Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 542,017
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story

“Let the Children”

Since: Aug 08

Come To Me

#461854 Jul 13, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
And STILL ... not one sentiment for the REAL Jews that suffered and died all those centuries at the hands of rabid Catholics ... bibles and other weapons in hand.
I guess THOSE Jews couldn't give you that promise of salvation ... HUH?
Christians ... leeching on to an imaginary Jew in hopes that the Jew will save the Christians.
Yet century after century, the Christians never thought of saving the Jews from total annihilation.
But still ... Christians believed they should be rewarded.
Actually they did nit have bibles

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#461855 Jul 13, 2013
socci wrote:
<quoted text>
yes, "the elect" is a biblical term for God's people. It says "..the world is deceived, if possible even the very elect.."(Mt 24:24) meaning God's people would not be deceived.
I understand how you believe you are special and are certain that a god supports your AIM.

I don't agree!

What do you think is so appealing about your religion that makes it so a god can't resist it???

:)

“Let the Children”

Come To Me

#461856 Jul 13, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
REALLY??? So why do you believe the one god with NO religion, favors ONLY those in the Catholic religion???
Liar!!!
As you very well know June.

Religion is,something people use rightly or wrongly to WORSHIP GOD.

He Himself has no need of or want for RELIGION

AND,I most certainly do not believe only CATHOLICS are saved.

Those who accept the redeeming sacrifice if our Saviour Jesus Christ are saved.

RELIGION as such has nothing to do with it..

Prince George, Canada

#461857 Jul 13, 2013
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
He even loves paranoid SDA cultists who insist on tripping before they log onto Topix.
Now you are avoiding by being silly.

If a god has no religion as you claimed is TRUE, why do you believe the god would favor Catholics?

Prince George, Canada

#461858 Jul 13, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually they did nit have bibles
You call THAT a response to the content of my post??? Maybe you could try again.

And yes, Jews did have their own books of religion.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>

June VanDerMark wrote:

<quoted text>
And STILL ... not one sentiment for the REAL Jews that suffered and died all those centuries at the hands of rabid Catholics ... bibles and other weapons in hand.
I guess THOSE Jews couldn't give you that promise of salvation ... HUH?
Christians ... leeching on to an imaginary Jew in hopes that the Jew will save the Christians.
Yet century after century, the Christians never thought of saving the Jews from total annihilation.
But still ... Christians believed they should be rewarded.

Prince George, Canada

#461859 Jul 13, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
As you very well know June.
Religion is,something people use rightly or wrongly to WORSHIP GOD.
He Himself has no need of or want for RELIGION
AND,I most certainly do not believe only CATHOLICS are saved.
Those who accept the redeeming sacrifice if our Saviour Jesus Christ are saved.
RELIGION as such has nothing to do with it..
Well let me re-phrase ... why do believe a god with no religion would give a rat's ass what a Jew by the name of Jesus taught?

If the god had no religion, he wouldn't want ANYONE to preach religion, as he would be an Atheist.
ReginaM

Toms River, NJ

#461860 Jul 13, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Liars ... one and all.
All they did was quote their own beliefs, and went home with the same divided beliefs with which they first came in order to fight and squabble among their selves who the god loved and who the god disowned.
Idiots!
Oh, now wait one cotton picking minute! I'M the liar, not DS. Haven't you heard??? I'm now the biggest liar and hypocrite on this board and EVERYONE, JUST EVERYONE, knows all about me by now.
So give me back my crown. DS had his chance a few years ago when he held the title. Anthony also had a turn or several, along with many other Catholics. In fact, along with EVERY other Catholic at one time or another. I know John, God rest his soul, held the honor several times running!
Now it's my turn and you're not giving it away to anyone else, so butt out!

“Let the Children”

Come To Me

#461862 Jul 13, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
Isa 53:6 All we like sheep have gone astray;
we have turned every one to his own way; and
--> the LORD hath laid on him the iniquity of us all. <--
2Co_5:21 For he hath made him to be sin for us,
who knew no sin;
that we might be made
the righteousness of God in him.

