Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 650612 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#461313 Jul 12, 2013
People who cling to a religion that teaches some humans will burn in hell are responsible for clinging to that system of belief.

If you believe it, you MUST also own it.

No other person is responsible for how you believe, and that is the truth.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#461314 Jul 12, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
You said: I didn't particularly approve of it.
Could have avoided all this if you would have admitted 20 minutes ago. So why did you continue to stick up for what the pope did? Because he is your leader and you just knew he couldn't have done anything wrong...right? After all, he has authority from God right?
And let's be honest Chuck, I defended him against your accusation that he must've "believed" in the Quran because he kissed it.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#461315 Jul 12, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Remember...you said you didn't approve of it and yet you are still making excuses for him.
He was dead wrong and you know it.
I understand his motivation for doing it. You still don't. You want to make it out that he "believed" in the Quran which is a lie and false witness on your part.

Prince George, Canada

#461316 Jul 12, 2013
I am thankful I don't believe that souls exist, or that they will burn in hell.

I would rather believe that all forms of life just live and die as nature unfolds in it's own mysterious way.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#461317 Jul 12, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
I amened Jethro because the words he posted and understood were scripture. He recognized the truth. Which you not only deny but don't believe, nor recognize as the truth.
You stand behind the veil of religion, never getting beyond the cross, where Jesus died.
The Good News gospel is Jesus is alive, "HE HAS RISEN" Which means to can go directly to God right into His throne room In Prayer.
Sit and visit with our Lord talk to Him about everything and anything, "HE ALREADY KNOWS ALL " but He is our Heavenly Father, He wants to hear from us His children.
Your still sacrificing Jesus every time you take communion Regina,
How utterly arrogant of you to think you call call Jesus down from Heaven and order Him into a wafer so you can eat it.
Do you know what spiritual food is Regina, Its God's Holy Word, Jesus is the word that because flesh, and walked among us.
The bread of life that came down from Heaven.
A wafer is not spiritual, its feeds your belly and not the spirit or soul.
Everything relating to God and Jesus and Holy Spirit is spiritual .
That is why 'WE NO LONGER WALK IN THE FLESH, BUT IN THE SPIRIT'
PRAY IN THE SPIRIT WITHOUT CEASING REGINA,
Ephesians 6:10-18
King James Version (KJV)
10 Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might.
11 Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.
12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.
13 Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.
14 Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness;
15 And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace;
16 Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked.
17 And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God:
18 Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints;
jethro does not believe the Word of God but you think he understands it. And you amened him for it. Looks to me like you will buddy up with atheists because they hate the Catholic Church too.
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#461318 Jul 12, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong. I don't believe the pope can do no wrong, and neither do any faithful Catholics.
Then why did you justify what he did for 20 minutes when all along you didn't approve of it?
hojo

Saint Paul, MN

#461319 Jul 12, 2013
Truthsayer777 wrote:
<quoted text>Many Protestants are becoming Catholics. Great is the spirit of deception that is enveloping the globe. Just another sign of the times.
Protestants are becoming Catholics because they cannot reconcile the contradicting, conflicting and inconsistent "various opinions" within their own churches on questions of morality (abortion, gay marriage, euthenasia, women ministers, embroyonic stem cell research, homosexual ministers, etc. In addition they look at over 2000 years of the history of the Church and while (vehemently trying to challenge it) they discover that the teachings of the Catholic Church have been the same since Christ ascended into heaven--while the doctrine and basics of the faith have been the same since the Apostles.......... e.g Jesus appointed Peter as His earthly representative as the Chief Shepherd of the Church, the Eucharist is the TRUE body and blood of Jesus HIMSELF (as His Sacrifice on the Cross, the Blessed Mother is the Ark of the New Covenant, the Saints are our brothers and sisters in heaven, etc....Protestants by the thousands are beginning to read TRUE APOSTOLIC CHURCH (especially 1500 years prior to Luther and the Reformation) and are being "enlightened by the TRUTH" of what TRUE CHRISTIANITY is, in and through Jesus Christ One True Catholic Church. Bible only beleivers are leaving their half-truth Protestant denomintions coming to the FULLNESS of the Faith and the FULLNESS of TRUTH in Jesus Christ --which is manifested ONLY in HIS One True Catholic Church!!!
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#461320 Jul 12, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
And let's be honest Chuck, I defended him against your accusation that he must've "believed" in the Quran because he kissed it.
I never said he believed in the quran....ever. I said he showing affection for the quran.
ReginaM

