Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 654305 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#461654 Jul 13, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus loves them all..He asks for acceptance
His chosen people He has a,plan for ..
But He loves all
You only USE the part of the Christian theology that you find comforting to your conscience.

The end part of that theology IS ... those who don't believe in Jesus will go to hell.

I suggest you stop cutting corners to make your religion seem HOLY.

You can't be honest with your self while you are busy lying TO your self.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#461655 Jul 13, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes RoSeze, me and the hubby prayed together as One, and me and six others prayed as One and me and the believers prayed together on this board as One, and all just today! All Glory to Him!
Hi Marge

See ok..when I posted to you a

The verse about praying together ..I had seen you post this ..which confused me as,all your other posts, on the board led me to believe you did indeed pray as,one with others.

But t hen I saw this ..And though our group praying might nit be to your usual way
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
hey Robert, I don't understand how all those people are around and present at the time one prays to God. When I pray it's just me and Him.
I probably got something wrong ..So forgive me if co offended by posting Matthew,:)

Prince George, Canada

#461656 Jul 13, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
Give it to God alone.
Would that be the same god that favors Jews, Catholics, Muslims and Protestants?

I suggest you stop sleeping in your religious hypnosis and come out for a peek at a much bigger world where people have other beliefs that they value just as much as you value your beliefs.

Prince George, Canada

#461657 Jul 13, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe because the light is sooooo bright on them they can not be ignored nor avoided.
That's just the "present" atrocities...not even accounting the "past" atrocities.
Ever consider that?
If your organization is supposed to represent dignity and holiness, I want absolutely NOTHING to do with it!
It's impossible for any religion to make people objects of holiness and purity.

It's not only impossible ... it's ridiculous.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#461658 Jul 13, 2013
Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>Are you guys aware of what the ELECT will be doing in the millennium, when Christ returns and set up His world wide kingdom for a thousand years? The Elect will be teaching everyone (INCLUDING ALL YOU BELIEVERS) these things that you do not understand at this time such as what really happened in the garden of Eden. Yes, believers as well as unbelievers will be in that 1000 year millenial kingdom of Christ here on earth. It will be a time of teaching and discipline. Many of you believers that think you know Gods word will discover just how little you actually do know in the millennium.
So ...umm..you are supposed to tell us you have foreknowledge THat you are one of these.

I thought the Spirit marked the elect during the tribulation ...But I could be wrong

Prince George, Canada

#461660 Jul 13, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
Aunt......
Tell me that Catholics don't worship Mary....
Pope Worships Mary!
www.jesus-is-savior.com/.../pope_worships_mar... Cached
Pope Worships Mary A prayer to Mary offered up by the Catholic pontiff. Many deny that Catholics pray to Mary. Here is proof that not only do ...
They are taught that all of the saints can help them with problems.

They don't just pray to Mary asking for help.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>

The Incredible Book of Vatican Facts and Papal Curiosities … A treasury of Trivia, by Nino Lo Bello~ Published 1998.

The Making of a Saint

Many of the saints removed from the calendar had been the object of hundreds of years of fervent devotion, and they still remain strongly rooted in the emotions of millions of Roman Catholics.

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#461661 Jul 13, 2013
lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> Jeez Ro..., if you want peace then perhaps you should stop defining Catholics as second class as you did earlier.
http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/TV910R5...
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
PERSONally I have no hatred for the Church at all.
Thing is,that Catholics seem frontrunner are second class Christians if that .
And the points,I try to make a 're about the past history ..the CHURCH AS RUN BY MEN who were certainly nit even acting Christian or allowing Monarchs. Etc Tomlinson
name .
The Reformation was not done by perfect people but as a response to these things
My chief belief in talking

this is that GOD HAS USED BITH CATHOLICS AND PROTESTANTS. To spread His word .
But you guys don't see that and call our bible a wrong.
THEY SAY.THE SAME THING ...about JESUS...why on earth.are we fighting
THANK YOU much for reference ing my post .

I hope it is obvious that the words " seem frontrunner " in the post ars NOT WHAT I MEANT ...my AUTO CORRECT put that word in.

What I was,actually saying

YOU CATHOLICS,SEEM TO TO SEE US AS SECOND CLASS CHRISTIANS,..

I do not See Catholics as such..which I was hoping t he Rest of my post made clear.