You put things so in context

Prince George, Canada

#461863 Jul 13, 2013
Lies everywhere.

There is no such thing as a "Christian" old testament. The old testament was written by Jews ... for Jews ONLY, and it was compiled hundreds of years before the word Christianity came into any language.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>

The Hebrew Bible (also Hebrew Scriptures, Jewish Bible (Judaica Bible); Latin: Biblia Hebraica) is a term used by biblical scholars to refer to the Tanakh (Hebrew: &#1514;&#1504;" &#1498;&#8206;), the canonical collection of Jewish texts, which is the common textual source of the several canonical editions of the Christian Old Testament.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hebrew_Bible

Prince George, Canada

#461864 Jul 13, 2013
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, now wait one cotton picking minute! I'M the liar, not DS. Haven't you heard??? I'm now the biggest liar and hypocrite on this board and EVERYONE, JUST EVERYONE, knows all about me by now.
So give me back my crown. DS had his chance a few years ago when he held the title. Anthony also had a turn or several, along with many other Catholics. In fact, along with EVERY other Catholic at one time or another. I know John, God rest his soul, held the honor several times running!
Now it's my turn and you're not giving it away to anyone else, so butt out!
You are all liars.

When you claim that a Jew is coming to save you, you can express that as your belief, and THAT I will accept ... but when you tell me that your belief is based on absolute truth, THAT is another matter altogether.

I don't accept THAT as truth, and that is my right!

And I WON'T butt out. This a forum ... not a Catholic church.

Prince George, Canada

#461865 Jul 13, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
You put things so in context
Hahahahahaha

Anyone can post scriptures and kaymarie is an expert scripture-poster.

It proves nothing except that men wrote words and kaymarie can read and post the words ... period.
socci

Lawson, MO

#461866 Jul 13, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
Lies everywhere.
There is no such thing as a "Christian" old testament. The old testament was written by Jews ... for Jews ONLY, and it was compiled hundreds of years before the word Christianity came into any language.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>
The Hebrew Bible (also Hebrew Scriptures, Jewish Bible (Judaica Bible); Latin: Biblia Hebraica) is a term used by biblical scholars to refer to the Tanakh (Hebrew: &#1514;&#1504;" &#1498;&#8206;), the canonical collection of Jewish texts, which is the common textual source of the several canonical editions of the Christian Old Testament.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hebrew_Bible

Before Jacob there was no Israel. The times before the flood had little need for the books since they lived 900 years. They could remember entire books and taught this to others. Still, the book of Genesis was partially written by Adam and others through Noah who also wrote parts. Genesis is the oldest book on the planet.
http://archive.org/details/WhoWroteTheBookOfG...

The OT books were written for all God's people who for a time were the Hebrews, and did tell of a coming Messiah (Dn 7:24-27)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Masoretic_Text
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#461867 Jul 13, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
Is Paul neglecting Jesus's words in 1 Cor 11? The words in parentheses are Jesus's.
1 Cor 11:23 For I pass on to you what I received from the Lord himself. On the night when he was betrayed, the Lord Jesus took some bread 24and gave thanks to God for it. Then he broke it in pieces and said,“This is my body, which is given for you.f Do this to remember me.” 25In the same way, he took the cup of wine after supper, saying,“This cup is the new covenant between God and his people—an agreement confirmed with my blood. Do this to remember me as often as you drink it.” 26For every time you eat this bread and drink this cup, you are announcing the Lord’s death until he comes again.
No, he confirms Jesus's words. And he emphasizes the danger of a symbolic "communion" in the next paragraph.

