Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 667994 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

chuck

Ashburn, VA

#460722 Jul 10, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you forget about judgment day ... when the wicked shall be judged by "god" and there will be gnashing of teeth?
Are you trying to preach "god" out of power?
Watch yer step on that slippery slope.
:)
Still Grams....folks who made the choice to deny.

Silly atheists

Since: Sep 09

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#460723 Jul 10, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
June:
I was raised a Methodist, searched through philosophy, and religions in late teens to mid 20's, heard God's call in 1972, searched for God almost 20 years, found Him in 1990, became born-again, led to be RCC, got zealous, backslid, searched other religions, re-discovered my Catholicism....In short, a road well traveled by trial and error. No shortcuts to heaven for me.
More or less, I had to learn the hard way. And I am glad I did.
Your words Robert F on page 62 http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/T675JJ592...

"Yes, religion is insane. It is all about serving the biggest god. The bigger the god, the bigger the ego."

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#460724 Jul 10, 2013
chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Still Grams....folks who made the choice to deny.
Silly atheists
Your god has the power to not send souls to hell ... but he takes away that freedom and overrules with his own vicious will.

Your imaginary god is a bully and has no mercy or sense of forgiveness for those who are weakened by the sin that he perpetrated when he chose at first to create Adam and Eve knowing they would be sinners.

You are hooked on stupidity.

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#460725 Jul 10, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
June, you seem to be losing it now. anyone can freely read for themselves what Jesus said to the 'faithful' jewish hypocrites who didn't believe what was written of Messiah in the scriptures that they claimed to hold so dearly.
It was Catholics that wrote that story about the Jews being traitors. But the Catholics WERE the traitors against the faithful Jews.

They started a new religion with two words ... Jesus ... and ... salvation.

They were in deed cunning operators.
Human Being

Kinder, LA

#460726 Jul 10, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>LOOK STUPID.
GOD IS A SPIRIT, HE HAD NO DNA, WHICH IS WHAT I HAVE BEEN TELLING YOU IDIOTS ALL ALONG.
if mary was sinless, why then was she baptized in the Holy Ghost along with many, many others?lol
why did mary go to the temple and offer up a sin sacrifice if she was sinless.
Preston:

Mr. Ad Hominem....take it easy....Your biology theory blew up, get over it.

Why did Jesus get baptized, if he was without sin?

You obviously know the answer. So you just answered your own question as well.

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#460727 Jul 10, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
there are millions of people who believe essentially the same things about God, June.
There are also millions that believe in Islam. What does THAT suggest to you?

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#460728 Jul 10, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
Oxbow:
By category, I did not mean genus. You went to literal again.
Category in the sense of philosophical, not biological...,i.e like Aristotle.
News Flash!!!!! Fruits are neither philosophical nor biological!!!!

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#460729 Jul 10, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey I don't have a problem with you believing that.
That's why I find the hypocrisy of you getting upset when we say it.
Hey I do not get upset.lol Far from it....you see,I am just correcting lies with the truth....I am able to separate the computer world from the real world and I live in the real world.

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#460730 Jul 10, 2013
More words from Robert F ... page 63

Were you truthful back then Robert, or are you truthful now?
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>

In a similar way, the Bible is a very, very long book full of contradictions, which makes it easy to pick and choose which doctrines to follow, and then change, and adapt them to keep pace with the society in which it is practiced....

http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/T675JJ592...

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#460731 Jul 10, 2013
More words from Robert f page 65

http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/T675JJ592 ...

Don't put all the fault on the "leader" of the pack. The pack mentality of security in numbers is based on the individual's fear and insecurity.

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#460732 Jul 10, 2013
I find it very difficult to believe that a child raised as a Methodist would grow up to join Catholicism ... then become an Atheist, to later join Catholicism once again.

It makes no sense whatsoever.

Usually people go back to the religions of their childhood, not back to the second religion to which they belonged.
chuck

Ashburn, VA

#460733 Jul 10, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Your god has the power to not send souls to hell ... but he takes away that freedom and overrules with his own vicious will.
Your imaginary god is a bully and has no mercy or sense of forgiveness for those who are weakened by the sin that he perpetrated when he chose at first to create Adam and Eve knowing they would be sinners.
You are hooked on stupidity.
You still don`t get it. God says accept it or reject it. Accept you go here...reject it you go here.

No mercy for those who are weakened by sin..most ignorant response yet Grams. That is why Christ sacrificed His life on the cross. That is mercy you idiot.

Keep the ignorance coming. I enjoy reading them.
Human Being

Kinder, LA

#460734 Jul 10, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus is the one we should be worshiping ..obviously He left his,family. To go out and preach
That does nit mean that it is nit Christian Teaching that she is HIS MOTHER..out of David ..his descendant ..
And she followed Him yo the Cross..literally washed in His blood .
RoSesz:

You are quite right. We should be thankfully worshipping Jesus.

