Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 542,797
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story

Since: Sep 09

Smithers, Canada

#460778 Jul 10, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
Oxbow:
Thomas A Kempis, in the "Imitation of Christ" begs the question answered....
"Is it better to be humble before God, or learned in the Scriptures?"
Listen to his question and answer...
If you were humble, you would admit you don't even know if a god exists.

Smithers, Canada

#460779 Jul 10, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>how can you make that decision when we have no idea what his plan is? for all I know I could be following his plan and don't realize it because I have no clue what his plan is...think about it, you could be doing the same thing an not know it.
Preachers of religion are all certain they are following a gods plan ... except when they "in feigned humility" admit that they are still sinners.

:)

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#460780 Jul 10, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
It's all the same nutshell.
Containing identical nuts.

Smithers, Canada

#460783 Jul 10, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
June:
Like I have said before, I am pretty slow. So I stop a lot along the way, to catch a glimpse at Beauty when and where I can.
At times the journey seems long, arduous, with perils, but really in eternity it is but a moment....
UH HUH!

When you were less poetic and more honest with your self, you were much more interesting.

Your words on page 75 http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/T675JJ592...

I have read in several places as of late that theology should not be held as a "higher education" class. That it should be seperated from colleges. The reason being is that god being an illusion, means one is studying "hocus pocus", and non-real subjects....

Robert

Smithers, Canada

#460784 Jul 10, 2013
chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Well that`s what happens to schools where God is no longer allowed in.
Do you notice most Christians schools don`t have the problems that public's schools do? Why do you think that is?
Little Christians learn to hide their mischief from others as do their parents. But after a while, they show their true colors, many of them ending up incarcerated for committing crimes of one sort or another.

Smithers, Canada

#460785 Jul 10, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>he is a joke, and people actually believe and follow what he says. how can he be allowed to stay on the air with his lies and b.s. stories.
Pat Robertson feigns humility, and that goes a long way with believers. If you speak soft words in gentle tones, you become god-like and lull followers into dizzy-world. It's a close relation to Disney-world but costs a lot more over-all.

Smithers, Canada

#460786 Jul 10, 2013
Sherlayne wrote:
If there really is any such thing as "one, true religion", does that mean all those who don't belong to it are going to hell?
NO. If you are a modern Pagan, the goddess loves everybody.

It's a matter of belonging to the right religion that gets you where you want to go.

“Let the Children”

Since: Aug 08

Come To Me

#460787 Jul 10, 2013
Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
I see as per usual you missed the point entirely. The Jews did not allow just anyone to translate copies. Perhaps you should be using a Jehovah Witness bible or the book of Moorman since God allowed it. The original translation of the KJV had over 2000 errors as attested to by Protestant scholars and has a preface which admits that it guessed on certain interpretations. Further it had the missing books. ALL sciprture is profitable except when it refutes your doctrine then you can throw it out as some Protestants today are rejecting Paul.
The point being made was that Protestants did ban certain translation. The church did not ban bibles from the laity ever. That is a lie. Bibles before the printing were extremely heavy, required the use of alot of animal and by todays standard would be about $15,000 to produce and no they didnt print them in a day it took years just as the Jewish scribes dotted every I anc crossed the T. The quotes used are taken out of context and some of them never happened. So you chose to disregard the false witness and post this. The Church did not ban the bible in other tongues. Its a lie and you are contributor to a lie. Most of the people could not read. Today there are many who cannot read. The word is preached by hearing. Jesus did not give them a KJV and say pass these out and whatever people think is good and feel free to translate whatever manner you wish. So there are no false teachers in your world, there is only your personal truth that you decide on your own terms.
And my point was my bible and yours say the same thing ..minus the apocryphal books .
The CC kept the Mass,and TH e it books in Latin..

Thank God for the printing press..

But people and books were,destroyed for having bibles in the middle ages...your church wanted priests to dispense knowledge .

And while the gospels ..the rest are in the mass ..in decades past..

Catholics. Studied catechism

You all have bible study now..

