Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 685462 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#460981 Jul 11, 2013
Three ways to belittle a god while pretending to honor the god!

# 1 ... You believe that the god gave ONLY you the truth

# 2 ... You believe that the god believes in you and will reward you for using his name to preach foolishness

# 3 ... You believe that the god loves only humans that belong to your religious sect and places no value in a hereafter on other humans or other forms of life in his creation
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#460983 Jul 11, 2013
A preacher's ex-wife who became an Atheist made a telling statement.

She said "People teach that sex is dirty and through that teaching they dirty the minds of other people to the idea that sex is dirty."

I quite agree.
Human Being

Jena, LA

#460984 Jul 11, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
I find it very difficult to believe that a child raised as a Methodist would grow up to join Catholicism ... then become an Atheist, to later join Catholicism once again.
It makes no sense whatsoever.
Usually people go back to the religions of their childhood, not back to the second religion to which they belonged.
June:

Who said I follow what people usually do?(That's a formal fallacy of appealing to probability)

Behavior can be probable, but not absolute.

Yesterday, while at the VA, while with a group of veterans, one of them unexpectedly revealed something which shocked everyone. It was quite contrary to what everyone knew of him....

This sort of event, must challenge one's own beliefs, instead of ignoring, it is better to make sense of them....
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#460985 Jul 11, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
June:
In other words, "Don't put all the blame on the devil, the fault is in ourselves."
That is YOUR "present" terminology ... not mine.

What will you be next week Robert ... a Qur'an-packing Muslim???

:)
Human Being

Jena, LA

#460986 Jul 11, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
More words from Robert F page 67
http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/T675JJ592 ...
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>
One more, and one more, and one more, etc.
How many more chances are we going give god to make things right?
Robert
June:

If one makes a god, an idol, how many chances do you give that idol to make things right?

I think it is quite a legitimate question....Some people give the idol one chance, some people give a whole life-time of chances to their idol.

It is sort of like gambling based on superstition.(Luck)

Most people defer to probability, after a certain amount of time realizing they are losing rather than winning, quit giving chances to their idols. Then become disillusioned.

In a way, if a person hasn't gone through the experience, then they cannot reject their idols, and even reject probability, luck, and superstition....

In short, become responsible, rather than taking/giving chances, is the object lesson....
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#460987 Jul 11, 2013
I suspect that sexually transmitted diseases gave theologians the fodder they NEEDED to teach that the devil was behind the PLOT.

Silly nonsense.

Non-human animals transmit sexual diseases from one to another.

Where was the devil in THAT plot?

Humans are now fully aware that promiscuity can result in disease. If they choose to take the chance, then they will either live or die from the results of the chance. There's nothing evil about it.

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#460988 Jul 11, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Tell me then, in un crass language, the acts that Old posted..
WHY IN THE WORLD DO YOU WISH TO COMPOUND THIS IGNORANCE, JUST BECAUSE YOU AND OLD JG CUSS AND CARRY ON,

doesn't mean that others will do that and that people that are christians wish to read those cuss words

Location hidden

#460989 Jul 11, 2013
Clay wrote:

<quoted text>
Did I ever mention that I thank God every day that I didn't here the gospel from you?
I also pray for any victims that learn Christianity from you and your buddy Preston.

ME$: I am not his buddy nor old jg's buddy.

I abhor everything that they stand for and they know it ,

AND NOT ONLY DO THEY KNOW IT, BUT SO DO YOU.

BUT THE FACT THAT YOU ARE A LIAR, YOU WOULDNT ADMIT IT.
Human Being

Jena, LA

#460990 Jul 11, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
You took the easy route and became slovenly lazy in the idea that a Jew would do your work for you and waltz you off to bliss in an afterlife.
Pathetic creature!
June:

Re-evaluating oneself is not being lazy.

Taking inventory. Looking for patterns. Improving, simplifying, getting rid of excess.... Its a lot more work one is called to do when called to repent, and accept Jesus. It takes a lifetime of work, and the reward is better than gold.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#460991 Jul 11, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
June:
Who said I follow what people usually do
I did!

The only reason you are in Catholicism is because it promises you the best of everything in a hereafter. And you fully comprehend that that same religion promises hell for others. You seem to adore that teaching and the onus is on you. The belief is horrible and yet ... THERE you stay.

As you once recognized the fallacy of such teaching you know better ... yet you choose not to do better.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#460992 Jul 11, 2013
Even the new pope comprehends there is something wrong with the old Catholic teaching ... but his pay-off is a high position in the church. He's dedicated his life to the lies and now he is proud of his position.

