Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 650032 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#461433 Jul 12, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
who="Anthony MN"
I agree. Why is it you only show your disgust over the Catholic sins?
Maybe it is because the CC's loudly deny their sins. I understand that the U.N. is presently getting into that investigation.
The evangelicals loudly PROTEST offenders in their groups.(J. Bakker and J. Swaggart, for instance.)
KayMarie
There are denials in both camps. There are LOUD PROTESTS in both camps. There are admissions and repentance in both camps. You sin, we sin. Just as Jesus said.

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#461434 Jul 12, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Incorrect conclusion.
Prove that "God" has not made any mistakes.
IMO - allowing you to post your false doctrine is not part of "God's perfect plan" thus, either you made the mistake in doing so, or "God" has made a mistake in letting you.
First prove that a god exists. Then once you prove that ... go from there and fight over who the god loves.

Silly people!

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#461435 Jul 12, 2013
One last opportunity Sera.....will you take the time to answer this post?

Lay it on me sister - what is the "Truth"?
While you are explaining, can you also fill in the blanks on these other questions?
"What is the Church?"
"What are the qualifications of a Christian?"
"Why do you only believe in a portion of what Jesus taught?"
"Why do you only believe in less than six of the original 13 Apostles?"
"Why is there more 'Paul' teachings in the Bible, instead of more from Jesus?"

Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text> http://www.youtube.com/watch ...

New Age wrote:
Don't have any answers Sera?

But in regards to your "response" above....

I can handle anything you throw out here.

An additional question would be, why are you afraid to post what you claim is the "Truth"?
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#461436 Jul 12, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>If you got em post them....it will not offend me...I find abuse and corruption in ANY church discusting.How could ANY church mislead its people in the name of God??? And that includes the Orthodox Church. Bingo!
I'd prefer not to go there with you Sera, let's keep it civil ok?

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#461437 Jul 12, 2013
who="lightbeamrider" OK.
<quoted text> I'M sure you came to that conclusion absent any hate but it still comes across as a slam. Is your conclusion based on investigation from Catholic sources free of Protestant distortions? Do you go to Democrats for definitions on Republicans? The Catholic church has a central location. Rome. What is the central location for Protestants? Is your church the only true church and other churches who have points of contention in various degrees wrong? Why so many sects? Is that Biblical? Female Ministers? Is that Biblical?

What 'females' did Jesus send to tell the disciples of His resurrection? Matthew 28

What 'female' preached the appearance of the Messiah to all the believers in Jerusalem? Luke 2:36-38

What 'females' did Paul say HELPED HIM IN HIS MINISTRY? Phil. 4:3

'Female' judge in Israel (Deborah) Judges 4:4

'Female' prophetess (Huldah) II Kings 22:14

Luke 8:2,3 Names women who traveled with, and supported Jesus as He ministered in Galilee. They followed Him to Jerusalem, to the cross, and to the tomb. They saw Him first after the resurrection, and told the disciples (who did not believe them) that He was alive.

Shall I go on?

KayMarie

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#461438 Jul 12, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
First prove that a god exists. Then once you prove that ... go from there and fight over who the god loves.
Silly people!
FYI - "God" hasn't been proven to exist yet, what makes you think I can?

*rolls eyes*

You are starting to sound very much like a so-called "Christian".

Maybe you should stop.....as it conflicts with your already given expressed POV.

Prince George, Canada

#461439 Jul 12, 2013
According to Christian theology, Christian heaven did not exist until Jesus came from elsewhere and suddenly Christian heaven became a real place.

According to Muslim theology paradise never existed until the 12th Imam Muhammad came from elsewhere, and suddenly Islamic paradise became a real place.

Before Christianity and Islam ... the god-HEAD resided ONLY in Olam Haba ... which was meant ONLY to favor Jews.

They all started myths to suit their selves and nothing has changed.

Prince George, Canada

#461440 Jul 12, 2013
According to your "mythology" where did Jesus come from before he came to earth.

Keep in mind before his presence came to earth, there was no Christian heaven ... as Jesus brought his new truth with him, and with his new truth, he couldn't go back to his original father who was of Jewish origin?

You people are idiots.

Prince George, Canada

#461441 Jul 12, 2013
Within the theology Catholics teach that Mary's spirit went "back" to heaven.

As a Jew she never came from heaven, so she couldn't go BACK to heaven.

Silly dogmas!

