Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 695772 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Chuck

Dublin, OH

#460565 Jul 10, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm just bringing to light, the enormous ignorance one has to have, in order to be a 'Bible only' evangelical born again.
I put 'Bible only' in quotation, because you guys aren't really Bible only anyway. You're 'whatever I interpret from the Bible' only.
Catholics stick to what the first Christians were taught by the Apostles- Thanks be to God!
2 Peter 1:19 And so we have the prophetic word confirmed, which you do well to heed as a light that shines in a dark place, until the day dawns and the morning star rises in your hearts

**Ignorance Clay? You're saying to Peter, no there is something else out that for me that is better than God's Word. A LIGHT THAT SHINES IN A DARK PLACE.
Human Being

Kinder, LA

#460566 Jul 10, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>that is what happens when ignorance comes into play in the form of Philisophy.
first, last and foremost.
the Bible says that the [Will} of God is to believe on Him who was sent. lifes struggles doesnt enter into our believing that God sent Him. so if the struggle(I guess like you do)doesn't produce any fruit, God isn't to Blame.
Of course, Jesse and his son David would bear the same DNA, that is common sense, however with a man child, he receives sightly less from the father than he receives from the female. in fertilization, one cell is prodiced which has both partners in each of its pairs, one from the mother and one from the father. however since God has no chromosomes, he does not contribute the same amount of nucleic DNA.
the bottom line is this, to think or try to prove that Jesus has the exact same DNA as David is ludicrous to say the least, it therefore is impossible because the Y chromosome is missing. no doubt if we had a sample of His Blood and hers we could make a match linking him to her, but to link him with God the father is impossible sin e there is only the mitochonria from her and not God.lol
Preston:

Although we have an adversarial relationship, that doesn't mean I neither accept or reject what you write. I merely weigh it, in this case, in the light of Isaiah 11:1....

In this case, your justification is short. I am not saying Jesus is a clone of David. Rather that Jesus is part of the same root and stem. Therefore Jesus is a man(traceable back to Adam, in which we all share our humanity) because he is born of woman. He was not grafted on, nor is he a clone of Jesse, David, Adam, or Mary.

I honestly think that you have blended your thinking on this, and it is probable due our being grafted onto the vine, the Gentile onto being a True Jew, that you believe Jesus was grafted into Mary. You are relying on your reasoning of biological matters to override your faith, to justify your beliefs.

This of course does not mean that you are not saved by grace through faith. Be at ease, I do not cast doubt on that. But here is my point, we all believe a little bit differently, because of our own personal experiences. In doing so, we are all heretical, and do not have a "perfect" belief. It is more like an approximation.

Therefore we should not put faith in our beliefs, but rather put faith(and our lack of faith, and approximate belief) in Jesus. In this way we surrender ourselves to God, and His Grace through Jesus Christ. This becomes a transformed, and transforming faith by the Power of God, which is both imputed and infused by God.

Remember, abide in me, and I will abide in you. We are invited to become one with God.
June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#460567 Jul 10, 2013
You can bet that the giggling dalai lama doesn't believe that on the sliding scale of reincarnation HE is an "untouchable."

Preachers always take the biggest piece of the pie in the sky for their selves.

Religion is based on selfishness.

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#460568 Jul 10, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
So now this begs the question, who will be going to hell?
Religion gets sillier all the time.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >
Heaven for atheists? Pope sparks debate
“I gather from this statement that his view of the world's religious and philosophical diversity is expanding,” Speckhardt said.“While humanists have been saying for years that one can be good without a god, hearing this from the leader of the Catholic Church is quite heartening."
http://religion.blogs.cnn.com/2013/05/23/heav...
"...one can be good without a god..."

one could possibly be a good human to other humans without God, but what good could they possibly be to their Creator when they neglect and disrespect Him???

"and it repented God that He made man upon the earth" - God, prior to flooding all humanity accept for one family who didn't forget about their Creator

"as it was in the days of Noah, so shall it be in the end" Jesus

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#460569 Jul 10, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm just bringing to light, the enormous ignorance one has to have, in order to be a 'Bible only' evangelical born again.
I put 'Bible only' in quotation, because you guys aren't really Bible only anyway. You're 'whatever I interpret from the Bible' only.
Catholics stick to what the first Christians were taught by the Apostles- Thanks be to God!
YOU DON'T HAVE THE SLIGHTEST IDEA OF WHAT THE APOSTLES TAUGHT..

THE BIBLE RECORDS THE TRUTH..AND TRUTH CAN BE MEASURED BY IT.

