Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 685768 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Chuck

Dublin, OH

#461280 Jul 12, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Out of charity I avoid commenting on your feeble-minded and ignorant posts to spare you the embarrassment. I'll usually only address you when you're either attacking me or throwing out another whopper of a lie about the Catholic Church.
I am not an authority. The Catholic Church is. All I do is correct your errors regarding the Catholic faith and history.
I do believe in the bible. It is historical fact that the only reason protestants even have a bible is because of the Catholic Church. I don't believe in your version of the bible, especially because you have no authority to teach the bible and also because you are barely literate and are a menace to biblical truth.
The Catholic Church never, ever discouraged people from reading the bible, they only discouraged people from reading BAD TRANSLATIONS of the bible.
We have no idols in our Churches.
We don't pray TO Mary or the saints, we ask them to pray to Jesus for us.
We show Jesus on the cross to remind us of His sacrifice and because St. Paul said we are to preach Him crucified.
Spin Brother said: I am not an authority. The Catholic Church is.

**and that is how the pope can kiss the quran...a book of those who reject Christ...and no catholic questions it. Kind of cult like. Whatever pope says goes.

Reminds me of Warren Jeffs
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#461281 Jul 12, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Religion is all about the spinning of words for self-gratification.
which is what you grew up with

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#461282 Jul 12, 2013
who="June VanDerMark"
And you do so by believing that others deserve hell while you deserve heaven.
Sickening belief.

It IS a sickening belief...but it is YOUR belief.

Christians know that all of us were born with a nature that CANNOT inherit heaven...but Jesus invites us to come to Him, and have that old nature changed.

Christians do not believe that THEY deserve heaven...only that it is a gift given by God to those who will accept His gift.

If you love sin, you can't take it with you to heaven. It's still your choice. Your hearse won't pull a U-haul so that you can take your 'stuff' with you.

KayMarie
ReginaM

Bloomfield, NJ

#461283 Jul 12, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Why does that matter? Here is the Spin Brother's post: Jethro doesn't believe the bible. Why would you amen someone who talks about God but doesn't believe in God?
Jethro doesn't believe the bible - and either do muslims
Why would you amen someone who talks about God but doesn't believe in God - why would the pope kiss a book of those who reject Christ.
Want me to add your name to the Spin Brothers? lolol
Because she was "amening" Jethro's personal interpretation of the Bible. An interpretation from someone who rejects the One who inspired it and only uses it to bash Christians.

The Pope did not attempt to interpret the Qu'ran.

You're trying to compare apples to oranges.

Have a nice day, chuck.
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#461284 Jul 12, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Would you have felt better if he punched them in the mouth and stomped on the Quran? They were a formal delegation who came to show respect to the Church founded by Christ. They gave him a gift. There ARE actual peaceful Muslims out there.
The Spin Brother keeps posting.

Maybe take it and do not show affection for it by kissing it. If you as a catholic were ok with that, you're more lost than I thought. If you do have a problem with it, you don't have the stones to admit it.