I was there Catholic Church and school

Baltimore Catechism .much teaching. But no bibles

Smithers, Canada

#460788 Jul 10, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>and this god went way out of his way to start world war 2 so my German mother could meet my Iowa farm boy father.
Wasn't that nice of god to arrange that war so your mom and dad could bring you into the world to suffer???

And if you grow old, your suffering ain't done yet ... I can verify for that fact.

But according to those who love "god," we were all bad sinners and that is why we have to suffer.

Silly dogmas.

Smithers, Canada

#460789 Jul 10, 2013
chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope..Christians don't believe we are better than everyone else .
The god that you stole from the Jews must believe you are better, or he wouldn't hesitate to ask the devil to fry your souls in hell for eternity along with all the other human refuse.

Smithers, Canada

#460790 Jul 10, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
I am angry that our American education system is so awful it still produces mental midgets like you
BTW, I m not an atheist. In fact, I am probably a better "Christian" than most of your ilk.
OH OH! Another religious war in the making.

Smithers, Canada

#460791 Jul 10, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>there is no difference between being an atheist and Catholicism.
they neither worship the Living God.
Golly Gee ... you wouldn't happen to be a Protestant ... would you???

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#460792 Jul 10, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
Oxbow:
Thomas A Kempis, in the "Imitation of Christ" begs the question answered....
"Is it better to be humble before God, or learned in the Scriptures?"
Listen to his question and answer...
I see where you have been called an atheist and you raised no objection....

I am sorry I spent time and energy in a eranest effort to help a person that I thought was genuinely interested in Scripture and the message therein..

There is coming a day when Jesus will separate His sheep from the goats...the sheep will be in Heaven with Him for eternity....the goats will spend equal time with Satan...

Smithers, Canada

#460793 Jul 10, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>come on, Robert. deal with those posts that you made never thinking that they would be revealed..
HOW CAN YOU TALK ABOUT JESUS WHEN YOU DONT EVEN BELEIVE IN A god?
Robert F is now god's poet. It's close to being a prophet, but being a poet for a god makes it easier to feign humility.

Smithers, Canada

#460794 Jul 10, 2013
chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
The government says pay your taxes or go to jail. If you don't pay your taxes and you go to jail who`s fault is it..government?
Still the ignorance Grams..keep posting I love reading them.
And once you pay your taxes the government still holds you in jail for other sins.

That's your god's system.

If after death I begged your god for forgiveness of my sin of not believing in him, he would say ... "Sorry, but you were a Muslim and you didn't call me by my Jewish name so I am compelled to get the devil to burn you in hell. It's my law."

Silly stuff!

Smithers, Canada

#460795 Jul 10, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>how does an atheist like you know very much about Biology. and if it was blown up, who did it? certainly not a fake like you.lol
I love it that June has blown your cover.
why is reggie silent, is it because you stand against Christians just as she does?
It's much easier for Robert to fall asleep in his poetry than to ask questions of his new-found old Catholic dogmas.

When he questioned the Catholic and Protestant dogmas, he found them sadly lacking, but then he yawned and went back to sleep.

