Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 560,589
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story
chuck

Ashburn, VA

#460758 Jul 10, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
I am angry that our American education system is so awful it still produces mental midgets like you
BTW, I m not an atheist. In fact, I am probably a better "Christian" than most of your ilk.
Well that`s what happens to schools where God is no longer allowed in.

Do you notice most Christians schools don`t have the problems that public's schools do? Why do you think that is?
Human Being

Sunset, LA

#460759 Jul 10, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
When did god help you squeeze Protestantism into your brain Robert?
It must have been a trying time for "god."
:)
June:

Like I have said before, I am pretty slow. So I stop a lot along the way, to catch a glimpse at Beauty when and where I can.

At times the journey seems long, arduous, with perils, but really in eternity it is but a moment....
chuck

San Jose, CA

#460761 Jul 10, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm far from insecure.
I just like pointing out how stupid and ignorant you and your ilk are.
And you have such an exciting life that you actually take the time to log on to your computer...go to Topix..and tell us about it. Rotflau

Since: Nov 08

usa

#460762 Jul 10, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Like I said..you either go to Hell or rot in the ground. It's like waking up, old, alone, no one to talk to. You decide to go on a public forum to tell folks you don't believe in God.
just really nothing to look forward to....
and your here because your life is soooo full, sand have a lot to look forward to in the future.

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#460763 Jul 10, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
June, you seem to be losing it now. anyone can freely read for themselves what Jesus said ....
Yet your religion has nothing to do with Jesus. It is all about what Paul and Popes and Emperors said to believe about Jesus.

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#460764 Jul 10, 2013
What is the difference between Bible College and Clown College ?

Clown College teaches something useful.

usa

#460765 Jul 10, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Then you can continue your bible only secular humanism and political correctness teachings in your Protestant Churches, promoting abortion, gay marriage, embroyonic stem cell research, women preachers, euthenasia,homosexual ministers and God only knows "whats next" depending on which way the "liberal political wind" happens to blow........ Give it enough time and all Protestants will eventually move to the states in which the Catholic Church is the ONLY faith that is teaching the TRUTH!!!
,homosexual ministers jethro: you brining this up? unreal, after hundreds of years of child abuse you bring up homosexual ministers? at least they are having sex with consenting adults and not forcing children to do despicable things. and as far as the rest goes good for them, at least they arte interested in helping mankind rather than stifling human advancement. abortion, gay marriage, embryonic stem cell research, women preachers, euthanasia, homosexual ministers.... more power to them. live an let live.

usa

#460766 Jul 10, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
who="jethro8"we have free will? so we don't have to follow the book of rules alleged to be the words of a god on how we are suppose to live and pray to him? and nothing bad will happen to us if we do this? if we freely choose not to believe what is written? if heaven exists we will still be allowed to go there? like I posted a few minutes ago, I keep hearing from religious people say god has a plan for us, if that is true how can we have free will? if our lives are already mapped out for us by some great plan by a god?
God kindly gives you the FREE WILL to decide between HIS PLAN, and your own...
KayMarie
how can you make that decision when we have no idea what his plan is? for all I know I could be following his plan and don't realize it because I have no clue what his plan is...think about it, you could be doing the same thing an not know it.

usa

#460767 Jul 10, 2013
LTM wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =_dr68e77lYEXX
lOOK TO HIM JOHN STARNES
hi LT, how you doing? everything ok?
Clay

United States

#460768 Jul 10, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
why are the catholics on here silent when it comes to Robert .look at this post from him. where he says there may be a soul.
... And btw fraud. I will gladly testify to my pass. And I will gladly take the ridicule and spit from the likes of you in the same manner Jesus Christ took it from the Scribes and Pharisees.

My journey: 0-14 yrs raised Catholic.

14-18 - still believed in God, but loved partying more.

18-23yrs - didn't really care if there was a God. I probably was agnostic. But didn't give much thought either way. Two stints in jail, found a wife, and starting looking towards Christ.