#461285 Jul 12, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>hermi is doing much better! We do everything together! He is my bestest friend lol.I would be lost without him!!!His illness has taught me a lot and we both are grateful to God and to our friends for all the love and prayers during his illness and in the future.I look forward to chatting with you more and God Bless You!!!!( gotta trim a bunch of bushes now)lol
~~~

Blessing and healing to you both...

Jer 29:11 For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end.

Isa 43:2 When thou passest through the waters, I will be with thee; and through the rivers, they shall not overflow thee: when thou walkest through the fire, thou shalt not be burned; neither shall the flame kindle upon thee.

Blessings

God is faithful
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#461286 Jul 12, 2013
Tempest wrote:
<quoted text>I tried to judge your post with positive icons but it didn't work, must be mu computer. I agree with your post.
Thanks.
ReginaM

Bloomfield, NJ

#461287 Jul 12, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe take it and do not show affection for it by kissing it. If you as a catholic were ok with that, you're more lost than I thought. If you do have a problem with it, you don't have the stones to admit it.
Why do you always resort to name-calling, chuck?
June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#461288 Jul 12, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
It is part of my beliefs that I do not judge others.
On a personal level you don't judge me ... "so you claim" ... yet you left Atheism because you believed Catholicism would save you from hell, and Atheism would not perform that miracle for you.

I suggest you stop playing games with your self, so you can stop playing games with me.

#461289 Jul 12, 2013
who="June VanDerMark"
Do you believe that the creator cared so little for humans, he waited until the last two thousand years to send a savior to earth to instruct humans how to believe and how to behave so they could be "saved" from eternal misery?
Do you really think that LITTLE of the supposed creator?

Read it again, June. HE didn't wait 2,000 years to send a savior. He's been teaching man from the beginning.

We've had the Ten Commandments for at least FOUR thousand years.

But Jesus was "slain BEFORE THE FOUNDATION of the WORLD".

Rev 13:8 And all that dwell upon the earth shall worship him (the anti-Christ), whose names are not written in the book of life of the Lamb (Jesus) slain from the foundation of the world.

KayMarie
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#461290 Jul 12, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Would you have felt better if he punched them in the mouth and stomped on the Quran? They were a formal delegation who came to show respect to the Church founded by Christ. They gave him a gift. There ARE actual peaceful Muslims out there.
You see the spin Spin Brother? You said: They gave him a gift. There ARE actual peaceful Muslims out there.

*I never said it wasn't a gift and I never said there weren't peaceful Muslims.

* I did say your pope showed affection for a book that belongs to those who reject Christ.

2 John 1: 10 If anyone comes to you and does not bring this teaching, do not receive him into your house or give him any greeting, 11 for whoever greets him takes part in his wicked works.

***Do you see "do not greet them" and you said the pope doesn't believe the quran. I guess verse 11 explains a lot about what's going on in the catholic church.

#461291 Jul 12, 2013
who="June VanDerMark"
You have bonded yourself to that self-serving system of belief.
There are many systems of belief in other religions, but you are not bonded to them so you vilify them.

I don't vilify ANY of them. I just lift up the ONE that I KNOW works.

KM
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#461292 Jul 12, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
It IS a sickening belief...but it is YOUR belief.
So you prefer to believe that the majority of the world's people, babies and all will end up in hell for not having a belief in Jesus???

And you believe that is LOVE???

I think NOT!

The belief is repulsive to me!
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#461293 Jul 12, 2013
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you always resort to name-calling, chuck?
Who Spin Brother??? Because catholics try to put a spin on things when their leaders make dumb choices.

You can call me a name, I won't care. Heck, I know you like to cuss, so you can cuss at me if it will make you feel better.

#461294 Jul 12, 2013
who="June VanDerMark"
Religion is all about the spinning of words for self-gratification.

Finally! Your religion (self) is revealed by the spinning of your words.

KM

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#461295 Jul 12, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>you need to stop spreading lies about Church history and get it right yourself before trying to teach others....catholic ch 1054...remember lol by the way...if the Church is as old as God,how did the Church exist before man was created??? Ever thing of that one...lol
Anthony

What dies this say ..I believe this is yours but look at the others ..

My bible says the same thing
http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/...
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#461296 Jul 12, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
The pope did not believe in the Quran. I've seen the tape, not just an internet photo. It was a spontaneous gesture in which he was simply showing appreciation to friendly Muslims who were offering him a gift. In hindsight I believe he probably wouldn't have done it considering the reaction from chest-pounding fundamentalists and others who misunderstood, but yeah, I didn't particularly approve of it.

Chuck, you used to be a bit more reasonable. What happened? Catholic relatives piss you off?

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#461297 Jul 12, 2013
<quoted text>
~~~
Blessing and healing to you both...
Jer 29:11 For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end.
Isa 43:2 When thou passest through the waters, I will be with thee; and through the rivers, they shall not overflow thee: when thou walkest through the fire, thou shalt not be burned; neither shall the flame kindle upon thee.
Blessings
God is faithful
Showed this to Anthony ..all the versions,I read say the same thing ..They have many to look at ..live this site

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/...

#461298 Jul 12, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Out of charity I avoid commenting on your feeble-minded and ignorant posts to spare you the embarrassment. I'll usually only address you when you're either attacking me or throwing out another whopper of a lie about the Catholic Church.
I am not an authority. The Catholic Church is. All I do is correct your errors regarding the Catholic faith and history.
I do believe in the bible. It is historical fact that the only reason protestants even have a bible is because of the Catholic Church. I don't believe in your version of the bible, especially because you have no authority to teach the bible and also because you are barely literate and are a menace to biblical truth.
The Catholic Church never, ever discouraged people from reading the bible, they only discouraged people from reading BAD TRANSLATIONS of the bible.
We have no idols in our Churches.
We don't pray TO Mary or the saints, we ask them to pray to Jesus for us.
We show Jesus on the cross to remind us of His sacrifice and because St. Paul said we are to preach Him crucified.
~~~

You wrote
We don't pray TO Mary or the saints, we ==> ask <== them to pray to Jesus for us.

The definition of ==>ask<==is to pray...

H1156
&#1489;&#1468;&#15 06;&#1492; &#1489;&#1468;&#15 06;&#1488;
be&#8219;a&#770;' be&#8219;a&#770;h
beh-aw', beh-aw'
(Chaldee); corresponding to H1158; to seek or ask:- ask, desire, make [petition], pray, request, seek.

SO YOU DON'T PRAY....TO MARY ...YOU JUST PRAY TO HER...

There is something terribly wrong with your understanding.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#461299 Jul 12, 2013
Read it again, June. HE didn't wait 2,000 years to send a savior. He's been teaching man from the beginning.
Within your theology ... in terms of years ... how long do you believe it is since "god" created Adam and Eve?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 1 min Sojurner D Truth 26,282
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 10 min Gabriel 985,703
News Gov. Abbott suggests 'bathroom bill' is likely ... 1 hr nanoanomaly 5
David Duke: "We're going to take our country ba... 4 hr Doctor REALITY 58
to Maria Chapelle-Nadal: it's time to ROLL, sista' 5 hr Doctor REALITY 1
I hate Haiti (Jan '10) 6 hr Anne Nonymiss 109
"BIGGEST SCAM in WORLD HISTORY...." 7 hr YTube 1st 1
More from around the web