I have a,kindle pad ..it does make words up ..
Again sorry

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#461662 Jul 13, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Amen
Lord hear us as we humbly come before your throne .
Begging that you save the unsaved ..most especially those we love..though we pray for salvation to all.
As your wish is that none be lost
In Jesus,name we come
~~~
Our Father which art in heaven,
Hallowed be thy name.
Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread.
And forgive us our trespasses as we forgive who trespass against us
And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil:

For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, for ever.

May the words of OUR mouth's and the meditation of out hearts, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, our strength, and our redeemer.

Guide our thoughts, that they will be pure and our expressions honorable.

Help us to be instruments of righteousness, that you might use us to express your self in us and through us as you would want.

May your word come alive in the hearts of those to which it is sent, and may it accomplish that for which you have sent it.

Lord, we need you more than life, for you are the essence of our existence

Help us be submissive to your divine will. A sanctuary for your presence.

Deliver us and protect us through this day and surround us with you presence.

Thank you for your love and continual watch care upon us.

May your word be fulfilled around us. in us. and through us,

May our living glorify you and give praise to your Holy name.

We worship you and praise you from the depth of our hearts, for

Thou art worthy, O Lord, to receive all glory and honor and power:

In Jesus name

we thank you for hearing our prayer

Amen

Prince George, Canada

#461663 Jul 13, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, I venerate the Blessed Virgin and the saints and so did Bl. John Paul. We don't afford her divine worship.
worship (Christianity / Ecclesiastical Terms)(tr) to show profound religious devotion and respect to; adore or venerate (God or any person or thing considered divine)
So, by your own words, you do worship Mary and dead men your piped piper has dubbed "Saint"!!!!!
If you believe that Jesus died for your sins, then you also believe that you have been purified for the afterlife.

Purification is another words for sainthood.

If you believe that your saved loved-ones are now angels in heaven, it is no different than Catholics believing those saints are surrounding them in spirit to solve problems on earth.

Worshippers in the jungles also believe that their loved-ones in spirit form are helping them from beyond.

As a Protestant, your worship is not superior to that of the Catholics.

Why would you want to elevate yourself by your religious belief and belittle them for theirs?

Suffering from arrogance within systems of belief is to be human.

Location hidden

#461665 Jul 13, 2013
ANTHONY..CLAY ..HOJO

DAN. REGINA

just in case you read my post as,lighthearted did and NOT AS,A TYPO...since the word frontrunner....makes no sense

I WAS,NOT saying Catholics are second class,Christians ..
I WAS SAYING

SOME CATHOLICS, treat us as Second Class Christians.

I have repeatedly said on Here I BELIEVE TRUE CHRISTIANS,are found In ANY BIBLE BELIEVING CHURCH .

We are Christians because if our relationship WITH CHRIST..Nit our CHURCH.

which was the point of the post that had the TYPO IN IT ..

THE WORD FRONTRUNNER obviously made no sense...just somethin g in the mind of my KINDLE device .

Again sorry

Prince George, Canada

#461666 Jul 13, 2013
Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>Are you guys aware of what the ELECT will be doing in the millennium, when Christ returns and set up His world wide kingdom for a thousand years?
Hahahahahaha

Now THAT is funny!

Location hidden

#461667 Jul 13, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
Hallowed be thy name.
Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread.
And forgive us our trespasses as we forgive who trespass against us
And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil:
For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, for ever.
May the words of OUR mouth's and the meditation of out hearts, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, our strength, and our redeemer.
Guide our thoughts, that they will be pure and our expressions honorable.
Help us to be instruments of righteousness, that you might use us to express your self in us and through us as you would want.
May your word come alive in the hearts of those to which it is sent, and may it accomplish that for which you have sent it.
Lord, we need you more than life, for you are the essence of our existence
Help us be submissive to your divine will. A sanctuary for your presence.
Deliver us and protect us through this day and surround us with you presence.
Thank you for your love and continual watch care upon us.
May your word be fulfilled around us. in us. and through us,
May our living glorify you and give praise to your Holy name.
We worship you and praise you from the depth of our hearts, for
Thou art worthy, O Lord, to receive all glory and honor and power:
In Jesus name
we thank you for hearing our prayer
Amen
AMEN.

Prince George, Canada

#461668 Jul 13, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
You do not know much either..
I don't proclaim to be able to solve mysteries, and from my perspective, bragging that you know what is beyond human ability TO know doesn't do anything for your credibility. It just makes you appear as being very arrogant.

#461669 Jul 13, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
They are taught that all of the saints can help them with problems.
They don't just pray to Mary asking for help.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>
The Incredible Book of Vatican Facts and Papal Curiosities … A treasury of Trivia, by Nino Lo Bello~ Published 1998.
The Making of a Saint
Many of the saints removed from the calendar had been the object of hundreds of years of fervent devotion, and they still remain strongly rooted in the emotions of millions of Roman Catholics.
~~~

