Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 641046 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Human Being

Basile, LA

#461071 Jul 11, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
:)
The ones that Catholic theologians promise will burn in hell are of a "sinister" interest to you Robert.
You in a lackadaisical attitude want them to join you in heaven, is the so choose ... but you know that it's not possible ... so instead you thank that Jew that you hope and pray favors YOU!
You are see-through Robert.
June:

I earned by own stripes.
Send me to prison.

Only because Jesus saved me,
And came for me, that I now see.

So now I can sing freely,
My Lord is risen.

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#461072 Jul 11, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
June:
Tempting God, because you don't understand?
I understand that you once again BELIEVE there is a god that favors only Catholics.

There isn't anything more to understand about how you change beliefs whenever the mood hits you.

Protestant first ... Catholic second ... flirted with Buddhism ... became an Atheist ... and now a born-again Catholic ... what next remains to be seen.

Prince George, Canada

#461073 Jul 11, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
June:
Object of the lesson:
Don't eat the fruit Eve! Steer clear from it!
To late....Suffering and death.
Somebody needs to get rid of that Devil tree.
Jesus is the One.
I suggest you cut the poetic bullsh*t and give me a straight-fore-word yes or no answer to my question.

Do you believe as an Atheist I will go to hell Robert?

Be careful how you answer that question.

If you answer "Yes" ... it will mean that you do believe a god favors Catholics.

And if you answer "No" ... it will mean that you believe being a Catholic is of no benefit to believers.

Prince George, Canada

#461074 Jul 11, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
June:
I earned by own stripes.
Send me to prison.
Only because Jesus saved me,
And came for me, that I now see.
So now I can sing freely,
My Lord is risen.
Would you like me to yodel???

Prince George, Canada

#461075 Jul 11, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
CONTINUED
DOUAY TRANSLATION 1899
SOME ONE IS LYING...AND GOD'S WORD DON'T LIE..
The Douay translation came before your Protestant translation.

If anyone lied it must have been the Protestants.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#461076 Jul 11, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Nonsense. We are indeed taught that our clergy are sinners. where did you get your idea from?
Lets get some facts straight. The Crusades were a noble war.
But without getting into the details of the Crusades and Inquisition right now.. Let me say that Blessed Pope John Paul II did apologize and ask for forgiveness for the sins of the Church during these events. He took the high road and did the Christian thing by apologizing. John Paul knew full well the lopsided reporting of these events by Protestants and Orthodox. He also knew the enormous sins of these two groups as they did their own 'Inquisitioning' and 'Crusading' against Catholics throughout the world.
(see Englands 200 yr ban on the Catholic Mass thorought the British Empire and especially Ireland. See the colonists ban on Catholicism throughout the 13 colonies; the burnings of all things Catholic- including Catholics.)
John Paul also knew he would get no such return apology. But that was ok. You don't just apologize to people because you expect a return apology. That's why the man is a Saint.
And Clay to be clear in every post I have made regarding the CC.

I have shown nothing bug respect and admiration for your modern pope

Most especially John Paul

But in my generation. We were nit taught anything about the past and the Church

And I have said the resurgence to your Church can be directly Ascribed
To His humility ..Imo
DENYING the past is foolish.

There was too much interchange with Church and monarchies.

Then came Church of England. They did not like bibles either
Or papists..though their practices were Catholic. With Henry as head

Along cane daughter Mary ..And all that mess..Catholic..But she shoukd have been banned.

No religion can force belief through violence

None ..

And yet I have read Catholics on this forum denying all he Said ..including his plea for unity among Christians

You now all have bible study ..That was nit the case before ..

The CC is Not medieval but it was .

We do not burn witches..But we did.

God's will and belief in Jesus cannot cone from killing ..torture or burning bibles

He gave us free will to love Him or not.

NIT TO IMPOSE HIM ON OTHERSZ.

HE coukd have done that without any help from us.

The CC is mire guilty ONLY BECAUSE it's been around linger and was,protected by political power .

So was the temple .

So actually is,any belief that is imposed by those in power .

That is why the founders were careful.yo impose NO STATE RELIGION

That was NOT true in medieval times ..And that was the problem .

You get in bed with rulers...They control you or vice versa.

Your church now since VATICAN 2, is much closer to what Jesus,wanted ..Imo.

