church because its in the news more. I took all that time to look up and post her exact quote.Then, confronted with the quote you then change what you said. You claimed she said " It was a Catholic thing". I continue to see Catholics here remake history- both church history and Topix history,and when confronted directly in their face with the truth, continue their falsehoods.Not all.When they are corrected they remake more history and verbally abuse.The Evil One uses a part of the Truth and twists it to psychologically attack.
I was taught it is best not to listen.
June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#462512 Jul 16, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
folks - this is how people talk themselves into unbelief and out of salvation. DON'T BE LIKE JUNE (and kids, please stay off meth)!
Maybe I'll become a Muslim so I can preach at you how evil you are for not following the one and only truth from Allah.

Would THAT make your day???

:)

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#462513 Jul 16, 2013
-->NOTE THIS VERSE (TELLS US) THAT JESUS

IS THE ONLY ONE

THAT HAS

IMMORTALITY.<---

1Ti 6:16 ====> Who only

hath immortality, <====

dwelling in the light

---> which no man can approach unto;

whom no man hath seen,

nor can see:<---

to whom be honour and power everlasting. Amen.

ALSO IT ...

BLOWS THE FABLES CONCERNING MARY BEING ASSUMED INTO HEAVEN WITH OUT DYING THAT IS TAUGHT BY THE ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH COMPLETELY OUT OF EXISTENCE ....

UNTIL THE FIRST RESURRECTION ..

THIS IS OUR FORTE

Rom 8:23 And not only they, but ourselves also, which have the firstfruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, waiting for the adoption, to wit, the redemption of our body.

JESUS HAS BODILY IMMORTALITY

1Ti 6:15 Which in his times he shall shew, who is the blessed and only Potentate, the King of kings, and Lord of lords;

1Ti 6:16 Who only hath immortality, dwelling in the light which no man can approach unto; whom no man hath seen, nor can see: to whom be honour and power everlasting. Amen.

JESUS IS THE FIRSTFRUITS OF THEM THAT SLEPT.

1Co_15:20 But now is Christ risen from the dead, and become the firstfruits of them that slept.

NOTE HERE WHAT IT SAYS ABOUT THOSE THAT FOLLOW HIM..IN IMMORTALITY.

1Co_15:23 But every man in his own order: Christ the firstfruits;

afterward they that are Christ's at his coming.

UNTIL THEN WE ARE FIRST FRUITS IN THE SPIRIT..

Rom_8:23 And not only they, but ourselves also, which have the firstfruits of the Spirit,

even we ourselves groan within ourselves,

waiting for the adoption, to wit,

the redemption of our body.(IMMORTALITY)

THE BIBLE SAYS NOTHING ABOUT THE IMMORTALITY OF MARY THE MOTHER OF JESUS...

IT SAY

JESUS... only

hath immortality, TIL THE RESURRECTION OF THE BRIDE.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#462514 Jul 16, 2013
Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>Why does Spiritually useless love to tell God who He is allowed to use and who He's not allowed to use. You guys make me laugh with that. It seems to puzzle you that someone like me knows more about Gods word than do you especially when you fancy yourselves as Bible scholars and I come along and make an open show of you with the very word of God you portend to be so familiar with. It embarrasses you and makes you fighting mad with me doesn't it?
Every bible-reader believes he/she reads those words from the viewpoint of "god."

You are simply as deluded as are the others ... but it makes you feel very powerful to believe that you can preach truth and others that disagree with you are "sadly" misguided. Others commit the same folly from their own points of view of how "god" is guiding them.

And so it goes. It's all based on human arrogance ... "I see "god's" truth ... and when you disagree with ME ... YOU are all liars."