But consider for a moment, Jesus did not leave his family by going out to preach, but in search of His Lost Bride....

And He showed the world to what length He went, to die on the Cross, for His Bride.

This is how much God loves us....

Can we not do the same for Him?

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#460735 Jul 10, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Lay it on me sister - what is the "Truth"?
While you are explaining, can you also fill in the blanks on these other questions?
"What is the Church?"
"What are the qualifications of a Christian?"
"Why do you only believe in a portion of what Jesus taught?"
"Why do you only believe in less than six of the original 13 Apostles?"
"Why is there more 'Paul' teachings in the Bible, instead of more from Jesus?"

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#460736 Jul 10, 2013
More words from Robert F page 67

http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/T675JJ592 ...
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>

One more, and one more, and one more, etc.

How many more chances are we going give god to make things right?

Robert

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#460737 Jul 10, 2013
chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
You still don`t get it. God says accept it or reject it.
Your imaginary god says "If you don't accept that I exist and worship me, you WILL burn in hell for eternity."

There is NO free will in that attitude and you KNOW it!

The whole of theology is ridiculous!
chuck

Ashburn, VA

#460738 Jul 10, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
Why did Jesus get baptized, if he was without sin?
You obviously know the answer. So you just answered your own question as well.
To identify Himself with sinners.

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#460739 Jul 10, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
RoSesz:
You are quite right. We should be thankfully worshipping Jesus.
But consider for a moment, Jesus did not leave his family by going out to preach, but in search of His Lost Bride....
And He showed the world to what length He went, to die on the Cross, for His Bride.
This is how much God loves us....
Can we not do the same for Him?
You took the easy route and became slovenly lazy in the idea that a Jew would do your work for you and waltz you off to bliss in an afterlife.

Pathetic creature!

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#460740 Jul 10, 2013
why are the catholics on here silent when it comes to Robert .look at this post from him. where he says there may be a soul.

BUT NOT NECESSARILY A god.
Robert F

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

Reply ยป

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2009

June VanDerMark wrote:

You see Robert, a short while back, I also believed that there was a God of love that permeated all of creation. Now, I don't place such a title as "love" in connection with the word god. The word "god" now irritates me. And I guess that is for the simple reason, that if this god exists, he/she/it has done a hell of a poor job of taking care of not only the human animal, but all of the other animals that do not (in my opinion) deserve to suffer.
If I was all powerful, and of a humane nature, I would never have allowed suffering to exist in the first place.
Something is very wrong with the whole picture that has been painted by theologians and preachers of so-called truth.
Many people would call me an Atheist, but as of yet, that is not true. I believe there is something that carries on beyond death, but even within my belief, I can't explain if, and where it ends. But I believe that it is invisible to our currant state of being.
I am not at all afraid that I will ultimately become an Atheist, because I don't relate to the idea that belief in a deity is necessary, much less commanded through fear. I reckon we have brains to use in the search for what is our inherent right, and that IS ... comfort in our own beliefs TO search, to question, and to never falter through fear WHILE we search.
If this so-called god is a vengeful maniac, then "he" is not ever, under any circumstances worth my investment of trust.
And if "he" is all divine love, then he has to be in a zombie-like state of inaction, or "he" would do something to change the never-ending suffering ... so "he" is, at any rate, in my opinion, USELESS.
Maybe there never was a god. Maybe we are on our own to rise to a higher state of functioning by caring for each other just as we are. Maybe we are to learn that we are just lowly animals, and not so high and mighty after all.
I never did figure I was better than any of the other animals, so these thoughts are not new to me.
I would appreciate other people's beliefs on this issue..........
lol....USELESS. What a word to use in the case of a man-made god....I like it....

I hate to disagree with you, so I won't. I am in near perfect agreement with you except that I don't equate an "eternal soul" with there necessarily being a god. In that way there rests the responsibility toward a greater degree of leading a moral life for the individual. If not, then the resolution of good and evil, seems to rest outside the human condition. And I don't think that is true.

Also you may be closer to being an atheist than you think....For me that is not an insult, just an observation....

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#460741 Jul 10, 2013
chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
To identify Himself with sinners.
How silly can you get???

Within the Catholic theology Jesus was supposed to be perfect and show others HOW to be perfect.

He was more perfect than John the Baptist who supposedly baptized Jesus.

Ridiculous blather.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Everyone is a fool 6 min Truthiness 8
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 8 min Neville Thompson 286,104
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 9 min St Elmos Fire 92,795
Israel End is Near (Feb '15) 56 min Neville Thompson 1,106
REAL Smooth New Age Chamber Jazz 57 min Doctor REALITY 1
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 2 hr truth 183,654
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 2 hr Richardfs 979,488
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 5 hr UIDIOTRACEMAKEWOR... 619,238
More from around the web