Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Comments (Page 22,188)

Showing posts 443,741 - 443,760 of529,972
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 8, 2013

Judged:

Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
REALLY!
You should hear what Pagans called your murderous organization!
I doubt there are reliable translations for it anymore!
Do you remember how "Moses" came down from the Mt. and some tablets were broken and lost? Do you know what was on those broken tablets? I do. Your religion and it's atrocities will pay dearly for it too.
It will cost nearly every one of your subjugates the opportunity to obtain peace in it's soul. Your religion has negated the only means of mankind to find that peace...and that episode foretold it all....and the advent of christianity(catholicism) sealed that prophesy, and precluded the atrocity and abomination to come....and it has.
Moses tried to condense what was once 42 questions of passage into 10 commandments to live by for his people(and he miserably failed). That is why he was denied "passage" into the new land of prosperity and interaction with the world cultures of trade and information and progress.
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 8, 2013

They will tell you
thousand story
as thousands one night
where there there and there
nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo o
what a about
he not asked any bow down
he not asked for kiss of hand
nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooo

he not show any table of any commadment
nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooo
he told you
only one command is love
when you see my tears
its not in vain
when you see my hand in prayers
its not in vain
someone touch my heart
light come to light..
nkh

by

“YESHUA IS LORD”

Since: Apr 07

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 8, 2013

Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, You have provided at least two untruthful posits here. It is because of your religion's teachings, and I can understand that.
perhaps you should really look into where your patriarch "Abrum" came from, who his family was, who "he was" and who his mentor in "Salem was"....Who Moses was, the actual life story of him(not what your bible relates)...who Solomon was and "what" he was....who Sheba was and "what" she was. Who and what Judah was, and who and what "Israel" was-their connections with the Sumerian/Indian/Egyptian empires and the associated timelines. That would give you a start to unravel the truth and actuality of what you have been taught.
It would be best if you discover this on your own. I could tell you, but it will only cause dissent.
Jesus said...seek and you will find. I sought and I found. Pay particular attention to all the "actual" words of what he said. The best are found in "Thomas".
I have no intent to mislead...only to help you discover "actuality" and understanding.
My friend, NIMROD was the starter of these many so called religions,those that you say pre-dates the religion of the God of Israel. There is much written of Nimrod by ancient writers and Josephus wrote"Nimrod persuadd mankind not to prscribe their happiness to God but to think that his own effort was the source of it. And he soon changed things into a tyranny,thinking there was no other way to wean men from the reverence of God.

So we see in Nimrod Satan's first attempt to raise up a human universal ruler of men. Since then we have seen many other attempts such as Nebuchadnezzar,Alex the Great,Napoleon and in the end times of this earth age, Satan himself will present as a supernatural human,in the personal form of Anti-Christ.

Nimrod was so mighty in the eyes of the people of earth that there was a Semitic proverb that took it's origin or belief that Yahovah was not known in Babylon. In the Hebrew text the manuscripts records...IN DEFIANCE OF GOD.

Genesis 10:10 lists Nimrods kingdoms and Babel is listed. Babel in the Hebrew tongue is BAB-ILI and it comes from the root word #1101 and it means confusion. Real confusion comes anytime man tries to bypass Gods word and substitute his own meanings to things which contradict Gods original text,the Word of God. The word of God is the plan of God which covers in detail this entire earth age.It instructs us in exactly how things are gonna happen.

This is why Revelation 17:5 addresses..MYSTERY,BABYLON THE GREAT,MOTHER OF HARLOTS AND ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH. This Babylon is not a city but a condition of confusion that exists on the whole earth. The system or religious order of the people is what causes the confusion. Some people think their salvation lies in knowledge and science or whatever idea or belief they can conceive.This type of confusion is being absorbed into the minds of most people today because they either disbelieve Gods word or they don't understand Gods word. People are trusting in the doctrines and traditions of men and so many are blindly accepting the things of Satan.

We are reliving the days of Nimrod and its going to get worse.
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 8, 2013

i make clear to you
your law is not my law
nooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Why Jesus come?..love.. fulfill law.

