Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 699480 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#461725 Jul 13, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
YOU WROTE
"I think the reason women enter into the Ministry is because they feel they are moved to do so with no real Scriptural precedent. At least that is what they say and who am i to argue?"
THERE IS NO REASON TO ARGUE...
THE OLD TESTAMENT SAYS...
ABOUT WOMEN PREACHERS..
Female prophets perhaps which would not make them preachers. There were female prophets in the Old but they did not have authority positions in Old Testament Judaism. Besides that ignore Paul's teachings on the subject, they were to be men only. It is a stretch to assume because they have the gift of prophecy they can be Ministers in spite of Paul's teachings. The assumption it all stops with Peter and the elimination of circumcision as applied by non Catholics to Catholic tradition is jeopardized. Since non Catholics allow for further revelation post apostolic age. There is no pedigree within non Catholic sects. They do not have a succession from the beginning of the church. They divide into sects because of differences in interpretation. The differences run the gamut from the admission of homosexual ministers to any number possible outcomes which creates confusion. Catholics pray to Mary but deny they worship Mary and non Catholics say they worship Mary. There is no intent to worship Mary and in order for worship to be real it has to have intent. Its not like Catholics are saying one has to go through Mary to get to Jesus.
LTM

Kingston, Canada

#461726 Jul 13, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
The popes didn't even know what the church teaches, as they never did agree.
Do you believe your new pope is a heretic for expressing the view that Atheists are "redeemed?"
My guess is, as all other Catholics on this forum, you won't respond to that question, as it's easier to ignore it, and continue to be dishonest with your selves.
I would say he is a heretic if he said that.
He would not beable to lay claim to be the leader of the larges and proclaimed the True Only true church of God.

He would be a false teacher, a fake and non Christian.
When did he say that by the way??
June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#461727 Jul 13, 2013
Theologians kept on writing and writing and writing. It was how they earned their money.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>

Signs & Symbols in Christian Art

The Saints

St. Joachim, the father of the Virgin
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#461728 Jul 13, 2013
THE ROMAN CATHOLIC FAITH IS FAILS MISERABLY...
THE CATHOLIC FAITH IS A HYBRID FAITH...
LIKE MISTLETOE...A PARASITE
IT HAS IT'S ROOTS IN THE VINE....
BUT
IT IS NOT THE TRUE VINE ITSELF
IT'S FRUITS ARE NOT THE SAME AS THE TRUE VINE.
2Ti_3:5 Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof:
from such turn away.
THE BIBLE SAYS IN
Joh 1:12 But as many as received him,
==>to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name: <--
THE ROMAN CATHOLIC DENIES
THAT THE BELIEVER
HAS THE GOD GIVEN POWER TO BECOME A SON OF GOD.
Which comes be being BORN AGAIN...
JESUS SAID..
Joh 3:3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.
Joh 3:5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.
Joh 3:6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.
Joh 3:7 Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.
"THE ROMAN CATHOLIC DENIES

THAT THE BELIEVER

HAS THE GOD GIVEN POWER TO BECOME A SON OF GOD."

No faithful Catholic has ever denied that.

"thous shalt not bear false witness"
hojo

Saint Paul, MN

#461729 Jul 13, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Have to say ..I was raised Catholic..then did nit really practice any religion for decades.
I had many preconceptions about Protestants
Was in the Episcopal church fir a while
When I came to Jesus ..I was listening to a tv minister who had described the God sized hole within us..only one of the things that. Resonated in me..over the course if a few months...the Spirit was practically hitting me over the head in many different small ways
Until I accepted Jesus as Lord..I knew in my head He was..sent my child to Christian school.
But real saving grace ..in my heart ..I did nit have until then
Anyway to get to my point .
I watched that BAPTIST minister..a local Pres ..And a non denominational
On tv.
After a few services in a couple of local churches..as I don't drive much.
I but the bullet and went to my local Baptist Church...don't know what I expected.
More loving people you will never find.
The point here Is..none if the sermons..Nit my pastor ..No one mentioned the RCC at ALL.
They are not built on hate as you assume.
Long before I ever became in any Protestant
I personally as I found out historical things such as the Inquisition ..was shocked and felt lied to
Popes perfect ??? NOT all if them for sure.
No one can. FORCE BELIEF and it was wrong that the Monarchs and clergy tried to .
Pope Alexander ..the Birgia pope..saw a documentary ...I was appalled.
Again long before I was,Baptized in the Baptist church.
The true Christian faith is rooted in the believers..Christ is with us individually .
I'm glad you are happy as a,Catholic .
BUT I MOST FIRMLY BELIEVE God used the REFORMERS as well as the CC to spread HIS WORD.
Different times right before settling the New World..the printing press..
People opposed to some of the CC doctrines
No perfect Popes..No perfect Reformers
Vessels to spread the message. Of Christ's sacrifice. sacrifice for unworthy
ME..YOU...ALL OF US..Amazing ..Grace
Thanks RoSesz! Good comments! Yes--as a Catholic Christian, I accept Jesus Christ (every day) "personally" at Daily Mass, in the Eucharist (His TRUE body and TRUE blood) as well every day in my prayer life!! You are correct in saying that not all Protestants are Catholic "bashers" who condemn, hate and pass their personal opinion judgement upon the faith and salvation of Catholics and the Catholic Church! However--on this forum, it is quite easy to pick out who are "the wolves in sheep's clothing"!!!!

