Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 685757 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Clay

Saint Paul, MN

#462005 Jul 14, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
John Calvin believed he was "called by GOD" to reform religion to it's original truth.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>
During this period, Michael Servetus, a Spaniard known for his heretical views, arrived in Geneva. He was denounced by Calvin and executed by the city council.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Calvin
All Protestant religions were started by the John Calvin types; men who believed they were called by God to reform Christianity to its origional truth. Well not all 'men'. I believe the original Pentecostal movement had woman leaders and the SDA was founded by a woman.
The point is, they were all started by some person with a Bible in his/her hand. They read it and formed their own idea of Christianity.

so, was your father Catholic or not?
duststorm

League City, TX

#462006 Jul 14, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
I am a product of my religious parents.
Had my mother and father both been Christian, I would probably have followed in their footsteps.
But my father's belief in reincarnation resulted in me asking questions concerning why my parents had different ways of believing.
As a Lutheran, my mother would take me to church, where I would hear all about salvation through belief in Jesus and hell from lack of belief in Jesus. But my father didn't believe that Jesus was his savior, so I refused to believe that my kind and considerate father would burn in hell.
Although my parents (to my awareness) never fought over their religious beliefs ... that was the start of me asking questions of the teachings of all theologians.
Hard to believe that a kind and considerate person would burn in hell.
socci

El Dorado Springs, MO

#462007 Jul 14, 2013
We all have relatives that are absolutely going to burn in hell fire & lose their eternal salvation. It is not enuff to just be good. My parents f.ex. are very good & caring ppl yet very atheist. Unless they change they will be lost. I've tried to talk to them but they as a team are set against it.

God's 10C law has two sections: the moral law and the first 4C about our relationship with our creator. The first 4 are mandatory. Muslims atheists Hindu et al are lost according to what is written. The same has always been true. God has always had only one people just as a child has only one father.

We can only worry about ourselves. Rejecting God because there are other lost ppl in the world is just an excuse.

Billy Graham is a TV preacher who is a deceiver like the rest of the televangelists; There to lead the masses back to Rome. He is a 33rd degree Freemason Templar in service of the pope in Rome. As such he is not a real Christian at all. Freemasons are not Christians. They must 'profess' to be 'christian' that they may serve the empire.
June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#462008 Jul 14, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
I thought you said your father was Catholic? Then again, you also said you lie allot...
I DO lie ... by omission of what I don't say when I should say it, and by repeating here-say when I am not certain it is true. I could on purpose lie in a flat second to save my own life, or maybe the lives of others if I happened to believe that a lie was necessary. I'm sure I lie a lot of times when I believe I am telling the truth.

By the way ... believe it or not ... all religion is gossip.
Clay

Saint Paul, MN

#462009 Jul 14, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, if you are preaching your religion, you must believe it is based on truth from a god ... RIGHT?
It couldn't be words supported by a devil ... could it?
Within your theology those are your only choices.
:)
Yes I do believe that Catholicism is 100% truth. But there is also a degree of truth found in any religion that preaches Judeo Christian virtues.
For example: Islam teaches "people shouldn't steal". You see, that is truth. But Islam also teaches that the Koran is the word of God. That is not truth, but they can go ahead and believe it. I suppose to them it is truth.

Anything I state about the doctrinal or dogmatic aspect of my religion is not coming from my own personal opinion. It is coming from the Church who was establish by Christ and gave the world the Bible 400 yrs later. So to me, that carries some credence.
Clay

Saint Paul, MN

#462010 Jul 14, 2013
socci wrote:
We all have relatives that are absolutely going to burn in hell fire & lose their eternal salvation. It is not enuff to just be good. My parents f.ex. are very good & caring ppl yet very atheist. Unless they change they will be lost. I've tried to talk to them but they as a team are set against it.
God's 10C law has two sections: the moral law and the first 4C about our relationship with our creator. The first 4 are mandatory. Muslims atheists Hindu et al are lost according to what is written. The same has always been true. God has always had only one people just as a child has only one father.
We can only worry about ourselves. Rejecting God because there are other lost ppl in the world is just an excuse.
Billy Graham is a TV preacher who is a deceiver like the rest of the televangelists; There to lead the masses back to Rome. He is a 33rd degree Freemason Templar in service of the pope in Rome. As such he is not a real Christian at all. Freemasons are not Christians. They must 'profess' to be 'christian' that they may serve the empire.
So now Billy Graham is the deciever of man??

Tell me Soc, is there anybody who is NOT the anti christ in your world?

Could you provide a link where a person IS speaking Biblical truth?

And how is the rest of us supposed to know if this person is speaking Biblical truth?
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#462011 Jul 14, 2013
duststorm wrote:
<quoted text>Hard to believe that a kind and considerate person would burn in hell.
Well my childhood was a definite eye-opener for me.

I knew a man named Victor Mellows who was one of the kindest, most honest men I even met. If he had religion, he never mentioned it.

On the other hand I saw church-goers that were some the sleaziest cold-hearted noisiest humans on planet earth. And they were certain Jesus was going to save them.

From my perspective, religion didn't get better as I grew older.

Now I believe it's all bunk.

If there is a creator, I'll take my chances, but no theologian is going to have power over me again. THAT I can guarantee!
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#462012 Jul 14, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes I do believe that Catholicism is 100% truth.
Thanks for your honesty.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#462013 Jul 14, 2013
If I was forced at the hands of a Muslim to proclaim Islam as the only truth or die ... I would swear with my hand on a Qur'an that I had converted to Islam.