O don't be afraid
what they going tell about
thousand story every day
only one place is
not far away
someone touch my heart
light come to light
beautiful golden light..

nkh

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 8, 2013

Judged:

Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>My friend, NIMROD was the starter of these many so called religions,those that you say pre-dates the religion of the God of Israel. There is much written of Nimrod by ancient writers and Josephus wrote"Nimrod persuadd mankind not to prscribe their happiness to God but to think that his own effort was the source of it. And he soon changed things into a tyranny,thinking there was no other way to wean men from the reverence of God.
So we see in Nimrod Satan's first attempt to raise up a human universal ruler of men. Since then we have seen many other attempts such as Nebuchadnezzar,Alex the Great,Napoleon and in the end times of this earth age, Satan himself will present as a supernatural human,in the personal form of Anti-Christ.
Nimrod was so mighty in the eyes of the people of earth that there was a Semitic proverb that took it's origin or belief that Yahovah was not known in Babylon. In the Hebrew text the manuscripts records...IN DEFIANCE OF GOD.
Genesis 10:10 lists Nimrods kingdoms and Babel is listed. Babel in the Hebrew tongue is BAB-ILI and it comes from the root word #1101 and it means confusion. Real confusion comes anytime man tries to bypass Gods word and substitute his own meanings to things which contradict Gods original text,the Word of God. The word of God is the plan of God which covers in detail this entire earth age.It instructs us in exactly how things are gonna happen.
This is why Revelation 17:5 addresses..MYSTERY,BABYLON THE GREAT,MOTHER OF HARLOTS AND ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH. This Babylon is not a city but a condition of confusion that exists on the whole earth. The system or religious order of the people is what causes the confusion. Some people think their salvation lies in knowledge and science or whatever idea or belief they can conceive.This type of confusion is being absorbed into the minds of most people today because they either disbelieve Gods word or they don't understand Gods word. People are trusting in the doctrines and traditions of men and so many are blindly accepting the things of Satan.
NIMROD and the Babylonians are "newage" also.
History is far older and accountable than your religion and science would have you believe.
Perhaps you need a new set of "lenses"?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 8, 2013

Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
NIMROD and the Babylonians are "newage" also.
History is far older and accountable than your religion and science would have you believe.
Perhaps you need a new set of "lenses"?
It seems yer bible an the world scientists would have ya believe you was jist borned yesterday...Was Ya? I thought not...maybe ya need ta look jist a little deeper than what ya find "comfortable".
Now mind ya, ya might not be real comfortable with the things ya find...but--- they will be truer than what you ever been taught...that I can promise ya!

“YESHUA IS LORD”

Since: Apr 07

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 8, 2013

Judged:

Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
It seems yer bible an the world scientists would have ya believe you was jist borned yesterday...Was Ya? I thought not...maybe ya need ta look jist a little deeper than what ya find "comfortable".
Now mind ya, ya might not be real comfortable with the things ya find...but--- they will be truer than what you ever been taught...that I can promise ya!
How do you know what you believe is true? Just because one believes something to be true does not mean that it is true.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 8, 2013

Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>My friend, NIMROD was the starter of these many so called religions,those that you say pre-dates the religion of the God of Israel. There is much written of Nimrod by ancient writers and Josephus wrote"Nimrod persuadd mankind not to prscribe their happiness to God but to think that his own effort was the source of it. And he soon changed things into a tyranny,thinking there was no other way to wean men from the reverence of God.
Not really.
We are"reviling" the days after the original teachings of Thoth and Osiris... and they have only gotten worse.
There is no "savior"...that is dependent totally on the individual...that is "exactly" what your Jesus said if you had actually paid any attention to his actual words.
The teachings of Thoth tell you the very same thing your Jesus eludes to in his many words.
PAY ATTENTION!

