Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 699596 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#462087 Jul 14, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey sera, what's your point? We already know this stupidity is out there. No faithful Catholic is going to defend this. Are your intentions here to ridicule and shame Catholics by highlighting misguided Catholics and wishy-washy Catholic priests? Would you like us to post shameful behavior by the Orthodox?
Post away!I will not defend or upset with ANY abuses from the orthodox Church.I don't take it personally as you do...My intentions were to show Clay that the waving of hands PLUS MORE happens in your church also.To take the mass and make a mockery out of it goes without saying.So is this the way Christ True Church should behave?? And these wishy washy priest would not have performed these masses if they were not approved or any priest can are you telling me that hold whatever type of mass they choose?
June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#462088 Jul 14, 2013
That priest was well-beloved ... always up-beat ... but he didn't love his self!

The religion teaches that others burn in hell. He knew it. It was there in his face every day.

My guess is, he had a big heart and he wanted to believe that all "souls" would be saved ... not just those of the Catholic faith.

I might be wrong in my assessment, but I believe I am right.

My tears are for the priests who die in vain because they are certain that most people of the world will go to hell, and they KNOW they can do nothing about it.

The religion is sick and it spreads it sickness to those who believe it.

That teaching of hell is a bitter pill to try to swallow for devout believers with big hearts.
hojo

Chaska, MN

#462089 Jul 14, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Yet your religion teaches that Muslims will go to hell for eternity for not belonging to your "brand" of Christianity.
I suggest you stop trying to pretend that you believe Muslims are LOVED by "god" ... as that is a LIE and you know it.
Hog-Wash!! The Catholic Church does not teach (nor does it decide) as to "who" is going to heaven or who is going to hell!...
God is the final judge, and not the Catholic Church and especially not "anti-catholic" bible only (judgmental) Protestants, atheists or agnostics that have nothing better to do than to "attack, rip and vent their (vindictive vengeance) against Jesus Christ and His One True Apostolic Catholic Church........ The fact is June that (every one of your comments) is inudated and laced with anti-God, anti-Jesus and anti-Catholic Church "angered, bitter and hostile (exaggerated) comments. It is about time that YOU begin to refrain from "making things up" about what the Catholic Church "actually teaches and believes", simmer down, and begin to act more truthful in what you say!!!
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#462090 Jul 14, 2013
From the book … The Invasion Within … The Contest of Cultures in Colonial North America by James Axtell.

The earthly realization of the Christian vision entails that the conversion of the adherents of all other religions—Muslim, Buddhist, Taoist, Polytheist, monotheist. By its very nature, Christianity is exclusive and intolerant
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#462091 Jul 14, 2013
And Christianity is by no means the only religion that is exclusive and intolerant.

Many people believe that Buddhism is a religion of love, but that is far from the truth.

You will never hear that giggling dalai lama claim that HE is one of the "untouchables" and that he has to reincarnate until he gets to be "enlightened" ... as he now pretends is the case.

You know it, and I know it.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#462092 Jul 14, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Hog-Wash!! The Catholic Church does not teach (nor does it decide) as to "who" is going to heaven or who is going to hell!...
Then why for centuries did they burn supposed "heretics" and "witches" at the stake if they didn't claim to know who was evil and "bound" for the devil's hell???

By choosing to remain so blatantly stupid, you waste your own time on earth.

Location hidden

#462093 Jul 14, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok. I viewed it. Im not sure what your goal is here. Actually, i have a good idea what your goal is. You wanna attempt to smear the Catholic Mass by implying that we worship like this.
For starters, the last piece in your video wasn't a Catholic Mass at all. I think it was Episcopal or Methodist. The other ones weren't done at a Church and appear to be at a hospital or care center somewhere.(like i stated earlier...perhaps the costumes were for terminally sick children?)
Either way, i have never seen or heard of anything like that, and don't approve of it -but i guess i understand a Mass for kids with cancer if thats what it was.
I am a traditional Catholic, and i believe in a traditional Mass. I try and only take communion from a Priest too. I cringe when I see a kid with a Basketball jersey and his sister with a tank top receiving the Holy Eucharist.
That's why i appreciate the beauty of the Orthodox Mass.
I respect your last paragraph but have to disagree with the rest.
LTM