27Therefore whosoever shall eat this bread, or drink the chalice of the Lord unworthily, shall be guilty of the body and of the blood of the Lord. 28But let a man prove himself: and so let him eat of that bread, and drink of the chalice. 29For he that eateth and drinketh unworthily, eateth and drinketh judgment to himself, not discerning the body of the Lord. 30Therefore are there many inform and weak among you, and many sleep. 31But if we would judge ourselves, we should not be judged. 32But whilst we are judged, we are chastised by the Lord, that we be not condemned with this world.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#461868 Jul 13, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
The issue is that we Catholics recognize your Christianity, but most of you do not return the recognition. Even going so far as to condemn us to Hell. Many of you falsely accuse us of worshiping Mary and statues etc.
Also, nobody seems to want to know what the Catholic Church really teaches. They would rather keep believing their misconceptions. I suppose its easier to do that than to admit wrong doing?
Although Catholics acknowledge Protestants as Christians, we could never acknowledge Protestantism as legitimate Christian teachings .
It simply teaches things that are opposite of what Christ taught. That is the truth.
You've come close to Christ by reading the Books the Catholic Church put together and called 'The Bible'... But by eliminating the Church upon which the Bible came, you are not receiving the fullness of the faith. You couldn't be, because you're going by the Bible alone. That's not the fullness. and more importantly, to go by your individual interpretations instead of what the Apostles conveyed orally about their written documents, is really moving away from the fullness of Christianity.
In black and white...Catlicks do be worship da Mary!!!!

Pope John Paul II and Marian Worship...

POPE PRAYER TO MARY.

Pope John Paul bowing before a statue of Mary in worship.(See below right pic as well)

On May 7 Pope John Paul II dedicated his general audience to "the Virgin Mary" and urged all Christians to accept Mary as their mother. He noted the words spoken by Jesus on the cross to Mary and to John--"Woman, behold thy son!" and "Behold thy mother!" (John 19:26,27), and he claimed that in this statement "IT IS POSSIBLE TO UNDERSTAND THE AUTHENTIC MEANING OF MARIAN WORSHIP in the ecclesial community ... which furthermore is based on the will of Christ" (Vatican Information Service, May 7, 1997).

John Paul II underlined that "the history of Christian piety teaches that MARY IS THE PATH THAT LEADS TO CHRIST, and that filial devotion to her does not at all diminish intimacy with Jesus, but rather, it increases it and leads it to very high levels of perfection." He concluded by asking all Christians "to make room (for Mary) in their daily lives, ACKNOWLEDGING HER PROVIDENTIAL ROLE IN THE PATH OF SALVATION"

See: in worship.
ReginaM

Toms River, NJ

#461869 Jul 13, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
You are all liars.
When you claim that a Jew is coming to save you, you can express that as your belief, and THAT I will accept ... but when you tell me that your belief is based on absolute truth, THAT is another matter altogether.
I don't accept THAT as truth, and that is my right!
And I WON'T butt out. This a forum ... not a Catholic church.
June, to you I will defer. Besides, I've got a whopper of a sinus headache. See you later.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#461870 Jul 13, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
You serve a different Jesus besides the on that Christians serve..
The Jesus that Christians serve did what the Heavenly Father did and obeyed Him
Joh_5:19 Then answered Jesus and said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, The Son can do nothing of himself, but what he seeth the Father do: for what things soever he doeth, these also doeth the Son likewise.
YOU ROMAN CATHOLICS HEAR Your god in Rome
THAT does what your (so called holy fathers) said do and you follow
them... and do what your pope says do.
Lots of blustering and false witness from you here Gif. When are you going to start backing up your accusations with fact?
socci

Lawson, MO

#461871 Jul 13, 2013
ReginaM wrote:
He even loves paranoid SDA cultists who insist on tripping before they log onto Topix.

I dont know.. some of them teaching Ellen White might run into problems. But, SDA dont do drugs. They dont even eat pork or drink any alcohol, or smoke cigarettes.

The bible telling truths about Rome long before Rome ever existed may seem unusual to someone who has never studied the Bible. God knows the end from the beginning and has revealed the thing..

If the thing written is fulfilled then it was God inspired.

"Now I tell you before it come, that, when it is come to pass, you may believe that I am he." (John 13:19)

Location hidden

#461872 Jul 13, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
"THE ROMAN CATHOLIC DENIES
THAT THE BELIEVER
HAS THE GOD GIVEN POWER TO BECOME A SON OF GOD."
No faithful Catholic has ever denied that.
"thous shalt not bear false witness"
Tell us how you became a son of God.....

