Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.
Comments
444,361 - 444,380 of 533,252 Comments Last updated 15 min ago

Since: Sep 09

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 10, 2013

Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Why can't you comprehend others will go to Hell?
Because I don't believe you are fit for any heaven ... even if it existed.

:)

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 10, 2013

Those preachers caught my father in their web of lies by promising him he would "attain."

He gave them money, and in return they gave him a line of B.S.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>

Brewers Dictionary of Phrase and Fable.

Vere adeptus (Lat. one who has truly attained). A title assumed by one admitted to the fraternity of the ROSICRUCIANS.

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 10, 2013

AMORC (also known as ‘The Rosicrucian Order’.)

The soul and personality of the person move onto the cosmic plane at death, and when the time is right, the personality begins another incarnation; never regressing to animals and only occasionally changing sex.

http://www.ccgm.org.au/index.php ...
Clay

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 10, 2013

Judged:

Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
After this comment from you: "5 yr old Clark Kent met his step parents on the road after they struck him with the car and he lifted their it up in the air".
How do folks take you seriously?? What a sharp intellect you have Clay...wow...amazing.
I'm just bringing to light, the enormous ignorance one has to have, in order to be a 'Bible only' evangelical born again.
I put 'Bible only' in quotation, because you guys aren't really Bible only anyway. You're 'whatever I interpret from the Bible' only.
Catholics stick to what the first Christians were taught by the Apostles- Thanks be to God!
Chuck

Dublin, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 10, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Because I don't believe you are fit for any heaven ... even if it existed.
:)
You don't get it Grams. I'm NOT fit for Heaven. I deserve to go to Hell but because of the sacrifice of Christ I can go to Heaven. You can too but you reject it. You reject it, you go to Hell. Easy enough huh.

*When you put your head on your pillow at night, just think...you could be wrong. You are rolling the dice with your soul for eternity.

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 10, 2013

Preachers of religion teach almost anything that imagination allows.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>

But does the plant have a spirit, that when the plant dies, it would reincarnate as another plant?

As we said, every living object upon earth has a spirit. Does it reincarnate into another plant? It returns to earth in the same form and yes, we would say there is a spiritualness about that plant, that when it does reincarnate, it brings with it knowledge of its past lives.

http://www.afterlife101.com/Chapter5.html#_To...
Yesus Beranak Hahaha

Indramayu, Indonesia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 10, 2013

FEK JEEZ

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 10, 2013

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
I put 'Bible only' in quotation, because you guys aren't really Bible only anyway. You're 'whatever I interpret from the Bible' only.
All preachers interpret words to mimic their own reflections.

What fun would a bible be if people had to conform their beliefs to words rather than the other way around?
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>>

The Use and Misuse of Language … edited by S. I. Hayakawa.

General semanticists know it is hard to make the average person realize that he brings meaning to the word, that the word does not contain any meaning.

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 10, 2013

Judged:

Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't get it Grams. I'm NOT fit for Heaven.
I suggest you end the paragraphs THERE.

Just because you demand that a Jew is lusting to save your Christian butt doesn't mean that silly belief is based on truth.
Clay

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 10, 2013

Judged:

atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>LOOK STUPID.
GOD IS A SPIRIT, HE HAD NO DNA, WHICH IS WHAT I HAVE BEEN TELLING YOU IDIOTS ALL ALONG.
if mary was sinless, why then was she baptized in the Holy Ghost along with many, many others?lol
why did mary go to the temple and offer up a sin sacrifice if she was sinless.
Was Jesus Christ 'God made manifest in the flesh'?
Tell me, oh brilliant prophet, what is human flesh made up of? DNA

You're saying God had no DNA, even though He is the inventor of DNA? Even though Christ - who is God- had flesh?
God IS DNA. He is everything it takes to create life.

