Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 678601 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Sep 09

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#460786 Jul 10, 2013
Sherlayne wrote:
If there really is any such thing as "one, true religion", does that mean all those who don't belong to it are going to hell?
NO. If you are a modern Pagan, the goddess loves everybody.

It's a matter of belonging to the right religion that gets you where you want to go.

:)

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#460787 Jul 10, 2013
Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
I see as per usual you missed the point entirely. The Jews did not allow just anyone to translate copies. Perhaps you should be using a Jehovah Witness bible or the book of Moorman since God allowed it. The original translation of the KJV had over 2000 errors as attested to by Protestant scholars and has a preface which admits that it guessed on certain interpretations. Further it had the missing books. ALL sciprture is profitable except when it refutes your doctrine then you can throw it out as some Protestants today are rejecting Paul.
The point being made was that Protestants did ban certain translation. The church did not ban bibles from the laity ever. That is a lie. Bibles before the printing were extremely heavy, required the use of alot of animal and by todays standard would be about $15,000 to produce and no they didnt print them in a day it took years just as the Jewish scribes dotted every I anc crossed the T. The quotes used are taken out of context and some of them never happened. So you chose to disregard the false witness and post this. The Church did not ban the bible in other tongues. Its a lie and you are contributor to a lie. Most of the people could not read. Today there are many who cannot read. The word is preached by hearing. Jesus did not give them a KJV and say pass these out and whatever people think is good and feel free to translate whatever manner you wish. So there are no false teachers in your world, there is only your personal truth that you decide on your own terms.
And my point was my bible and yours say the same thing ..minus the apocryphal books .
The CC kept the Mass,and TH e it books in Latin..

Thank God for the printing press..

But people and books were,destroyed for having bibles in the middle ages...your church wanted priests to dispense knowledge .

And while the gospels ..the rest are in the mass ..in decades past..

Catholics. Studied catechism

You all have bible study now..

I was there Catholic Church and school

Baltimore Catechism .much teaching. But no bibles

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#460788 Jul 10, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>and this god went way out of his way to start world war 2 so my German mother could meet my Iowa farm boy father.
Wasn't that nice of god to arrange that war so your mom and dad could bring you into the world to suffer???

And if you grow old, your suffering ain't done yet ... I can verify for that fact.

But according to those who love "god," we were all bad sinners and that is why we have to suffer.

Silly dogmas.

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#460789 Jul 10, 2013
chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope..Christians don't believe we are better than everyone else .
The god that you stole from the Jews must believe you are better, or he wouldn't hesitate to ask the devil to fry your souls in hell for eternity along with all the other human refuse.

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#460790 Jul 10, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
I am angry that our American education system is so awful it still produces mental midgets like you
BTW, I m not an atheist. In fact, I am probably a better "Christian" than most of your ilk.
OH OH! Another religious war in the making.

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#460791 Jul 10, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>there is no difference between being an atheist and Catholicism.
they neither worship the Living God.
Golly Gee ... you wouldn't happen to be a Protestant ... would you???

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#460792 Jul 10, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
Oxbow:
Thomas A Kempis, in the "Imitation of Christ" begs the question answered....
"Is it better to be humble before God, or learned in the Scriptures?"
Listen to his question and answer...
I see where you have been called an atheist and you raised no objection....

I am sorry I spent time and energy in a eranest effort to help a person that I thought was genuinely interested in Scripture and the message therein..

There is coming a day when Jesus will separate His sheep from the goats...the sheep will be in Heaven with Him for eternity....the goats will spend equal time with Satan...

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#460793 Jul 10, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>come on, Robert. deal with those posts that you made never thinking that they would be revealed..
HOW CAN YOU TALK ABOUT JESUS WHEN YOU DONT EVEN BELEIVE IN A god?
Robert F is now god's poet. It's close to being a prophet, but being a poet for a god makes it easier to feign humility.

