Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 665168 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#461478 Jul 12, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>okie dokie...but it would not bother me if you did.I do not take it personally.
It would bother me.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#461479 Jul 12, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
It would bother me.
Really? Is that the truth? If so then I have misjudged you!
Human Being

Basile, LA

#461480 Jul 12, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
Saul used witchcraft because
And Saul answered, I am sore distressed; for the Philistines make war against me, and God is departed from me, and answereth me no more, neither by prophets, nor by dreams: therefore I have called thee, that thou mayest make known unto me what I shall do.
(-->DO YOU APPROACH THE (so called) SAINTS for the same reason that Saul did ...
Is it because God has rejected you?
HAS the LORD is departed from you and is become your enemy?<--)
1Sa 28:16 Then said Samuel, Wherefore then dost thou ask of me,
--> seeing the LORD is departed from thee, and is become thine enemy?<--
~~~
THE BIBLE SAYS..
(DRB) For there is one God: and one mediator of God and men, the man Christ Jesus:
(Geneva) For there is one God, and one Mediatour betweene God and man, which is the man Christ Iesus,
(KJV) For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;
confronting:

Not at all.

The RC mindset is not what you think/believe. So there is no need cherry-pick the scriptures, to reinforce and assert otherwise.

I can only speak in general here....

The RC mindset regarding "Saints" is simply this, all Christians for all time are united like one body, the Bride of Christ.

Try and see it from an eternal perspective, that past, present, and future saints are the Bride, One Body.

The Saints dead are "closer" to Christ in a sense that they no longer have the flesh to contend with...,

It is perhaps harder for a RC to distance, or separate themselves from those dead in Christ, than it is for you to take an eternal perspective.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#461481 Jul 12, 2013
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
I'd much rather have discussions of this sort, so I'll butt in.....
While I love those you listed and many others....Deborah, what a woman, huh? I love that she was a Judge!!....that is not the same as a female minister. Christ instituted the Priesthood at the Last Supper among the Apostles. It isn't the same as the "ministering" you're speaking of. We have our gifts, our work, and it's important, but it is not the Priesthood.
My mom said she felt humbled to serve Jesus as the mother of six children with the duty to raise us in the faith and that her role was just as important in God's eyes as any priest. I'll always believe that.
ReginaM

Bloomfield, NJ

#461482 Jul 12, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>Your wrong marie, I do not get any joy and never thought about it.It must be something that YOU are getting. Why is it that you always turn and twist things around to make yourself look like the victum? you do this to everyone on this forum.And your right about one thing..I will agree with you on this,I am also not the only one seeing YOUR posts.Now lets talk about secrets....how many do you have?Do you have any fears?
No more than the average person has.

You're obviously out for blood, Rose, and I'm not going to give it to you. I hope you and your cohorts enjoy yourselves at my expense. I'm sorry to see how proud you are of it.

You'll be fighting with yourself from now on as I'd rather not get down that low. You're out of control.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#461483 Jul 12, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>.
Proven to who? You? Lol.
I know God through His Son Jesus. He is in my heart, in my mind and in my soul at all times. He is the head of my Church and I am a part of His body. I would wish that you could experience the grace He pours out on us through the Sacrament of the Eucharist. You need prayers...I'm glad to offer some for you.
Do you know where you will live for eternity???

Location hidden

#461484 Jul 12, 2013
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
No, as I said, I didn't say I could prove it. I said it gave an "indication". And so it does.
And, no, everyone does not "know" that I have "lied many times". It's an easy PERSONAL ATTACK and used by many. That's the extent of it.
For some reason you seem to have an inflated opinion of yourself....I truly don't care about you or who you talk to. Why do you think it's always about YOU? It's not.
Believe me, I have no interest in any sort of supposed friendship with you. Sadly, I found that's not possible in your case.
Perhaps if you didn't slander the Catholic Church and make PERSONAL ATTACKS on her and her members, no one would have to correct you. I know you don't like being opposed but them's the brakes!
Yes, my name is Marie. Many people here know that. I've explained a few times that Regina is my Confirmation and middle name. Thank you for finally using it. You always used Regina on the phone in spite of my telling you it's Marie. It's about time!
DO not post to me again...you lied right now...I called you marie and also regina....I never personally attacked you only the catholic church.If you take that personally than that is on you.And you did say you could prove calling me and I asked you to post it...now take your Barbie dolls and go home...if you don't care about what I say than STOP REPLYING TO ME OR MAKING COMMENTS TO OTHER POSTERS REFFERING TO ME..LOL..I will no longer reply to any of your post from now on.Its pointless. Your pointless!
Human Being

Basile, LA

#461485 Jul 12, 2013
who="Anthony MN"
I agree. Why is it you only show your disgust over the Catholic sins?
Maybe it is because the CC's loudly deny their sins. I understand that the U.N. is presently getting into that investigation.
The evangelicals loudly PROTEST offenders in their groups.(J. Bakker and J. Swaggart, for instance.)
KayMarie
contrinting:

KayMarie

You may want to reconsider, or explain your "denial" assumption.