You don't have a clue what you're talking about and you're starting to look even more stupid. I'm amazed at the great lengths you radical fanaticals go to, in order to trash the Blessed Mother of Jesus Christ (God).
Chuck

Dublin, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 10, 2013

Judged:

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm just bringing to light, the enormous ignorance one has to have, in order to be a 'Bible only' evangelical born again.
Catholics stick to what the first Christians were taught by the Apostles- Thanks be to God!
2 Peter 1:19 And so we have the prophetic word confirmed, which you do well to heed as a light that shines in a dark place, until the day dawns and the morning star rises in your hearts

**Ignorance Clay? You're saying to Peter, no there is something else out that for me that is better than God's Word. A LIGHT THAT SHINES IN A DARK PLACE.
Human Being

Welsh, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 10, 2013

atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>that is what happens when ignorance comes into play in the form of Philisophy.
first, last and foremost.
the Bible says that the [Will} of God is to believe on Him who was sent. lifes struggles doesnt enter into our believing that God sent Him. so if the struggle(I guess like you do)doesn't produce any fruit, God isn't to Blame.
Of course, Jesse and his son David would bear the same DNA, that is common sense, however with a man child, he receives sightly less from the father than he receives from the female. in fertilization, one cell is prodiced which has both partners in each of its pairs, one from the mother and one from the father. however since God has no chromosomes, he does not contribute the same amount of nucleic DNA.
the bottom line is this, to think or try to prove that Jesus has the exact same DNA as David is ludicrous to say the least, it therefore is impossible because the Y chromosome is missing. no doubt if we had a sample of His Blood and hers we could make a match linking him to her, but to link him with God the father is impossible sin e there is only the mitochonria from her and not God.lol
Preston:

Although we have an adversarial relationship, that doesn't mean I neither accept or reject what you write. I merely weigh it, in this case, in the light of Isaiah 11:1....

In this case, your justification is short. I am not saying Jesus is a clone of David. Rather that Jesus is part of the same root and stem. Therefore Jesus is a man(traceable back to Adam, in which we all share our humanity) because he is born of woman. He was not grafted on, nor is he a clone of Jesse, David, Adam, or Mary.

I honestly think that you have blended your thinking on this, and it is probable due our being grafted onto the vine, the Gentile onto being a True Jew, that you believe Jesus was grafted into Mary. You are relying on your reasoning of biological matters to override your faith, to justify your beliefs.

This of course does not mean that you are not saved by grace through faith. Be at ease, I do not cast doubt on that. But here is my point, we all believe a little bit differently, because of our own personal experiences. In doing so, we are all heretical, and do not have a "perfect" belief. It is more like an approximation.

Therefore we should not put faith in our beliefs, but rather put faith(and our lack of faith, and approximate belief) in Jesus. In this way we surrender ourselves to God, and His Grace through Jesus Christ. This becomes a transformed, and transforming faith by the Power of God, which is both imputed and infused by God.

Remember, abide in me, and I will abide in you. We are invited to become one with God.

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 10, 2013

You can bet that the giggling dalai lama doesn't believe that on the sliding scale of reincarnation HE is an "untouchable."

Preachers always take the biggest piece of the pie in the sky for their selves.

Religion is based on selfishness.

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 10, 2013

Judged:

June VanDerMark wrote:
So now this begs the question, who will be going to hell?
Religion gets sillier all the time.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >
Heaven for atheists? Pope sparks debate
“I gather from this statement that his view of the world's religious and philosophical diversity is expanding,” Speckhardt said.“While humanists have been saying for years that one can be good without a god, hearing this from the leader of the Catholic Church is quite heartening."
http://religion.blogs.cnn.com/2013/05/23/heav...
"...one can be good without a god..."

one could possibly be a good human to other humans without God, but what good could they possibly be to their Creator when they neglect and disrespect Him???