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#460794 Jul 10, 2013
chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
The government says pay your taxes or go to jail. If you don't pay your taxes and you go to jail who`s fault is it..government?
Still the ignorance Grams..keep posting I love reading them.
And once you pay your taxes the government still holds you in jail for other sins.

That's your god's system.

If after death I begged your god for forgiveness of my sin of not believing in him, he would say ... "Sorry, but you were a Muslim and you didn't call me by my Jewish name so I am compelled to get the devil to burn you in hell. It's my law."

Silly stuff!

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#460795 Jul 10, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>how does an atheist like you know very much about Biology. and if it was blown up, who did it? certainly not a fake like you.lol
I love it that June has blown your cover.
why is reggie silent, is it because you stand against Christians just as she does?
It's much easier for Robert to fall asleep in his poetry than to ask questions of his new-found old Catholic dogmas.

When he questioned the Catholic and Protestant dogmas, he found them sadly lacking, but then he yawned and went back to sleep.

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#460796 Jul 10, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
why are the catholics on here silent when it comes to Robert .look at this post from him. where he says there may be a soul.
BUT NOT NECESSARILY A god.
Robert F
Since: Dec 06
Location hidden
Reply »
|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2009
June VanDerMark wrote:
You see Robert, a short while back, I also believed that there was a God of love that permeated all of creation. Now, I don't place such a title as "love" in connection with the word god. The word "god" now irritates me. And I guess that is for the simple reason, that if this god exists, he/she/it has done a hell of a poor job of taking care of not only the human animal, but all of the other animals that do not (in my opinion) deserve to suffer.
If I was all powerful, and of a humane nature, I would never have allowed suffering to exist in the first place.
Something is very wrong with the whole picture that has been painted by theologians and preachers of so-called truth.
Many people would call me an Atheist, but as of yet, that is not true. I believe there is something that carries on beyond death, but even within my belief, I can't explain if, and where it ends. But I believe that it is invisible to our currant state of being.
I am not at all afraid that I will ultimately become an Atheist, because I don't relate to the idea that belief in a deity is necessary, much less commanded through fear. I reckon we have brains to use in the search for what is our inherent right, and that IS ... comfort in our own beliefs TO search, to question, and to never falter through fear WHILE we search.
If this so-called god is a vengeful maniac, then "he" is not ever, under any circumstances worth my investment of trust.
And if "he" is all divine love, then he has to be in a zombie-like state of inaction, or "he" would do something to change the never-ending suffering ... so "he" is, at any rate, in my opinion, USELESS.
Maybe there never was a god. Maybe we are on our own to rise to a higher state of functioning by caring for each other just as we are. Maybe we are to learn that we are just lowly animals, and not so high and mighty after all.
I never did figure I was better than any of the other animals, so these thoughts are not new to me.
I would appreciate other people's beliefs on this issue..........
lol....USELESS. What a word to use in the case of a man-made god....I like it....
I hate to disagree with you, so I won't. I am in near perfect agreement with you except that I don't equate an "eternal soul" with there necessarily being a god. In that way there rests the responsibility toward a greater degree of leading a moral life for the individual. If not, then the resolution of good and evil, seems to rest outside the human condition. And I don't think that is true.
Also you may be closer to being an atheist than you think....For me that is not an insult, just an observation....
You forgot to note that the following words were Robert's words ... not mine.

lol....USELESS. What a word to use in the case of a man-made god....I like it....
I hate to disagree with you, so I won't. I am in near perfect agreement with you except that I don't equate an "eternal soul" with there necessarily being a god. In that way there rests the responsibility toward a greater degree of leading a moral life for the individual. If not, then the resolution of good and evil, seems to rest outside the human condition. And I don't think that is true.
Also you may be closer to being an atheist than you think....For me that is not an insult, just an observation....

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#460797 Jul 10, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
And once you pay your taxes the government still holds you in jail for other sins.
That's your god's system.
If after death I begged your god for forgiveness of my sin of not believing in him, he would say ... "Sorry, but you were a Muslim and you didn't call me by my Jewish name so I am compelled to get the devil to burn you in hell. It's my law."
Silly stuff!
It is worse than silly. It is vicious, barbaric and hate filled.