Religion is silly stuff in deed!
Clay

Garden City, MI

#462515 Jul 16, 2013
Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
<quoted text>How can you keep this up. You said she said "IT WAS A CATHOLIC THING." She corrected you, stating that she said she believes there is more sexual abuse in the Cath Church because its in the news more. I took all that time to look up and post her exact quote.Then, confronted with the quote you then change what you said. You claimed she said " It was a Catholic thing". I continue to see Catholics here remake history- both church history and Topix history,and when confronted directly in their face with the truth, continue their falsehoods.Not all.When they are corrected they remake more history and verbally abuse.The Evil One uses a part of the Truth and twists it to psychologically attack.
I was taught it is best not to listen.
I didn't quote her as saying "it was a Catholic thing". I didn't directly quote her at all.
I summed up what she said to the best of my memory. I think your earlier post said it well. You went back and found the exchange.
She thinks that - since its in the news more about Catholics - that we have more of an issue than anyone else, including the Orthodox. I call that misguided ignorance. I don't believe you have any evidence showing how its a Catholic issue. The only thing you got is lopsided media reporting.

So what I was saying, is if you're going to rely on that, then there is a lack of a truthful approach to your posts about this issue.
truth

Embleton, Australia

#462516 Jul 16, 2013
First eden is perfection..i told you lucy change 2-3x eden but fall..yep..all demons and angels will fall..
yeppppppppppyou liked be bigger then god
not meeeeeeeeeeeeeee
truth

Embleton, Australia

#462517 Jul 16, 2013
they told you
we coming in peace but not will be peace very litlle or nothing after more
yeppppppppppppppp

its written
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#462518 Jul 16, 2013
While singing as a child in church I never could put my heart into the words in a lot of the hymns, because I couldn't relate to them as being inspired by anything of value. But I learned the words and the melodies because of repetition.

Leaders of cults depend on repetition to indoctrinate the upcoming generations.

It only worked to confuse me ... for instance of why "Jesus" wouldn't love those in other religions ... and why those poor "souls" would have to burn in hell for eternity simply because the children were not born into a family of Christians.

