Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 646994 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#461493 Jul 12, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
Pray to the departed ...
Is that not the same thing the Mormons do?
Please define what you mean by..
"the saints who are alive in heaven ."
The Bible does not say that they are bodily alive...
it says ...
Romans 8:23
(DRB) And not only it, but ourselves also, who have the firstfruits of the Spirit:
even we ourselves groan within ourselves,==> waiting for the adoption of the sons of God, the redemption of our body.
(Geneva) And not onely the creature, but we also which haue the first fruites of the Spirit,
euen we doe sigh in our selues,==>waiting for the adoption, euen the redemption of our body.
(KJV) And not only they, but ourselves also, which have the firstfruits of the Spirit,
even we ourselves groan within ourselves,-->waiting for the adoption, to wit, the redemption of our body.
Are you saying they have already experienced the adoption, to wit, the redemption of their bodies.
If you are...then you are in error...
KAY

HAD A THOUGHT THAT MIGHT BRING US ALL CLOSER TOGETHER ..SENT you a Message

Involves having prayer for us all with prayer requests ..etc

We can post our requests and then have a,group prayer time

WE certainly are mire Than 2 of His people .

Let me know,
ReginaM

Bloomfield, NJ

#461494 Jul 12, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Well yes ... but is she going to go to hell for eternity???
That is the big question???
:)
Not if she repents.

;)
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#461495 Jul 12, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>Really? Is that the truth? If so then I have misjudged you!
I cannot bring myself to attack the faith of my Orthodox brothers and sisters. Maybe it's because I have Greek Orthodox family, but more likely that I see you as part of the Church in the way our popes and bishops do. You and your Orthodox friends may disagree with me, but my hand will always be outstretched towards your Church even though you may spit on it.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#461496 Jul 12, 2013
But no real personal info ..just like ..my niece..Or my son. Like that

We coukd do it on the weekend or at even I n g as free work time .

Just an idea

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#461497 Jul 12, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm going to go wash my dishes, so I won't get caught in the middle of all this Christian love.
:)
lol

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#461498 Jul 12, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
I cannot bring myself to attack the faith of my Orthodox brothers and sisters. Maybe it's because I have Greek Orthodox family, but more likely that I see you as part of the Church in the way our popes and bishops do. You and your Orthodox friends may disagree with me, but my hand will always be outstretched towards your Church even though you may spit on it.
you show me respect I will show you respect.
Human Being

Basile, LA

#461499 Jul 12, 2013
who="Anthony MN"
There are denials in both camps. There are LOUD PROTESTS in both camps. There are admissions and repentance in both camps. You sin, we sin. Just as Jesus said.
There are misfits and hypocrites all over the place, Anthony. But the CC problem is compounded because they require thousands of men to deny themselves the life that God has given to mankind.
Jesus said that "not many" could live such a life. But the CC requires it of THOUSANDS (many) anyway.
Don't tell me that those men KNOWINGLY make such a pledge. Most of them long to serve God, but have no idea of the sacrifice that they are required to make. And you know that, if they do not make that vow, they are not accepted to the ministry by the CC.
KayMarie
confronting

KayMarie:

You are right it is a definite and ongoing problem. But that's the way it is....

Seminary, and the ordained priesthood takes a lot of time to form. It is both a weeding out process by the more experienced clergy, and introspection by the potential ordained clergy(and religious).

That is why Holy Orders and Religious(monks and nuns) and the RCC in general consider such a commitment as a marriage. Something that is meant to be singular in this life. But as we see in the world, there are all kinds of problems with the ideal singular marriage.

In a sense people "expect" project this ideal of being a perfect priest, and get disappointed when priests prove themselves to be imperfect sinners like everyone else....

But to me it shows they are simply human.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#461500 Jul 12, 2013
who="lightbeamrider" OK.
<quoted text> I'M sure you came to that conclusion absent any hate but it still comes across as a slam. Is your conclusion based on investigation from Catholic sources free of Protestant distortions? Do you go to Democrats for definitions on Republicans? The Catholic church has a central location. Rome. What is the central location for Protestants? Is your church the only true church and other churches who have points of contention in various degrees wrong? Why so many sects? Is that Biblical? Female Ministers? Is that Biblical?
What 'females' did Jesus send to tell the disciples of His resurrection? Matthew 28
What 'female' preached the appearance of the Messiah to all the believers in Jerusalem? Luke 2:36-38
What 'females' did Paul say HELPED HIM IN HIS MINISTRY? Phil. 4:3
'Female' judge in Israel (Deborah) Judges 4:4
'Female' prophetess (Huldah) II Kings 22:14
Luke 8:2,3 Names women who traveled with, and supported Jesus as He ministered in Galilee. They followed Him to Jerusalem, to the cross, and to the tomb. They saw Him first after the resurrection, and told the disciples (who did not believe them) that He was alive.
Shall I go on?
KayMarie
Thanks for the comeback. Nobody is saying females had important roles but there are qualifications Paul writes about to hold positions and i don't see where females are in the mix. It has to be males of outstanding character and that would exclude females. Strictly speaking your case is weak. Also there is the problem of the all the sects which was ignored. Is all the sects Biblical?
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#461501 Jul 12, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Ant....What does Marian Worship mean????? What does "bowing before a statue of Mary in worship" mean?????
Pope John Paul II and Marian Worship...
POPE PRAYER TO MARY.
Pope John Paul bowing before a statue of Mary in worship.(See below right pic as well)
On May 7 Pope John Paul II dedicated his general audience to "the Virgin Mary" and urged all Christians to accept Mary as their mother. He noted the words spoken by Jesus on the cross to Mary and to John--"Woman, behold thy son!" and "Behold thy mother!" (John 19:26,27), and he claimed that in this statement "IT IS POSSIBLE TO UNDERSTAND THE AUTHENTIC MEANING OF MARIAN WORSHIP in the ecclesial community ... which furthermore is based on the will of Christ" (Vatican Information Service, May 7, 1997).
John Paul II underlined that "the history of Christian piety teaches that MARY IS THE PATH THAT LEADS TO CHRIST, and that filial devotion to her does not at all diminish intimacy with Jesus, but rather, it increases it and leads it to very high levels of perfection." He concluded by asking all Christians "to make room (for Mary) in their daily lives, ACKNOWLEDGING HER PROVIDENTIAL ROLE IN THE PATH OF SALVATION"
Been there, done that with you....several times...proved that the statement from your source is false. Go find a house to haunt.
Human Being

