Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 558,855
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#462217 Jul 15, 2013
Tiger Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
. So... your church is NOT apostolic.
Your Eucharist is an abomination in that it makes a sacrifice of God who made One sacrifice for all on the cross.
Your priests MAKE God and then eat Him. Hocus Pocus is incanted over a cracker and then you worship it.
Preposterous.
Billions of Catholics live in a world concocted by evil popes over centuries. WAKE UP, hojo.
You've had it wrong on "everyone" of the above comments that you have made, which means that you are batting 1000! Sorry to disappoint you Tiger Lily, but the "wake up call" is coming before your very eyes as bible only Protestants and their ministers are converting by the thousands to the TRUE GOSPEL and TRUE CHRISTIANITY, in and through Jesus Christ and His One True Apostolic Catholic Church....Today, 1.168 Billion Catholics around the world already "know the TRUTH" (growing by 1.5% every year) as well as the Billions and Billions of Catholics that have "gone before us" marked with the sign of TRUE FAITH in Jesus Christ
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#462218 Jul 15, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>No you mean.." conveying and REPEATING ONLY PROVEN Historical and Biblical (since 1054) of the truth(as catholic church sees fit)Cant say from the TRUTH of Jesus Christ because your church derailed in 1054.Well, honestly that train was taking a dirt road long before 1054...choo choooo...
You keep reading the same old Church History "fiction" books that parallel the news in the "National Inquirer"! Your Orthodox History "opinions" makes for good reading in the "editorial section" of your local newspaper and that's about it!!!
truth

Perth, Australia

#462219 Jul 15, 2013
Your Creator not created you for suffering.
Its very sad that many many who speak about God or righteousness judging wrongly.

it is written
civilization before exist
Who try hide and why?
truth

Perth, Australia

#462220 Jul 15, 2013
How you explain speed of light?
truth

Perth, Australia

#462221 Jul 15, 2013
wish is desire to have..did dr hubart come from where with speed of light..
explain angels of light
explain why all angels and demons going fall..
now
Why i am wrong?

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#462222 Jul 15, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>she was not my wife, i'm not that stupid, I moved in with her after my first cancer operation at her insistence because there was no way I could take care of myself with over 80 big staples in my stomach, I have a big L shape scar from my rib cage on right down towards my hip then over to my left hip, they really opened me up, and she had to lie to then otherwise be disowned by her family, they would of told her not to contact them again if they knew, to understand, you'd have to experience them. mom is over controlling and neglected my g/f also I noticed in family photos where the kids were young and playing out side any time of the year mom is not there only dad is,she won't let her son leave the nest, he's my age an never left home, somehow they came up with excuses to keep him there, and he in mentally challenged, they won't admit it but it's obvious, dad is the religious one and very paranoid, never has a god thing to say about anything you want to do, always a negative attitude, small example I love the Berkshires in the fall, mentioned it at a family gathering that I and my g/f were going to drive through there to see the colors of the leaf changes, and her father jumps in, what? go all that way to see colors? what a waist of time an gas, there's nothing to do there, on the contrary, there is a lot to do there, it's called experiencing nature, I had a highrise 4x4 could travel any road in the any state had 18 in. ground clearance, we didn't stay on the main roads we went deep into the woods, where nature is at it's best, bears, deer, foxes, coyotes, and various small critters were everywhere and we made a friend with a chipmunk, we camped right next to it's hole in the ground didn't know it till it popped out an scared the g/f after I laughed my head off I showed her they were nothing to fear put a little peanut butter on a piece of bread and kept doing it right up to our camp site and he followed and was eating with us in no time and we hand fed him, she loved it, she was raised with parents that didn't allow that sort of behavior, she was taught to fear every critter like her father did, I opened a lot of doors for her, made life a better place, then two years gone by and I got sick and it ruined everything.
You are so right about the beauty of the Fall colors in Ma.You made me home sick!!!

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#462223 Jul 15, 2013
Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>I respectfully disagree with you on the keeping of the Sabbath.
http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/Basics/jesus_i...
People were not supposed to work on the sabbath HUH???

Who changed the babies diapers on the sabbath? Who cooked the meals and washed the dishes on the sabbath? Who fed the animals and milked the cows, et cetera on the sabbath?

My guess is ... god didn't perform those necessary duties. If he wanted the people to rest he should have provided mechanical slaves to perform the work for the people.

Silly dogmas!