Its a touchy/painful subject to reveal sins in public. I don't suppose many people get up in the middle of your church services and declare all their sins to their fellow believers, let alone to the public?

Its easy, to call past sins dead, and forgotten, when in fact that tends to make them fester. I think most often it tends to be sins of omission that do the longer harm to oneself, and others. When one can see their sin, and the direct result, the Christian tends to move more quickly to God for mercy and forgiveness.

Its best to forgive others before going to God. So I advise you to forgive those stupid/misinformed Catholics of their sins first!(smile)

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#461486 Jul 12, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
confronting:
Not at all.
The RC mindset is not what you think/believe. So there is no need cherry-pick the scriptures, to reinforce and assert otherwise.
I can only speak in general here....
The RC mindset regarding "Saints" is simply this, all Christians for all time are united like one body, the Bride of Christ.
Try and see it from an eternal perspective, that past, present, and future saints are the Bride, One Body.
The Saints dead are "closer" to Christ in a sense that they no longer have the flesh to contend with...,
It is perhaps harder for a RC to distance, or separate themselves from those dead in Christ, than it is for you to take an eternal perspective.
Why DID you convert from Protestantism to Catholicism in the first place Robert?

Were you mesmerized by all that chatter about Catholic saints traveling in the presence of a god?
ReginaM

Bloomfield, NJ

#461487 Jul 12, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
My mom said she felt humbled to serve Jesus as the mother of six children with the duty to raise us in the faith and that her role was just as important in God's eyes as any priest. I'll always believe that.
I believe that, too, Anthony. It's a matter of vocations. Your mother was a lovely woman, I know you miss her very much. I've been missing my parents, too. All the time, but sometimes more than others. In fact, I'm going to offer it up for the Holy Souls. I knew some good could come of it!
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#461488 Jul 12, 2013
<quoted text>
I don't ask dead folk for any thing..
Their spirits are with God and oblivious to any thing that is transpiring on the earth...
"Why then, since we are watched from above by such a cloud of witnesses, let us rid ourselves of all that weighs us down, of the sinful habit that clings so closely, and run, with all endurance, the race for which we are entered."

Prince George, Canada

#461489 Jul 12, 2013
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
No more than the average person has.
You're obviously out for blood, Rose, and I'm not going to give it to you. I hope you and your cohorts enjoy yourselves at my expense. I'm sorry to see how proud you are of it.
You'll be fighting with yourself from now on as I'd rather not get down that low. You're out of control.
Well yes ... but is she going to go to hell for eternity???

That is the big question???

:)

Prince George, Canada

#461490 Jul 12, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>DO not post to me again...!
I'm going to go wash my dishes, so I won't get caught in the middle of all this Christian love.

Human Being

Basile, LA

#461491 Jul 12, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
YOU are desperate to believe that a god loves you, or you would not have re-joined your Catholic cult.
I believe that if a god loves you, the god would love anybody, as the god would not BE at all fussy.
June:

Seems to me, you are more desperate for me to believe, so it can justify your world-view....

Sorry, I just don't fit into your world-view.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#461492 Jul 12, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
We worship no one but the Blessed Trinity.
You obviously ignore the command about bearing false witness.
Ant....What does Marian Worship mean????? What does "bowing before a statue of Mary in worship" mean?????

Pope John Paul II and Marian Worship...

POPE PRAYER TO MARY.

Pope John Paul bowing before a statue of Mary in worship.(See below right pic as well)

On May 7 Pope John Paul II dedicated his general audience to "the Virgin Mary" and urged all Christians to accept Mary as their mother. He noted the words spoken by Jesus on the cross to Mary and to John--"Woman, behold thy son!" and "Behold thy mother!" (John 19:26,27), and he claimed that in this statement "IT IS POSSIBLE TO UNDERSTAND THE AUTHENTIC MEANING OF MARIAN WORSHIP in the ecclesial community ... which furthermore is based on the will of Christ" (Vatican Information Service, May 7, 1997).

John Paul II underlined that "the history of Christian piety teaches that MARY IS THE PATH THAT LEADS TO CHRIST, and that filial devotion to her does not at all diminish intimacy with Jesus, but rather, it increases it and leads it to very high levels of perfection." He concluded by asking all Christians "to make room (for Mary) in their daily lives, ACKNOWLEDGING HER PROVIDENTIAL ROLE IN THE PATH OF SALVATION"

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#461493 Jul 12, 2013
<quoted text>
~~~
Pray to the departed ...
Is that not the same thing the Mormons do?
Please define what you mean by..
"the saints who are alive in heaven ."
The Bible does not say that they are bodily alive...
it says ...
Romans 8:23
(DRB) And not only it, but ourselves also, who have the firstfruits of the Spirit:
even we ourselves groan within ourselves,==> waiting for the adoption of the sons of God, the redemption of our body.
(Geneva) And not onely the creature, but we also which haue the first fruites of the Spirit,
euen we doe sigh in our selues,==>waiting for the adoption, euen the redemption of our body.
(KJV) And not only they, but ourselves also, which have the firstfruits of the Spirit,
even we ourselves groan within ourselves,-->waiting for the adoption, to wit, the redemption of our body.
Are you saying they have already experienced the adoption, to wit, the redemption of their bodies.
If you are...then you are in error...
KAY

