Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 560,763
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#460220 Jul 8, 2013
Jack Chick wrote:
<quoted text>
That makes too much sense. Good luck.
It's like they live in a bubble. They don't seem to have a clue as to why the Orthodox church is called "Orthodox" in the first place, even by their own leadership.
I tried a number of times to explain.People change their mind here as seldom as Jed Clampett changes his underwear
youtube

AOL

#460221 Jul 8, 2013

100% PROOF Pope Francis is ANTICHRIST______

LTM

Chelmsford, Canada

#460222 Jul 8, 2013
5 things science can not explain

1. The Placebo Effect

6999placebo_big
You may have heard of it before, The Placebo Effect is a phenomenon where patients are given a fake sugar pill and are told it will help them in some way or form. This study has been done many different times for various situations from colds to cancers. Doctors take two groups of people to study, one are given real pills for an ailment, while the others are given sugar pills.

Both groups are told that the pills will help with their ailments. In some patients who take the sugar pills, studies have shown that it works at fighting their sickness just as well if not better than the actual pills.

These studies seem to suggest that the power our mind has to heal ourselves is greater than we have ever thought. Scientists are still baffled as to how this happens

2. The Mysterious Moving Stones

http-inlinethumb06.webshots.com -38149-2494603280103582559S600 x600Q85
In some deserts across the world there are stones that seem to move along the surface. They leave trails behind, sometimes taking right angle turns. One might first write them off as the wind pushing them, but the speeds at which the wind has to blow to move these rocks are highly unlikely of happening. The linear pattern also suggest that it slides across the floor rather than being pushed around by any wind. It is still unknown to why these stones would be able to slide across the desert in such a fashion.

3. The Baigong Pipes

Baigong_Pipes
In rural China, in an area considered uninhabitable by humans, there are three triangular openings at the top of a mountain. The strange thing about these opening is that they are filled with an iron pipe system of unknown origins. some pipes go into a nearby salt water lake, while others go deep into the mountain. More can be found inside of the lake and along the shore lines. Some 40 cm in diameter and seeming to be placed in a purposeful pattern.

Whatís strange about them is that tests have seem to place the date of these rusted iron pipes to nomadic times, before we discovered farming let alone advance drilling and metal work. Oddly enough the pipes are clean of debris, indicating that it was possibly used for some purpose and not just stuffed in the mountain.

Locals speculate it to be an ancient astronomy lab, or a landing base for alien space ships, but who knows.

cont
LTM

Chelmsford, Canada

#460223 Jul 8, 2013
cont
4.The Klerksdorp Spheres

307d3f0ad86f
These puzzling little spheres were found by miners in South Africa in Pyrophyllite (type of crystallized rock) deposits. The origins of these metallic spheres are unknown and around 0.5 to 10 cm in diameter. Some have concentric grooves running along its equator and seem to have been made by intelligent design. The crazy part however, comes when the Pyrophyllite deposits they were found in were dated to be around 2.8 billion years old!

Beating out the current theory of intelligent life by oh, a few billion years!

Ottosdal1
Even weirder than this is that some of the spheres were shown to have nearly perfect balance. Mr. John Hund one of the people who researched these spheres took one to a NASA testing facility.ďIt turned out that the balance is so fine, it exceeded the limit of their measuring technology and these are the guys who make gyrocompasses for NASA.

The stone is balanced to within one-hundred thousandths of an inch from absolute perfection,Ē explains Hund. Nobody knows what these stones are. One NASA scientist told Hund that they do not have the technology to create anything as finely balanced as this. He said the only way that either nature or human technology could create something so finely balanced would be in zero gravity.

It is said that they rotate on their own axis with no surrounding vibrations twice a year.

5. A Blank Spot in the Universe

cold_WandNVSS3
Astronomers have found the biggest blank spot in the universe, that has everyone scratching their heads. This mysterious blank space in the cosmos is void of any stars, galaxies Itís just a big space of nothing. Different from a black hole, which can be spotted by the nearby stars being pulled into itís gravitational orbit, this hole just seems to be empty. The crazy thing about this big spot of nothing though is that estimated to be 1 BILLION light years across, making that nearly 6 billion light years of complete emptiness.

Thatís a lot of nothing!

