Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 548,483
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story
Human Being

Sunset, LA

#460045 Jul 8, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
I can see Topix deleting a,post ..But NOT changing it ..why would they bother
RoSesz:

It is possible, and we assume that they would not.

It is more probable posts are rewritten by people to deceive. It is a rather easy thing to do. It has happened to me. I confronted the individual, and they disappeared from Topix.

That is why you should be careful in what you write, so that it makes sense to you. If you notice a rewritten post, that doesn't make sense, you can go back and find the original. Also you can complain to Topix, and they can/might do something about it.

I am reminded of Kruschev in the USSR, "releasing" documents about Pius XII, after his death, in order to undermine his work. The documents were later found to be lies, but the effect of this set of lies deceived many, and still do so today.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#460046 Jul 8, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Anyone who doesn't scowl at you would seem warm to a New Yorker. If you went to a baptist community building with an Oxbore, I have no doubt he'd be all smiles and very pleasant, but he's a phony. He said he was an expert liar when he was Catholic but when he met with an SBC pastor he was shown the light and left his lies and immorality behind. Based on his behaviour here and his stated denial of the Divinity of Christ I can only assume he's an even better liar and is morally bankrupt.
You are a coward....you will not respond "yes" or "no" to my question: Does the following verses teach that Christ is God??????

But these are written, that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing ye might have life through his name.

Then, after speaking in many and varied ways through the prophets, "now at last in these days God has spoken to us in His Son":(Heb. 1:1-2).

For He sent His Son, the eternal Word, who enlightens all men, so that He might dwell among men and tell them of the innermost being of God (see John 1:1-18).

Jesus Christ, therefore, the Word made flesh, was sent as "a man to men." He "speaks the words of God" (John 3;34), and completes the work of salvation which His Father gave Him to do (see John 5:36; John 17:4)

And lo a voice from heaven, saying, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.

“Let the Children”

Since: Aug 08

Come To Me

#460047 Jul 8, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Anyone who doesn't scowl at you would seem warm to a New Yorker. If you went to a baptist community building with an Oxbore, I have no doubt he'd be all smiles and very pleasant, but he's a phony. He said he was an expert liar when he was Catholic but when he met with an SBC pastor he was shown the light and left his lies and immorality behind. Based on his behaviour here and his stated denial of the Divinity of Christ I can only assume he's an even better liar and is morally bankrupt.
Well lol on New,Yorkers..I WAS born a yank buy have been in Fla,for decades

And not commenting on Ox .as He confuses me with his posts.

Just saying my SBC church ..full of Christian people who
.walk the walk..
Human Being

Sunset, LA

#460048 Jul 8, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>you(or anyone) can change a post. see?
I can see Topix deleting a,post ..But NOT changing it ..why would{n't} they bother I added two letters on your original post
Preston:

Yes. That was what was done to me a few years ago. But it was to deceive. It is a good lesson to know one can be have their post rewritten.

It is also frustrating in a way, to know one's posts can be "rewritten".

But in a way, it makes a person, police their own posts.

Location hidden

#460049 Jul 8, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
I can see Topix deleting a,post ..But NOT changing it ..why would they bother
I will approach your question at your intelligence level..

A. Rosesz post some info.
B. Rosesz gets Topix to delete it.
C. Rosesz re-posts info that is completely opposite of her original post...

Any questions???

BTW...am not accusing you of same...this is only hypothetical...

Location hidden

#460050 Jul 8, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
RoSesz:
It is possible, and we assume that they would not.
It is more probable posts are rewritten by people to deceive. It is a rather easy thing to do. It has happened to me. I confronted the individual, and they disappeared from Topix.
That is why you should be careful in what you write, so that it makes sense to you. If you notice a rewritten post, that doesn't make sense, you can go back and find the original. Also you can complain to Topix, and they can/might do something about it.
I am reminded of Kruschev in the USSR, "releasing" documents about Pius XII, after his death, in order to undermine his work. The documents were later found to be lies, but the effect of this set of lies deceived many, and still do so today.
How to Delete Posts on a Topix Website
by Shawn Farner, Demand Media

Topix is a website comprised of thousands of message boards, each focusing on a specific region. Users can post messages on their local Topix boards to share news and gossip but cannot delete posts. Deletions can only be done by Topix staff. If you'd like to have a post removed because you believe it's inaccurate, or if you feel the content is slanderous, you can request this action by following a few steps.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#460051 Jul 8, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
I am saying you opened that door....
You said page 22150 has post 458779. Post 458779 is not on page 22150. It is on page 22153.
Conclusion...the original post you refer to as being on 22150 was cancelled, and re-posted to reflect the info in 458779 on page 22153..
My computer shows post #458779 on page #22150. I'm sure it's the same for everyone else here.

