Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 670183 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

4GVN

Jackson, MO

#461599 Jul 12, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, I venerate the Blessed Virgin and the saints and so did Bl. John Paul. We don't afford her divine worship.
Do you afford her (un-divine) worship?

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#461600 Jul 12, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
You may continue to think as you do, that is one of the amazing, wonderful aspects of Self.
But, what really gets me, it seems to annoy you that I do.
Do I annoy YOU when I post to YOU?

I suggest we all annoy each other. You are not so special as to receive preferential emotion from me.

You are just another poster on the forum.

Prince George, Canada

#461601 Jul 12, 2013
<quoted text>
And all the while - it took you 70+ yrs to decide this position of 'anger'?
Does it not anger YOU that innocent humans known as homosexuals were burned at the stake for supposedly offending an imaginary human-created god???

Prince George, Canada

#461602 Jul 12, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
May God visit this group and give hope and understanding to all who want to truly know more about Him.
Allah be praised.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#461603 Jul 12, 2013
<quoted text>
I'm glad you clear this major point of the forum up.
I agree - my life [Self] is between me and "God" (if applicable), and not one religion or person in this world can say otherwise.
Too bad for all of those Catholics that don't believe you.
The battle of any individual being is fought in the essence "of" that individual being. Be it material or spiritual. If one expects to have any support from another's attribute, they have only succeeded in fooling theirself. You are what you are. Make determination on that basis.

Prince George, Canada

#461604 Jul 12, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
The prayer is for all and open to all ..We are in agreement with taking our voice to our Creator. Together ..That is the point:)
But make sure your prayers aren't tainted by the prayers of those in other religions ... as it could all go wrong for you.

The one and only god might favor the Jews and Muslims and leave you out in the cold.

:)

Prince George, Canada

#461605 Jul 12, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Amen
Lord hear us as we humbly come before your throne .
And we are so proud that you chose us over the Jews and Muslims.

You do indeed have good taste Lord.

“YESHUA IS LORD”

Since: Apr 07

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#461606 Jul 12, 2013
Those of you that likes to study different Spiritual things may enjoy this.

http://www.biblestudiesonline.info/TGF/topica...

Prince George, Canada

#461607 Jul 12, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
When I pray it's just me and Him.
Well ... except for all the devout believers in all the other religions that are also wanting constant attention.
truth

Embleton, Australia

#461608 Jul 12, 2013
evil is smart too
but evil stay as evil past present and future..
perfection as first creation exist..but Lucifer fall..
empty promise to everyone..
here on earth new Eden start recreated not ones much more time..
then
what its say in reality..
its already here on earth your evil waiting for you..its left long time ago..
now deceiver can't offer nothing
its good that you know

Prince George, Canada

#461609 Jul 12, 2013
Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>Have you noticed that the same precious stones that Lucifer had for his covering are the same stones that the High Priest of Israel wore in their breast plate? Probably missed that huh?
Nuttier than a fruitcake!

Prince George, Canada

#461610 Jul 12, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Two evil structures uniting for the better good of both....but when the goal is achieved, one will attack and the other will succumb....
It is the manner of war!
MARK MY WORDS!
Where there is religion, there will always be either a physical war, or a verbal war.

When people chose to divide by bonding to conflicting religious dogmas ... they can never unite.

Prince George, Canada

#461611 Jul 12, 2013
Tony17 wrote:
Those of you that likes to study different Spiritual things may enjoy this.
http://www.biblestudiesonline.info/TGF/topica...
As long as it fits into your specific religious beliefs ... you will be happy.
marge

Leesburg, GA

#461612 Jul 12, 2013
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe that, too, Anthony. It's a matter of vocations. Your mother was a lovely woman, I know you miss her very much. I've been missing my parents, too. All the time, but sometimes more than others. In fact, I'm going to offer it up for the Holy Souls. I knew some good could come of it!
We all have many troubles Regina, Christians 'give it up God' alone, thats what HE wants, a very personally relationship.

HE's actually jealous if we don't, not a good thing.
marge

Leesburg, GA

#461613 Jul 12, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, I venerate the Blessed Virgin and the saints and so did Bl. John Paul. We don't afford her divine worship.
You lift them up?

HE lifts us up.

Yes indeed we don't worship the same God.

and that makes me worry so i'm giving that directly to God.
marge

Leesburg, GA

#461614 Jul 12, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
We ask Lord for. Peace among us ..the believers on here ..We live you
Thank you for the Sacrifice of your Son Jesus Christ
AMEN

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#461615 Jul 12, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Your source is not VIS, it's a quote from a protestant website. The full text of his speech from the Vatican below:
http://www.vatican.va/holy_father/john_paul_i...
" In the light of this entrustment to his beloved disciple, one can understand the authentic meaning of Marian devotion in the ecclesial community. In fact, it places Christians in Jesus’ filial relationship to his mother, putting them in a condition to grow in intimacy with both of them.
The Church’s devotion to the Virgin is not only the fruit of a spontaneous response to the exceptional value of her person and the importance of her role in the work of salvation, but is based on Christ’s will...."
Two different web sites.....two differebt events...

The web site you presented starts with: Devotion to Mary is based on Jesus’ will

The web site I presented merely referred to that topix in its presentation to support what it is reporting as being true...quote: which furthermore is based on the will of Christ" (Vatican Information Service, May 7, 1997).

For you to say that since the web site I quoted was not a Catholic web site, and therefore, the info I presented is false, is asinine second to none!!!!!. Using that "logic" it can be said that no news media is reporting the truth, because they are not Catholic!!!!!

“YESHUA IS LORD”

Since: Apr 07

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#461616 Jul 12, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Dear Lord ... please make others see the light as clear as I see the light. And if they don't, thank you for burning them in hell."
:)
LOL,LOL,LOL. Okay now that was funny.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#461617 Jul 12, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
See "venerated"..Latin vener&#257;tus, past participle of vener&#257;r&#299; to solicit the goodwill of (a god), worship, revere; see Venus]

Note: worship.....
marge

Leesburg, GA

#461618 Jul 12, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
JUST IGNORE THE REMARK...AND CONTINUE TO PRAY...
YEP

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 37 min RiversideRedneck 99,754
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr Dogs breath 286,433
Wife is gonna experience another man Sunday. 6 hr The Guy 1
No Walls! Don't fence Me In! 7 hr Sky Writer 31 23
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 7 hr bad bob 184,260
The cosmic comedian is scott alan harrold copyr... 8 hr scottaharrold 1
cosmic comedy copyrighted by scott alan harrold 8 hr scottaharrold 1
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 9 hr Joe Fortuna 980,042
More from around the web