Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 559,433
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#460241 Jul 8, 2013
StarC wrote:
<quoted text>
Interesting that you posted only a part of the verse.
Hmmm you didn't want to post the part of an
unlawful marriage???
[You and others here that are in the state of “unlawful marriage“]
Oh, and as far as the blood.... read Gen. way below
Acts 15: 29
namely, to abstain from meat sacrificed to idols, from blood, from meats of strangled animals,
And from unlawful marriage.
If you keep free of these, you will be doing what is right. Farewell.’
Gen 9: 4
4c Only meat with its lifeblood still in it you shall not eat.*
Jesus said in John 6:53...
"Unless you eat my flesh and drink my blood you have no life within you."
This is why we receive Jesus in Holy Communion in the appearance of bread and wine.!!
If your Bible reads: Ac 15:29 That ye abstain from meats offered to idols, and from blood, and from things strangled, and from fornication: from which if ye keep yourselves, ye shall do well. Fare ye well...and from unlawful marriages....use it for toilet paper...that will, at least, serve a good purpose..

Catholics do not receive Jesus in Holy Communion in the appearance of bread and wine....according to them, they eat the actual body of Christ and drink His actual blood...

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#460242 Jul 8, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
The coal company house where I was born had four rooms and a path..
My grandpap was a coal miner. That was my man and I was his boy. I would sit for hours by his chair listening to him.I have his shelali used to fight the union busters. Rough times.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#460243 Jul 8, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Your denomination teaches that Christ is the incarnate Son of God...redeemer of the human Race..
Why do you not believe what your piped piper teaches...from Scripture..
~~~~

The Bible teaches that

JESUS IS THE EXPRESS IMAGE OF GOD THE FATHER'S... PERSON

READ IT FOR YOURSELF

Heb_1:3 Who being the brightness of his glory, and the ===>express image <===of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high;

====>EXPRESS IMAGE <====defined in Greek

G5481
&#967;&#945;&#961; &#945;&#954;&#964; &#951;&#769;&#961;
charakte&#772;r
khar-ak-tar'
From the same as G5482; a graver (the tool or the person), that is,(by implication) engraving ([“character”], the figure stamped, that is, an exact copy or [figuratively] representation):- express image.

Location hidden

#460244 Jul 8, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
You're busted. Everyone here knows it. Best to just take your lumps and admit it if you want to salvage what little credibility you have left.
I know about computers....

Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Then your computer is the product of Catholics...they hardly ever get it right...

BTW....what you are saying about your computer showing 458779 as being on page 22150 is an impossibility...

You will never make a really good liar....

Bye the bye...what is the first post number on your page 22176??

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#460245 Jul 8, 2013
<quoted text>
~~~~
The Bible teaches that
READ IT FOR YOURSELF
Heb_1:3 Who being the brightness of his glory, and the ===>express image <===of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high;
G5481
charakte&#772;r
khar-ak-tar'
From the same as G5482; a graver (the tool or the person), that is,(by implication) engraving ([“character”], the figure stamped, that is, an exact copy or [figuratively] representation):- express image.
THE Bible ...OLD TESTAMENT SAYS JESUS WOULD BE CALLED THE MIGHTY GOD AND THE EVERLASTING FATHER...

IN

Isa 9:6 For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and

his name shall be called

1.Wonderful,

2.Counsellor,

3.The mighty God,

4.The everlasting Father,

5.The Prince of Peace.

Isa 9:7 Of the increase of his government and peace there shall be no end, upon the throne of David, and upon his kingdom, to order it, and to establish it with judgment and with justice from henceforth even for ever. The zeal of the LORD of hosts will perform this.

Location hidden

#460246 Jul 8, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>there is no "bad mouthing" you.
you are doing this to yourself and the senility that you possess is evident to all on here.
and to be very truthful, you aren't even funny, it is truly very sad that you are this antagonistic towards Jesus and the Word of God.
This is bad-mouthing...

you are doing this to yourself and the senility that you possess is evident to all on here.

and to be very truthful, you aren't even funny, it is truly very sad that you are this antagonistic towards Jesus and the Word of God.

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#460248 Jul 8, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
The point is that when one person uses, relies on, or attributes to an expert's opinion, it still remains an opinion.....
ROFLMAO

So you always ignore medical doctors' "opinions" if you don't like it.

Say "Hi" to the mortician for me.

