Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 667516 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#462163 Jul 14, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe religion is all based on guessing games ... fairy tales ... illusions ... gossip, morphed and re-morphed to suit individual tastes.
ALL!!!
Your "personal editorialized opinion" has absolutely no influence (what-so-ever) on my own personal relationship with Jesus Christ, in and through His One True Apostolic Catholic Church...... You, June can believe what you want!..... Makes little or no difference to me! One would think (at your age) you would have attain some degree of "spiritual wisdom" in the final years of your life!!
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#462164 Jul 14, 2013
Tiger Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
hojo, you are brainwashed and totally deluded.
The RCC teaches ALL BUT THE TRUTH.
The RCC is the originator of the JESUITS whose sole task was to confuse protestants and feed them lies and half truths so that they would return to "the mother church".
The RCC is also the originator of the Illuminati who I'm sure you will have heard of. They are the most deceptive organisation ever on this planet.
In no way would knowing protestants ever conceive of joining with the harlot church you adhere to.
The RCC has persecuted, tortured and burned many true saints throughout history.
You are one who has been spawned by this horrific religion as you constantly crow about it being the FULLNESS or COMPLETENESS of the TRUTH. Which it is not.
Anything the RCC has touched is corrupt and false.
Just look at the characters who have lead your abomination.
Research TEN WORST POPES and you will see how sick the RCC really is.
You can believe all of the distorted and perverted (anti-catholic) bible only nonsense that you want Tiger Lily. I/we as Catholics will continue to adhere to, believe and follow the TRUTH of the Gospel (as billions of Catholics have for over 2000) in Jesus Christ, in and through His One (and only one) TRUE APOSTOLIC CATHOLIC CHURCH, with Daily Mass, the Eucharist, the Sacred Scriptrues, the Sacraments and the Daily Adoration Prayer Chapel You, my friend --can do what you want!!
Tiger Lily

Auckland, New Zealand

#462165 Jul 14, 2013
hojo wrote:
You can believe all of the distorted and perverted (anti-catholic) bible only nonsense that you want Tiger Lily. I/we as Catholics will continue to adhere to, believe and follow the TRUTH of the Gospel (as billions of Catholics have for over 2000) in Jesus Christ, in and through His One (and only one) TRUE APOSTOLIC CATHOLIC CHURCH, with Daily Mass, the Eucharist, the Sacred Scriptrues, the Sacraments and the Daily Adoration Prayer Chapel. You, my friend --can do what you want!!
And who says what I believe is distorted or perverted? You?

There you go again, spouting the same old same old BS about the Roman Catholic Church.

It is very not true and very not apostolic.

The apostles kept a seventh day Sabbath. Read the book of Acts.

Your Constantine in his famous edict changed that to the day Sun Worshippers kept: Sunday. So... your church is NOT apostolic.

Your Eucharist is an abomination in that it makes a sacrifice of God who made One sacrifice for all on the cross.

Your priests MAKE God and then eat Him. Hocus Pocus is incanted over a cracker and then you worship it.
Preposterous.

Billions of Catholics live in a world concocted by evil popes over centuries. WAKE UP, hojo.
Tiger Lily

Auckland, New Zealand

#462166 Jul 14, 2013
Just a few texts to prove that the Apostles kept the seventh day holy...

"And they returned and prepared spices and ointments, and rested the Sabbath day according to the commandment." Mark this: "And rested the Sabbath day, ACCORDING TO THE COMMANDMENT.

Acts 13:42, says, "And when the Jews were gone out of the synagogue, the Gentiles* besought that these words might be preached to them the next Sabbath."

Acts 13: 44, "And the next Sabbath-day came almost the whole city together, to hear the word of God. "

Acts 16:13, "And on the Sabbath we went out of the city by a river side, where prayer was wont to be made."

Chap. 17:2 "And Paul as his manner was; went in unto them, and three Sabbath-days reasoned with them out of the scriptures." This says, "as his manner was."

28:4, "And he reasoned in the synagogue every Sabbath and persuaded the Jews and Greeks." This is "every Sabbath."

11th verse, "And he continued there a year and six months." Now if it was Paul's "manner" to reason in the synagogue "EVERY Sabbath", He must have in this place, observed seventy-eight Sabbaths.

