Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 646694 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#460199 Jul 8, 2013
Mark wrote:
<quoted text>
That is what it is: fantasy
There was a lot of commercial cults in those days, like today, all promising something special. Many were street Jewish evangelists, presbyters.
First Paul announced the coming saviour, as people were expecting these. When he did not arrive Paul started telling that he had come but already left the planet again. Then other presbyters started to make numerous stories around this wonder man, placing him in Israel, as he surely never came to Rome. That is why we have hundreds of pure fantasy stories. Then emperor Constantine made them chose which stories to choose and compile them and re-edit them to make them more or less fit. That is why we have no originals, all stories were re-edited. We only have claims they were copies of originals, but of the originals only the fragments were preserved that fitted the new stories. The church has been destroying all evidence since day one. Like it also burned all stories of critics. So we only have her account of affairs.
That would not matter if the story would make any sense, but it is lousy ethics and even an corrupts rational thinking. But the it still gives the RCC a yearly turnover of $190.000.000.000.
People are so stupid. Their ancestors were converted by the sword, their children brainwashed from young age into this nonsense. Is this something you want to hold on to? Have some respect for your forefathers, the new it was a lot of bull.
{{{{GASP}}}}
Yer not say'n we been lied to are ya?
Jump'n Jesus & Jesophat!!!!
Heavens ta Merkitroid!
I'm gonna jist commit screwicide!!!!!
Take yer number gals!

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#460200 Jul 8, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Hahahahahahah!
Do you know what that pattern is in the intro? It would "blow" your mind! It is a 70,000+ year old ancient symbol!
is it greek? What is it??

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#460201 Jul 8, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Well ya!
But I won't even be offended if ya call me "FREAK" now...it's sort of an honor sis!
The ironic thing is...the last time--- I was laughing at to others that got "buzzed", an then{{{{POW}}}} I got blasted! LOL!
Well I hope if I get blasted by lightning it will be a heavy voltage that will end my suffering. It would sure beat long-term care, having others change my diapers if they were in a good mood and didn't choose to slap me around and leave me in a state of constipation day after day with no hope of reprieve.

Yes, I've seen it happen to others, and I wouldn't want it to happen to me.

There are things much worse than death.

But then, it was all part of god's "divine" plan ... according to the morbid religious right-fighters.

YUCK!

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#460202 Jul 8, 2013
and this is what Jesus told annie about Paul and what he was to do.

15 For thou shalt be his witness unto all men of what thou hast seen and heard.

so what has paul seen and heard?

the "appearing" of Jesus and His words.

so lets look at acts chapter 9 an read ALL of the Words of Jesus to annie.

And there was a certain disciple at Damascus, named Ananias; and to him said the Lord in a vision, Ananias. And he said, Behold, I am here, Lord.

11 And the Lord said unto him, Arise, and go into the street which is called Straight, and enquire in the house of Judas for one called Saul, of Tarsus: for, behold, he prayeth,

12 And hath seen in a vision a man named Ananias coming in, and putting his hand on him, that he might receive his sight.

13 Then Ananias answered, Lord, I have heard by many of this man, how much evil he hath done to thy saints at Jerusalem:

14 And here he hath authority from the chief priests to bind all that call on thy name.

15 But the Lord said unto him, Go thy way: for he is a chosen vessel unto me, to bear my name before the Gentiles, and kings, and the children of Israel:

16 For I will shew him how great things he must suffer for my name's sake.

17 And Ananias went his way, and entered into the house; and putting his hands on him said, Brother Saul, the Lord, even Jesus, that appeared unto thee in the way as thou camest, hath sent me, that thou mightest receive thy sight, and be filled with the Holy Ghost.

in these few verses, like I have told you time and time again. THERE IS NO MENTION OF JESUS TELLING ANNIE TO BAPTISE PAUL.

TO SAY OTHERWISE, INDICATES HOW MUCH OF A LIAR THAT YOU ARE ANTHONY.

and so it is easy to understand why you are unable to comprehend the Birth of Jesus. liars have a hard time understanding what is truth

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#460203 Jul 8, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
No human being has ever cured,OR healed any one but God..
So according to your theology, this god CAN heal but chooses not to HUH???

And that is what you worship!

You can have it!

When I see a child scream in pain I don't ask why a god doesn't stop the pain. I simply don't believe that such a god could exist and be so extremely cruel.

Religion is bunk!
Clay

Saint Paul, MN

#460204 Jul 8, 2013
OldJG wrote:
For all of you ROMAN CATHOLICS......
How many popes have gone to Israel?
3? Why, what's punch line?
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#460205 Jul 8, 2013
http://seawaves.us/na/Inquisitions.html

The Roman Catholic church is nothing more than a vicious wild animal killing smaller animals that don't agree with the heresy. How many people did the Roman church kill? HOW MANY???? It will make you puke! The Roman Catholic church is a murdering child molester clothed in "religion".

