Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 687142 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#461421 Jul 12, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
I know and I've called her out on it before. Regina is the biggest hypocrite on here. I will find a post where she is cussing and I will expose her for the hypocrite she really is.
This is her post from today to me: You just can't seem to stop the insults, can you?
I haven't cussed at you or anyone else, but thank you for proving me right!
**And you're right, got back to 2011 and see her insult after insult after insult.
If your lucky you might find the post were she said to hermi and me that after posting to us she felt so dirty that she had to take a bath...lol...or the one where she calls upon Archangel Michael to come and battle hermi and me...
ReginaM

Bloomfield, NJ

#461422 Jul 12, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>Wow regina you must be talking about me.....no one has to bare any false witness against you...they can read it for themselves.You can stop being paranoid about me.
I didn't mention you or anyone. Why do you think it's always about YOU? lol....feeling guilty? There have been a few new names here posting to her.

Get the phone records.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#461423 Jul 12, 2013
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
That's extremely cruel of you.
You've dished out that and more.
Where are the phone records, seraphima?? Why are you so afraid to get them? I would welcome them.
You are the one that claimed to me that YOU had proof of calling me when Hermi was in the hospital.So I didn't feel the need to ask the phone company for my phone records since you confessed to the proof...You know what Marie,Im NOT afraid of proving anything to you.Yes I have dished out a lot of insults in the past but not the Personal attacks that YOU are so famous for.You need to stop the name calling and the PERSONAL ATTACKS on peoples character..

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#461424 Jul 12, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
We don't have seances. We AND our Orthodox brethren ask the saints who are alive in heaven to pray to God on our behalf.
You don't ever ask anyone to pray for you?
~~~
Pray to the departed ...

Is that not the same thing the Mormons do?

Please define what you mean by..

"the saints who are alive in heaven ."

The Bible does not say that they are bodily alive...

it says ...

Romans 8:23

(DRB) And not only it, but ourselves also, who have the firstfruits of the Spirit:

even we ourselves groan within ourselves,==> waiting for the adoption of the sons of God, the redemption of our body.

(Geneva) And not onely the creature, but we also which haue the first fruites of the Spirit,

euen we doe sigh in our selues,==>waiting for the adoption, euen the redemption of our body.

(KJV) And not only they, but ourselves also, which have the firstfruits of the Spirit,

even we ourselves groan within ourselves,-->waiting for the adoption, to wit, the redemption of our body.

Are you saying they have already experienced the adoption, to wit, the redemption of their bodies.

If you are...then you are in error...
ReginaM

Bloomfield, NJ

#461425 Jul 12, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>If your lucky you might find the post were she said to hermi and me that after posting to us she felt so dirty that she had to take a bath...lol...or the one where she calls upon Archangel Michael to come and battle hermi and me...
St. Michael the Archangel,
defend us in battle.
Be our defense against the wickedness and snares of the Devil.
May God rebuke him, we humbly pray,
and do thou,
O Prince of the heavenly hosts,
by the power of God,
thrust into hell Satan,
and all the evil spirits,
who prowl about the world
seeking the ruin of souls. Amen.

Is this the prayer you're talking about? It's beautiful, isn't it? There's also a chaplet to St. Michael which is even more lovely.

I'm sorry you see the need to belittle me and my beliefs. I guess the worst part is that you're getting so much joy out of doing so.

Well, as I said, I'm not the only one who sees your posts. We do nothing in secret, seraphima.

#461426 Jul 12, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess I don't appreciate her reaction sometimes. It's rather hurtful to those of us who wouldn't throw that in the face of our Orthodox brethren.

~~~
You don't have any scruples in trashing evangelicals tho now do you?

as you have me and others?

#461427 Jul 12, 2013
who="Anthony MN"
lol. I think they think the only civilized Christians are those born in the Allegheny Mountains.

We weren't born in the Allegheny Mountains, but we have civilized Christian brothers and sisters there and ALL OVER THE WORLD.:)

KM

#461428 Jul 12, 2013
who="Anthony MN"
I guess I don't appreciate her reaction sometimes. It's rather hurtful to those of us who wouldn't throw that in the face of our Orthodox brethren.