Smithers, Canada

#460796 Jul 10, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
why are the catholics on here silent when it comes to Robert .look at this post from him. where he says there may be a soul.
BUT NOT NECESSARILY A god.
Robert F
Since: Dec 06
Location hidden
|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2009
June VanDerMark wrote:
You see Robert, a short while back, I also believed that there was a God of love that permeated all of creation. Now, I don't place such a title as "love" in connection with the word god. The word "god" now irritates me. And I guess that is for the simple reason, that if this god exists, he/she/it has done a hell of a poor job of taking care of not only the human animal, but all of the other animals that do not (in my opinion) deserve to suffer.
If I was all powerful, and of a humane nature, I would never have allowed suffering to exist in the first place.
Something is very wrong with the whole picture that has been painted by theologians and preachers of so-called truth.
Many people would call me an Atheist, but as of yet, that is not true. I believe there is something that carries on beyond death, but even within my belief, I can't explain if, and where it ends. But I believe that it is invisible to our currant state of being.
I am not at all afraid that I will ultimately become an Atheist, because I don't relate to the idea that belief in a deity is necessary, much less commanded through fear. I reckon we have brains to use in the search for what is our inherent right, and that IS ... comfort in our own beliefs TO search, to question, and to never falter through fear WHILE we search.
If this so-called god is a vengeful maniac, then "he" is not ever, under any circumstances worth my investment of trust.
And if "he" is all divine love, then he has to be in a zombie-like state of inaction, or "he" would do something to change the never-ending suffering ... so "he" is, at any rate, in my opinion, USELESS.
Maybe there never was a god. Maybe we are on our own to rise to a higher state of functioning by caring for each other just as we are. Maybe we are to learn that we are just lowly animals, and not so high and mighty after all.
I never did figure I was better than any of the other animals, so these thoughts are not new to me.
I would appreciate other people's beliefs on this issue..........
lol....USELESS. What a word to use in the case of a man-made god....I like it....
I hate to disagree with you, so I won't. I am in near perfect agreement with you except that I don't equate an "eternal soul" with there necessarily being a god. In that way there rests the responsibility toward a greater degree of leading a moral life for the individual. If not, then the resolution of good and evil, seems to rest outside the human condition. And I don't think that is true.
Also you may be closer to being an atheist than you think....For me that is not an insult, just an observation....
You forgot to note that the following words were Robert's words ... not mine.

lol....USELESS. What a word to use in the case of a man-made god....I like it....
I hate to disagree with you, so I won't. I am in near perfect agreement with you except that I don't equate an "eternal soul" with there necessarily being a god. In that way there rests the responsibility toward a greater degree of leading a moral life for the individual. If not, then the resolution of good and evil, seems to rest outside the human condition. And I don't think that is true.
Also you may be closer to being an atheist than you think....For me that is not an insult, just an observation....

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#460797 Jul 10, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
And once you pay your taxes the government still holds you in jail for other sins.
That's your god's system.
If after death I begged your god for forgiveness of my sin of not believing in him, he would say ... "Sorry, but you were a Muslim and you didn't call me by my Jewish name so I am compelled to get the devil to burn you in hell. It's my law."
Silly stuff!
It is worse than silly. It is vicious, barbaric and hate filled.

This deity of theirs, if it exists, is nothing to be worshiped but spat up on.

Smithers, Canada

#460798 Jul 10, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
I see where you have been called an atheist and you raised no objection....
I am sorry I spent time and energy in a eranest effort to help a person that I thought was genuinely interested in Scripture and the message therein..
There is coming a day when Jesus will separate His sheep from the goats...the sheep will be in Heaven with Him for eternity....the goats will spend equal time with Satan...
So you are a sheep HUH??? Are you a blind one, or a sited one???

WAIT ... let me guess ... you are a sited one.

>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>

Sited

sited past participle, past tense of sit (Verb)past participle, past tense of site (Verb)

Verb

1.Adopt or be in a position in which one's weight is supported by one's buttocks rather than one's feet and one's back is upright.

Smithers, Canada

#460799 Jul 10, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
It is worse than silly. It is vicious, barbaric and hate filled.
This deity of theirs, if it exists, is nothing to be worshiped but spat up on.
I agree. I believe that such a god would not even CHOOSE to exist. It would be so vile to it's self, its own conscience would not allow it to live. I suggest it would commit suicide.

Tongue in cheek

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 7 min ROCCO 739,692
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 11 min CunningLinguist 227,642
Hot gays in Abu Dhabi (Nov '13) 11 min sameer 860
Louie Farrakahn leading millions straight to hell. 13 min andet1987 12
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 25 min ms simmer 153
How to get Free Steam games, Steam Wallet codes... (Dec '13) 29 min MightyMarf 86
Word association game (Aug '08) 31 min andet1987 53,325
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 2 hr Insults Are Easier 259,597
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 2 hr lisw 173,712

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••