And IMO there are many of Jesus followers, in both our respective faiths ..
bible nut

Hanover Park, IL

#461077 Jul 11, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Would you like me to yodel???
I would like to hear you yodel miss vanderbuilt.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#461078 Jul 11, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I suggest you cut the poetic bullsh*t and give me a straight-fore-word yes or no answer to my question.
Do you believe as an Atheist I will go to hell Robert?
Be careful how you answer that question.
If you answer "Yes" ... it will mean that you do believe a god favors Catholics.
And if you answer "No" ... it will mean that you believe being a Catholic is of no benefit to believers.
Jesus Christ ..the way the truth and the LIGHT .

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#461080 Jul 11, 2013
CONTINUED
DOUAY TRANSLATION 1899
Mat 16:13 And Jesus came into the quarters of Cesarea Philippi: and he asked his disciples, saying: Whom do men say that the Son of man is?
Mat 16:14 But they said: Some John the Baptist, and other some Elias, and others Jeremias, or one of the prophets.
Mat 16:15 Jesus saith to them: But whom do you say that I am?
Mat 16:16 Simon Peter answered and said: Thou art Christ, the Son of the living God.
Mat 16:17 And Jesus answering said to him: Blessed art thou, Simon Bar-Jona: because flesh and blood hath not revealed it to thee, but my Father who is in heaven.
Mat 16:18 And I say to thee: That thou art Peter; and upon this rock I will build my church, and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.
Mat 16:19 And I will give to thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven. And whatsoever thou shalt bind upon earth, it shall be bound also in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth, it shall be loosed also in heaven.
Mat 16:20 Then he commanded his disciples, that they should tell no one that he was Jesus the Christ.
Mat 16:21 From that time Jesus began to shew to his disciples, that he must go to Jerusalem, and suffer many things from the ancients and scribes and chief priests, and be put to death, and the third day rise again.
SOME ONE IS LYING...AND GOD'S WORD DON'T LIE..
~~~

HERE ARE THREE PARALLEL TRANSLATIONS THAT PROVE THAT ALL THE APOSTLES

WERE GIVE THE SAME AUTHORITY AS PETER ...

John 20:19

(DRB) Now when it was late the same day, the first of the week, and the doors were shut, where the disciples were gathered together, for fear of the Jews, Jesus came and stood in the midst and said to them: Peace be to you.

(Geneva) The same day then at night, which was the first day of the weeke, and when the doores were shut where the disciples were assembled for feare of the Iewes, came Iesus and stoode in the middes, and saide to them, Peace be vnto you.

(KJV) Then the same day at evening, being the first day of the week, when the doors were shut where the disciples were assembled for fear of the Jews, came Jesus and stood in the midst, and saith unto them, Peace be unto you.

John 20:20

(DRB) And when he had said this, he shewed them his hands and his side. The disciples therefore were glad, when they saw the Lord.

(Geneva) And when he had so saide, he shewed vnto them his handes, and his side. Then were the disciples glad when they had seene the Lord.

(KJV) And when he had so said, he shewed unto them his hands and his side. Then were the disciples glad, when they saw the Lord.

(DRB) He said therefore to them again: Peace be to you. As the Father hath sent me, I also send you.

(Geneva) Then saide Iesus to them againe, Peace be vnto you: as my Father sent me, so sende I you.

(KJV) Then said Jesus to them again, Peace be unto you: as my Father hath sent me, even so send I you.

John 20:22

(DRB) When he had said this, he breathed on them; and he said to them: Receive ye the Holy Ghost.

(Geneva) And when he had saide that, he breathed on them, and saide vnto them, Receiue the holy Ghost.

(KJV) And when he had said this, he breathed on them, and saith unto them, Receive ye the Holy Ghost:

John 20:23

(DRB) Whose sins you shall forgive, they are forgiven them: and whose sins you shall retain, they are retained.

(Geneva) Whosoeuers sinnes ye remit, they are remitted vnto them: and whosoeuers sinnes ye reteine, they are reteined.

(KJV) Whose soever sins ye remit, they are remitted unto them; and whose soever sins ye retain, they are retained.
bible nut

Hanover Park, IL

#461082 Jul 11, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus Christ ..the way the truth and the LIGHT .
Is that light 120 or 240?
bible nut

Hanover Park, IL

#461084 Jul 11, 2013
Mercy me wrote:
I have noticed others on this forum correwcting you and you keep on posting lies about the Church over and over again. Please stop.
Do you agree with all the popes allowing child molesters to become priest?And not terminating them when they get caught molesting kids? Yes or no please.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#461085 Jul 11, 2013
Mercy me wrote:
<quoted text>She tries to understand difficult things but she gets disoriented. She is a former Catholic with a grudge so she takes up with Jack Chick and Co. She also believes in contraception and tells young teenagers its okay to us contraception. She is a highly emotional.
again with the Jack Chick
I never heard that name till you posted it to me .
I do not lie.. I looked it up when you accused me ..
Nit posting from any site even similar .
But you know that.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#461086 Jul 11, 2013
Mercy me wrote:
<quoted text>I feel so sorry for you, you are so naivete. Of course Catholics were taught about the past , the hisory of the church pre VaticanII days. Where do you get your ideas from anyway? You know pretestants burned the witches in the Salam witch treials. I think maybe history wasn't your greatest subject. Please quit commenting on the Catholic Church. I asked you nice, now please stop.
No we were not ...I am older than you and left the Church in the late sixties

Please do not tell me what I know or Knew.

Since Vatican 2. The Church has changed ...for the better

Was the Borgia,pope infallible ..We were taught they all were ..
Some were Not.

#461087 Jul 11, 2013
Mercy me wrote:
<quoted text>I feel so sorry for you, you are so naivete. Of course Catholics were taught about the past , the hisory of the church pre VaticanII days. Where do you get your ideas from anyway? You know pretestants burned the witches in the Salam witch treials. I think maybe history wasn't your greatest subject. Please quit commenting on the Catholic Church. I asked you nice, now please stop.
~~~