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#461442 Jul 12, 2013
who="Anthony MN"
There are denials in both camps. There are LOUD PROTESTS in both camps. There are admissions and repentance in both camps. You sin, we sin. Just as Jesus said.

There are misfits and hypocrites all over the place, Anthony. But the CC problem is compounded because they require thousands of men to deny themselves the life that God has given to mankind.

Jesus said that "not many" could live such a life. But the CC requires it of THOUSANDS (many) anyway.

Don't tell me that those men KNOWINGLY make such a pledge. Most of them long to serve God, but have no idea of the sacrifice that they are required to make. And you know that, if they do not make that vow, they are not accepted to the ministry by the CC.

KayMarie

ReginaM

Bloomfield, NJ

#461443 Jul 12, 2013
who="lightbeamrider" OK.
<quoted text> I'M sure you came to that conclusion absent any hate but it still comes across as a slam. Is your conclusion based on investigation from Catholic sources free of Protestant distortions? Do you go to Democrats for definitions on Republicans? The Catholic church has a central location. Rome. What is the central location for Protestants? Is your church the only true church and other churches who have points of contention in various degrees wrong? Why so many sects? Is that Biblical? Female Ministers? Is that Biblical?
What 'females' did Jesus send to tell the disciples of His resurrection? Matthew 28
What 'female' preached the appearance of the Messiah to all the believers in Jerusalem? Luke 2:36-38
What 'females' did Paul say HELPED HIM IN HIS MINISTRY? Phil. 4:3
'Female' judge in Israel (Deborah) Judges 4:4
'Female' prophetess (Huldah) II Kings 22:14
Luke 8:2,3 Names women who traveled with, and supported Jesus as He ministered in Galilee. They followed Him to Jerusalem, to the cross, and to the tomb. They saw Him first after the resurrection, and told the disciples (who did not believe them) that He was alive.
Shall I go on?
KayMarie
I'd much rather have discussions of this sort, so I'll butt in.....

While I love those you listed and many others....Deborah, what a woman, huh? I love that she was a Judge!!....that is not the same as a female minister. Christ instituted the Priesthood at the Last Supper among the Apostles. It isn't the same as the "ministering" you're speaking of. We have our gifts, our work, and it's important, but it is not the Priesthood.

Prince George, Canada

#461444 Jul 12, 2013
Within the theology Jesus never came from Christian heaven, so neither could he, or any of the supposed apostles go back to heaven.

So that means that the father and the son are now separated by religion.

Ridiculous blather.

Prince George, Canada

#461445 Jul 12, 2013
<quoted text>
FYI - "God" hasn't been proven to exist yet, what makes you think I can?
*rolls eyes*
You are starting to sound very much like a so-called "Christian".
Maybe you should stop.....as it conflicts with your already given expressed POV.
You believe you are a spirit don't you, and who does your spirit attach TO but a god or a goddess?

Prince George, Canada

#461446 Jul 12, 2013
New-age spiritual "leader" ... who is not religious.