Kingston, Canada

#462094 Jul 14, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
Popular priest found dead in rectory
Moreno&#8201;was&#8201 ;well&#8201;known for work with city police
“He’s extremely, extremely well beloved,” Monsignor David G. LiPuma, priest secretary to Bishop Richard J. Malone and vice chancellor of the Catholic Diocese of Buffalo, told reporters Saturday.“He never said no to anyone, and he was there for every person at every station in life, whatever they needed. He seemed to always be present and always be able to help people in one way or another.”
http://www.buffalonews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/arti...
The priest my children had growing up was Father Harding, He was my angel here on earth at that time . Wonderful man He also helped people as this priest did.
People loved him, as did I.
hojo

Chaska, MN

#462095 Jul 14, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
And when you brag that YOU preach truth and others are lying ... that simply stems from your vanity.
Quit exaggerating June!! I don't brag nor project vanity just because I believe that Jesus Christs One True Catholic Church is 100% TRUE..... I/we ARE Catholics because we believe that the Catholic Church IS the FULLNESS of the Faith, and is the FULLNESS of the TRUTH. It does not mean that Protestants are not Christian!!....Since the Protestant Reformation, many of the BIBLICAL AND HISTORICAL DOCTINE of TRUTHS that were taught for the first 1500 years of the Catholic Church, which were the FULLNESS of the FAITH and the TRUTH were vindictively and beligerently "thrown out, discarded, and rejected" by (today) some 42,000 contradicting Protestants denominations that have reduced the teachings of the Bible and what Jesus taught to a mere "half-truth Christianity"---at best!!!

Location hidden

#462096 Jul 14, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
No!! Just conveying and repeating ONLY THE PROVEN Historical and Biblical (from over 2000 years) ofthe TRUTH of Jesus Christ One True Catholic Church over and over again to those Protestants, Orthodox, Agnostics and Atheists who have chosen to willfully, defiantly and rebelliously "reject it"!!
No you mean.." conveying and REPEATING ONLY PROVEN Historical and Biblical (since 1054) of the truth(as catholic church sees fit)Cant say from the TRUTH of Jesus Christ because your church derailed in 1054.Well, honestly that train was taking a dirt road long before 1054...choo choooo...
hojo

Chaska, MN

#462097 Jul 14, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Then why for centuries did they burn supposed "heretics" and "witches" at the stake if they didn't claim to know who was evil and "bound" for the devil's hell???
By choosing to remain so blatantly stupid, you waste your own time on earth.
The issue here is "TRUTH OF DOCTRINE vs CONDUCT"!!!. I believe and judge the TRUTH of the Catholic Church by its teachings of the TRUTH, NOT by the inappropriate actions of certain members within the Church whether its 2000 years ago of in the 21st century by a few abusive priests who have gone against their commitments as priests!!!
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#462098 Jul 14, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>Post away!
Those are also my feelings. I want everyone to express their opinions and to be open with their feelings.

The fact that others don't like what I post is not a surprise to me. Forums invite varying opinions, and it is the varying ways of perceiving issues that make us realize that we are not the be-all and end-all of beliefs. Our beliefs are only of high value to ourselves and those who agree with our beliefs.

After our physical bodies die, if we are still aware, we might not know any more than we know right now ... which is simply all that ignorance allows.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#462099 Jul 14, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
Aunt he be saying: I receive the Precious Blood twice a week.
Drinking and Praying: Proposal Could Tip Irish Priests Over Legal Limit
Both the Republic of Ireland and Northern Ireland want to lower the legal blood alcohol level for drivers. Priests are afraid it might affect their ability to motor around after Mass.
Bad Blood: Priests in Ireland are concerned that lowering the legal drinking level for drivers might leave them stranded after Mass.
The job description for a Catholic priest doesn't include a lot of perks -- perhaps one reason that their numbers are shrinking rapidly across the Western world. In Ireland, though, the gig might be further complicated by a new proposal to lower the legal blood alcohol limit for drivers. Priests there are speaking out against the proposal because it could render them legally drunk after performing Mass.
Aunt....why is it that you are drinking the "precious blood" of Christ....and the priests in Ireland are not drinking the "precious blood of Christ", but wine that could get them arrested for DUI???!!!!!
There is,such a simple solution .