IS IT NOT JUST A NORMAL ROMAN CATHOLIC THAT STANDS UP FOR A POST THAT SAYS TO ALL

The Vatican issued a document Tuesday restating its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

AND ASK TRUE CHRISTIANS... TO PLEASE STOP DEFENDING THEMSELVES..

AND BUCKLE UNDER (BECOME A SLAVE) UNDER THE DOMINION OF THE ROMAN

CATHOLIC CHURCH...AND JOIN UP TO THEIR FABLED RELIGIOUS SYSTEM?

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#461088 Jul 11, 2013
Though I did like the LATIN MASS..

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#461089 Jul 11, 2013
bible nut wrote:
<quoted text>Is that light 120 or 240?
He is the only light

The Way to the Father.

Since: Jul 08

Columbus, OH

#461090 Jul 11, 2013
The Unfinished Gospel

The earliest surviving copies of Mark end at Mark 16:8. There the women who have gone to anoint Jesus' body find a young man (neaniskos) wearing a white robe in Jesus' tomb and flee in fright.

It's an odd ending, and to smooth out that ending with the rest of the canonical gospels, various late redactors added disparate endings to Mark, including the one that commonly is printed today.

Bruce Metzger notes in his commentary on the Greek New Testament that three theories are common in scholarship for explaining Mark's strange ending at 16:8: The original ending was lost. Or Mark's author actually intended to end his gospel on a rather odd note with the women fleeing the tomb. Or Mark never got around to finishing his gospel.

But I believe there is a fourth option: Mark's original ending became problematic and was therefore redacted.

Fast forward from Mark's writing in the 70's to 80-something AD. Matthew's and Luke's authors are writing their gospels. Luke claims at 21:32 Jesus said, "Truly I tell you, this generation will certainly not pass away until all these things [including his second coming] have happened." Matthew's author puts a similar statement in Jesus' mouth at 24:34.

Fast forward a little more to roughly 90 AD. The primary author of John finishes his gospel at John 20, not John 21, as it ends now. Don't believe me? Consult Tertullian's writings. In the second century, he quotes John 20:30-31 as the ending of that gospel. But more about that later.

Early Christians believed Jesus would return in their lifetime. Matthew 24:34 and Luke 21:32 feed into this as do a few other passages in all three synoptic gospels. Paul believed this too. To paraphrase 1 Corinthians 7:29-31: "Time is short, so buy stuff as if it is not yours to keep." But modern Christians merely apologize these passages away. They make arguments such as the words "this generation" do not necessarily mean the people living in Jesus' time.

Evan Powell argues in The Unfinished Gospel, correctly I think, that Mark's missing ending also played into the theme of Jesus swiftly returning and that the missing ending was a little too clear about it to be apologized away.

When Jesus' generation obviously had all passed away, early Christians came to doubt their faith because of the failed promise.

Houston, we have a problem.

Enter John 21, John's second ending, sometimes referred to as John's appendix. It was added in the 2nd century to explain away the failed promise of a swift return. In this added chapter, Peter asks Jesus what will become of the Beloved Disciple. The text continues:
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>Jesus answered, "If I want him to remain alive until I return, what is that to you? You must follow me." Because of this, the rumor spread among the brothers that this disciple would not die.
Voilà! Jesus didn't promise to return so soon! You guys merely just misunderstood.