But in my mind I would know different.

Forced conversion is no conversion at all!
Clay

Saint Paul, MN

#462014 Jul 14, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
He was raised as a dyed in the wool Catholic. But when a priest told him that those who were not Catholic would burn in hell, that was the final straw that resulted in my father leaving the religion. Later he became a member of the Rosicrucian Order and there he was taught by other "theologians" the belief of reincarnation.
Who the heck would leave a religion because of something a Priest said??
Sounds like your Dad may have wanted to leave anyway. I could see how someone could be attracted to the possibility of reincarnation. There is a whole buffet of religions to choose from if somebody really wants out of the Catholic faith. A person can literally design all phases of their theology today.
In Christendom, people just need a few hrs with a Bible, and they can download whatever Christianity they desire.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#462015 Jul 14, 2013
Many Jews were forced to convert to Catholicism ... yet they practiced Judaism behind closed doors.

Make NO mistake about THAT issue.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>

Those convinced against their will, are of the same opinion still

Dale Carnegie
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#462016 Jul 14, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Sounds like your Dad may have wanted to leave anyway.
Yes ... he wanted to leave. He was also as a child molested in the Catholic church, and when he went to his heavily indoctrinated Catholic parents for help, they told him to "Never say such a thing about a man of God again!!!"

I was not going to mention that to you ... but you kept wanting to know more. Now you KNOW!
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#462017 Jul 14, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>Six days a week and twice on Sundays and you still are able to be mean and prideful? maybe you should scale back to just on Sundays like the Orthodox do....lol
No!! Just conveying and repeating ONLY THE PROVEN Historical and Biblical (from over 2000 years) ofthe TRUTH of Jesus Christ One True Catholic Church over and over again to those Protestants, Orthodox, Agnostics and Atheists who have chosen to willfully, defiantly and rebelliously "reject it"!!

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#462018 Jul 14, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
I am a product of my religious parents.
Had my mother and father both been Christian, I would probably have followed in their footsteps.
But my father's belief in reincarnation resulted in me asking questions concerning why my parents had different ways of believing.
As a Lutheran, my mother would take me to church, where I would hear all about salvation through belief in Jesus and hell from lack of belief in Jesus. But my father didn't believe that Jesus was his savior, so I refused to believe that my kind and considerate father would burn in hell.
Although my parents (to my awareness) never fought over their religious beliefs ... that was the start of me asking questions of the teachings of all theologians.
June at this time of your life the respective beliefs of your parents

Have nothing to do with you having a relationship with God.

If you open your heart..be humble..not use preconceived or read about
Notion...you may be surprised.

The still small voice may be calling unless you have so thoroughly
Hardened your heart ..That He is no longer speaking

It is totally to you.

You have read much...And heard from many believers.

You are not like a native in a wilderness who knows nothing.

Please open your spirit to listen. YOU are on thus forum for a reason..

PEACE AND GOD BLESS YOU
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#462019 Jul 14, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
And by the way ... the priest told my dad the truth about what your religion taught. Those who are not Catholic WILL go to hell.

At that time priests taught that people of no Catholic faith would BURN in hell for eternity.

And then some of the popes tried to play the nice game, teaching that hell is to simply be away from God ... while others still taught, as did Benedict that hell is all about real fire and burning.

Religion is theological BUNK!
Clay

Melrose Park, IL

#462020 Jul 14, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes ... he wanted to leave. He was also as a child molested in the Catholic church, and when he went to his heavily indoctrinated Catholic parents for help, they told him to "Never say such a thing about a man of God again!!!"
I was not going to mention that to you ... but you kept wanting to know more. Now you KNOW!
I don't believe you. But if it were true, your grandparents should have been arrested and thrown in jail for concealing a crime.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#462021 Jul 14, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
No!! Just conveying and repeating ONLY THE PROVEN Historical and Biblical (from over 2000 years) ofthe TRUTH of Jesus Christ One True Catholic Church over and over again to those Protestants, Orthodox, Agnostics and Atheists who have chosen to willfully, defiantly and rebelliously "reject it"!!
It's quite humorous how you place high value on the words of your favorite theologians ... yet you would freak out if I started preaching supposed truth at you from the words of an Islamic theologian.

Favoritism is the name of the religious game.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#462022 Jul 14, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
It is totally to you.
PEACE AND GOD BLESS YOU
You didn't pay heed to my words.

NO words from theologians are allowed to govern over my thoughts any more ... and that INCLUDES words from your favorite theologians.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#462023 Jul 14, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
Many Jews were forced to convert to Catholicism ... yet they practiced Judaism behind closed doors.
Make NO mistake about THAT issue.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>
Those convinced against their will, are of the same opinion still
Dale Carnegie
Of course ..No one can force belief .

No one can be tortured into true belief either .

.Free will is individual between each person and God
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#462024 Jul 14, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
It is totally to you.
PEACE AND GOD BLESS YOU
Do you believe that a god withheld truth from those in all other religions of the world and favored only you and those who believe as you believe?

Are you THAT VAIN?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 1 min bad bob 26,216
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 2 min arrr 985,693
David Duke: "We're going to take our country ba... 2 hr Doctor REALITY 58
to Maria Chapelle-Nadal: it's time to ROLL, sista' 3 hr Doctor REALITY 1
I hate Haiti (Jan '10) 4 hr Anne Nonymiss 109
"BIGGEST SCAM in WORLD HISTORY...." 5 hr YTube 1st 1
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 6 hr Here For Now 619,748
More from around the web