Use wine that is similar to the NEW WINE of JesUS time.

Practically non alcoholic.

They use wine..juice if grapes....watered wine hex a use the water was probably nit all TH as t sanitAry.

They were NOT alcoholics ..

And if indeed they are changing its substance ...why need all the alcohol.

Besides they only take a sip...right ??

http://www.alcoholcontents.com/wine/

Why nit watered down wine ..sparkling grape juice..non as alcoholic wine..wine cooler..grape juice

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#462100 Jul 14, 2013
LETS NOT FORGET

RENDER TO CAESAR

So they follow the law ..big deal
Tall Guy

Decatur, GA

#462101 Jul 14, 2013
http://www.remnantofgod.org/whoreofbabylon.ht...

after looking at this site plus many others, it is clear much of the Catholic church is modern day paganism and the great who re the book of revelations speaks of.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#462102 Jul 14, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Quit exaggerating June!! I don't brag nor project vanity just because I believe that Jesus Christs One True Catholic Church is 100% TRUE.....
I don't single Catholics out and coral them as being the only vain theologians on earth.

I believe all theologians that claim to know that a creator exists and that they are able to explain the nature of the creator ARE vain.

If I told you I knew that a god existed and he loved only me ... would you believe me???

That is what those in religion do when they try to pull the wool over the eyes of others.

Surely you can relate to that concept ... if only you open your mind to allow some thoughts IN, and flush some old thoughts OUT.
LTM

Kingston, Canada

#462103 Jul 14, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course Catholics and Protestants are all Christians. They are because they say they are.
But the point IS, you can't disagree with each other and all other religions of the world and still all be preaching truth. It makes no sense.
And when you brag that YOU preach truth and others are lying ... that simply stems from your vanity.
There are many people sitting in churches today claiming to be Christians they are not, much the same as you did at one time June.
Going to church does not make a person a christain neither does believing in God; satan believes in God.
God is interested in a persons soul, and the condition of their heart. Not their religion, The church of Christ is not a building
with Tiffany windows, its people who are born again John 3:3 3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.

4 Nicodemus saith unto him, How can a man be born when he is old? can he enter the second time into his mother's womb, and be born?

5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.

6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.

Location hidden

#462104 Jul 14, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
It looks like that video is a Mass celebrated on a cultural feast day in Latin America. Are you trying to pass that off as a normal Catholic Mass?
I know what a normal catholic mass is, been to them. And no this is not normal. This is an abuse of the mass, feast day or not, it should not be done in connection to mass.
Clay

Melrose Park, IL

#462105 Jul 14, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>I respect your last paragraph but have to disagree with the rest.
How can you disagree with my previous paragraphs? The video you provided showed an Episcopal or Methodist 'mass'. It wasn't a Catholic Mass. That's fact. There was a woman Priest and a women Deacon.

The normal Catholic Mass does not have the kinda display your other examples showed. Basically Sera, you dug up something that is very very rare and tried to pass it off as a normal Catholic Mass. I don't think I like the deceptive approach you attempted.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#462106 Jul 14, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
The issue here is "TRUTH OF DOCTRINE vs CONDUCT"!!!. I believe and judge the TRUTH of the Catholic Church by its teachings of the TRUTH, NOT by the inappropriate actions of certain members within the Church whether its 2000 years ago of in the 21st century by a few abusive priests who have gone against their commitments as priests!!!
So you believe the bare truth of Catholicism is that the real Catholic religion is the only truth on earth???

That automatically divides you from those in other religions.

If you can't see that, you choose to stay blind.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
James Comey's conflicted TWO FACES 12 min Doctor REALITY 149
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 30 min RW Lies 72,673
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 34 min eggosaurus 995,162
Cousin got a girlfriend from abroad. How to gr... 2 hr denis45 1
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 3 hr Johnny 447,495
Ex-girlfriend is asking to talk after months 3 hr alonzo36 1
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 7 hr Tony 6,840