Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Comments (Page 22,218)

Showing posts 444,341 - 444,360 of529,741
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Sep 09

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 10, 2013

confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
If you don't want to believe that Jesus is the -->incarnate <---Son of God God in the flesh ...that is your problem.
Your problem is, you are certain a god called on you to preach nonsense about a character named Jesus ... who was simply one among many savior gods created in the minds of men.

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 10, 2013

Religion teaches that we fell short of a god's perfection, so we must learn how to be good.

How silly is THAT???

If the god existed "he" would be the one who fell short of the mark of perfection. If that were not so, we would not BE suffering and all other forms of life would also not be suffering. The power would have been in his total control.

If he exists he failed his mission.

Religion is bunk!

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 10, 2013

Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
confronting:
You are putting RC Catholics into being ONLY "of the world" here. And then being of the world, they follow the ways of the world.(In part this can be true, but not entirely true.)
Do take into consideration that I disagree with my local priest on certain issues. In doing so, that does not mean that I disagree with the whole RCC, even though he represents the whole of the RCC.
Liken it to, if you believe in the U.S., but don't agree with its leaders, then that does not mean you are unpatriotic, rather it suggests the opposite, that you are patriotic, and willing to take a stand.

~~~

You wrote

"if you believe in the U.S., but don't agree with its leaders, then that does not mean you are unpatriotic, rather it suggests the opposite, that you are patriotic, and willing to take a stand."

There is a vast difference....

agreeing with antichrist teaching puts your soul at risk...

THE BIBLE SAYS...

2Co 6:14 Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers:

for what fellowship hath righteousness

with unrighteousness? and

what communion hath light with darkness?

2Co 6:15 And what concord hath Christ with Belial? or

what part hath he that believeth with an infidel?

2Co 6:16 And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols?

for ye are the temple of the living God;

as God hath said,

I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people.

2Co 6:17 Wherefore come out from among them, and

be ye separate, saith the Lord, and

touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you,

2Co 6:18 And will be a Father unto you, and

ye shall be my sons and daughters, saith the Lord Almighty.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 10, 2013

Judged:

jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>It's true I hear it all the time, don't worry god has a plan for everyone, I guess his plan for me is to die an agonizing death by way of cancer and keep me so deep in debt I can't afford to go out into the world and enjoy it, there is no better place than the new England states to travel around and marvel at the 150+ yr. old homes and farms that are all over each state, the fall colors will take your breathe away their so brilliant in color, my favorite season here, where the glorious colors only mother nature can create are gathered in the north east, if you have never seen them here you haven't seen what beauty nature can truly do.
e...you just made me homesick! My sister was just here in pa.visiting and I haven't seen her in 15 years....You are so correct about the beauty of Ma. in the fall. It is so breath taking!!!! The smell of the leaves in the air!My heart has always been in Ma. even tho I left it when I was 18.

“Greatest Love”

Since: Aug 08

For His Creation

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 10, 2013

<quoted text>
If you don't want to believe that Jesus is the -->incarnate <---Son of God God in the flesh ...that is your problem.
Incarnate defined.
INC`ARNATE, v.t.[L. incarno; in and caro, flesh.]
To clothe with flesh; to embody in flesh.
INC`ARNATE, a. Invested with flesh; embodied in flesh; a the incarnate Son of God.
Jesus is God invested, embodied in flesh...
I believe in...
- A most wise and sufficient means of salvation by the satisfactory and meritorious death and obedience of the incarnate Son of God, Jesus Christ.
Amen

Fully God Fully human

Only by being a sinless human coukd He be a sacrifice for humans.

Only by being GOD..divine ..could He be perfect

Whole thing makes,perfect sense to.me..

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 10, 2013

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 10, 2013

Homosexuals were put to death by wretched people of religion who cared more for preaching words from a bible than they cared about other humans.

And notice that the origin of those words came from the Hebrews and later USED as weapons by Christians.

What a shame!

>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >

The Bay Colony, in making sodomy a capital crime, did not follow the English statute but instead adopted the language of Leviticus 20: 13.
Section 8 of the 1641 laws was thus a word-for-word translation of a Hebrew law more than 2,000 years old: "If any man lyeth with mankinde as he lyeth with a woman, both of them have committed
abhomination, they both shall surely be put to death" (Whitmore, 1890, p. 55). Astonishingly, this phraseology was to remain on the books of at least one American state-Connecticut-until some 46
years after the Declaration of Independence.

http://digitalcommons.unl.edu/cgi/viewcontent ...

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 10, 2013

RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Amen
Fully God Fully human
That's because you also believe you are a preacher called upon by a god.

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 10, 2013

<quoted text>
~~~
THE BIBLE SAYS...
Whatever YOU want it to say preacher-man!

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 10, 2013

RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Amen
Fully God Fully human
which is why I put forth the suggestion that no egg from mary was used in his early development. for her egg to have been used this would make Jesus half man and half God. just doesn't equate.

this isn't the least difficult to understand, if a person wishes to comprehend. however if a person chooses to walk in darkness, that is ok with me.
Chuck

Dublin, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 10, 2013

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Preston says, "who are you to question God and his method to bring the savior into this world"?
Does anybody really take you serious anymore? You're the one questioning the method. You're the one saying Mary never was His biological Mother. You concocted this idea that I never heard before. And it sounds like most of your protestant team hasn't either.
After this comment from you: "5 yr old Clark Kent met his step parents on the road after they struck him with the car and he lifted their it up in the air".