Basile, LA

#461502 Jul 12, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
You damned right I become angry when I think of men in religious garb burning homosexuals at the stake while proclaiming that the homosexuals offended a god.
That makes me see RED, and I will do all in my power to prevent it from happening again!
I am proud to feel anger at such atrocities.
June:

We all have disordered passions. But an eye for an eye, revenge and rage leads to a bad end.

Some people seek to order their passions. Turn from vices to virtues....

In the end, a virtue seems to me the better way to go....

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#461503 Jul 12, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
June:
Seems to me, you are more desperate for me to believe, so it can justify your world-view....
Sorry, I just don't fit into your world-view.
Your view of heaven is bliss for you, and your view of hell is punishment for others.

If that is NOT your view, you are not a real Catholic.

Prince George, Canada

#461504 Jul 12, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
June:
We all have disordered passions. But an eye for an eye, revenge and rage leads to a bad end.
So you agree that it was a good idea for Catholics to burn homosexuals at the stake???

Is that your idea of turning a vice into a virtue??? You say nothing about the atrocities, so that maybe they can be repeated at a future time with your "blessing?"

Prince George, Canada

#461505 Jul 12, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
June:
We all have disordered passions....
Your religion IS a disordered passion!
ReginaM

Bloomfield, NJ

#461506 Jul 12, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
June:
It's better to be pleasant without any expectation of reciprocation instead of saying if you be nice to me, I'll be nice to you, which is a form of an eye for an eye.
Yes, I agree.

Prince George, Canada

#461507 Jul 12, 2013
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
Not if she repents.
;)
Maybe you have to repent first and then she will repent and then you can both beg Jesus for forgiveness of your sins until you repeat them again in the next posts to each other.

Silly people!

Prince George, Canada

#461508 Jul 12, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
June:
We all have disordered passions
Why did you leave your Protestant religion for Catholicism Robert?

After all, they both promise that a Jew is coming to save you so you don't end up in hell.
LTM

Kingston, Canada

#461509 Jul 12, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>DO not post to me again...you lied right now...I called you marie and also regina....I never personally attacked you only the catholic church.If you take that personally than that is on you.And you did say you could prove calling me and I asked you to post it...now take your Barbie dolls and go home...if you don't care about what I say than STOP REPLYING TO ME OR MAKING COMMENTS TO OTHER POSTERS REFFERING TO ME..LOL..I will no longer reply to any of your post from now on.Its pointless. Your pointless!
Hi Sere, don't let Regina get you upset.
Everyone on here knows about Regina by now.
Human Being

Basile, LA

#461510 Jul 12, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Why DID you convert from Protestantism to Catholicism in the first place Robert?
Were you mesmerized by all that chatter about Catholic saints traveling in the presence of a god?
June:

Conversion is a process. So it seems to me your looking more for a catalyst when you ask the question....

I would say, although I had no(but negative impressions imposed by my Protestant upbringing) exposure to Catholicism, while I went on a tour of the Mission in Santa Barbara, CA., I saw a Rosary for the first time, and decided I needed to know more.

(Later, I reflected on the experience, but how does a blind man describe what he sees, when he first sees, to others that don't see???) To you it would be unbelievable.

So, that's about as close as I could say was seeing a Rosary.

Actually, it wasn't till later, was I presented with the treasure chest opening to the vast wealth of the saints....Mainly, I see them in their writings, which are too numerous to count. The wealth of their wisdom, such a beauty left for those who seek it out....(I am not talking about theologians. I am talking about the wisdom of these simple people.)

Perhaps in time, you might investigate for yourself?

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#461511 Jul 12, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Sere, don't let Regina get you upset.
Everyone on here knows about Regina by now.
You are right, reggie will stab you in the back and it will come at any time. she is a very disoriented person, and therefore you cant have a pleasant relationship with her
LTM

Kingston, Canada

#461512 Jul 12, 2013
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
I would rather not discuss scripture with someone who gets their biblical exegesis from Jethro.
Well Regina I just got that scripture from the Bible that you catholic folk claim you gave the world.

God will use whom He will use to get His message of salvation across to the lose Regina.

Maybe the catholic church isn't in to soul saving.
Just into saving their precious church coffers

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 7 min Barnsweb 445,754
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 23 min RiversideRedneck 49,501
Dirty snapchat with teen girls (May '14) 36 min HOLLAND_123 12
guys what color panties are you wearing today??... 36 min plamco 4
Why Australians should fear Muslims? (Feb '15) 1 hr Truthiness 29
Just HOW angry is Satan??? 1 hr Truthiness 25
dihydrocodeine Can you buy online. ?? (Jan '14) 1 hr Ghost 26
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 2 hr Buck Crick 971,806
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 5 hr karl44 105,685
topix drops human sexuality forum.......this be... 11 hr WasteWater 27