"and it repented God that He made man upon the earth" - God, prior to flooding all humanity accept for one family who didn't forget about their Creator

"as it was in the days of Noah, so shall it be in the end" Jesus

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 10, 2013

Judged:

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
YOU DON'T HAVE THE SLIGHTEST IDEA OF WHAT THE APOSTLES TAUGHT..

THE BIBLE RECORDS THE TRUTH..AND TRUTH CAN BE MEASURED BY IT.

THE BIBLE SAYS...

Your religion is based upon folklore that has been edited changed, deleted from and laced with idolatry and lies.....passed down from one generation to the other....

Hearsay Like a game of gossip..

If what you teach were truth it would be consistent with what Jesus taught ...AND IT IS NOT.

2Co 10:12 For we dare not make ourselves of the number, or compare ourselves with some that commend themselves: but they measuring themselves by themselves, and comparing themselves among themselves, are not wise.

THE BIBLE SAYS...

2Co 6:14 Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers:

for what fellowship hath righteousness

with unrighteousness? and

what communion hath light with darkness?

2Co 6:15 And what concord hath Christ with Belial? or

what part hath he that believeth with an infidel?

2Co 6:16 And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols?

for ye are the temple of the living God;

as God hath said,

I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people.

2Co 6:17 Wherefore come out from among them, and

be ye separate, saith the Lord, and

touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you,

2Co 6:18 And will be a Father unto you, and

ye shall be my sons and daughters, saith the Lord Almighty.
Chuck

Dublin, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 10, 2013

Judged:

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I suggest you end the paragraphs THERE.
Just because you demand that a Jew is lusting to save your Christian butt doesn't mean that silly belief is based on truth.
Keep rolling those dice Grams. Just think, you may be right and then again you may be wrong. Good luck

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 10, 2013

Christian myths are just some among many myths.

Theologians in all religions were myth-makers who wanted the meanings of the words to be understood as they understood them.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>

Unlike many other faiths, the Jains do not believe in a creator God or in spiritual beings such as angels, but do focus on the concept of reincarnation through which the soul evolves in life cycles until it reaches enlightenment when the soul is called jina (victorious).

- See more at: http://www.reviewofreligions.org/2312/in-brie...
Human Being

Welsh, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 10, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe everyone should make suffering a prime issue within the theologies of religion. If they did there would BE no religion, because everybody would say that only an inept creator would create such a mess and want to take credit FOR the mess.
If you were a creator would you be pleased with people worshipping you and thanking you on a daily basis for allowing little babies to suffer???
You have to be sick to believe such nonsense.
June:

Blaming God for our mistakes.(Sounds like an excuse going back to "the devil made me do it".)

You are trying to make man perfect, and God making the mistakes.
(Just isn't going to happen.)smiles

Give God just a little credit sometimes. He knows what He is doing.

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 10, 2013

Judged:

June VanDerMark wrote:
Years ago if one of the followers contradicted a pope, that unfortunate one would find his self burning at a stake or thrown into a dungeon.
as if it ain't crazy enough that people would willingly submit to roman tyranny and paganism now that they don't have to, but what's crazier still is that people don't worship in Spirit and Truth when we have legal freedoms to do so!

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 10, 2013

Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Keep rolling those dice Grams. Just think, you may be right and then again you may be wrong. Good luck
How can I be right when I admit that I don't know the future?

You are the one that brags about being right, as though your religion is the be-all and end-all for all humanity ... which is very selfish on your part.

You believe you own truth, but so do all others in religion, or they wouldn't BE in religion.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

493 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 7 min AussieBobby 256,833
Of course Obama is sending illegal aliens here. 7 min ___Jenny___ 20
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 8 min Hidingfromyou 721,875
Wake up, Black America!! (Sep '13) 13 min The Awakener 1,576
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 23 min Aura Mytha 224,510
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 25 min Aura Mytha 599,104
AMERICANS Wishes They Had Elected Mitt Romney 29 min Doctor REALITY 4
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 34 min Krackerjacks 115,455
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 5 hr SimmerExtreme 85