This deity of theirs, if it exists, is nothing to be worshiped but spat up on.

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#460798 Jul 10, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
I see where you have been called an atheist and you raised no objection....
I am sorry I spent time and energy in a eranest effort to help a person that I thought was genuinely interested in Scripture and the message therein..
There is coming a day when Jesus will separate His sheep from the goats...the sheep will be in Heaven with Him for eternity....the goats will spend equal time with Satan...
So you are a sheep HUH??? Are you a blind one, or a sited one???

WAIT ... let me guess ... you are a sited one.

>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>

Sited

sited past participle, past tense of sit (Verb)past participle, past tense of site (Verb)

Verb

1.Adopt or be in a position in which one's weight is supported by one's buttocks rather than one's feet and one's back is upright.

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#460799 Jul 10, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
It is worse than silly. It is vicious, barbaric and hate filled.
This deity of theirs, if it exists, is nothing to be worshiped but spat up on.
I agree. I believe that such a god would not even CHOOSE to exist. It would be so vile to it's self, its own conscience would not allow it to live. I suggest it would commit suicide.

Tongue in cheek
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#460800 Jul 10, 2013
OldJG wrote:
John 5:39 "You search the Scriptures because you think they give you eternal life. But the Scriptures point to me!"
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow OldJG... Are you becoming Catholic now?
If I ever get the itch to be a mass murderer or sodomize little boys I will become Roman Catholic.

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#460801 Jul 10, 2013
The more you begin to investigate, what we think we understand, where we came from, what we think we're doing, the more you begin to see we've been lied to.

We've been lied to by every institution. What makes you think for one minute that the religious institution is the only one that has never been touched? The religious institutions of this world are at the bottom of the dirt. The religious institutions in this world are put there by the same people who gave you your government, your corrupt education, who set up your international banking cartels. Because our masters don't give a damn about you or your family. All they care about is what they have always cared about and that's controlling the whole damn world. We have been misled away from the true and divine presence in the universe that men have called 'God'. I don't know what God is but I know what he isn't. And unless and until you are prepared to look at the whole truth wherever it may go, whoever it may lead to, if you want to look the other way, or if you want to play favorites then somewhere along the line you're gonna find out you're messing with the divine justice. The more you educate yourself, the more you understand where things come from - the more obvious things become and you begin to see lies everywhere. You have to know the truth and seek the truth and the truth will set you free.

…'cause I gotta tell you the truth folks, I gotta tell you the truth. When it come to bullshit, big-time-major-league bullshit, you have to stand in awe of the all time champion of false promises and exaggerated claims - religion.

Think about it! Religion has actually convinced people that there's an invisible man, living in the sky who watches everything you do, every minute of every day.

And the invisible man has a special list of ten things he does not want you to do. And if you do any of these ten things, he has a special place full of fire and smoke and burning and torture and anguish where he will send you to live and suffer and burn and choke and scream and cry forever and ever till the end of time. But he loves you! He loves you. He loves you and he needs money. He always needs money! He's all powerful, all perfect, all knowing and all wise. Somehow - just can't handle money! Religion takes in billions of dollars, they pay no taxes, and they always need a little more. Now, you talk about a good bullshit story! Holy shit!

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#460802 Jul 10, 2013
This is the Sun. As far back as 10.000 BC history is abundant with carvings and writings reflecting people's respect and adoration for this object. And it is simple to understand why as every morning the Sun would rise bringing vision, warmth and security saving man from the cold, blind, predator filled darkness of night. Without it, the cultures understood, the crops would not grow, the life on the planet would not survive. These realities make the Sun the most adored object of all time. Likewise, they were also very aware of the stars. The tracking of the stars allowed them to recognize and anticipate events which occurred of a long period's of time, such as eclipses and full moons. They in turn catalogued celestial groups in what we know today as constellations.