You wrote

"Many of the saints removed from the calendar had been the object of hundreds of years of fervent devotion, and they still remain strongly rooted in the emotions of millions of Roman Catholics."

~~~

Canonizing Saints...

Is like naming stars... Or creating a national park on the moon

it is a ritual of recognition...of achievements give by men..

It has no scriptural foundation nor reference.

All born again Christian are saints of God.

Here the Bible speaks of a Lady pastor as a Saint...

Rom_16:2 That ye receive her in the Lord, as becometh saints, and that ye assist her in whatsoever business she hath need of you: for she hath been a succourer of many, and of myself also.

Here it speaks of how a saint supposed to live on earth...

Eph_5:3 But fornication, and all uncleanness, or covetousness, let it not be once named among you, as becometh saints;

Prince George, Canada

#461670 Jul 13, 2013
Tony17 wrote:
I'm hungry. I'm going home and fix myself a big breakfast of cheese grits,salmon croquets,eggs scrambled with cheese,biscuits with butter and orange marmalade, orange juice.
Oinker!

What happened to "sharing?"

:)

Prince George, Canada

#461671 Jul 13, 2013
Madam Kindle wrote:
<quoted text>
YOU CATHOLICS,SEEM TO TO SEE US AS SECOND CLASS CHRISTIANS,..
I was on a thread of a forum where Catholics saw "each other" as second-class citizens. They didn't agree on what was Catholic and what was heretical to Catholicism.

And the verbal war was ON.

Prince George, Canada

#461672 Jul 13, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
Rumor has it he moved his favors over to Muslim paradise for the day. Next he will try to placate the lusts of the Catholics ... then the Jews will get their turn ... and finally he will get to the Protestants ... so I suggest you be patient while you wait your turn to "in turn" be assured that you are a favorite vessel of the god.

Prince George, Canada

#461673 Jul 13, 2013
Madam Kindle wrote:
ANTHONY..CLAY ..HOJO
I BELIEVE TRUE CHRISTIANS,are found In ANY BIBLE BELIEVING CHURCH .
Now wait just a minute here. The new pope believes that Atheists are redeemed. From your perspective ... is HE still a real Christian? After all ... Atheists don't believe in Jesus.

#461674 Jul 13, 2013
Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>Are you guys aware of what the ELECT will be doing in the millennium, when Christ returns and set up His world wide kingdom for a thousand years? The Elect will be teaching everyone (INCLUDING ALL YOU BELIEVERS) these things that you do not understand at this time such as what really happened in the garden of Eden. Yes, believers as well as unbelievers will be in that 1000 year millenial kingdom of Christ here on earth. It will be a time of teaching and discipline. Many of you believers that think you know Gods word will discover just how little you actually do know in the millennium.

~~~

Your supposition is much ado about nothing...AND IT WILL ONLY CAUSE CONFUSION...

The gospel of Jesus Christ is what is of importance...

The urgent message today is,

PREACH THE WORD

Rom_10:8 But what saith it? The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach;

2Ti_4:2 Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine.

2Ti 4:3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;

2Ti 4:4 And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.

2Ti 4:5 But watch thou in all things, endure afflictions, do the work of an evangelist, make full proof of thy ministry.

AND IT WILL BE TIL JESUS COMES..

Prince George, Canada

#461675 Jul 13, 2013
Madam Kindle wrote:
<quoted text>
AMEN.
From the book “Smith’s Bible Dictionary.

Amon, or Amen (the mysterious), an Egyptian divinity, whose name occurs in that of No-amon. Nah 3:8. Amen was one of the eight gods of the first order, and chief of the triad of Thebes. He was worshipped at that city as Amen-Ra, or “Amen the Sun.”

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll Is the price is right fixed for blacks? (Jun '12) 1 min Sambo 149
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 6 min Genius 45,266
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 15 min here 64,382
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 17 min Pegasus 281,946
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 21 min Genius 106,583
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 41 min The Hangman 973,915
You are of your father......THE DEVIL. 1 hr andet1987 32
first gay experience? (Sep '14) 15 hr andy 46
More from around the web