HAD A THOUGHT THAT MIGHT BRING US ALL CLOSER TOGETHER ..SENT you a Message

Involves having prayer for us all with prayer requests ..etc

We can post our requests and then have a,group prayer time

WE certainly are mire Than 2 of His people .

Let me know,
ReginaM

Bloomfield, NJ

#461494 Jul 12, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Well yes ... but is she going to go to hell for eternity???
That is the big question???
Not if she repents.

;)
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#461495 Jul 12, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>Really? Is that the truth? If so then I have misjudged you!
I cannot bring myself to attack the faith of my Orthodox brothers and sisters. Maybe it's because I have Greek Orthodox family, but more likely that I see you as part of the Church in the way our popes and bishops do. You and your Orthodox friends may disagree with me, but my hand will always be outstretched towards your Church even though you may spit on it.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#461496 Jul 12, 2013
But no real personal info ..just like ..my niece..Or my son. Like that

We coukd do it on the weekend or at even I n g as free work time .

Just an idea

Location hidden

#461497 Jul 12, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm going to go wash my dishes, so I won't get caught in the middle of all this Christian love.
lol

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Christians cannot debate with ATHEISTS 2 min Seentheotherside 464
American Soldiers - Duty, Honor, Country (Jun '11) 6 min Voyeur 39,216
Secular Humanism VS Christianity 20 min Truthiness 24
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 44 min Scaritual 87,943
Renzenberger : STEALING MILLIONS from their dri... (Feb '15) 1 hr rocko 44
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr onemale 284,496
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 2 hr karl44 977,199
The Future of Politics in America 21 hr Insults Are Easier 176
More from around the web