Bloomfield, NJ

#461321 Jul 12, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
I amened Jethro because the words he posted and understood were scripture. He recognized the truth. Which you not only deny but don't believe, nor recognize as the truth.
You stand behind the veil of religion, never getting beyond the cross, where Jesus died.
The Good News gospel is Jesus is alive, "HE HAS RISEN" Which means to can go directly to God right into His throne room In Prayer.
Sit and visit with our Lord talk to Him about everything and anything, "HE ALREADY KNOWS ALL " but He is our Heavenly Father, He wants to hear from us His children.
Your still sacrificing Jesus every time you take communion Regina,
How utterly arrogant of you to think you call call Jesus down from Heaven and order Him into a wafer so you can eat it.
Do you know what spiritual food is Regina, Its God's Holy Word, Jesus is the word that because flesh, and walked among us.
The bread of life that came down from Heaven.
A wafer is not spiritual, its feeds your belly and not the spirit or soul.
Everything relating to God and Jesus and Holy Spirit is spiritual .
That is why 'WE NO LONGER WALK IN THE FLESH, BUT IN THE SPIRIT'
PRAY IN THE SPIRIT WITHOUT CEASING REGINA,
Ephesians 6:10-18
King James Version (KJV)
10 Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might.
11 Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.
12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.
13 Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.
14 Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness;
15 And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace;
16 Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked.
17 And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God:
18 Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints;
Like Anthony I've been trying not to reply to your continual lies and hysterical rantings. You should be more like your friend, "Cooterdog".
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#461322 Jul 12, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
I understand his motivation for doing it. You still don't. You want to make it out that he "believed" in the Quran which is a lie and false witness on your part.
You're right I don't understand. I would never ever show affection for anyone or anything that rejected Jesus Christ. The quran rejects Jesus Christ. I guess I'm goofy like that.

Prince George, Canada

#461323 Jul 12, 2013
It took me 70 years of confusion to realize that I can believe I am completely whole and of value to myself just as I am.

For much of my life I believed the teachings of the theologians that the best part of me was in spirit form under the control of a creator.

Silly me to have trusted them to teach me truth.

Liars ... one and all.

Just because they are in one or another religion doesn't mean they are better off than are others. It just means that is what they believe.
LTM

Kingston, Canada

#461324 Jul 12, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
I love that song. Wish I could sing ...
ME TO , I keep telling people that I am very talented I can sing in 4-5 different keys at once. LOL
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#461325 Jul 12, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Then why did you justify what he did for 20 minutes when all along you didn't approve of it?
Again, I was defending aginst your accusation that he "believed" in the Quran which is a lie. I understand why he did it, you don't.
ReginaM

Bloomfield, NJ

#461326 Jul 12, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Who Spin Brother??? Because catholics try to put a spin on things when their leaders make dumb choices.
You can call me a name, I won't care. Heck, I know you like to cuss, so you can cuss at me if it will make you feel better.
You just can't seem to stop the insults, can you?
I haven't cussed at you or anyone else, but thank you for proving me right!

Prince George, Canada

#461327 Jul 12, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
To kiss the Qur'an meant to many people of the world that the pope respected what was written IN the Qur'an.

But I don't believe he fooled the Muslims, as they knew Catholic missionaries were trying to lure Muslims away from Islam and into Catholicism at the same time the pope was kissing their supposed holy book.

From my perspective, it was a display of hypocrisy.

Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#461328 Jul 12, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
I never said he believed in the quran....ever. I said he showing affection for the quran.
No, you didn't say it, you implied it by comparing jethro's disbelief in the bible to the pope kissing the Quran.
ReginaM

Bloomfield, NJ

#461329 Jul 12, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
You're right I don't understand. I would never ever show affection for anyone or anything that rejected Jesus Christ. The quran rejects Jesus Christ. I guess I'm goofy like that.
So you think it's wrong for someone to show affection or favoritism for, say, an atheist or agnostic?
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#461330 Jul 12, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
I understand fundamentalist's objections to showing respect for people who are not the same as they are. I understand that when an Asian or European bow to someone as a sign of respect, you guys assume it's worship and therefore an offense to God. You guys need to get out more often.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#461331 Jul 12, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
To kiss the Qur'an meant to many people of the world that the pope respected what was written IN the Qur'an.
But I don't believe he fooled the Muslims, as they knew Catholic missionaries were trying to lure Muslims away from Islam and into Catholicism at the same time the pope was kissing their supposed holy book.
From my perspective, it was a display of hypocrisy.
Many people were in error. He didn't respect what was IN the Quran, he respected the gift and those who gave it to him.

Prince George, Canada

#461332 Jul 12, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you believe that a savior that professes to love all humans would agree with "YOUR assessment" that if humans don't believe in him and his messages it is only fair that their souls should spend eternity in hell??? Do you really believe that a master of supposed love would be that vindictive???

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 3 min Buck Crick 56,213
Earn $6000+/month Caring For Kids 5 min Kid Kare 1
Israel End is Near (Feb '15) 8 min Brian_G 450
Why are most white people so arrogant? (Apr '10) 10 min jusjj 1,010
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 12 min old school 44,986
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 31 min Rider on the Storm 182,969
Play "end of the word" part 2 (Dec '15) 48 min andet1987 2,350
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 52 min ChristineM 445,932
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr Hangman 971,868
More from around the web