It is evident that Christ had his eye on the observance of Sabbath, as late certainly as A. D. 70, when Jerusalem was destroyed when he said: "Pray ye that your flight be not in winter, neither on the Sabbath-day. " Matt. 24:20.

But if this "tribulation" spoken of, has reference to the "Papal persecution," as many believe, then they were directed in the observance of the Sabbath, to a much later period. Paul in Heb. 4:4, says, "For He spake in a certain place of the seventh day on this wise, And God did rest the seventh day from all his works," ...--Not the first, but the seventh day.

In the third and fourth centuries, as the Catholic Church rose to prominence in the Roman Empire, it increasingly incorporated customs adapted from pagan worship practices.
Among these was the elevation of Sunday, the day devoted to honouring the sun god, a deity extremely popular among the Roman masses.

Meanwhile, those who held to the original teachings of the apostles were increasingly persecuted.

By A.D. 365 an edict by Catholic leaders at the Council of Laodicea declared: "Christians must not Judaize by resting on the Sabbath, but must work on that day, rather, honouring the Lord's Day [Sunday]; and, if they can, resting then as Christians. But if any shall be found to be Judaizers, let them be anathema from Christ [i.e., excommunicated]" (Nicene and Post-Nicene Fathers, Vol. 19, p. 148,

Now you have to ask yourselves, are you following what scripture plainly teaches?
Or are you following what some men have apparently written after Christ left this Earth?

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#462167 Jul 14, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>where have I lied, june.
I believe with ALL my heart that if a person doesn't accept Jesus Christ as their Savior they are lost.
now you can like those words or heed them. the choice is YOURS!
The biggest lie ever is that others must follow your flavor of Christianity or Jesus won't love them.

Muslims don't give a rat's ass if "your imaginary" Jesus loves them, as they don't believe he is their savior.

You just don't GET that concept, just as the Muslims don't get your concept. As are so many in religion, your views are both very narrow.

Prince George, Canada

#462168 Jul 14, 2013
Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>Many so called Christians cannot grasp the teaching of heaven and hell themselves so it's no wonder they teach it wrongly.
My daughter wrote this poem.

Black and White

If he sees the ball as white
And your side's black as night

Let us turn the ball around
You'll find both black and white

Two sides there are to everything
So when you think you're right

Just put yourself within his place
You'll see that ball as white!

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#462169 Jul 14, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Point was ..cut d own on the alcohol in it ..Lol.So they don t get arrested.
Though I don't understand t h e concern ..since they only sip the wine..
They don't want to cut down on the alcohol.....they like it...to the point that many become alcoholics...there is a Catholic Rehab for alcoholic Catholic priests not more than three miles from my home..

Prince George, Canada

#462170 Jul 14, 2013
Devout religious believers simply don't WANT to see that if they were born in any other religion, they would be raised to believe they know the one and only truth.

It's not a complicated concept at all ... but it's one that most all people in religion adamantly refuse to accept.

And that stubborn attitude is what continually fuels the fires that motivate religious right-fighters.

Even jumping from one religion to another doesn't mean that a person is any closer to owning truth. It simply means the person has found a new emotional zone of mental "comfort."

Location hidden

#462171 Jul 14, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>let me tell you how a minister is judged.
"it is ordained that we who preach the Gospel must live by it."
same book that judges sin also judges us.
No Difference!!!!
Whaddabouit Man called of God????? Is there a problem????? You are hiding...again.....

Logic tells me that a man "called of God would have no problem answering such a simple statement: tell me the following does not teach that Jesus is not God...

You are a fraud....you are one of those the Bible speaks of...wolves dressed in the clothes of sheep...

Prove my words: Do you agree with the teaching of the Catholics and the SBC:

Christ is the eternal Son of God. In His incarnation as Jesus Christ He was conceived of the Holy Spirit and born of the virgin Mary. Jesus perfectly revealed and did the will of God, taking upon Himself human nature with its demands and necessities and identifying Himself completely with mankind yet without sin...

And: The Catholics:
Jesus Christ, the incarnate Son of God...redeemer of the human Race..

Prince George, Canada

#462172 Jul 14, 2013
When I admit that I don't know if awareness continues after death of the human physical body, people of religion are often very insulted.

The reason they are insulted, is because they want to believe they DO know and they often do everything in their power to "convince" me that what they preach at me is based on their ability TO know.