Stop pointing your finger at everything but yourself and take accountability for your own countenance.
Your religion is "scapegoating" you to your own hell.
You(your spirit) have to pass through the 12 gates (one at a time) by answering the 42 questions(or possessing the 42 virtues), or you must return to the 3D world and continue to learn until you can satisfy that goal. When you have accomplished this, you will not be required to live in the "distressed" world any longer, and will become a "free" "spirit"(unrestricte d). I realize this is contrary to what you have been indoctrinated to believe....so research it for yourself....I have informed you...I can now dust my sandals off...thanks for the opportunity.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 8, 2013

Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>How do you know what you believe is true? Just because one believes something to be true does not mean that it is true.
If you do not look you will not find. Follow what your Jesus said.
Don't say I didn't tell you. I did...and I even gave you the pointers to how and where. It is up to you to find the truth not I.
Read over ALL that I have said here, and determine if or whether I have lied...you will see.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 8, 2013

Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>How do you know what you believe is true? Just because one believes something to be true does not mean that it is true.
Do you think what I stated to "cowboy was a lie?"
It was the absolute truth if you look it all up.
No BS about it.
That is just a minor portion of the ancient symbols...they are the closest thinks to "truth" you can hold as reality, as they ALL collaborate throughout history and time.
I have spent years seeking these truths and proofs.
Do you think I would do this to perpetrate some silly lie?

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 8, 2013

Judged:

hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
And how many times do YOU have to be told---you do not know what you are talking about Seraphima! Try reading TRUE Church History instead of the same old Orthodox "fictitious" history books that have been manipulated! The vast majority of Apologistic Historian authors and writers completely "debunk" what you claim to be true:
The early Church was called BOTH "Orthodox" and "Catholic." St. Ignatius of Antioch, a disciple of the Apostles, calls the Church by both these names as early as A.D. 107. The word “Orthodox” in Greek is “orthódoxos” meaning “right in religion“, or “straight teaching”; and the word “Catholic” is “katholikós” meaning “general” and/or “kathól(ou)” meaning “universally”. >>>>>
Also, the word “katholikos” literally means “the whole in every part.” It is commonly translated “universal.”
Here is what Ignatius says:
"You must all follow the bishop as Jesus Christ follows the Father, and the presbytery as you would the Apostles. Reverence the deacons as you would the command of God. Let no one do anything of concern to the Church
without the bishop. Let that be considered a valid Eucharist which is celebrated by the bishop, or by one whom he appoints. Wherever the bishop appears, let the people be there; just as wherever Jesus Christ is, there is THE CATHOLIC CHURCH." (Ignatius of Antioch to the Smyrnaeans)
Ignatius’ point is that the TRUE Church (the CATHOLIC Church –the Church as it is known in all parts of the world) is found locally with the bishop, as opposed to Gnostic cults and other false sects which claimed to be the true Church. Ergo, here as early as A.D. 107, the Church was already known as “the Catholic Church.” and not the Orthodox Church. It would have been known by that name while the Apostle John was still alive, since he died only about 7 years earlier than the time when Ignatius is writing. In 1054AD the Orthodox Church, officially separated and split from the Catholic Church, the Church that Jesus Christ initiated in Matthew 16:13-21.
your wasting your time trying to convince me hobo.The catholic church begin in 1054 when the bishop of rome got to big for his britches!....your church is not the True Church that Christ founded. I don't think Christ would have approved of such a corrupted church.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 8, 2013

hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
No one is asking you to believe "anything" that you already are "refusing to believe"! Your choice June!! Again--I ask you!! "Why are you wasting your time",(on this forum)-- as your quoting (atheist friend) Isaac Asimov said!----- Is it to vent your anger? Is it to attack to faith of others? Is it in an "ongoing" attempt to (convince yourself) what you believe or better yet (don't believe)? The basis of atheism, agnosticism and even bible only Protestantism is to "rip" over 2000 years of the TRUTH of the Catholic faith, the Catholic Church and the personal faith in Jesus Christ of its believers.----The fact is that you would NEVER find a Catholic searching for a Protestant (topix site) or a atheists/agnostic forum to come on and attack, condemn or "rip" what they believe. WHY??---- WE DON'T NEED TO Because I/we as Catholics have been "grounded and secured" for over 2000 years in the Fullness of the Faith and the Fullness of the TRUTH in Jesus Christ and His One True Catholic Church.......The fact is that Atheists, agnostics and bible only Protestants, cannot exist on their own beliefs (or unbeliefs) and their own "opinionated doctrines" without attacking our Catholic Faith and the Catholic Church!!! This has been proven, over and over and over again--on this forum---and you June--are no exception!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =45VazNU_pOA

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 8, 2013

truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 8, 2013

Please tell me!
What they going tell about?
Story as thousand one night
where is in darkness stay
only one light..
What they going tell about?
Multiply!!!
Multiply!!!
Multiply!!!
When someone touch heart
light will come to light.
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 8, 2013

now where is your cozy pozy church..
when something come in night
what will be happen with you if not light..
brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
then you can't breathhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhh
then you can't feed
what i wroteeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhh
geeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeeeeee
what will be great shock..

its very dangerose
who liked be bigger then God..