We READ this forum! We see what is thrown and where.

KM

#461429 Jul 12, 2013
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
St. Michael the Archangel,
defend us in battle.
Be our defense against the wickedness and snares of the Devil.
May God rebuke him, we humbly pray,
and do thou,
O Prince of the heavenly hosts,
by the power of God,
thrust into hell Satan,
and all the evil spirits,
who prowl about the world
seeking the ruin of souls. Amen.
Is this the prayer you're talking about? It's beautiful, isn't it? There's also a chaplet to St. Michael which is even more lovely.
I'm sorry you see the need to belittle me and my beliefs. I guess the worst part is that you're getting so much joy out of doing so.
Well, as I said, I'm not the only one who sees your posts. We do nothing in secret, seraphima.
~~~
The Bible says

Colossians 2:18

(DRB) Let no man seduce you, willing in humility and religion of angels, walking in the things which he hath not seen, in vain puffed up by the sense of his flesh:

(Geneva) Let no man at his pleasure beare rule ouer you by humblenesse of minde, and worshipping of Angels, aduauncing himselfe in those thinges which hee neuer sawe, rashly puft vp with his fleshly minde,

(KJV) Let no man beguile you of your reward in a voluntary humility and worshipping of angels, intruding into those things which he hath not seen, vainly puffed up by his fleshly mind,

why do you disobey the scriptures...
ReginaM

Bloomfield, NJ

#461430 Jul 12, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>You are the one that claimed to me that YOU had proof of calling me when Hermi was in the hospital.So I didn't feel the need to ask the phone company for my phone records since you confessed to the proof...You know what Marie,Im NOT afraid of proving anything to you.Yes I have dished out a lot of insults in the past but not the Personal attacks that YOU are so famous for.You need to stop the name calling and the PERSONAL ATTACKS on peoples character..
No, I didn't say I had proof. I said I found some paperwork that "indicated" the time period of your last call to me. I would say within a few days. Someone dropped it off while I was on the phone with you and since you were so upset over hermi (he was in Pittsburgh) I just put my hand over the receiver and told the person I would be with them in a little while. I remember the call very clearly. We may have spoken one other time after that, but I doubt it since the hurricane forecast was very serious and I had to make preparations. Then we got hit very badly. I was without power for a long time.

So, if you're not afraid of proving anything I would welcome those records.

I would also appreciate your ceasing making PERSONAL ATTACKS on me and my fellow Catholics and on the Church. You do so with glee and it's not pretty. Many people here think it's okay to say whatever they wish with impunity. I do not. I am not "famous" for name-calling. You made that up to attack me with. Now, preston or charles....yes, they ARE famous for it. But not a peep out of you........why???
June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#461431 Jul 12, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
It isn't vindictive for a Being Who IS LOVE AND TRUTH, to say, "You can't bring your hate and filth into my place!
You consider little children of Muslims, Hindus, Buddhists and Atheists (for instance) to be filth?

You are one sick puppy!
ReginaM

Bloomfield, NJ

#461432 Jul 12, 2013
This was posted a long time ago by a Catholic who went by the name of "gened" in response to someone who said they weren't making PERSONAL ATTACKS on Catholic PEOPLE, but ONLY attacking the Catholic Church and what she teaches. I saved it because it's so very true, he hit the nail on the head. I hope he doesn't mind if I re-post it here:

"Let's make this perfectly clear. When you express hate for another's core belief, you are attacking his or her very essence.. So no matter how you delude yourself with pious but meaningless platitudes, you are attacking and expressing hate for the "PEOPLE"...This is the simple, plain and unambiguous truth of practically all of your posts to date..."

Gene was a very intelligent poster and he's missed by his friends. I hope he's doing well.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#461433 Jul 12, 2013
who="Anthony MN"
I agree. Why is it you only show your disgust over the Catholic sins?
Maybe it is because the CC's loudly deny their sins. I understand that the U.N. is presently getting into that investigation.
The evangelicals loudly PROTEST offenders in their groups.(J. Bakker and J. Swaggart, for instance.)
KayMarie
There are denials in both camps. There are LOUD PROTESTS in both camps. There are admissions and repentance in both camps. You sin, we sin. Just as Jesus said.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#461434 Jul 12, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Incorrect conclusion.