How do folks take you seriously?? What a sharp intellect you have Clay...wow...amazing.

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 10, 2013

Have you ever heard a preacher say that he/she will be the one going to hell???

NO ... you haven't, and you won't ... because preachers believe they are holy favorites of gods.

They feign humility while displaying complete arrogance.

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 10, 2013

atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>
however if a person chooses to walk in darkness, that is ok with me.
Are you walking in the light ... preacher of ONLY the truth???

:)

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 10, 2013

From the book "The Comfortable Pew," by Pierre Burton comes the following....... Published in 1965.

Regular contact with the various Christian denominations bred in me a feeling of dismay. Apart from everything else, I was to discover first hand how hopelessly fragmented the Christian Church appeared to be. The message that was delivered from one pulpit was at odds with the message delivered from another: yet in each instance I was given to understand that this was the only true message--others were false. By this time I was seriously examining the possibility that all were false, for I had rarely seen such a display of mass arrogance on the part of men who proclaimed, always in general terms, their own humility. When I was promoted from church editor, I ceased all church attendance. I had had enough."

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 10, 2013

Preachers did more to turn me against religion than they did to draw me toward it.

As a child I never could understand how some people believed they would go to heaven and others would go to hell ... and I still can't comprehend that humans with a brain could believe such nonsense.
Human Being

Welsh, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 10, 2013

New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
Hi everyone - back from a well deserving vacation.
Now be honest - who missed me?
:o)
New Age Spiritual Leader:

Welcome back!

I missed you. And I know June did too. She started to make statements like you....(No religion necessary. Be honest with yourself....)smiles.

I mentioned it to her yesterday, or the day before....

Nice to "see" you.

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 10, 2013

As much as I respected my father, I've come to totally disrespect the religion to which he belonged.

Reincarnation was his belief, and he was taught that dogma by members of the Rosicrucian Order.

They baffled him with the idea that they were/are the "knowing ones" who have graduated through study to have unraveled mysteries that other supposedly "unenlightened" members of society are not privy to.

What a lot of slop they put into the mind of my father, who was eager to learn "truth."

I suggest you don't trust those who preach, as my guess is they are not full of "knowledge" so much as they are full of arrogance.
Chuck

Dublin, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 10, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
Preachers did more to turn me against religion than they did to draw me toward it.
As a child I never could understand how some people believed they would go to heaven and others would go to hell ... and I still can't comprehend that humans with a brain could believe such nonsense.
Boy you were lost growing up huh Grams. It's the Holy Spirit's job to draw you...you rejected.

Why can't you comprehend others will go to Hell? They are just like you. You had an opportunity to be a child of God and you rejected it. Not that tough to comprehend if you use that brain. Of course at your age, it's probably not as good as it use to be.

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 10, 2013

Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
New Age Spiritual Leader:
Welcome back!
I missed you. And I know June did too. She started to make statements like you....(No religion necessary. Be honest with yourself....)smiles.
I mentioned it to her yesterday, or the day before....
Nice to "see" you.
By the way, when did you become a Protestant. Was that before or after your Catholicism and Atheism "retreats?"
Dust Storm

Pipestone, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 10, 2013

Judged:

RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
And despite all the cruel efforts in Spain..England and with authority by Rome.
I have a bible today..So did the English settlers
And in the passages I personally compared a few years ago...
They are the same as the CATHOLIC bibles
Minus,the APOCRYPHAL books.
Which imo
ARE NOT NECESSARY to SALVATION.
THE book of John alone if that is all people had could lead a, soul to the Lord..
GOD allowed for both the Reformation and printing bibles in our tongues
It's all been a GOD thing
I see as per usual you missed the point entirely. The Jews did not allow just anyone to translate copies. Perhaps you should be using a Jehovah Witness bible or the book of Moorman since God allowed it. The original translation of the KJV had over 2000 errors as attested to by Protestant scholars and has a preface which admits that it guessed on certain interpretations. Further it had the missing books. ALL sciprture is profitable except when it refutes your doctrine then you can throw it out as some Protestants today are rejecting Paul.

The point being made was that Protestants did ban certain translation. The church did not ban bibles from the laity ever. That is a lie. Bibles before the printing were extremely heavy, required the use of alot of animal and by todays standard would be about $15,000 to produce and no they didnt print them in a day it took years just as the Jewish scribes dotted every I anc crossed the T. The quotes used are taken out of context and some of them never happened. So you chose to disregard the false witness and post this. The Church did not ban the bible in other tongues. Its a lie and you are contributor to a lie. Most of the people could not read. Today there are many who cannot read. The word is preached by hearing. Jesus did not give them a KJV and say pass these out and whatever people think is good and feel free to translate whatever manner you wish. So there are no false teachers in your world, there is only your personal truth that you decide on your own terms.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 444,341 - 444,360 of529,741
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

433 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 4 min Hidingfromyou 93,153
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 4 min Mandela 114,555
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 6 min Hidingfromyou 716,056
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 7 min WasteWater 3,865
Do you think older men like to be with teen girls? (Sep '09) 16 min Yuuup 244
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 17 min WasteWater 255,607
Being Gay is not wrong! (Mar '07) 21 min andet1987 150
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 2 hr The Awakener 171,399
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 5 hr Shut-Up 60