I think back to those old self-ingratiating Christian hymns and now I understand why as a child my conscience instructed me that there was something unsettling about those words.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#462519 Jul 16, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe I'll become a Muslim so I can preach at you how evil you are for not following the one and only truth from Allah.
Would THAT make your day???
~~~

OUR DAY and future... IS ALREADY IS MADE..

We suffer your foolishness for the sake of out testimony..

2Ti_1:12 For the which cause I also suffer these things:

nevertheless I am not ashamed:

for I know whom I have believed, and am persuaded that he is able to

keep that which I have committed unto him against that day.

Rom 10:8 But what saith it? The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach;

Rom 10:9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

Rom 10:10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

Rom 10:11 For the scripture saith,

--> Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed. <--

Rom 10:12 For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him.

Rom 10:13 ==> For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved. <--

Location hidden

#462520 Jul 16, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't quote her as saying "it was a Catholic thing". I didn't directly quote her at all.
I summed up what she said to the best of my memory. I think your earlier post said it well. You went back and found the exchange.
She thinks that - since its in the news more about Catholics - that we have more of an issue than anyone else, including the Orthodox. I call that misguided ignorance. I don't believe you have any evidence showing how its a Catholic issue. The only thing you got is lopsided media reporting.
So what I was saying, is if you're going to rely on that, then there is a lack of a truthful approach to your posts about this issue.
Pure logic..
more abuse equals more news, equals catlicks..

less abuse equals less news, equals Protestants..
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#462521 Jul 16, 2013
My father who had left his Christian religion, used to shake his head sideways at the words expressed in the following hymn. Even back then I understood why.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >

Onward, Christian soldiers, marching as to war,
with the cross of Jesus going on before.
Christ, the royal Master, leads against the foe;
forward into battle see his banners go!
Refrain:
Onward, Christian soldiers, marching as to war,
with the cross of Jesus going on before.

2. At the sign of triumph Satan's host doth flee;
on then, Christian soldiers, on to victory!
Hell's foundations quiver at the shout of praise;
brothers, lift your voices, loud your anthems raise.
(Refrain)

3. Like a mighty army moves the church of God;
brothers, we are treading where the saints have trod.
We are not divided, all one body we,
one in hope and doctrine, one in charity.
(Refrain)

4. Crowns and thrones may perish, kingdoms rise and wane,
but the church of Jesus constant will remain.
Gates of hell can never gainst that church prevail;
we have Christ's own promise, and that cannot fail.
(Refrain)

5. Onward then, ye people, join our happy throng,
blend with ours your voices in the triumph song.
Glory, laud, and honor unto Christ the King,
this through countless ages men and angels sing.
(Refrain)

http://www.hymnsite.com/lyrics/umh575.sht

Location hidden

#462522 Jul 16, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>what is ironic is that you are supposed to be their Brother in the Lord. but don't worry, that is exactly how dustmop treated John 2.
KNOW THIS, WE WHO ARE CHRISTIANS LOVE YOU AND ARE PRAYING FOR YOU AND YOUR WIFE.
For a man called of God you certainly have a difficult time answering questions regarding things of God!!!

Do you agree with the teaching of the Catholics and the SBC:

Christ is the eternal Son of God. In His incarnation as Jesus Christ He was conceived of the Holy Spirit and born of the virgin Mary. Jesus perfectly revealed and did the will of God, taking upon Himself human nature with its demands and necessities and identifying Himself completely with mankind yet without sin...

And: The Catholics:
Jesus Christ, the incarnate Son of God...redeemer of the human Race..

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#462523 Jul 16, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
Jesus did some of His best work on the Sabbath day, and declared that He was Lord of the Sabbath. He said that man was not made for the Sabbath, but the Sabbath was made for man.
Paul later says that we are not to let anyone judge us concerning 'holy days', or of the sabbath days.
Rom 14:4 Who art thou that judges another man's servant? to his own master he stands or falls. Yea, he shall be held up: for God is able to make him stand.
Rom 14:5 One man esteems one day above another: another esteems every day alike. Let every man be fully persuaded in his own mind.
Col 2:16 Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days:
Col 2:17 Which are a shadow of things to come; but the body is of Christ.
Worship God EVERY DAY, and don't condemn others if they don't "do it like you do".
Jesus said, "I did not come to condemn the world."
KayMarie
Do you find it odd that you make this statement:
"Jesus did some of His best work on the Sabbath day, and declared that He was Lord of the Sabbath. He said that man was not made for the Sabbath, but the Sabbath was made for man."

and then use "Paul" to support this statement.

Why didn't you or don't you post something from Jesus that explains it?

You do beleive Jesus right?
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#462524 Jul 16, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
-->NOTE THIS VERSE (TELLS US) THAT JESUS
IS THE ONLY ONE
THAT HAS
IMMORTALITY.<---
1Ti 6:16 ====> Who only
hath immortality, <====
dwelling in the light
---> which no man can approach unto;