23-25 yrs consulted with Jehovah's, Evangelicals, Lutherans, Methodist and everybody in between.

25- 28 yrs reluctantly pulled into Catholicism because you guys required way to much stupidity to accept your brand of the Bible. And as I stated earlier, I caught you guys lying about the catholic faith way too much.

28-38 yrs I've had to many encounters with Christ thru the Holy Eucharist and faith is as strong as ever.

usa

#460769 Jul 10, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
Maybe a little morphine from the god Morpheus would help Chuckie get rid of the doldrums.
:)
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >
Brewer’s Dictionary of Phrase & Fable by Ivor H. Evans … First published 1817.
Morpheus. Ovid’s name for the son of Sleep, and god of dreams; so called from Gr. Morphe, form, because he gives these airy nothings their form and fashion. Hence the name of the narcotic, morphine, or morphia.
I could use a shot, my back is hurting.
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#460770 Jul 10, 2013
John 5:39 "You search the Scriptures because you think they give you eternal life. But the Scriptures point to me!"
Human Being

Sunset, LA

#460771 Jul 10, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
WRONG!
I am mocking your religion ... not belonging to religion.
When were you a Protestant Robert???
Surely that is not a tough question to answer.
June:

Its a loaded question, because of the nature of time, and reality. History and memory tend to distort the view, making it untrue. Perhaps a better question is what part did Protestantism influence me in my beliefs, relative to now...?

Am I the sum of my past? Or more, or less?

I tend to think, I am always a Protestant, and never a Protestant.

I have difficulty in being linear in time, as I get older in this passing world, and live more in eternity.

The past keeps getting older, and I am getting newer....

usa

#460772 Jul 10, 2013
definition of Pat Robertson: positive proof religion is a man made joke.
Human Being

Sunset, LA

#460773 Jul 10, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
If someone tells you something that sounds intelligent to most people, and you want to repeat it to me...I am willing to listen...
Oxbow:

Thomas A Kempis, in the "Imitation of Christ" begs the question answered....

"Is it better to be humble before God, or learned in the Scriptures?"

Listen to his question and answer...
Clay

United States

#460774 Jul 10, 2013
OldJG wrote:
John 5:39 "You search the Scriptures because you think they give you eternal life. But the Scriptures point to me!"
Wow OldJG... Are you becoming Catholic now?

Since: Sep 09

Smithers, Canada

#460775 Jul 10, 2013
chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't care about catholic theology...I ain't catholic.
It's all the same nutshell.

Smithers, Canada

#460776 Jul 10, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
June:
Its a loaded question, because of the nature of time, and reality. History and memory tend to distort the view, making it untrue. Perhaps a better question is what part did Protestantism influence me in my beliefs, relative to now...?
Am I the sum of my past? Or more, or less?
I tend to think, I am always a Protestant, and never a Protestant.
I have difficulty in being linear in time, as I get older in this passing world, and live more in eternity.
The past keeps getting older, and I am getting newer....
UH HUH!

Smithers, Canada

#460777 Jul 10, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>I could use a shot, my back is hurting.
There's an old saying "Without the pain, there is no gain."

I suggest that whoever made that statement didn't have a clue what real pain is all about.

Smithers, Canada

#460778 Jul 10, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
Oxbow:
Thomas A Kempis, in the "Imitation of Christ" begs the question answered....
"Is it better to be humble before God, or learned in the Scriptures?"
Listen to his question and answer...
If you were humble, you would admit you don't even know if a god exists.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Moses never existed 13 min Khatru 842
Bull and Boar - an 18th century Welsh tavern. 35 min Ed Teach 100
ye olde village pub (Jun '07) 38 min Ed Teach 53,259
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 44 min onemale 778,849
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 47 min cheer the f up 119,695
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 1 hr truth 605,363
Are our soldiers traitors? 1 hr onemale 3
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr Pegasus 265,483
Gay snapchat names 1 hr boygyhoy 183
Straight guys: Would you ever have intercourse ... (Jul '12) Sat risque 137