When they open their bibles and their mouths to in turn preach ... beware of the lies that spill helter-skelter to pollute the gullible psyches of the followers.

Or as Robert F used to post when he was an Atheist ... "Hocus-Pocus."
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#460993 Jul 11, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
Your "re-evaluation" of your self is that you deserve heaven and others deserve hell.

It almost brings tears to my eyes ... it's so very "touching!" Sarcasm intended.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#460994 Jul 11, 2013
The more I study the ones indebted to religion, the more I understand why I left religion.

The only thing I don't understand is why it took me so many years to comprehend the harm I committed on my self by allowing theologians to infiltrate and confuse my thought-processes with lies.

When I was in my seventies, I kicked them all to the curb, and now try to simply live each day to the fullest believing I am whole and worthy of my own investment to me ... no religion allowed.

If I can't be a decent citizen without religion ... the onus is "completely" on me.

“What are you looking at?”

Albuquerque, NM

#460995 Jul 11, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Where in the bible does its say that ALL TRUTH can be measured ONLY by what the bible says!!! You have "made this up" just like you do in the majority of the distorted comments that you make, Confrinting!!
Then why don't you believe in all of what Jesus taught - that which is not within the Bible?

You are such a hypocrite.

Albuquerque, NM

#460996 Jul 11, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
June:
Taking inventory. Looking for patterns. Improving, simplifying, getting rid of excess.... Its a lot more work one is called to do when called to repent, and accept Jesus. It takes a lifetime of work, and the reward is better than gold.
Self.

Do you believe in all of what Jesus taught?
http://www.gnosis.org/naghamm/nhlalpha.html

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#460997 Jul 11, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>WHY IN THE WORLD DO YOU WISH TO COMPOUND THIS IGNORANCE, JUST BECAUSE YOU AND OLD JG CUSS AND CARRY ON,
doesn't mean that others will do that and that people that are christians wish to read those cuss words
ignorance: The condition of being uneducated, unaware, or uninformed.

I firmly believe, from the many posts Old has on this forum, that you are grossly in error..He is not uneducated...unaware, nor uniformed..nor has he presented any info that reflects same...

Albuquerque, NM

#460998 Jul 11, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
The more I study the ones indebted to religion, the more I understand why I left religion.
The only thing I don't understand is why it took me so many years to comprehend the harm I committed on my self by allowing theologians to infiltrate and confuse my thought-processes with lies.
When I was in my seventies, I kicked them all to the curb, and now try to simply live each day to the fullest believing I am whole and worthy of my own investment to me ... no religion allowed.
If I can't be a decent citizen without religion ... the onus is "completely" on me.
Self.

You'll promote it, but in the same breath, you will refuse to acknowledge it.

Why?

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#460999 Jul 11, 2013
Truthsayer777 wrote:
<quoted text>You are telling my story. Good stuff!
www.scribd.com/doc/149235714 ...
yes - same to you! thank you bro, keep the faith!
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#461000 Jul 11, 2013
When I was under the spell of religion I used to wonder why a god did this or thought that or why a god didn't do something about the horrible suffering of all forms of life.

Now I don't ask those questions, as I fully understand that the only responses I will receive from humans caught in the webs of lies of religion, are ludicrous.

No responses are better than gibberish from humans that pretend to answer questions that are beyond human intellects TO answer.

If a creator exists, there would be no way it could ever make amends for being the cause of such suffering of all forms of life.

And if it's offended by my insolent statement, I will ask it again to strike me dead this moment to prove it's existence to those still in religion who insist on worshipping this horrible supposed master-mind of suffering.

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#461001 Jul 11, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Self.
You'll promote it, but in the same breath, you will refuse to acknowledge it.
Why?
LOL! instead of saying "Self" in your context, you might as well transpose it to "satanism" cuz you're really promoting the same idea. new age is sssooo unabashedly blasphemous that it'd be hilarious if it weren't so damn evil:)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 16 min Alt right lies ne... 24,639
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr Aerobatty 985,584
News Gov. Abbott suggests 'bathroom bill' is likely ... 3 hr e williams 3
Sarah George 5 hr Rememberboys 1
News GOP not interested in health care for us 5 hr discocrisco 1
OVERWHELMED...by God's blessings 7 hr Doctor REALITY 12
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 7 hr Jake999 619,749
David Duke: "We're going to take our country ba... 7 hr Doctor REALITY 32
More from around the web