What a joke.
LTM

Kingston, Canada

#461447 Jul 12, 2013
<quoted text>
~~~
The Bible says
Colossians 2:18
(DRB) Let no man seduce you, willing in humility and religion of angels, walking in the things which he hath not seen, in vain puffed up by the sense of his flesh:
(Geneva) Let no man at his pleasure beare rule ouer you by humblenesse of minde, and worshipping of Angels, aduauncing himselfe in those thinges which hee neuer sawe, rashly puft vp with his fleshly minde,
(KJV) Let no man beguile you of your reward in a voluntary humility and worshipping of angels, intruding into those things which he hath not seen, vainly puffed up by his fleshly mind,
why do you disobey the scriptures...
Thank you confronting for that post, I wasn't sure where that scripture was.
As we can see Catholic's pay no regard to the Holy Scriptures.
LTM

Kingston, Canada

#461448 Jul 12, 2013
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
I'd much rather have discussions of this sort, so I'll butt in.....
While I love those you listed and many others....Deborah, what a woman, huh? I love that she was a Judge!!....that is not the same as a female minister. Christ instituted the Priesthood at the Last Supper among the Apostles. It isn't the same as the "ministering" you're speaking of. We have our gifts, our work, and it's important, but it is not the Priesthood.
Your wrong Regina once again.
All born again believer's in Christ Jesus and the works that He did, are part of a royal priesthood, the bible the catholic church gave the world according to you says so.
Surely you will believe Peter your first Pope.
1 Peter 2
The Living Stone and a Chosen People

4 As you come to him, the living Stone—rejected by humans but chosen by God and precious to him— 5 you also, like living stones, are being built into a spiritual house[a] to be a holy priesthood, offering spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ. 6 For in Scripture it says:

“See, I lay a stone in Zion,
a chosen and precious cornerstone,
and the one who trusts in him
will never be put to shame.”[b]

7 Now to you who believe, this stone is precious. But to those who do not believe,

“The stone the builders rejected
has become the cornerstone,”[c]

8 and,

“A stone that causes people to stumble
and a rock that makes them fall.”[d]

They stumble because they disobey the message—which is also what they were destined for.

9 But you are a chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, God’s special possession, that you may declare the praises of him who called you out of darkness into his wonderful light. 10 Once you were not a people, but now you are the people of God; once you had not received mercy, but now you have received mercy.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#461449 Jul 12, 2013
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
Rose, is there a reason why you're ignoring my posts?
Well, I'll keep trying.....
There are many differences between Protestants and Catholics and between our bibles. For one thing, Protestants removed books and NOT for the reasons you specify. For another, you believe in private interpretation and as a result have changed the meaning of many Christian doctrines.
While it's nice to acknowledge our similarities, protestantism has changed the Christian faith and no Pope has accepted those changes, which is something else you seem to repeat over and over. It's simply not true. That is not what ecumenism is about.
At any rate, I certainly hope no one has been bearing false witness about me to you. In spite of our differences, I didn't think you would listen to that kind of talk. Please let me know if you would like those links I mentioned several times.
Must have missed your post I know I answered a few..

Who and what are you talking about ...I never bear false witness ...

Am clueless ..

On the other I posted 3 here we. From your bible and mine.

All say the same thing .

Those missing books sorry ..are not necessary to salvation...

And your bleeds pope did call for unity.

Regina if you and certain others want to look at us as not Christian believers in the same Christ y oh believe in ..go ahead .

We are nit second class..I do not see true Catholic Christians as second class

But we will be welcome by Jesus or not ...But NOT BY ANY POPE

THE TEMPLE CURTAIN HAS BEEN RENT IN TWO.

THERE IS NO BARRUER BETWEEN GOD AND US ...

But if you choose another between you and Him have at it ..enjoy

And no thanks on the links

Human Being

Basile, LA

#461450 Jul 12, 2013
<quoted text>
Well considering the major religions of the world are not allowing any new teachings by Jesus, and that Jesus never wrote anything down himself to begin with, I can honestly say, Jesus isn't teaching anymore.
Now with that being said, one could express interest in the teachings attributed to Jesus, now and in the future, and work to excel in understanding them, but it still requires the effort of that individual to do so. Something no religious organization will be able to do.
Self.
Thanks for responding!
New Age Spiritual Leader:

A lot of justification is based on one's world-view.

If one thinks Jesus was a philosopher/theologian, or if he was God.(And some have a hard time thinking he even existed/exists at all.), or some combination....

Each must decide. And the process of determining that, in one's own head is part of Life's Great Adventure, with perils and rewards, each in his own way.
Human Being

Basile, LA

#461451 Jul 12, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
Why anyone would have a "desperate" need of a god's love is a mystery to me.
When I was under the spell of religion, I believed that the god's love was unconditional for all humans, so I was never worried that I wouldn't be loved. NEVER!
June:

No one said you were.

But are you desperate, or worried now? Are you sure? NEVER and ALWAYS!!
Human Being

Basile, LA

#461452 Jul 12, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
On a personal level you don't judge me ... "so you claim" ... yet you left Atheism because you believed Catholicism would save you from hell, and Atheism would not perform that miracle for you.
I suggest you stop playing games with your self, so you can stop playing games with me.
June:

:)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 1 min RiversideRedneck 55,966
Play "end of the word" part 2 (Dec '15) 41 min andet1987 2,308
News Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 57 min wow 121,881
Talk to Demi Lovato (Jul '08) 1 hr baranfoto 727
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 1 hr ChristineM 445,894
bambam 2 hr brandy trujillo 1
Microsoft MCSA 070-697 deutsch it-pruefungen 2 hr itpruefungende 1
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 9 hr brandy trujillo 971,739
my cousin touches me when i am asleep and i kin... (Mar '14) Mon Jesus 47
More from around the web