This is the cross of the zodiac, one of the oldest conceptual images in human history. It reflects the Sun as it figuratively passes through the 12 major constellations over the course of a year. It also reflects the 12 months of the year, the four seasons, and the solstices and equinoxes. The term zodiac relates to the fact that constellations were anthropomorphized or personified as figures or animals. In other words, the early civilizations did not just follow the Sun and stars, they personified them with elaborate myths involving their movements and relationships. The Sun, with its life giving and saving qualities, was personified as a representative of the unseen creator or God. God's Sun. The light of the world. The savior of human kind. Likewise, the 12 constellations represented the places of travel for God's Sun. And they were identified by names, usually representing elements of nature that happened during that period of time. For example, Aquarius - the water bearer, who brings the spring rains.

This is Horus. He is the Sun God of Egypt of around 3000 BC. He is the Sun anthropomorphized in his life as a series of allegorical myths involving Sun's movement in the sky. From the ancient hieroglyphics in Egypt we know much about the solar messiah. For instance, Horus meaning Sun or the light, had an enemy known as Set. And Set was the personification of the darkness or night. And metaphorically speaking, every morning Horus would win the battle against Set while in the evening Set would conquer Horus and send him into the underworld.

It's important to know that dark versus light, or good versus evil, is one of the most ubiquitous mythological dualities ever known and it's still expressed on many levels to this day. Broadly speaking, the story of Horus is as follows:

Horus was born on December 25th, of a virgin Isis Mary. His birth was accompanied by a star in the east which in turn three kings followed to locate and adorn a newborn savior. At the age of 12 he was a prodigal child teacher.

At the age of 30 he was baptized by a figure known as Anap and thus began his ministry. Horus had 12 disciples he traveled about with, performing miracles such as healing the sick and walking on water. Horus was known by many gestural names such as "The Truth", "The Light", "God's Anointed Son", "The Good Shepherd", "The Lamb of God" and many others. After being betrayed by Typhon, Horus was crucified, buried for three days and thus resurrected. This attributes of Horus, whether original or not, seem to permeate many cultures of the world for many other gods have found to have the same general mythological structure:

“YESHUA IS LORD”

Since: Apr 07

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#460803 Jul 10, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Your God is a tree now?
ROFLMAO
Yggdrasil
So what? Spiritual beings are often compared to or called trees in the scriptures. In the following verse God compares Himself to a great fir tree. Why? Because fir trees are ever green or ever living hense God is ever living.

http://www.biblestudytools.com/kjva/hosea/14-...

No wonder that God would compare Himself to the great fir tree that is ever green or ever living.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#460804 Jul 10, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
.. I suggest it would commit suicide.
If only they had left the myth at that.....

Oh wait! The Gospel of Mark did.

<smile>

“"None shall pass"”

There

#460805 Jul 10, 2013
Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>So what? Spiritual beings are often compared to or called trees in the scriptures. In the following verse God compares Himself to a great fir tree. Why? Because fir trees are ever green or ever living hense God is ever living.
http://www.biblestudytools.com/kjva/hosea/14-...
No wonder that God would compare Himself to the great fir tree that is ever green or ever living.
I am all for symbolism and using mythology as a stepping stone to meditation and contemplation.

I do not need to take it as literal fact. To take it as literal fact diminishes and sullies it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 31 min Aerobatty 118,567
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 34 min RiversideRedneck 2,134
News Bill to loosen financial rules would save $24 b... 38 min UidiotRaceUMAKEWO... 2
News Trump budget promises balance in decade, relies... 44 min UidiotRaceUMAKEWO... 4
News An ambitious ruler defeated by his own hubris: ... 46 min UidiotRaceUMAKEWO... 2
What Your Church Won't Tell You by Dave and Gar... (Apr '10) 58 min New Age Spiritual... 33,210
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 1 hr UidiotRaceUMAKEWO... 184,818
More from around the web