Prince George, Canada

#462224 Jul 15, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
You really should read all of my posts:
Hahahahahahaha

Location hidden

#462225 Jul 15, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
You keep reading the same old Church History "fiction" books that parallel the news in the "National Inquirer"! Your Orthodox History "opinions" makes for good reading in the "editorial section" of your local newspaper and that's about it!!!
Its Fact Jack!Your church is an abomination of the truth!speaking of the National Inquirer..........http://queer ingthechurch.com/2011/01/11/po pe-benedicts-gay-circus-at-the -vatican/
Enjoy!!!

Location hidden

#462226 Jul 15, 2013

Location hidden

#462227 Jul 15, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
You've had it wrong on "everyone" of the above comments that you have made, which means that you are batting 1000! Sorry to disappoint you Tiger Lily, but the "wake up call" is coming before your very eyes as bible only Protestants and their ministers are converting by the thousands to the TRUE GOSPEL and TRUE CHRISTIANITY, in and through Jesus Christ and His One True Apostolic Catholic Church....Today, 1.168 Billion Catholics around the world already "know the TRUTH" (growing by 1.5% every year) as well as the Billions and Billions of Catholics that have "gone before us" marked with the sign of TRUE FAITH in Jesus Christ
http://queeringthechurch.com/2 011/01/11/pope-benedicts-gay-c ircus-at-the-vatican/
heres your TRUE CHURCH

Location hidden

#462228 Jul 15, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
http://queeringthechurch.com/2 011/01/11/pope-benedicts-gay-c ircus-at-the-vatican/

Prince George, Canada

#462229 Jul 15, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>I to believe it was just another cult that were smart enough to know how to use people in order to get what they wanted power and money, they used the roman empire to build their fortune by taking what the romans left behind, then they turned to accusing people of heresy, so they could steal their land and possessions legally, in order to gain the power the sought, they went out on crusades to destroy the biggest threats against them, which was not the Jew, but the Muslim, Islam was growing by leaps and bounds and that worried the newly found man made church, so they hid behind the guise of a vicar of Christ an went about killing all those non catholic an claiming it to be of gods will. Fore they are (chuckle) the true church! we can do anything. MY CURIOSITY lies in how many people did they pay off over the years to stay in power after the fall of the roman empire?
But the ones within the cults that slobber over their gods as though the gods LOVE them, fail to see that they were taught religion by theologians who USED them as they would use "dumb" animals. No offense meant to the non-human animals.

Theologians preached, "It's time to go to war and kill "god's" enemies. Those nasty heretics have hurt god's feelings AGAIN ... blah, blah, blah."

Prince George, Canada

#462230 Jul 15, 2013
Tony17 wrote:
THE DEVIL IS A LIAR.
If the devil is making people lie, then your god should shoot the S.O.B. But instead your god uses the devil to burn souls in hell that refuse to believe in god.

Stupid dogmas for stupid people!
Human Being

Iowa, LA

#462231 Jul 15, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>there are exceptions to the rule, in families similar to my ex g/f's, when growing up you constantly hear about teachings of a certain religion so much so that you believe it to the point that even as an adult you can't change your mind, mostly out of the fear put in you that goes along with the sermons. I liked her parents as long as you stayed away from religion, politics and gay people, boy they hate gay people, they refuse to watch the Ellen generes show because she is gay, I asked them one time did you ever watch merv Griffins talk show? and they did, and I said that's surprising considering you don't like gay people, same thing with liberace, left them red in the face. speechless for the first time in their lives lol. I loved it.
jethro8

I enjoyed Liberace on tv while growing up. Just a couple of days ago I saw him on TCM, "Sincerely Yours". It is one of the classic greats....

His talent was undeniable....

Prince George, Canada

#462232 Jul 15, 2013
[QUOTE who="Tony17
The Lord rebuke you you vile spirit.[/QUOTE]

Are you bossing that imaginary Jew around again?

:)

If I was a real Jesus I would smack you across three countries on earth, to teach you some respect of my ability to know what needs to be done.