“Greatest Love”

Since: Aug 08

For His Creation

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 8, 2013

Judged:

atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>since I am several times smarter than you are.
I believe that He is God and was God in His[ Surrogate] mothers womb. it became Biological after a few days.
wanna argue with me, Bring your Masters Degree in Biology with you.lol
Lol ok biologically after several days ??? Well New,twist now from before...And a Masters to get there..ok

Whatever you feel you need to believe. Have at it ..enjoy
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 8, 2013

don't cry
when i died
i will died

but my heart
not not will be place for someone what i don't want
nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooooooooooooo
then
i will died
for sure
zillion/zillion

i am not going where others go

i will be on another place in another life

byyyyyyyyyy

Since: Sep 09

Smithers, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 8, 2013

RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you Sister..God bless
Why do you believe you can order up blessings from a god for those who flatter you?

I suggest it would show more humility on your part to say "I 'hope' God exists and that 'if' he exists that he will bless you?"

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 8, 2013

ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
Yawn, BM, you never change. Read the document again and stop lying. And stop calling me and everyone else who exposes you a liar. That's a bad habit you people have. Always name-calling. Be grateful I've condescended to answer you as everyone else has chosen to ignore you. Again.
Truth #1: No one denied the churches of anyone.
Truth #2: Bishop Carroll did not believe that Christ taught more than one set of truths. i.e., He did not believe that it was all good just because people were "nice" to him. Fawn, flutter, flutter. Your implying that he did is the big lie here.
You're just as boring in "San Francisco" as you were in Florida. Get lost.
Your Satanic name-calling is typical. If you cannot refute, attack the messenger.

One at a time. John Carroll's stance regarding Vatican rule is easily researched, but you first lie is refuted by nothing less than the article of this thread.

Angry Catholic proclaims...

"Truth #1: No one denied the churches of anyone."

Now read the article of this thread....

http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/story/2007/07/10...

Quoting word for word...

"The document adds that Protestant denominations — called Christian Communities born out of the Reformation — are not true churches, but ecclesial communities.

"These ecclesial communities which, specifically because of the absence of the sacramental priesthood … cannot, according to Catholic doctrine, be called 'churches' in the proper sense,"

More links...

http://christianity.stackexchange.com/questio...

"Catholics hold that Protestants who have these dispositions, and who have no suspicion of their religion being FALSE, and no means to discover, or fail in their honest endeavors to discover,...."

Question for Regina... what do words such as "false" and phrases such as "not true" mean? LOL

Either #1... Regina lies, or #2... Catholic sources such as www.ewtn.com and the Vatican lie?

Aren't facts supported by credible links wonderful!!!!

Nice try, but those are the facts. Now in true Romanist fashion, it's time to belittle and demean the messenger again.

Go for it. It's amusing to read such angry words from such a dark mind. It just makes me appreciates the light of truth even more.

Want to discuss John Carroll next? He wouldn't fit your definition of "Roman Catholic" for sure. He loved America too much.

Since: Sep 09

Smithers, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 8, 2013

Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>Now folks,see how the Devil can twist the scriptures out mof context to try and get his lies over on the unwitting?
And of course the "unwitting ones" are never the ones pointing the fingers outward ... RIGHT???

Devout believers are always concerned about "What's in this religion that will benefit 'ME'"

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 443,741 - 443,760 of529,972
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

421 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 10 min dirty white boy- 716,423
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 12 min ROYAL 4,076
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 16 min Lab28 223,165
This ~ or ~ That? (game) (Dec '12) 17 min Nobody 2 Special 1,477
Israel's end is near, Ahmadinejad says (Jun '07) 19 min MUQ1 36,389
Penis Size 26 min GFIAHP 1
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 43 min petesake 114,615
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr onemale 255,692
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 2 hr Hidingfromyou 93,218