whom no man hath seen,
nor can see:<---
to whom be honour and power everlasting. Amen.
ALSO IT ...
BLOWS THE FABLES CONCERNING MARY BEING ASSUMED INTO HEAVEN WITH OUT DYING THAT IS TAUGHT BY THE ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH COMPLETELY OUT OF EXISTENCE ....
UNTIL THE FIRST RESURRECTION ..
THIS IS OUR FORTE
Rom 8:23 And not only they, but ourselves also, which have the firstfruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, waiting for the adoption, to wit, the redemption of our body.
JESUS HAS BODILY IMMORTALITY
1Ti 6:15 Which in his times he shall shew, who is the blessed and only Potentate, the King of kings, and Lord of lords;
1Ti 6:16 Who only hath immortality, dwelling in the light which no man can approach unto; whom no man hath seen, nor can see: to whom be honour and power everlasting. Amen.
JESUS IS THE FIRSTFRUITS OF THEM THAT SLEPT.
1Co_15:20 But now is Christ risen from the dead, and become the firstfruits of them that slept.
NOTE HERE WHAT IT SAYS ABOUT THOSE THAT FOLLOW HIM..IN IMMORTALITY.
1Co_15:23 But every man in his own order: Christ the firstfruits;
afterward they that are Christ's at his coming.
UNTIL THEN WE ARE FIRST FRUITS IN THE SPIRIT..
Rom_8:23 And not only they, but ourselves also, which have the firstfruits of the Spirit,
even we ourselves groan within ourselves,
waiting for the adoption, to wit,
the redemption of our body.(IMMORTALITY)
THE BIBLE SAYS NOTHING ABOUT THE IMMORTALITY OF MARY THE MOTHER OF JESUS...
IT SAY
JESUS... only
hath immortality, TIL THE RESURRECTION OF THE BRIDE.
Again--Confrinting, I ask you!! Where does it say in the bible that every word, every phrase, every sentence--MUST be in the bible in order for it to be true...... Furthermore--where does it say, IN the bible that God chose to transmit HIS divine and inspired words--ONLY in the Bible....... The answer is--NOWHERE!! The fact is that the bible says JUST THE OPPOSITE!..... Paul tells us in I Timothy 3:15, that THE CHURCH (not the bible alone) is the pillar. pinnacle and foundation of the TRUTH....,. He also tells us that when there is a disagreement or a conflict to "take it to the Church" (not the bible)......This bible only teaching of yours, has absolutely "no basis" of ANY biblical or historical to TRUTH to back up ANY of your distorted and heretical Sola Scriptura preaching!........ I grew up, was taught, and lived this bible only (man-made) manipulated lie that you keep trying to "pass off" on your uniformed "few followers" for over 35 years as a Protestant. God and Jesus Christ--by the power, direction and guidance of HIS Holy Spirit, eventually led me to the Historical and biblical TRUTH that has, is and will always be "grounded" in the TRUE faith of Jesus Christ and His (one and only) TRUE Apostolic Catholic Church-----not the only Church---but the one TRUE Church, that preaches, teaches and proclaims the FULLNESS of the FAITH and the FULLNESS of the TRUTH!!!!!!
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#462525 Jul 16, 2013
If Jesus and all those other supposed saviors existed ... they all should have preached that no matter which religion to which you belong it doesn't matter, as the creator judges ONLY how you treat others.

I suggest that to try to create world peace ... rather than division and war ... those religious sermons would have been beneficial.

Religion is BUNK!

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#462526 Jul 16, 2013
Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
ATTENTION ALL ORTHODOX PATRIARCHS
#1 I am Greek. We invented Philosophy.We invented Democracy.Therefore you will be my guide.I will always apply my God given mind and more importantly the spiritual eyes in my heart to what you say.How can critical thinking destroy God's Truth?
#2 I am a Christian.I worship Christ.He is the head of my Church.You are. like me, his servants.If you veer off his path in any proclamation you will not see me behind you. You will see me following Whom I worship Who is the head of the Church- My Savior.
Now call me a heretic and excommunicate me from you. I will be with Christ.
This one is for you Dusty
"...you will not see me behind you."

- Of course I won't, because "I'm the last in line."

:o)
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#462527 Jul 16, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
While singing as a child in church I never could put my heart into the words in a lot of the hymns, because I couldn't relate to them as being inspired by anything of value. But I learned the words and the melodies because of repetition.
Leaders of cults depend on repetition to indoctrinate the upcoming generations.
It only worked to confuse me ... for instance of why "Jesus" wouldn't love those in other religions ... and why those poor "souls" would have to burn in hell for eternity simply because the children were not born into a family of Christians.
Who said that Jesus wouldn't love those in other religions??? Never heard that "anywhere", even as an ex_Protestant other that Catholics weren't Christian, which is bible only nonsense!!! With regard to heaven and hell God is the "final judge"---NO-ONE else!! Not you, not me, not Confrinting (even though he thinks he is)!!
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#462528 Jul 16, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
For a man called of God you certainly have a difficult time answering questions regarding things of God!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 4 min Gods View 30,889
*** All Time Favorite Songs *** (Dec '10) 13 min Halle Berry Sister 4,315
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 17 min Gods View 987,285
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 36 min Dohhh 286,551
8.1 Earthquake Off the Coast of Mexico 37 min Concerned 3
skype usernames for dirty skyping;) and usernam... (Aug '14) 5 hr Jack Pitan 9
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 5 hr lil whispers 619,792
More from around the web