THE BIBLE SAYS...

Your religion is based upon folklore that has been edited changed, deleted from and laced with idolatry and lies.....passed down from one generation to the other....

Hearsay Like a game of gossip..

If what you teach were truth it would be consistent with what Jesus taught ...AND IT IS NOT.

2Co 10:12 For we dare not make ourselves of the number, or compare ourselves with some that commend themselves: but they measuring themselves by themselves, and comparing themselves among themselves, are not wise.

THE BIBLE SAYS...

2Co 6:14 Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers:

for what fellowship hath righteousness

with unrighteousness? and

what communion hath light with darkness?

2Co 6:15 And what concord hath Christ with Belial? or

what part hath he that believeth with an infidel?

2Co 6:16 And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols?

for ye are the temple of the living God;

as God hath said,

I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people.

2Co 6:17 Wherefore come out from among them, and

be ye separate, saith the Lord, and

touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you,

2Co 6:18 And will be a Father unto you, and

ye shall be my sons and daughters, saith the Lord Almighty.
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#460570 Jul 10, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I suggest you end the paragraphs THERE.
Just because you demand that a Jew is lusting to save your Christian butt doesn't mean that silly belief is based on truth.
Keep rolling those dice Grams. Just think, you may be right and then again you may be wrong. Good luck
June VanDerMark

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#460571 Jul 10, 2013
Christian myths are just some among many myths.

Theologians in all religions were myth-makers who wanted the meanings of the words to be understood as they understood them.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>

Unlike many other faiths, the Jains do not believe in a creator God or in spiritual beings such as angels, but do focus on the concept of reincarnation through which the soul evolves in life cycles until it reaches enlightenment when the soul is called jina (victorious).

- See more at: http://www.reviewofreligions.org/2312/in-brie...
Human Being

Kinder, LA

#460572 Jul 10, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe everyone should make suffering a prime issue within the theologies of religion. If they did there would BE no religion, because everybody would say that only an inept creator would create such a mess and want to take credit FOR the mess.
If you were a creator would you be pleased with people worshipping you and thanking you on a daily basis for allowing little babies to suffer???
You have to be sick to believe such nonsense.
June:

Blaming God for our mistakes.(Sounds like an excuse going back to "the devil made me do it".)

You are trying to make man perfect, and God making the mistakes.
(Just isn't going to happen.)smiles

Give God just a little credit sometimes. He knows what He is doing.

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#460573 Jul 10, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
Years ago if one of the followers contradicted a pope, that unfortunate one would find his self burning at a stake or thrown into a dungeon.
as if it ain't crazy enough that people would willingly submit to roman tyranny and paganism now that they don't have to, but what's crazier still is that people don't worship in Spirit and Truth when we have legal freedoms to do so!
June VanDerMark

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#460574 Jul 10, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Keep rolling those dice Grams. Just think, you may be right and then again you may be wrong. Good luck
How can I be right when I admit that I don't know the future?

You are the one that brags about being right, as though your religion is the be-all and end-all for all humanity ... which is very selfish on your part.

You believe you own truth, but so do all others in religion, or they wouldn't BE in religion.
June VanDerMark

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#460575 Jul 10, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
YOU DON'T HAVE THE SLIGHTEST IDEA OF WHAT THE APOSTLES TAUGHT..
YES GOD! We hear you and know that you are speaking through your beloved prophet KayMarie.

Please give him a rest, as his bible is in tatters from overuse and much abuse. And his brain ... well ... that is your department.

I beg you GOD ... please have mercy and give KayMarie his final reward.

:)

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#460576 Jul 10, 2013
Idea...

All Catholics should move to one or two states.

Then they can do what the Vatican tells them to do and they can live like real Catholics do, like in Mexico City maybe.

There would be more "true" churches than defective and untrue Protestant churches.

Jesus would be happier and there would be few people to question all the miracles that would surely follow.

Wouldn't that be great for everyone!
Human Being

Kinder, LA

#460577 Jul 10, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Your words are saying you don't even own a Bible...much less know a single thing about studying God's Word..
Mt 1:1 ¶ The book of the generation of Jesus Christ, the son of David, the son of Abraham.
Ge 12:3; 22:18; Ps 132:11; Isa 11:1; Jer 23:5; Mt 22:24,42; Lu 3:23; Joh 7:42; Ac 2:30; 13:23; Ro 1:3; Ga 3:16
The message in Mt 1:1 is supported by Ge 12:3; 22:18; Ps 132:11; Isa 11:1; Jer 23:5; Mt 22:24,42; Lu 3:23; Joh 7:42; Ac 2:30; 13:23; Ro 1:3; Ga 3:16 (From Ge in the OT to Ga in the NT)
You calling this cherry picking.... which clearly shows you are ignorant from the top of your head to the end of your toes..regards Scripture..
If someone tells you something that sounds intelligent to most people, and you want to repeat it to me...I am willing to listen...
Oxbow:

Don't worry so much. Your efforts are duly noted. I can see you trying very hard.

