Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 658601 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#461536 Jul 12, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
If you believe that me ...Telling you what the word of God says
and warning you to flee the wrath to come is trashing you then so be it...
If you prefer to go to hell then have it.
There aint no two ways to the pearly gates...
it's the old cross road and the way called straight.
Mat 7:13 Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:
Mat 7:14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.
You don't have any authority to tell me what God says. You may refer to a scripture passage but your interpretation is not trustworthy.
Clay

Garden City, MI

#461537 Jul 12, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
My mom said she felt humbled to serve Jesus as the mother of six children with the duty to raise us in the faith and that her role was just as important in God's eyes as any priest. I'll always believe that.
Amen to that Anthony. The world could use more Moms like yours .

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#461538 Jul 12, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
Dear Lord, I pray for your healing for my husband nick and for all others suffering with an illness. I ask for your forgivness for all my sins that I have committed in thought and deed. I ask for your guideance through life.I ask for your protection of my family in friends and I thank you for never abandoning me in my time of need....in the name of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, Amen
Dear Father we ask in Jesus name to grant healing to Nick and peace to Sera

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#461539 Jul 12, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>hermi is doing much better! We do everything together! He is my bestest friend lol.I would be lost without him!!!His illness has taught me a lot and we both are grateful to God and to our friends for all the love and prayers during his illness and in the future.I look forward to chatting with you more and God Bless You!!!!( gotta trim a bunch of bushes now)lol
Yeah, Them Bushes could use a bit o' "trimm'n"!
In fact so could them Obamas!
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#461540 Jul 12, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Source is false????? Vatican Information Service, May 7, 1997
Really??????
Your source is not VIS, it's a quote from a protestant website. The full text of his speech from the Vatican below:

http://www.vatican.va/holy_father/john_paul_i...

" In the light of this entrustment to his beloved disciple, one can understand the authentic meaning of Marian devotion in the ecclesial community. In fact, it places Christians in Jesus’ filial relationship to his mother, putting them in a condition to grow in intimacy with both of them.

The Church’s devotion to the Virgin is not only the fruit of a spontaneous response to the exceptional value of her person and the importance of her role in the work of salvation, but is based on Christ’s will...."

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#461541 Jul 12, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
You believe you are a spirit don't you, and who does your spirit attach TO but a god or a goddess?
What you speak of is peculation and belief.

Sounds to me, if you have to ask, then you haven't researched this aspect of the discussion, at all.

And yes, I do believe in "Spirit". I'd rather think my "being" continues in some manner (and maybe it is a comfort to some extent), but, it sure beats the heck out of thinking I'm just buried in some cold ground, somewhere or becoming just ashes.

But since Spirit is not of the physical, but of the esoteric, one gets to dig deeper into their brain and its inner workings to discover something religion does not teach or wish to include.

People of the past have stated that the Spirit is connected to a "ethereal kingdom", and modern people are now just testing this dimension (and coming up with some very surprising results), so we already know that it can be heard and seen.

It feels good to be able to believe in how, what, where, why and want you get to, huh?

Albuquerque, NM

#461542 Jul 12, 2013
BTW - this is still Self. No religion is required, just honesty and love.

Cheers!
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#461543 Jul 12, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Amen to that Anthony. The world could use more Moms like yours .
Thanks Clay.

Location hidden

#461544 Jul 12, 2013
Truthsayer777 wrote:
<quoted text>Many Protestants are becoming Catholics. Great is the spirit of deception that is enveloping the globe. Just another sign of the times.
All them nutty TBN folks jist hadda go somewhere after ole' Creflo got hisself arrested!
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#461545 Jul 12, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
See "venerated"..Latin vener&#257;tus, past participle of vener&#257;r&#299; to solicit the goodwill of (a god), worship, revere; see Venus]
John Paul II venerated Mary on every occasion, private and public. It was his custom to pray the Rosary before an image of Mary on the first Saturday of every month. The Madonna of the Immaculate Conception was brought from the Vatican collection for the occasion.
John Paul II worshipped at Marian shrines throughout the world, from the Black Madonna in Jasna Gora, Poland, to Our Lady of Fatima in Portugal, to Our Lady of Guadalupe, Mexico.
He continually exalted Mary in his sermons. We are told that on his trip to Latin America in 1996 he “ended every speech by exalting Mary”(“John Paul Woos Straying Flock,” Christianity Today, April 8, 1996, p. 94).
John Paul II dedicated papal encyclicals to Mary. In the one in March 1987, titled Redemptoris Mater, he stated that his objective was to awaken and deepen Marian devotion and he called on all Christians to look to “our common Mother” as “a way of bringing about unity between the divided churches of the world.” In the encyclical Evangelium Vitae, published in March 1995, John Paul II said that Mary is the “mother of all who are reborn to life” and that by bringing forth Jesus into the world “she in some way brought to rebirth all those who were to live by that Life.” He concluded by praying,“O Mary, bright dawn of the new world, Mother of the living, to you do we entrust the cause of life.”

Yeah, I venerate the Blessed Virgin and the saints and so did Bl. John Paul. We don't afford her divine worship.

Albuquerque, NM

#461546 Jul 12, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
New-age spiritual "leader" ... who is not religious.
What a joke.
One can be spiritual and not hold a religious organization as part of their life.