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#461730 Jul 13, 2013
CHRISTIAN FAITH ..ADHERES TO THE TEACHINGS OF JESUS

CATHOLIC FAITH ADHERES TO THE TEACHING OF ROME..

CHRISTIAN FAITH FOLLOWS THE BIBLE AND STRIVES TO OBEY IT..

ROMAN CATHOLIC FAITH FOLLOWS THEIR CATECHISM AND STRIVES TO ADHERE TO IT'S TEACHING .
.AND PRACTICES THOSE THINGS THAT GOD FORBIDS IN THE SCRIPTURE...

they are two separate religions...
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#461731 Jul 13, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks. but your opinion (again) and what you personally think,(again) June, has absolutely "no effect" on my daily personal faith and Salvation in Jesus Christ, in and through His One True Catholic Church. Admittedly, though, your comments are interesting (not true) but interesting!!!
Why do you belong to a church whose leader you claim doesn't speak truth???

And if pope Francis is lying about Atheisst being redeemed, why would trust that other popes were EVER preaching truth?

#461732 Jul 13, 2013
lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> Female prophets perhaps which would not make them preachers. There were female prophets in the Old but they did not have authority positions in Old Testament Judaism. Besides that ignore Paul's teachings on the subject, they were to be men only. It is a stretch to assume because they have the gift of prophecy they can be Ministers in spite of Paul's teachings. The assumption it all stops with Peter and the elimination of circumcision as applied by non Catholics to Catholic tradition is jeopardized. Since non Catholics allow for further revelation post apostolic age. There is no pedigree within non Catholic sects. They do not have a succession from the beginning of the church. They divide into sects because of differences in interpretation. The differences run the gamut from the admission of homosexual ministers to any number possible outcomes which creates confusion. Catholics pray to Mary but deny they worship Mary and non Catholics say they worship Mary. There is no intent to worship Mary and in order for worship to be real it has to have intent. Its not like Catholics are saying one has to go through Mary to get to Jesus.
Act_2:17 And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall -->prophesy,<-- and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams:

Act_2:18 And on my servants and on my handmaidens I will pour out in those days of my Spirit; and they shall ---> prophesy: <--

PROPHESY DEFINED IN GREEK AS USED OM ACTS 2:17-18

G4395
&#960;&#961;&#959; &#966;&#951;&#964; &#949;&#965;&#769; &#969;
prophe&#772;teuo&#772;
prof-ate-yoo'-o
From G4396; to foretell events, divine, speak under inspiration, exercise the prophetic office:- prophesy.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#461733 Jul 13, 2013
Religion all stems back to this one issue.

Because theologians taught that the gods and goddesses are invisible ... they never had to prove that one word they preached was actually based on truth.

They were and are the most cunning of all humans.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#461734 Jul 13, 2013
ROMAN CATHOLIC FAITH FOLLOWS THEIR CATECHISM AND STRIVES TO ADHERE TO IT'S TEACHING .
Does the Jewish god approve of your Protestant shouting???

:)
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#461735 Jul 13, 2013
Confrinting bears false witness.

From the Catechism;

1213 Holy Baptism is the basis of the whole Christian life, the gateway to life in the Spirit (vitae spiritualis ianua),4 and the door which gives access to the other sacraments. Through Baptism we are freed from sin and reborn as sons of God; we become members of Christ, are incorporated into the Church and made sharers in her mission: "Baptism is the sacrament of regeneration through water in the word."5

I. WHAT IS THIS SACRAMENT CALLED?

1214 This sacrament is called Baptism, after the central rite by which it is carried out: to baptize (Greek baptizein) means to "plunge" or "immerse"; the "plunge" into the water symbolizes the catechumen's burial into Christ's death, from which he rises up by resurrection with him, as "a new creature."6

1215 This sacrament is also called "the washing of regeneration and renewal by the Holy Spirit," for it signifies and actually brings about the birth of water and the Spirit without which no one "can enter the kingdom of God."7

1216 "This bath is called enlightenment, because those who receive this [catechetical] instruction are enlightened in their understanding ...."8 Having received in Baptism the Word, "the true light that enlightens every man," the person baptized has been "enlightened," he becomes a "son of light," indeed, he becomes "light" himself:9
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#461736 Jul 13, 2013
While many elderly ex-preachers of religion, because of being disillusioned are leaving religion ... many young adults are being hypnotized into the divisive religions as being the most wonderful calling upon earth.

And so it goes.

hojo

Saint Paul, MN

#461737 Jul 13, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
WOW! Two Catholics that actually play nice together.
It must be because they agree on how much god loves both of them ... while they believe the same god vilifies others.
Their unified wish ... is the god's command. They INSIST it is so.
Wrong again June---but then, it comes as no surprise to all of us Catholics such as (Anthony, Regina, Clay and many others) who choose to live the TRUE Catholic Faith in the FULLNESS of the FAITH and the FULLNESS of the TRUTH!! Give it a try June!!... Your attitude, manner and disposition is due for a change in your 70's!!...AND...you can be assured that it WILL CHANGE--if you are serious!!