But just as they don't believe those in other religions know truth... I don't believe that THEY know truth.

That's fair ... isn't it?

“YESHUA IS LORD”

Since: Apr 07

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#462174 Jul 14, 2013
Tiger Lily wrote:
Just a few texts to prove that the Apostles kept the seventh day holy...
"And they returned and prepared spices and ointments, and rested the Sabbath day according to the commandment." Mark this: "And rested the Sabbath day, ACCORDING TO THE COMMANDMENT.
Acts 13:42, says, "And when the Jews were gone out of the synagogue, the Gentiles* besought that these words might be preached to them the next Sabbath."
Acts 13: 44, "And the next Sabbath-day came almost the whole city together, to hear the word of God. "
Acts 16:13, "And on the Sabbath we went out of the city by a river side, where prayer was wont to be made."
Chap. 17:2 "And Paul as his manner was; went in unto them, and three Sabbath-days reasoned with them out of the scriptures." This says, "as his manner was."
28:4, "And he reasoned in the synagogue every Sabbath and persuaded the Jews and Greeks." This is "every Sabbath."
11th verse, "And he continued there a year and six months." Now if it was Paul's "manner" to reason in the synagogue "EVERY Sabbath", He must have in this place, observed seventy-eight Sabbaths.
It is evident that Christ had his eye on the observance of Sabbath, as late certainly as A. D. 70, when Jerusalem was destroyed when he said: "Pray ye that your flight be not in winter, neither on the Sabbath-day. " Matt. 24:20.
But if this "tribulation" spoken of, has reference to the "Papal persecution," as many believe, then they were directed in the observance of the Sabbath, to a much later period. Paul in Heb. 4:4, says, "For He spake in a certain place of the seventh day on this wise, And God did rest the seventh day from all his works," ...--Not the first, but the seventh day.
In the third and fourth centuries, as the Catholic Church rose to prominence in the Roman Empire, it increasingly incorporated customs adapted from pagan worship practices.
Among these was the elevation of Sunday, the day devoted to honouring the sun god, a deity extremely popular among the Roman masses.
Meanwhile, those who held to the original teachings of the apostles were increasingly persecuted.
By A.D. 365 an edict by Catholic leaders at the Council of Laodicea declared: "Christians must not Judaize by resting on the Sabbath, but must work on that day, rather, honouring the Lord's Day [Sunday]; and, if they can, resting then as Christians. But if any shall be found to be Judaizers, let them be anathema from Christ [i.e., excommunicated]" (Nicene and Post-Nicene Fathers, Vol. 19, p. 148,
Now you have to ask yourselves, are you following what scripture plainly teaches?
Or are you following what some men have apparently written after Christ left this Earth?
I respectfully disagree with you on the keeping of the Sabbath.

http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/Basics/jesus_i...

Location hidden

#462175 Jul 14, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
who="Clay "
I don't believe you. But if it were true, your grandparents should have been arrested and thrown in jail for concealing a crime.
Clay...parents have done that who were not Catholic, so she is probably right. I know a woman whose uncles molested her. She told her mother, who accused her of lying.
Some parents were 'taken' with the idea that religious people wouldn't do such a thing. Some of them were scared. Some of them simply didn't believe that ANYONE could do such a thing.
Why didn't they believe their children? Fear maybe. Shame. What father wanted to be guilty of accusing 'a man of God'???
Some children never told...for a multitude of reasons.
Time to help children who can't make up such things...
KayMarie
Your non response to my questions is casting a huge shadow of doubt on your claim of being a Christan.....

Try it one-at-a-time.....squint...tha t helps..some of he time...

Does the following teach that Christ is God????

Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#462176 Jul 14, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
They don't want to cut down on the alcohol.....they like it...to the point that many become alcoholics...there is a Catholic Rehab for alcoholic Catholic priests not more than three miles from my home..
I am sure there are alcoholics in every walk of life
But I find it hard to believe priests get a high alcohol reading
Just by serving at mass.

Maybe it had to do with them nit throwing it out ..But backs when they only passed out the host ..I think they only used a bit to consecrated..now I guess they have to consecrated more if they pass it out??

Maybe some Catholic can answer ..can they just save the wine they do not use..like the consecrated hosts they used to keep in the tabernacle...

Maybe A Catholic can answer that one.

My point was if it's a problem if the laws change..just make the wine weaker .