It was discovered by accident when astronomers at the University of Minnesota were taking surveys of the night sky. By using radio photography to scan big expanses of the universe, the radio pictures began to indicate 45% less matter than normal in a particular region. Checking the scans again, it was found to be a complete cold spot, void of any matter.

picture on facebook

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#460224 Jul 8, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
So according to your theology, this god CAN heal but chooses not to HUH???
And that is what you worship!
You can have it!
When I see a child scream in pain I don't ask why a god doesn't stop the pain. I simply don't believe that such a god could exist and be so extremely cruel.
Religion is bunk!
~~~
NO THAT IS NOT TRUE..

WHEN JESUS SAID "IT IS FINISHED" BOWED HIS HEAD AND DIED...

GOD FINISED HIS PLAN OF REDEEMPTION ALL THAT WAS NECESSARY FOR MANKIND...ALL THAT HE IS/WAS GOING TO DO

WAS ACCOMPLISHED...WHAT ARE YOU DOING WITH WHAT HE HAS DONE FOR YOU?

From that point on....

IT IS UP TO US TO REACT/RESPOND ..... TO WHAT HES HAS ALREADY DONE...

NOT BRINGING GOD DOWN TO US..

.BUT RATHER OURSELVES UP TO HIM.

TO RECEIVE FROM HIM THE GIFTS THAT THE DEATH OF GOD' SON HAS GIVEN TO

US...THROUGH HIS VICARIOUS DEATH AND RESURRECTION..

THE GIFTS ARE...

sa 53:4

1. Surely he hath borne our griefs, and

carried our sorrows:

yet we did esteem him stricken, smitten of God, and afflicted.

Isa 53:5

2.But he was wounded for our transgressions,

3. he was bruised for our iniquities:

4.the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and

5.with his stripes we are healed.

Isa 53:6 All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way; and

6.the LORD hath laid on him the iniquity of us all.

WHETHER YOU ACCEPT THESE GIFTS OR NOT IS YOUR OPTION...

THEY ARE THERE FOR WHOSEVER WILL RECEIVE THEM...

YOU SPURN! YOU BURN

YOU TURN FROM YOU WICKED WAYS RECEIVE JESUS CHRIST AS YOUR LORD AND SAVIOR

SALVATION PROMISES ... YOU WILL PROSPER AND BE IN HEALTH

-->AS YOUR SOUL PROSPERS..

IF YOU CLAIM TO BE A CHRISTIAN AND DO NOT BELIEVE THE FULL GOSPLE...GOD WILL NOT FORCE IT UPON YU...

THE FULL GOSPEL IS

SALVATION ...THROUG JESUS CHRIST HEBREW

H3444
&#1497;&#1513;&#14 73;&#1493;&#1468;& #1506;&#1492;
yeshu&#770;&#8219;a &#770;h
yesh-oo'-aw
Feminine passive participle of H3467; something saved, that is,(abstractly) deliverance; hence aid, victory, prosperity:- deliverance, health, help (-ing), salvation, save, saving (health), welfare.

SALVATION
DEFINED IN GREEK

G4991
&#963;&#969;&#964; &#951;&#961;&#953; &#769;&#945;
so&#772;te&#772;ria
so-tay-ree'-ah
Feminine of a derivative of G4990 as (properly abstract) noun; rescue or safety (physically or morally):- deliver, health, salvation, save, saving.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#460225 Jul 8, 2013
Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
<quoted text>I tried a number of times to explain.People change their mind here as seldom as Jed Clampett changes his underwear
WHAT!!!?
You better not be try'n ta put no tarnish on ma cousin Jethro an his lil' sis is ya? Why, I'll have "granney" fix a hex on yer half penny azz afore ole' Jed even git's a hanker'n whats even com'n down teh pike!!

#460226 Jul 8, 2013
<quoted text>I tried a number of times to explain.People change their mind here as seldom as Jed Clampett changes his underwear
Bless you DEAR FRIEND HOW YA FILL-IN..right pert I hope...

YEP a hillbilly should git warshed an change his long handles at least

once a year whether he needs it or not..Hits better whin the crick is

full..an the lye soap's fresh.

#460227 Jul 8, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
Damming up the branch is beter an dippin wiggletails outen the rainbarrell

maybe the ole bever will create a pon fer ya don at the bottom of the draw

only est thang the leaches mit a been hankering fer a smige of blood

ifing it want mak eem sick...hits ben a long tim coumming don cha no

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#460228 Jul 8, 2013
<quoted text>
You folks needs ta jist quit worry'n 'bout my goddam underwears, an when I might take the notion ta wash 'em!
You flatlanders ain't got no clue about the wherewithall 'bout any such undertak'ns at tall!
Why the hell don't ya jist mind yer own goddam business!
Ever damn time ya starts ta talk'n any such nonsense, is cuz ya think it's high time us hill folks needs a bath...Does you got some kind o' "special" sort o' smell what god give ya?

Location hidden

#460229 Jul 8, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
WHAT!!!?
You better not be try'n ta put no tarnish on ma cousin Jethro an his lil' sis is ya? Why, I'll have "granney" fix a hex on yer half penny azz afore ole' Jed even git's a hanker'n whats even com'n down teh pike!!
Thats impressive. You speak multiple languages.
marge

Ames, IA

#460230 Jul 8, 2013
I'm sure grandma Walton washed Seb's once a week.

Location hidden

#460231 Jul 8, 2013
<quoted text>
That was pretty authentic.Sounds like you have known a few Hillbillies in your day.When I was little my Uncle married a West Va Hillbilly.One day her whole family came up to visit.They were the most friendlinss down to earth people I ever met. They were impressed with the indoor plumbing. LOL
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#460232 Jul 8, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
You preach from your favorite scriptures that only Catholics will be saved.
With a "ridiculous statement" such as this your intelligence, wisdom and rationale has reached the depths of "new lows"!......... The Catholic Church doesn't teach this nor does any Catholic believe this and "YOU know it"!!!

#460233 Jul 8, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
You folks needs ta jist quit worry'n 'bout my goddam underwears, an when I might take the notion ta wash 'em!
You flatlanders ain't got no clue about the wherewithall 'bout any such undertak'ns at tall!
Why the hell don't ya jist mind yer own goddam business!
Ever damn time ya starts ta talk'n any such nonsense, is cuz ya think it's high time us hill folks needs a bath...Does you got some kind o' "special" sort o' smell what god give ya?
~~~