Location hidden

#460206 Jul 8, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>is it greek? What is it??
Oh no ...it is far older than that. It from the ancient hier... of Lemiria!

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#460207 Jul 8, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
216 220
<quoted text>
Why do you not answer my question instead of bad-mouthing me for showing the truth in Scripture???????
there is no "bad mouthing" you.

you are doing this to yourself and the senility that you possess is evident to all on here.

and to be very truthful, you aren't even funny, it is truly very sad that you are this antagonistic towards Jesus and the Word of God.

Location hidden

#460208 Jul 8, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Well I hope if I get blasted by lightning it will be a heavy voltage that will end my suffering. It would sure beat long-term care, having others change my diapers if they were in a good mood and didn't choose to slap me around and leave me in a state of constipation day after day with no hope of reprieve.
Yes, I've seen it happen to others, and I wouldn't want it to happen to me.
There are things much worse than death.
But then, it was all part of god's "divine" plan ... according to the morbid religious right-fighters.
YUCK!
I understand fully sis.

Location hidden

#460209 Jul 8, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>is it greek? What is it??
sorry...Lemuria.

It is the very same symbol that is atop of nearly ALL the ancient pillars... including that of the temple of Solomon.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#460210 Jul 8, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
and this is what Jesus told annie about Paul and what he was to do.
15 For thou shalt be his witness unto all men of what thou hast seen and heard.
so what has paul seen and heard?
the "appearing" of Jesus and His words.
so lets look at acts chapter 9 an read ALL of the Words of Jesus to annie.
And there was a certain disciple at Damascus, named Ananias; and to him said the Lord in a vision, Ananias. And he said, Behold, I am here, Lord.
11 And the Lord said unto him, Arise, and go into the street which is called Straight, and enquire in the house of Judas for one called Saul, of Tarsus: for, behold, he prayeth,
12 And hath seen in a vision a man named Ananias coming in, and putting his hand on him, that he might receive his sight.
13 Then Ananias answered, Lord, I have heard by many of this man, how much evil he hath done to thy saints at Jerusalem:
14 And here he hath authority from the chief priests to bind all that call on thy name.
15 But the Lord said unto him, Go thy way: for he is a chosen vessel unto me, to bear my name before the Gentiles, and kings, and the children of Israel:
16 For I will shew him how great things he must suffer for my name's sake.
17 And Ananias went his way, and entered into the house; and putting his hands on him said, Brother Saul, the Lord, even Jesus, that appeared unto thee in the way as thou camest, hath sent me, that thou mightest receive thy sight, and be filled with the Holy Ghost.
in these few verses, like I have told you time and time again. THERE IS NO MENTION OF JESUS TELLING ANNIE TO BAPTISE PAUL.
TO SAY OTHERWISE, INDICATES HOW MUCH OF A LIAR THAT YOU ARE ANTHONY.
and so it is easy to understand why you are unable to comprehend the Birth of Jesus. liars have a hard time understanding what is truth
~~~

Roman Catholics ARE WANNABE'S.

BUT EVIDENTLY THEY WILL NEVER BE ..... CHRISTIANS..

Christians strive to obey the word of God and follow Jesus Christ..

Roman Catholics strive to live by their catechism and follow their

deaf, dumb and blind earthly leaders.

Luk_6:39 And he/JESUS spake a parable unto them, Can the blind lead the blind? shall they not both fall into the ditch?
Clay

Saint Paul, MN

#460211 Jul 8, 2013
Mark wrote:
<quoted text>
That is what it is: fantasy
There was a lot of commercial cults in those days, like today, all promising something special. Many were street Jewish evangelists, presbyters.
First Paul announced the coming saviour, as people were expecting these. When he did not arrive Paul started telling that he had come but already left the planet again. Then other presbyters started to make numerous stories around this wonder man, placing him in Israel, as he surely never came to Rome. That is why we have hundreds of pure fantasy stories. Then emperor Constantine made them chose which stories to choose and compile them and re-edit them to make them more or less fit. That is why we have no originals, all stories were re-edited. We only have claims they were copies of originals, but of the originals only the fragments were preserved that fitted the new stories. The church has been destroying all evidence since day one. Like it also burned all stories of critics. So we only have her account of affairs.
That would not matter if the story would make any sense, but it is lousy ethics and even an corrupts rational thinking. But the it still gives the RCC a yearly turnover of $190.000.000.000.
People are so stupid. Their ancestors were converted by the sword, their children brainwashed from young age into this nonsense. Is this something you want to hold on to? Have some respect for your forefathers, the new it was a lot of bull.
So that's what you think it is? Brainwashing? Lol

I say that's impossible. Well, possible for some people. But not me or anybody I know. I'm not Catholic because of any other reason accept my own free will.

I look at the first 50 yrs of Christianity, and I say there HAD to be divine guidance for this religion to survive that long.