Prove that "God" has not made any mistakes.
IMO - allowing you to post your false doctrine is not part of "God's perfect plan" thus, either you made the mistake in doing so, or "God" has made a mistake in letting you.
First prove that a god exists. Then once you prove that ... go from there and fight over who the god loves.

Silly people!

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#461435 Jul 12, 2013
One last opportunity Sera.....will you take the time to answer this post?

New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:

Lay it on me sister - what is the "Truth"?
While you are explaining, can you also fill in the blanks on these other questions?
"What is the Church?"
"What are the qualifications of a Christian?"
"Why do you only believe in a portion of what Jesus taught?"
"Why do you only believe in less than six of the original 13 Apostles?"
"Why is there more 'Paul' teachings in the Bible, instead of more from Jesus?"

Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text> http://www.youtube.com/watch ...

New Age wrote:
Don't have any answers Sera?

But in regards to your "response" above....

I can handle anything you throw out here.

An additional question would be, why are you afraid to post what you claim is the "Truth"?
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#461436 Jul 12, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>If you got em post them....it will not offend me...I find abuse and corruption in ANY church discusting.How could ANY church mislead its people in the name of God??? And that includes the Orthodox Church. Bingo!
I'd prefer not to go there with you Sera, let's keep it civil ok?

#461437 Jul 12, 2013
who="lightbeamrider" OK.
<quoted text> I'M sure you came to that conclusion absent any hate but it still comes across as a slam. Is your conclusion based on investigation from Catholic sources free of Protestant distortions? Do you go to Democrats for definitions on Republicans? The Catholic church has a central location. Rome. What is the central location for Protestants? Is your church the only true church and other churches who have points of contention in various degrees wrong? Why so many sects? Is that Biblical? Female Ministers? Is that Biblical?

What 'females' did Jesus send to tell the disciples of His resurrection? Matthew 28

What 'female' preached the appearance of the Messiah to all the believers in Jerusalem? Luke 2:36-38

What 'females' did Paul say HELPED HIM IN HIS MINISTRY? Phil. 4:3

'Female' judge in Israel (Deborah) Judges 4:4

'Female' prophetess (Huldah) II Kings 22:14

Luke 8:2,3 Names women who traveled with, and supported Jesus as He ministered in Galilee. They followed Him to Jerusalem, to the cross, and to the tomb. They saw Him first after the resurrection, and told the disciples (who did not believe them) that He was alive.

Shall I go on?

KayMarie

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#461438 Jul 12, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
First prove that a god exists. Then once you prove that ... go from there and fight over who the god loves.
Silly people!
FYI - "God" hasn't been proven to exist yet, what makes you think I can?

*rolls eyes*

You are starting to sound very much like a so-called "Christian".

Maybe you should stop.....as it conflicts with your already given expressed POV.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#461439 Jul 12, 2013
According to Christian theology, Christian heaven did not exist until Jesus came from elsewhere and suddenly Christian heaven became a real place.

According to Muslim theology paradise never existed until the 12th Imam Muhammad came from elsewhere, and suddenly Islamic paradise became a real place.

Before Christianity and Islam ... the god-HEAD resided ONLY in Olam Haba ... which was meant ONLY to favor Jews.

They all started myths to suit their selves and nothing has changed.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#461440 Jul 12, 2013
According to your "mythology" where did Jesus come from before he came to earth.

Keep in mind before his presence came to earth, there was no Christian heaven ... as Jesus brought his new truth with him, and with his new truth, he couldn't go back to his original father who was of Jewish origin?

You people are idiots.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 29 min old_moose 30,572
News Costa Mesa man, 50, sentenced to 25 years to li... 1 hr Voice of Reason 3
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 hr Aerobatty 987,071
Any horny girls with snapchat looking for fun (Oct '16) 9 hr skurrrrallla 14
Girl snapchat names (Feb '15) 9 hr meetsnapgirls 3
Looking for girls to snapchat 9 hr meetsnapgirls 4
NO 1 black and white dating site in US (Oct '12) 10 hr sinlin 4
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 11 hr Seentheotherside 619,787
More from around the web