Because of the great variance in the Greek used in John 21 from the rest of John, it is clear chapter 21 is not the work of the primary author. But did this second author make up the text from whole cloth? Apparently not.

For reasons that are complex, it appears this 2nd ending in John may be based loosely on the missing ending of Mark. If so, it is likely that the Beloved Disciple (John? Doubtful. Mark's neaniskos in the tomb in chapter 16 and in chapter 14? Maybe.) was probably promised that Jesus would return in his lifetime in Mark's missing ending. And if so, it appears that different redactors handled that problem differently. John's redactor provided an addition ending that claims the "brothers" had misunderstood what Jesus said. Mark's redactor simply deleted the problem altogether, only to have even later redactors add various endings to close the hole the deleted ending created.

Christians. Gotta love 'em! But keep an eye on the silverware when they’re around.

#461091 Jul 11, 2013
<quoted text>
~~~
IS IT NOT JUST A NORMAL ROMAN CATHOLIC THAT STANDS UP FOR A POST THAT SAYS TO ALL
The Vatican issued a document Tuesday restating its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.
AND ASK TRUE CHRISTIANS... TO PLEASE STOP DEFENDING THEMSELVES..
AND BUCKLE UNDER (BECOME A SLAVE) UNDER THE DOMINION OF THE ROMAN
CATHOLIC CHURCH...AND JOIN UP TO THEIR FABLED RELIGIOUS SYSTEM?
~~~

THERE IS NO PLACE IN THE BIBLE THAT ANY ONE CAN DOCUMENT

WHAT THE ROMAN CATHOLIC CLAIMS.

THEY SAY

the Roman Catholic Church cannot give one scripture ...

from GENESIS THROUGH REVELATION

TO VALIDATE A REASON FOR THEIR EXISTENCE...

I HAVE CHALLENGED THEM SINCE 2007...AND NO ONE CAN GIVE SUCH A SCRIPTURE..

THE BIBLE SAYS...

Amos 3:7

(DRB) For the Lord God doth nothing without revealing his secret to his servants the prophets.

(Geneva) Surely the Lord God will doe nothing, but he reueileth his secrete vnto his seruantes the Prophets.

(KJV) Surely the Lord GOD will do nothing, but he revealeth his secret unto his servants the prophets.

~~~~
I HAVE ASK THEM TO GIVE A PROPHECY ...AND THEY CANNOT...

THEY HAVE ATTEMPTED TO ASSUMED THEMSELVES INTO GOD'S PLAN OF

REDEMPTION..

YET

THEY DO NOT HAVE ONE VERSE IN THE OLD OR THE NEW COVENANT FOR A

FOUNDATION ...NON WHATSOEVER.

Is this not the reason that they have attempted to teach that their conjecture TRUMPS THE WORD OF GOD?

#461092 Jul 11, 2013
who="Clay "
I went to a 'theology on tap' last night. That's where young adults, ages 18-39 get together and discuss the faith over a glass of wine or pint.
Before some certain Ministers respond to that and tell us we're going to Hell, let me say that some Protestant groups also have their own version.
Anyway, last nights discussion was 'the New Evangelization'. Its obvious something profound is happening as the Holy Spirit is making a move to combat yrs and yrs of malicious slander at the hands of Protestantism and secularism. The place was filled to capacity with people standing in the back hallways. I chatted with a young Deacon who'll be ordained a Priest next year. The kid has got fire and the reports are that the seminaries are filled with men just like him; full of zeal and fire.
I'm very proud to be contributing in my own small way to this 'New Evangelization'. Even if its on a merry-go -round endless forum like this.

This is scary! Some Protestants try to debate some CC teachings that we see as anti-Scriptural.(Sorry about those who get combative in their efforts...however, the debate is about the CC, NOT about any of you personally.)

But CC's accuse them of years of malicious slander.

If this continues, CC's will feel justified in another Inquisition.

KayMarie
bible nut

Hanover Park, IL

#461093 Jul 11, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
He is the only light
The Way to the Father.
So says the unauthored book?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 5 min The Hangman 969,796
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 9 min ReasonRational 37,202
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 11 min jasiEL 104,557
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 13 min good advice 44,267
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 24 min good advice 618,282
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 48 min WasteWater 18,631
Should Black People Forgive White People for Sl... (Jun '07) 1 hr Juicez7300 4,836
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr Sweety6754 280,848
More from around the web