Location hidden

#460249 Jul 8, 2013
116 124
<quoted text>
~~~~
The Bible teaches that
READ IT FOR YOURSELF
G5481
charakte&#772;r
khar-ak-tar'
charakter, a graver (the tool or the person), i.e.(by implication) engraving (("character"), the figure stamped, i.e. an exact copy or (figuratively) representation):--express image.

It do not, as non Christians teach, that Christ is God Almighty...

“Love much, trust none”

There

#460251 Jul 8, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
What mythology is your favorite mythology?
I like Teutonic and Celtic mythology.
I also like the Mythology of Genesis and the Sumerian Myths they came from.

I do not like Christian Mythology but do like the Gospels of Mark and Thomas.

The ancient Jewish rituals, esp. Yom Kippur, I find fascinating from a psycho-social perspective.

Location hidden

#460252 Jul 8, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
So that's what you think it is? Brainwashing? Lol
I say that's impossible. Well, possible for some people. But not me or anybody I know. I'm not Catholic because of any other reason accept my own free will.
I look at the first 50 yrs of Christianity, and I say there HAD to be divine guidance for this religion to survive that long.
I mean, you have a Messiah who was a poor homeless man, supposedly the Son of God, tried and executed. He was betrayed by one of His followers and most abandoned Him at the cross anyway. These guy were poorly educated; rag tag group who was given the responsibility of telling the world about Jesus. All but one was arrested and executed by the end of the first century along with most of their Disciples.
Its crazy. Christianity shouldn't have lasted 50 yrs. And even until 313 AD, 31 of the first 32 Popes were executed. Countless leaders known as Bishops and Priest were killed. On paper, nobody in their right mind would want to be a Christian. Yet, it spread throughout the world??
Clay...speak to me!!!!

Does the following verses teach that Christ is God?????? It reveals the truth....that is the last thing Catholics want to face...so they turn tail and run...cowards...!!!!!

But these are written, that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing ye might have life through his name.

Then, after speaking in many and varied ways through the prophets, "now at last in these days God has spoken to us in His Son":(Heb. 1:1-2).

For He sent His Son, the eternal Word, who enlightens all men, so that He might dwell among men and tell them of the innermost being of God (see John 1:1-18).

Jesus Christ, therefore, the Word made flesh, was sent as "a man to men." He "speaks the words of God" (John 3;34), and completes the work of salvation which His Father gave Him to do (see John 5:36; John 17:4)

And lo a voice from heaven, saying, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.

BTW..Your denomionation teaches Christ is the incarnate Son of God...the redeemer of the human Race...why do you not believe what your vatacan teaches????

Location hidden

#460253 Jul 8, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
I have seen people change names ..ideas ..stupid if you ask me
Anybody home!!!!

I read it..quoting your words and asking you to show support for same is not arguing....

You said:"The serpent was at the tree with her ..He has been depicted on the tree."....Ah said: answer the question....where are you reading this????

You said: "The rest is in the fall in Genesis clearly stated"...Ah said: answer the question...where are you reading this????

You said:Gen 2:16. God speaks to Adam.
Ah said: So?????

You said: Gen 3. Eve tells the serpent what she has been told
Do not eat. Do not touch

I said: Ge 3 has 24 verses....where in Ge 3 are you reading this????

“Love much, trust none”

There

#460254 Jul 8, 2013
Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
<quoted text>My grandpap was a coal miner. That was my man and I was his boy. I would sit for hours by his chair listening to him.I have his shelali used to fight the union busters. Rough times.
Molly Maguire ?

Same here on my mom's side.

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#460255 Jul 8, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
With a "ridiculous statement" such as this your intelligence, wisdom and rationale has reached the depths of "new lows"!......... The Catholic Church doesn't teach this nor does any Catholic believe this and "YOU know it"!!!
It was infallibly taught for about 1500 years.

Are you saying the RCC was wrong for 1500 years?

Mary has been Queen of Heaven for a much shorter time than that.

In fact since 1917, devotion to Mary's heart saves souls too.

Satan is a real jokester.

Location hidden

#460256 Jul 8, 2013
224 215 217

Ah am waiting!!!!!

4GVN wrote:
<quoted text>You did not answer my question. Why not? So should I now address you as you do Anthony; as a coward? Now will you answer the question? And tell me who the three persons of the trinity are.
----------

Christians know God Almighty is The Father, the Son, the Holy spirit...

Now, show me the Holy Trinity with Jesus Christ as being God Almighty.

“Love much, trust none”

There

#460257 Jul 8, 2013
Jack Chick wrote:
<quoted text>
...Are you saying the RCC was wrong for 1500 years?....
They have been wrong since 350 AD.

Location hidden

#460258 Jul 8, 2013
4GVN wrote:
<quoted text>Oxbow, you add some good points to the discussions and are generally sound in your docrrine, but to continue to beat this dead horse only serves to lesson your credibility and does no good for the cause of Christ. Prayerfully reconsider.
Looking over past posts...I responded, with Scripture, every time a non Christian said: "God is Christ" or "Christ is God" or "Jesus is God"...

When that happens, do you want me, as a son of God, to remain silent, and not defend the truth in the Word of God????
marge

Ames, IA

#460259 Jul 8, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
116 124
<quoted text>
charakter, a graver (the tool or the person), i.e.(by implication) engraving (("character"), the figure stamped, i.e. an exact copy or (figuratively) representation):--express image.
It do not, as non Christians teach, that Christ is God Almighty...
There 'is One God', is what the Bible teaches Ox, of course we no longer worship HIM in the flesh but in the Spirit.
4GVN

Jackson, MO

#460260 Jul 8, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
With a "ridiculous statement" such as this your intelligence, wisdom and rationale has reached the depths of "new lows"!......... The Catholic Church doesn't teach this nor does any Catholic believe this and "YOU know it"!!!
Then please tell us hojo, how would a non-catholic be saved?
4GVN

Jackson, MO

#460261 Jul 8, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
He's a prime example of the crowd that makes up the average Southern baptist. I'm still convinced he's a 60 year old mouth-breathing nose-picker sitting in mom's basement giggling at his brilliance.
Beg your pardon.
4GVN

Jackson, MO

#460262 Jul 8, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
215 217
<quoted text>
Christians know God Almighty is The Father, the Son, the Holy spirit...
Now, show me the Holy Trinity with Jesus Christ as being God Almighty....
So The Father is God, the Son is God and the Holy Spirit is God. Well I believe you have finally got it. Now shut up about it and quit showing your ignorance. BTW, what you are trying to argue is not Southern Baptist doctrine.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 min WasteWater 265,129
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 2 min The Awakener 175,617
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 2 min Catcher1 775,121
The Global Elites Are Moving Things Underground 2 min WasteWater 14
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 38 min WasteWater 39,343
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 44 min WasteWater 5,106
12 ingenious kitchen and food hacks that every ... 1 hr hafacs 1
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 1 hr Ugly Truth from d... 604,998
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 15 hr Barnsweb 441,764
More from around the web