I used the phrase "Never said that" on only one post and it was in response to your question "And you said you knew of no Catholics whom drinks the blood of Christ......why is that????"

You changed it when you pasted the post in order to avoid looking like the idiot we all know you are. You've been caught. Go find the forum for liars and cheats.

Location hidden

#460052 Jul 8, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>look, the guy is a kook, and should be treated as such by ALL of us.
Because you cannot deny the truth in Scripture, that makes me a kook????

atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>it is not a belief that you are searching for.
in this verse, we find that the Author is given [CONFIRMATION] THAT JESUS IS THE MESSIAH[CHRIST].
the Author is not saying that Jesus is NOT God. stupid.
----------

Christos, anointed, i.e. the Messiah, an epithet of Jesus:--Christ.

Christ, being the Messiah, does not change the message in that verse...that Christ is not God...but is the Son of God...

As noted: But these are written, that ye might believe that the Messiah, the Son of God; and that believing ye might have life through his name.
4GVN

Jackson, MO

#460053 Jul 8, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
You cannot support your belief from Scripture that Jesus Christ is God...so now, you want to talk about the Holy Trinity???
O.K. show me the Holy Trinity with Jesus Christ as being God....
You did not answer my question. Why not? So should I now address you as you do Anthony; as a coward? Now will you answer the question? And tell me who the three persons of the trinity are.
Clay

Chicago, IL

#460054 Jul 8, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
atemcowboy wrote:
in this verse, we find that the Author is given [CONFIRMATION] THAT JESUS IS THE MESSIAH[CHRIST].
----------
Christ, being the Messiah, does not change the message in that verse...that Christ is not God...but is the Son of God...
As noted: But these are written, that ye might believe that the Messiah, the Son of God; and that believing ye might have life through his name.
Do all the Southern Baptist teach that Christ is not God?
I understand you guys are the second largest Christian denomination in this country behind Catholics..
That's rather alarming that such a large Christian denomination would deny the divinity of Jesus Christ and still call themselves Christians.
What do the Evangelicals think about that? What do the Pentecostals think?
What do the Presbyterian Evangelical Methodist Adventist (or PEMA) think about the Divinity of Jesus Christ?
4GVN

Jackson, MO

#460055 Jul 8, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
atemcowboy wrote:
----------
Oxbow, you add some good points to the discussions and are generally sound in your docrrine, but to continue to beat this dead horse only serves to lesson your credibility and does no good for the cause of Christ. Prayerfully reconsider.

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#460056 Jul 8, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
atemcowboy wrote:
----------
As a man called by God to preach His Word, that would place me in jeopardy of losing my soul to deny the truth of His Word. however for me to stand against a kook like you(and Robert fits that mold also)is Precisely what God wants us to do.

It isn't His Word that is being denied, it is you who chooses to try and use it to deceive others.

thankfully, not one person on here and that includes the catholics are being fooled by your senility, and if you would perchance to fool some unsuspecting person, YOU PLACE YOUR SOUL IN THE FLAMES OF HELLFIRE.
Human Being

Sunset, LA

#460057 Jul 8, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
You are a coward....you will not respond "yes" or "no" to my question: Does the following verses teach that Christ is God??????
But these are written, that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing ye might have life through his name.
Then, after speaking in many and varied ways through the prophets, "now at last in these days God has spoken to us in His Son":(Heb. 1:1-2).
For He sent His Son, the eternal Word, who enlightens all men, so that He might dwell among men and tell them of the innermost being of God (see John 1:1-18).
Jesus Christ, therefore, the Word made flesh, was sent as "a man to men." He "speaks the words of God" (John 3;34), and completes the work of salvation which His Father gave Him to do (see John 5:36; John 17:4)
And lo a voice from heaven, saying, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.
Oxbow:

I am hesitant to write to you, as we have great difficulty reasoning together.

But what you are trying to do is separate the Word of God from God.
Jesus is the Word.

If you continue Hebrews 1:2, you find that through the Word, God created the worlds(ages). In other words, Jesus Christ is the Creator.

Are you saying otherwise? Are you trying to say that Christ is an agency, or means for God, or an angel, rather than being God?

All things were created by him, Jesus Christ, and without there was not anything made.