But trying very hard may not be most prudent in all cases. It actually can be quite repulsive. And that is why you have great difficulty connecting with others....

I know where you are now in your thinking. Your concern is centered in purpose and vanity....Vanity of vanities, all is vanity cries the philosopher. While at the same time you seek purpose....

Not that these are mutually exclusive, but consider my question.... Is it better to be humble and contrite before the Lord, or be well studied in scripture? Consider the question, as if you were going before the Judge of All....
June VanDerMark

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#460578 Jul 10, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
June:
Blaming God for our mistakes.(Sounds like an excuse going back to "the devil made me do it".)
You are trying to make man perfect, and God making the mistakes.
(Just isn't going to happen.)smiles
Give God just a little credit sometimes. He knows what He is doing.
When did god help you squeeze Protestantism into your brain Robert?

It must have been a trying time for "god."

June VanDerMark

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#460579 Jul 10, 2013
Moreover, the philosophy is that every soul is the architect of its own destiny. As a result of these beliefs, Jains also believe in an infinite Universe that was never created and will never end, but goes through major cycles.

- See more at: http://www.reviewofreligions.org/2312/in-brie...

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#460580 Jul 10, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
as if it ain't crazy enough that people would willingly submit to roman tyranny and paganism now that they don't have to,...
ROFLMAO

ALL Christianity is just a slight different version of the Pagan Roman Religion of Paul and Constantine.

There is little difference between Catholics and Protestants. Both believe the same mythology, you just hate each other over assinine details.

You both believe in a Zombie God that knocked up a little girl to give birth to himself so he could kill himself to be happy.

You clowns simply threw a yarmulke on Zeus ad Hercules.

ROFLMAO
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#460581 Jul 10, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
How can I be right when I admit that I don't know the future?
You are the one that brags about being right, as though your religion is the be-all and end-all for all humanity ... which is very selfish on your part.
You believe you own truth, but so do all others in religion, or they wouldn't BE in religion.
It's actually common sense.

You say we don't know the future or what happens to us. Ok...lets say what I believe is true and if we receive Christ by faith we will go to heaven. That would mean you go to Hell because you rejected Christ.

now...

Lets say what you believe is true and there is no God. When we die is over. Our bodies are in the ground rotting.

Best case scenario for you is rotting in the ground. Common sense says what I believe is more beneficial.(there's using that brain again).

Say here is the conclusion:
You will either go to Hell or rot in the ground. Not much to look forward to huh Grams.
Human Being

Kinder, LA

#460582 Jul 10, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh sure you can Robert. You are a Catholic and that means you can take credit for choosing the ONLY "correct" religion to which to belong. RIGHT???
It's strange how all religions are the correct ones to those who value them. Religion is a convenience for all devout believers.
June:

Oh devout one, revealing your beliefs to me has become your religion....

RIGHT????

(I have to go to the VA, will be back later....)
June VanDerMark

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#460583 Jul 10, 2013
The subject of the human brain when it is connected to a religion is fascinating.

It digs a deep rut, but periodically as occurred with Robert F it jumps out of the rut to start another rut.

I wonder how long Robert will stick to his Catholicism this time before he takes a leap in yet another direction?

June VanDerMark

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#460584 Jul 10, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Best case scenario for you is rotting in the ground. Common sense says what I believe is more beneficial.(there's using that brain again).
Not if you are the one that goes to hell.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 25 min Maria 60,413
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr Mogadore 993,853
Is America 'Mystery Babylon,' mentioned in the ... 1 hr Doctor REALITY 23
Sexual Desires: My wife pooping in my mouth (Aug '13) 2 hr KeepitDL 41
Last Post Wins !!! [ game time :) ] (Jan '11) 3 hr That Much Olde Sc... 2,506
Prove there is No God 5 hr Tellthetruth 7
Dem Livertard Are All Liars& Narcists 6 hr The One 3
wierd situation with my mom. (Jul '14) Feb 19 Pimpy 23
More from around the web