Location hidden

#461873 Jul 13, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Confrinting bears false witness.
From the Catechism;
1213 Holy Baptism is the basis of the whole Christian life, the gateway to life in the Spirit (vitae spiritualis ianua),4 and the door which gives access to the other sacraments. Through Baptism we are freed from sin and reborn as sons of God; we become members of Christ, are incorporated into the Church and made sharers in her mission: "Baptism is the sacrament of regeneration through water in the word."5
I. WHAT IS THIS SACRAMENT CALLED?
1214 This sacrament is called Baptism, after the central rite by which it is carried out: to baptize (Greek baptizein) means to "plunge" or "immerse"; the "plunge" into the water symbolizes the catechumen's burial into Christ's death, from which he rises up by resurrection with him, as "a new creature."6
1215 This sacrament is also called "the washing of regeneration and renewal by the Holy Spirit," for it signifies and actually brings about the birth of water and the Spirit without which no one "can enter the kingdom of God."7
1216 "This bath is called enlightenment, because those who receive this [catechetical] instruction are enlightened in their understanding ...."8 Having received in Baptism the Word, "the true light that enlightens every man," the person baptized has been "enlightened," he becomes a "son of light," indeed, he becomes "light" himself:9
What Scripture supports this:
From the Catechism;

1213 Holy Baptism is the basis of the whole Christian life, the gateway to life in the Spirit (vitae spiritualis ianua),4 and the door which gives access to the other sacraments. Through Baptism we are freed from sin and reborn as sons of God; we become members of Christ, are incorporated into the Church and made sharers in her mission: "Baptism is the sacrament of regeneration through water in the word."5

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#461874 Jul 13, 2013
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
You're parroting the protestant party line...."Catholics worship their church more than they do Jesus." I don't know which one told you that, but it isn't true, although it does seem to cover a multitude of other lies protestants tell about Catholics.
The Church is Christ's Bride, He founded the Catholic Church, it is His Mystical Body, and we are part of that Body. You cannot separate Christ from His Body, from His Church, but every single day you people make an attempt to do so.
You seem to worship your personal opinion over that of the Apostolic faith, the teaching passed on from Christ to His Apostles, His Church. I'll stick with the faith once given, you can have your opinions about what you think scripture means and how the faith developed over the centuries since Pentecost, because develop it did. Out of necessity in order to refute and correct heresy. How ironic that those same heresies are being revived and revisited by protestants all these hundreds of years later.
I did not say I was leaving.
Sorry :)
~~~
You wrote

"How ironic that those same heresies are being revived and revisited by protestants all these hundreds of years later."

___

The Roman Catholic protestants that splintered off from the original

Orthodox Christian Church is the first protestant Church..

It is the one that has attempted to hijack the dynasty of David, continue a physical church under it's own laws, conjecture rituals and
government..

The Church that Jesus built is a spiritual Church established in the hearts of those that receive Him as their Lord and savior

It is quiet evident that The one that The Apostle Paul wrote about in

the first chapter of Romans...Is the Roman Catholic Church

It has the same M.O. of idolatry that He described there.

It has continued to exist over the centuries by

fear,

compromising the truth of God word,

mixing Christianity with paganism,

coercion

persecution,

inquisitions,

torture,

murder,

theft,

burnings at stake,

control of governments

which rampage has been curtailed and

weakened by

sin

debauchery

competition and

infighting.

it is a prime candidate for antichrist converts when he

arrives on the scene..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 6 min Stilgar Fifrawi 738,573
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 11 min onemale 259,114
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 12 min RiccardoFire 95,411
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 31 min Student 38,687
4 word game (use same Letter) (Mar '13) 40 min bacon hater 1,084
*** All Time Favorite Songs *** (Dec '10) 1 hr Classic 1,805
dried poppy pods (Mar '13) 1 hr a pod lover 21
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 2 hr Seraphima 600,977
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 5 hr gto 173,632
•••
Enter and win $5000

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••