I mean, you have a Messiah who was a poor homeless man, supposedly the Son of God, tried and executed. He was betrayed by one of His followers and most abandoned Him at the cross anyway. These guy were poorly educated; rag tag group who was given the responsibility of telling the world about Jesus. All but one was arrested and executed by the end of the first century along with most of their Disciples.
Its crazy. Christianity shouldn't have lasted 50 yrs. And even until 313 AD, 31 of the first 32 Popes were executed. Countless leaders known as Bishops and Priest were killed. On paper, nobody in their right mind would want to be a Christian. Yet, it spread throughout the world??

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#460212 Jul 8, 2013
Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
<quoted text>Study the Original Church before 1054. Then study the Orthodox and Catholic Church after 1052.Which Church kept the same faith and which had the most innovations. That will give you the Original Church.
That makes too much sense. Good luck.

It's like they live in a bubble. They don't seem to have a clue as to why the Orthodox church is called "Orthodox" in the first place, even by their own leadership.

Location hidden

#460213 Jul 8, 2013
OldJG wrote:
http://seawaves.us/na/Inquisit ions.html
The Roman Catholic church is nothing more than a vicious wild animal killing smaller animals that don't agree with the heresy. How many people did the Roman church kill? HOW MANY???? It will make you puke! The Roman Catholic church is a murdering child molester clothed in "religion".
OH DEAR!
NOW Ya gone an told 'em.
We're gonna see another schism where yer brothers is gonna be streached on the stone boy! Yer family tree is gonna be whittled ta the very root(an that's if yer lucky!)

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#460214 Jul 8, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh no ...it is far older than that. It from the ancient hier... of Lemiria!
HUh?

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#460215 Jul 8, 2013
How about everyone's favorite Catholic saint...

Saint Christopher. Remember that one?

Roman Catholics have such short attention spans.

Location hidden

#460216 Jul 8, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>HUh?
Ya I don't lie sis.

Location hidden

#460217 Jul 8, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>HUh?
It is the symbol for the 4 great powers...
I can not lie about it. check and see if it is not included in the "temple of Solomon"...
I Have NOT lied.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#460218 Jul 8, 2013
Chess Jurist wrote:
A Chess Jurist Classic Worthy of a Repost:
The silly apologetics of the deluded. To quote my favorite author:
If one reads the bible objectively -- that is, in the same fashion as one would read any other religious text -- one sees a mythology that changes over time. The concept of God changes from a powerful but not all-knowing deity to one who is all powerful and all knowing. In the beginning, he asks questions and goes to investigate things. Later, he simply knows – he sees all, knows all.
The concept of the afterlife changes. One tends simply to die or at best end up in a slumber in a netherworld in the earliest parts of the Bible. Rewards for godly behavior tend to be handed out in this life, not the next. Later, a judgment day develops, after which good folks are rewarded, but the bad are not necessarily punished, other than through denial of a reward. Ultimately, there is talk of punishing the wicked, sometimes in fiery, eternal, and very Greek terms.
In the Bible, especially in the earliest parts, the world is seen as a sort of snow globe. A flat surface sitting on a foundation and encased in a shell -- a firmament. God resides on the other side of that firmament. But men ostensibly can reach God's abode, if only they build a tower that is high enough. And, seemingly, but for God's active intervention, they might succeed.
Incredible stories abound in the Bible, often borrowed from the mythology of other cultures. For example, Noah encounters a flood, much as Gilgamesh did before him. In the New Testament, Greek mythology rather than Mesopotamian mythology has the greater influence. Thus, Hades is all the rage. A savior is born, and he is much like the other saviors in the ubiquitous mystery religions of the Hellenistic world. And these religions all seem to borrow from one another -- and compete with one another.
When I read the Bible, I see a product of its time and culture. That time is a relatively long one. It was written over roughly a 1,000 years. And its culture is not uniform. In the New Testament, Greek influences abound simply because the writers and the believers are either Gentiles or Hellenized Jews. The traditional culture of the Jews is mostly rejected, and the process of rejecting that culture creates tension and disputes that survive in those writing, with people such as Paul warning about the Judaizers and the author of John disparaging the Jews.
Hoax, mythology, delusion, a mix of all the above, whatever. It all comes out pretty much the same in the wash.
http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/atheism/T...
Yes. I do say so myself.
If my grandma had wheels she'd be a trolley but she doesn't

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 5 min River Tam 48,932
Play "end of the word" part 2 (Dec '15) 21 min WasteWater 2,077
How to solve racism (and sexism) once and for all 21 min Hey U 5
Jesus and Muhammad were FRAUDS 30 min Hey U 19
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 31 min VIKING 971,730
News Billionaire Soros giving $2M to Democratic groups (May '12) 37 min African Billionaire 15
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 48 min X Pendable 182,656
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 1 hr Bunz7893 44,699
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 5 hr Just Think 105,632
More from around the web