Besides, religion is created by men, spiritualism is created by Self.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#461547 Jul 12, 2013
We ask Lord for. Peace among us ..the believers on here ..We live you

Thank you for the Sacrifice of your Son Jesus Christ

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#461548 Jul 12, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
Dear Father .
We come to you together as believers, in your Blessed Son Jesus
And ask our prayers,in His,Holy Name
Please bless and give peace to all on this forum ..believers and non believers. And bring us to unity in His Holy Name
I pray for the health and well being of my family and my friends .
For salvation in my family to those who do nit pray of themselves Nor worship your son Jesus.
I pray especially for healing for my husband ...who had been injured a lot over the years .
And for a dear freind of mine J B
She has many problems..And trials to contend with
And for myself I ask healing And peace as I post here and wisdom to always follow your Will.
GOD BLESS US ALL in Jesus name ..Amen
( I will continue the prayer)

Our blessed Heavenly Father

We bow our heart before you in Jesus name..

First we want to thank you for what you have already done for each of us..

we thank for food and shelter, friends and loved ones, Most of all we thank you for the precious blood of Jesus that was given for the remission of our sins.

We worship you and bless your Holy name for forgiveness of our sins and
the privilege of knowing that if and when we pass from this life we have eternal life with you.

We receive your gifts that were so unselfishly bestowed upon through the sufferings death and resurrection of our Jesus Christ our Lord and savior.

increase our faith Lord ... Open up your word to us that we may understand what your Spirit is saying to us In these closing hour of time.

Help us to be alert and and aware of the signs of the times around us.

We thank you for saving our loved one, for speaking to their hearts
and bringing them to repentance, for the healing of sickness and deliverance from poverty

We thank you for deliverance from the impending wickedness that surrounds
us.

Lord there are so many times that we don't know what to do ..BUT OUR EYES ARE UPON YOU..

We look to you for leadership and guidance in the task that tomorrow brings us..

We bless you and praise you for all you have done and for all that we anticipate that you will accomplish.

May your word reach out and bring salvation to each one in the forum
that they may know you to the full pardon of their sins

In Jesus name we pray and thank You.

We thank you for listening to our hearts cry.

Amen

We rejoice in the knowledge of you unfailing love and thank you for you word, that you have made known

Location hidden

#461549 Jul 12, 2013
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
Hello, June, how are you?
We had a power outage yesterday....wasn't able to get online.
Glad to see you're still hanging in!
Your god works in mysterious ways!

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#461550 Jul 12, 2013
on the phone....sorry

Albuquerque, NM

#461551 Jul 12, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
What a joke.
You may continue to think as you do, that is one of the amazing, wonderful aspects of Self.

But, what really gets me, it seems to annoy you that I do.

Which sounds to me, you are trying to project your belief onto me, but are too afraid to admit - I can believe differently than you, because it is my right to.

If you are going to make grievous comments about me, so.

I understand this tactic completely. You so-called "Christians" have been using it for centuries. It's 'bout time people understand the deceit it brings.

And yes - you are a so-called "Christian", since you can't seem to respond intelligently or with respect.

Maybe you should, just not post to me anymore?

Would that make you feel better?

Location hidden

#461552 Jul 12, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Spin Brother said: I am not an authority. The Catholic Church is.
**and that is how the pope can kiss the quran...a book of those who reject Christ...and no catholic questions it. Kind of cult like. Whatever pope says goes.
Reminds me of Warren Jeffs
More like the Manson family-dressed up like penguins.

Location hidden

#461553 Jul 12, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
It wasn't too long ago that you were calling LTM, confrinting, his wife and most of the protestants here every name in the book. You are hardly one to be accusing someone of being disoriented.
you forgot oxbore and old jg.

if a person is wrong, then they are wrong and I don't mind saying so.

and if I am wrong, I don't mind being corrected either.

I am not two faced like your newer convert Robert.LOL

Location hidden

#461554 Jul 12, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
The Spin Brother keeps posting.
Maybe take it and do not show affection for it by kissing it. If you as a catholic were ok with that, you're more lost than I thought. If you do have a problem with it, you don't have the stones to admit it.
Good thing the guy that handed it to him wasn't gay huh?

Albuquerque, NM

#461555 Jul 12, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
New Age Spiritual Leader:
A lot of justification is based on one's world-view.
If one thinks Jesus was a philosopher/theologian, or if he was God.(And some have a hard time thinking he even existed/exists at all.), or some combination....
Each must decide. And the process of determining that, in one's own head is part of Life's Great Adventure, with perils and rewards, each in his own way.
.....and.....

*sticks out his tongue at you*

You can tell me what to dooooo!! Na-na-boo-boo!!

:o)

This is why Self is so important, and such a catalyst to the future - the fall of religions. People are realizing that no religion is required to achieve any salvation, except for the division, hatred, and separation of humanity's global awareness of reality.

Hojo likes to speak of 40K+10 denominations, all the while, the CC is also a denomination - of Christianity. Hate is all that he/she seems to have for other people - denomination set aside.

So yes - decisions are made by each of us.

Hopefully, more people will begin to make the right choices.

Are you?

Cheers!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 2 min _Drifter 974,708
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 2 min Rosa_Winkel 70,695
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 6 min Internet Reality 45,606
Should Black People Forgive White People for Sl... (Jun '07) 11 min Johnny 4,977
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 27 min Rosa_Winkel 445,528
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 44 min I love Jesus 18,780
Play "end of the word" part 2 (Dec '15) 2 hr andet1987 3,021
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 3 hr here 282,955
Moms having sex with their sons (Aug '12) 6 hr Hilary 95
More from around the web