Render to Caesar..

And don't worry about it

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#462177 Jul 14, 2013
who="Oxbow"
Your non response to my questions is casting a huge shadow of doubt on your claim of being a Christan.....

Try reading the whole portion:

Php 2:5 Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus:
Php 2:6 Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery *(thievery,was not condemned)*,to be equal with God:
Php 2:7 BUT made himself of no reputation *(forsook His position, humbled Himself)*, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men:
Php 2:8 And being found in fashion AS as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.
Php 2:9 Wherefore GOD ALSO HAS HIGHLY EXALTED HIM, AND GIVEN HIM A NAME WHICH IS ABOVE EVERY NAME:
Php 2:10 That at the name of Jesus EVERY knee should bow, of things IN HEAVEN, and things IN EARTH, AND things UNDER THE EARTH;
Php 2:11 And that EVERY tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

What say you?

KayMarie

Location hidden

#462178 Jul 14, 2013
Madam Kindle wrote:
<quoted text>
Just by serving at mass.
Maybe it had to do with them nit throwing it out ..But backs when they only passed out the host ..I think they only used a bit to consecrated..now I guess they have to consecrated more if they pass it out??
Maybe some Catholic can answer ..can they just save the wine they do not use..like the consecrated hosts they used to keep in the tabernacle...
Render to Caesar..
And don't worry about it
There are alcoholics in all walks of life, but a Catholic priest, a man called of God, as was Atemcowboy, is not expected to be a drunkard.....and would not be if he was not drinking alcohol every time he said mass!!!!!

Ant said he drank the blood of Christ twice a week...which says all Catholics do likewise, or, at the very least, every time they drink the blood of Christ....if that were so, there would not be alcoholic Catholic priests from drinking such...there are alcoholics...no bloodcoholics..

The priests in Ireland would not be concerned that the alcohol reading in a Breathalyzer test would be lowered!!! Now would they????

Location hidden

#462179 Jul 14, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
who="Oxbow"
Try reading the whole portion:
Php 2:5 Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus:
Php 2:6 Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery *(thievery,was not condemned)*,to be equal with God:
Php 2:7 BUT made himself of no reputation *(forsook His position, humbled Himself)*, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men:
Php 2:8 And being found in fashion AS as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.
Php 2:9 Wherefore GOD ALSO HAS HIGHLY EXALTED HIM, AND GIVEN HIM A NAME WHICH IS ABOVE EVERY NAME:
Php 2:10 That at the name of Jesus EVERY knee should bow, of things IN HEAVEN, and things IN EARTH, AND things UNDER THE EARTH;
Php 2:11 And that EVERY tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.
What say you?
KayMarie
What say I is the same:

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#462180 Jul 14, 2013
Madam Kindle wrote:
<quoted text>
Just by serving at mass.
Render to Caesar..
And don't worry about it
SORRY THIS is me s also ..I use this name on another site as a joke..no idea that I was using it here ..Lol .

Reset the whole kindle and it messed me up

“YESHUA IS LORD”

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#462181 Jul 14, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
What say I is the same:
Hebrews 1:8.

http://www.biblestudytools.com/search/...

Christ is called God.

Why do some of you ignore many of the scriptures?

Location hidden

#462182 Jul 14, 2013
Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>Hebrews 1:8.
http://www.biblestudytools.com/search/...
Christ is called God.
Why do some of you ignore many of the scriptures?
I have no interest...none...in discussing the Sacred Word of God, with a person that God has given up to a reprobate mind...

“YESHUA IS LORD”

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#462183 Jul 14, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
I have no interest...none...in discussing the Sacred Word of God, with a person that God has given up to a reprobate mind...
Discuss? I'm not here to discuss the word of God with you because you're not qualified to discuss the word of God with me. I'm here to teach you the word of God,not discuss it with you.

So I'll keep teaching and you keep listening. Kay? Maybe in a few years of me teaching you then you will be able to discuss it with me but at this time as I stated, you're not qualified to discuss the word of God with me.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 5 min bad bob 183,607
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 13 min Pegasus is a pus sy 285,942
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 31 min Gabriel 979,269
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 37 min Elerby 92,252
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 51 min RiccardoFire 46,035
Waiting to pee 3 hr Tallguy95 1
allofourstuff.com 4 hr AllofOurStuff 1
More from around the web