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#461739 Jul 13, 2013
ooppps Polly don't wanna a crack he wants a cracker!!!

#461740 Jul 13, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Confrinting bears false witness.
From the Catechism;
1213 Holy Baptism is the basis of the whole Christian life, the gateway to life in the Spirit (vitae spiritualis ianua),4 and the door which gives access to the other sacraments. Through Baptism we are freed from sin and reborn as sons of God; we become members of Christ, are incorporated into the Church and made sharers in her mission: "Baptism is the sacrament of regeneration through water in the word."5
I. WHAT IS THIS SACRAMENT CALLED?
1214 This sacrament is called Baptism, after the central rite by which it is carried out: to baptize (Greek baptizein) means to "plunge" or "immerse"; the "plunge" into the water symbolizes the catechumen's burial into Christ's death, from which he rises up by resurrection with him, as "a new creature."6
1215 This sacrament is also called "the washing of regeneration and renewal by the Holy Spirit," for it signifies and actually brings about the birth of water and the Spirit without which no one "can enter the kingdom of God."7
1216 "This bath is called enlightenment, because those who receive this [catechetical] instruction are enlightened in their understanding ...."8 Having received in Baptism the Word, "the true light that enlightens every man," the person baptized has been "enlightened," he becomes a "son of light," indeed, he becomes "light" himself:9
~~~

NO MATTER HOW YOU SLICE IT

YOUR RELIGION IS NOT HE SAME AS JESUS SAID

Mat_4:4 But he answered and said,

==>It is written,

Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God.

JESUS WAS NOT ALLUDING TO THE ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH WHEN HE SAID

Mat_11:10 For this is he, of whom it is written, Behold, I send my messenger before thy face, which shall prepare thy way before thee.

YOU HAVE MADE GOD'S HOUSE A HOUSE OF IDOLATRY

Mat_21:13 And said unto them,

It is written,

My house shall be called the house of prayer;

but ye have made it a den of thieves.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#461741 Jul 13, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
And if pope Francis is lying about Atheisst being redeemed, why would trust that other popes were EVER preaching truth?
There is a huge difference between redemption and justification, a justification which, if finally preserved in (itself a grace), leads to salvation. Pope Francis nowhere suggested that the atheist was justified, or saved for that matter, by being an atheist or by "doing good."

The Church teaches that Jesus Christ's feat of Redemption of man was a super-sufficient, indeed infinite, atonement or propitiation to God achieved by the Lord's sacrificial death on the Cross, and so is sufficient to include all men and all sins within its embrace. This includes not only the sins of the elect and saved, but even the sins of damned (though the persons in the latter category, by their free will, have rejected the redemption that could have been theirs).

Justification, on the other hand, is the acquisition, communication, or "seizure" of that Redemption by the individual soul, who is led, by God's prevenient grace, to move toward God in faith, hope, and love, the result of which is to believe those things to be true which God revealed and promised, "and this especially, that God justifies the impious by his grace, through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus." It requires further, a turning away from sin, that is, repentance, being "born again" in baptism which is the ordinary means for obtaining the "sanctifying grace" which justifies, and thereby becoming incorporated into the Church.

http://www.catholic.org/hf/faith/story.php...

Once again. Non Catholic distortions.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#461742 Jul 13, 2013
Theologians promise you riches in an afterlife, if you will only give them YOUR riches while on earth.

It's the scam of your lifetime.

If there is a creator ... religion should be free for all ... no collection baskets involved.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>

Mr. Hinn is never shy about asking for donations. Telling followers to get their credit cards out or sending collection baskets around a second time are not uncommon events.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php...
hojo

Saint Paul, MN

#461743 Jul 13, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
We both know that those are "loaded" atheists and agnostic questions!
Anti-catholic bible only Protestants "load up" their questions with "preconceived bible only (loaded) answers!!!---which are not worth responding to!!
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#461744 Jul 13, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong again June---but then, it comes as no surprise to all of us Catholics such as (Anthony, Regina, Clay and many others) who choose to live the TRUE Catholic Faith in the FULLNESS of the FAITH and the FULLNESS of the TRUTH!!
Your popes don't live in the true faith, but YOU DO HUH?

Religion is a joke.

#461745 Jul 13, 2013
Mat_4:4 But he answered and said,

==>It is written,

Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God.

YOU ROMAN CATHOLICS HAVE YOUR EUCHARIST..

YOU BREAD AND WINE

BUT

YOU DENY GOD'S WORD...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 2 min Rednek 71,966
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 21 min Dang Jersey Piney 447,444
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr Big Al 995,092
Black/White mindsets, relations, and fears in A... 1 hr Scooter 4
"O.J. hit me while he (BLEEPED!) me! 1 hr Doctor REALITY 13
James Comey's conflicted TWO FACES 3 hr Big Al 136
Need good hookup adult dating sites 4 hr zan 4