a LITTLE LYE SOAP WASHIN OUT YA MOUTH WHEN YO WAS A YOUNGIN MIGHT HAVE

LEARNED YA SUM RESPECT FUR YA SELF AND OTHER FOLK

In the appalechin Mountains whar I wuzs borned. AND RAISED..we uns wuz

church goin God ferin folk..

Cussin and spoutin God's name in smut wus seldom heared.

Them that did wuz ignored...

even them fruit jar drinkers back then. respected the women folk .

Your talkin trash bout God shows jus how little respect ya have to youself.

God's secand name aint damn..

“HAVE A BLESSED ”

Since: Aug 08

CHRISTMAS

#460234 Jul 8, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
That's what Ox did.
I have seen people change names ..ideas ..stupid if you ask me

“HAVE A BLESSED ”

CHRISTMAS

#460235 Jul 8, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes Rose...but anyone reading that "reinvented" wording of the original post may take it that it was your intent and word...THAT is purposeful deceit and wrongful intent....(dishonest).
Once that strawman has been constructed, it is very easy for the perpetrator to defame you with what it has misappropriated within your own wording....it IS PURE deception with intent.
Agree ..totally and a stupid thing to do ..

#460236 Jul 8, 2013
<quoted text>That was pretty authentic.Sounds like you have known a few Hillbillies in your day.When I was little my Uncle married a West Va Hillbilly.One day her whole family came up to visit.They were the most friendlinss down to earth people I ever met. They were impressed with the indoor plumbing. LOL
~~~

I wus born on the side of a Mountain in Southern West Virginia,

and have spent 79 years tryin to git on the level.

“HAVE A BLESSED ”

CHRISTMAS

#460237 Jul 8, 2013
StarC wrote:
<quoted text>
You wrote....
"No Southern Baptists teach that Jesus is and was not Divine .
That's crazy
Trinity..Virgin birth ..crucifixion..resurrection.
Same..."
You are correct, OX is incorrect.
Wonder who he is listening to or is he making up new interpretations.
My dear husband is a convert to Catholic from the So. Baptist and he was taught The Trinity as a Baptist, and totally beliefs it as a Catholic!!
And I am vice versa.

I woukd have run from a Church that did not believe Jesus Divine and human..

#460238 Jul 8, 2013
<quoted text>
~~~
I wus born on the side of a Mountain in Southern West Virginia,
and have spent 79 years tryin to git on the level.
The coal company house where I was born had four rooms and a path..

Location hidden

#460239 Jul 8, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Catholic teachings on the Trinity are the exact same as your drug store corner bible church. In fact, your ancestors learned it from us.
But you and him are two peas in a pod when it comes to dreaming up fantasy doctrines on the true nature of Christ. I wouldn't be calling him out on anything if I were you.
Your denomination teaches that Christ is the incarnate Son of God...redeemer of the human Race..

Why do you not believe what your piped piper teaches...from Scripture..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 min Karma is a_______ 779,350
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 4 min mike 605,394
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 8 min WasteWater 265,600
Will the False Prophet come from the Vatican??? 16 min Just Think 29
Why Iím no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 42 min Barnsweb 441,828
Thousands march in Holocaust memorial (Apr '06) 1 hr Just American 61
Hispanic Women are Racist (Sep '12) 1 hr Herstory 35
Gay snapchat names 4 hr edm732 188
Moses never existed 5 hr KiMare 862
More from around the web