Location hidden

#462233 Jul 15, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
does anyone here watch the history channels?? well I do, and I notice they are pushing more an more about ancient aliens coming to earth and mining for gold, there are carvings in walls thousands of years old of human bodies with animal heads on them, and things that resemble people, and flying machines drawn on the walls or found in hieroglyphics, not just in Egypt but in other countries, France, Scotland, south American countries, there is more proof than there is about the bible that ancient society was visited by space aliens. the story is a bit hard to swallow, some scientists are claiming, they changed mans dna to what you see today so they could do the mining work for these visitors, and they played mad scientist also, as I noted there are dozens of carvings/drawings of critters with an animals head on a mans body, like a birds or lions, and the ox. how is this possible in such primitive times? and the carvings out of gold of little figures shaped like space craft, found in south America, how is that possible dating 5,000 yrs. and longer in the past for man to carve such things.
I know this all true because the artifacts have been found buried deep in the ground, you can see them, touch them, there existence can not be denied like the bible can be easily denied because it has no such supporting history, anything to do with the Christian religion mysteriously disappears, and we have strong evidence of alien life being here, the best case, is the drawing of the Madonna holding a child done 5000 yrs ago, in the back ground is the sun on one side and on the other there is a man standing on a hill pointing at a round object flying in the air, can anyone give a rational explanation for it?
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/new s/religion/the-pope/8009299/Po pe-Benedict-XVIs-astronomer-th e-Catholic-Church-welcomes-ali ens.html

Prince George, Canada

#462234 Jul 15, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>she was not my wife, i'm not that stupid, I moved in with her after my first cancer operation at her insistence because there was no way I could take care of myself with over 80 big staples in my stomach, I have a big L shape scar from my rib cage on right down towards my hip then over to my left hip, they really opened me up, and she had to lie to then otherwise be disowned by her family, they would of told her not to contact them again if they knew, to understand, you'd have to experience them. mom is over controlling and neglected my g/f also I noticed in family photos where the kids were young and playing out side any time of the year mom is not there only dad is,she won't let her son leave the nest, he's my age an never left home, somehow they came up with excuses to keep him there, and he in mentally challenged, they won't admit it but it's obvious, dad is the religious one and very paranoid, never has a god thing to say about anything you want to do, always a negative attitude, small example I love the Berkshires in the fall, mentioned it at a family gathering that I and my g/f were going to drive through there to see the colors of the leaf changes, and her father jumps in, what? go all that way to see colors? what a waist of time an gas, there's nothing to do there, on the contrary, there is a lot to do there, it's called experiencing nature, I had a highrise 4x4 could travel any road in the any state had 18 in. ground clearance, we didn't stay on the main roads we went deep into the woods, where nature is at it's best, bears, deer, foxes, coyotes, and various small critters were everywhere and we made a friend with a chipmunk, we camped right next to it's hole in the ground didn't know it till it popped out an scared the g/f after I laughed my head off I showed her they were nothing to fear put a little peanut butter on a piece of bread and kept doing it right up to our camp site and he followed and was eating with us in no time and we hand fed him, she loved it, she was raised with parents that didn't allow that sort of behavior, she was taught to fear every critter like her father did, I opened a lot of doors for her, made life a better place, then two years gone by and I got sick and it ruined everything.
Life can be a rough ride indeed.

One of my relatives has had it rough for the last while. When I conversed with her a few days ago, she said all we can do is to try to keep on swimming.

That seemed to me a fitting analogy. Sink or keep swimming. The horrendous emotional and physical pain in life is too much for some to bear and that is why so many people choose suicide as the fitting option.

The problem with suicide is, a person can't undo it.

“HAVE A BLESSED ”

Since: Aug 08

CHRISTMAS

#462235 Jul 15, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
Have they lost their collective minds.

Or is this a fake story.

Prince George, Canada

#462236 Jul 15, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>oh I can say more about that scum sucking lying a-whole, the only person I know who has to drop his drawers and turn around to face his pc. THIS goes back a few years when I first came on here and I posted a few things about the catholic churches molesting case, he in turn stated that I WAS possibly a pedophile myself, well it boiled my blood then and still does today, cause I have a victim in my family, if I ever met him, he'd find out if god truly exists or not in 5 minutes or less. piece of s&%#t.
I suggest you keep in mind that when you insult other people's religions, which are of the absolute highest value to them, they will in turn cut you back in your weakest areas. It's the nature of forums.

I hand out the insults, and expect the same in return.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 6 min It aint necessari... 773,451
IRA fading away, analysts say (Sep '08) 17 min rock white 14
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 22 min arabian 5,492
kelly bright 1 hr bigbadwolf91869 1
Teacher back in class after Bush-Hitler comparison (Mar '06) 1 hr Sniper II 95
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 2 hr truth 5,704
ye olde village pub (Jun '07) 2 hr Ruby88 53,246
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 2 hr AussieBobby 264,978
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 3 hr AN NFL FAN 119,633
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 4 hr Catcher1 175,509
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 5 hr lil whispers 604,737
More from around the web