The effect of what you write is that you are distancing humanity from God, whereas Jesus came to bring God and man together. This contrariness to the Gospel message is what makes it difficult to understand your position.

And I don't think you are a Southern Baptist, perhaps you attend, but you don't believe as a Baptist. If you do attend, then perhaps you should reconsider?
Human Being

Sunset, LA

#460058 Jul 8, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
I understand you guys are the second largest Christian denomination in this country behind Catholics..
That's rather alarming that such a large Christian denomination would deny the divinity of Jesus Christ and still call themselves Christians.
What do the Presbyterian Evangelical Methodist Adventist (or PEMA) think about the Divinity of Jesus Christ?
Clay:

I am not expert on all denominations. But as far as I know, it is more a Jehovah's Witness idea, that Jesus Christ is an angel.

I think the frustration is that Oxbow's view on things is radically different, and doesn't accept reasoning, but he considers himself the "only" orthodox view. I think he believes reasoning together is compromise. I could be wrong.

Location hidden

#460059 Jul 8, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
I am not a Baptist and this kook is not a Christian. no Christian will try and cause people to question what is Written in the Word of God. Just to play Games, and that is all that he is doing.

He has no Respect for the Word of God, and we can place the blame on the years that he spent as a catholic, because we [Christians] see the same thing from you and the other catholics on here with your disrespect of His Holy Word.
Human Being

Sunset, LA

#460060 Jul 8, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>As a man called by God to preach His Word, that would place me in jeopardy of losing my soul to deny the truth of His Word. however for me to stand against a kook like you(and Robert fits that mold also)is Precisely what God wants us to do.
It isn't His Word that is being denied, it is you who chooses to try and use it to deceive others.
thankfully, not one person on here and that includes the catholics are being fooled by your senility, and if you would perchance to fool some unsuspecting person, YOU PLACE YOUR SOUL IN THE FLAMES OF HELLFIRE.
Preston:

Ah, how kind of you to say what you think. I was wondering the same thing about you and Oxbow being in the same mold as well. But actually, I do consider you a preacher. Just a bit quick-tempered.

It might be about senility, but more probably about being the hard headed alpha male....

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#460061 Jul 8, 2013
confusious say wrote:
<quoted text> You better not shit on the carpet again ya little taco dog or your asss is grass!!!!
That little "taco dog" is house broken for one thing and she is smarter than some of the posters on this forum LOL...by the way,no carpet,its wood floors through out!

Location hidden

#460062 Jul 8, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
Clay:
I am not expert on all denominations. But as far as I know, it is more a Jehovah's Witness idea, that Jesus Christ is an angel.
I think the frustration is that Oxbow's view on things is radically different, and doesn't accept reasoning, but he considers himself the "only" orthodox view. I think he believes reasoning together is compromise. I could be wrong.
Oxbore is not saying that Jesus is an angel. he is trying to prove that Jesus is not God, the Father. and not one Christian is disputing that idea.

so in essence, he is fighting a battle that only he is involved in.lol
Human Being

Sunset, LA

#460063 Jul 8, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>I am not a Baptist and this kook is not a Christian. no Christian will try and cause people to question what is Written in the Word of God. Just to play Games, and that is all that he is doing.
He has no Respect for the Word of God, and we can place the blame on the years that he spent as a catholic, because we [Christians] see the same thing from you and the other catholics on here with your disrespect of His Holy Word.
Preston:

God has written his law upon our heart.

So it is good to humbly go to God in one's heart to find the Truth(Jesus Christ). The Word of God, written in the Bible confirms with the Holy Spirit.

It is then profitable for the Christian to study the Bible.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#460064 Jul 8, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>I am not a Baptist and this kook is not a Christian. no Christian will try and cause people to question what is Written in the Word of God. Just to play Games, and that is all that he is doing.
Catholic teachings on the Trinity are the exact same as your drug store corner bible church. In fact, your ancestors learned it from us.

But you and him are two peas in a pod when it comes to dreaming up fantasy doctrines on the true nature of Christ. I wouldn't be calling him out on anything if I were you.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 2 min Stilgar Fifrawi 750,316
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 5 min ChromiuMan 5,454
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 7 min RADEKT 261,641
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 16 min Dave Nelson 229,926
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 22 min Tim Osman 118,656
Hot gays in Abu Dhabi (Nov '13) 29 min top 1,070
ardy 23 tahun bandung call for job 43 min ardy ryan 1
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 5 hr yon 602,162
Have any girls on here had sex with a dog??? (Feb '12) 17 hr girls united states 125

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE