Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 541,902
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story
marge

Ames, IA

#459851 Jul 7, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow..So the very Early Christians copied these very precocious writings And preserved them very EARLY ON..
How about That !!!
It always made sense yo me that this would be so..NOT ONE SCRIPTURE FOR EACH BOOK SHOW ing up miraculously in Rome in the Council.
There had to be copies..NOT LIKE XEROXING THEM ..But sending them to diff e rent churches to shard and preserve.
Just as thE. JEWS copied and preserved their precious scrolls.
Thanks for the history HERMI .
Ditto!

And makes very common sense when talking about the 'WORD OF GOD'!
Tiger Lily

New Zealand

#459852 Jul 7, 2013

Catholics will hate this.
Nevertheless, it poses questions which MUST be answered.

No answer? No credibility.

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#459853 Jul 7, 2013
Tony17 wrote:
Oh you guys need to read this as well. This is describing Satan aka the Prince of Tyrus and the King of Tyre which are nothing but a couple more of the many names and titles Satan has.....
You mean like when Jesus calls himself Lucifer in Revelation 22:16 ?

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#459854 Jul 7, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
The Church began at Pentecost in Acts 2:4 and it was Catholic!
The Church did not exist in Old Testament times but was constituted on the Day of Pentecost (arguments to support the day of Pentecost will be given below). It is distinct to this present time period. Several lines of evidence support this conclusion.
(1) Our Lord said:“I will build My Church”(Matt. 16:18). He did not say that He would continue to add to something already in existence, but that He would do something not yet begun.
(2) The Church could have no functioning Head until after the resurrection of Christ; therefore, it could not exist until some time after He rose from the dead (Eph. 1:20-23—note how these verses connect His resurrection, ascension, and session to His headship over the church).
(3) The Church could not have been an operating entity with functioning spiritual gifts until after Christ’s ascension. This is the clear implication of Eph. 4:7-12.
By a comparison of a number of passages, it seems clear that Pentecost marked the beginning of the church as a functioning body (the body of Christ) by the outpouring of the Spirit on that day.:
The Church is referred to as the "Catholic Church" as early as 55 A.D
According to the four Gospels and the Acts of the Apostles, about the year 33 C.E., the structure of the Church was set up by Jesus Christ before His Ascension and then the early Christian Church was born on Pentecost when the Holy Spirit descended upon the Apostles and disciples.
This same Church has referred to itself as the “Catholic Church” at least since 55 AD.(about 10 years after the last book of the New Testament was written), when the Greek term "Katholikos" (meaning universal) appears in the Letter of St. Ignatius of Antioch to the Smyrnaeans:
"Wherever the bishop appear, there let the multitude be; even as wherever Christ Jesus is, there is the Catholic Church." The Apostles of Jesus, and especially in Paul's writings refers to a hierarchical, authoritative, visible Church in the book of Acts with bishops, priests, elders and deacons. Paul also (in I Timothy 3:15) calls the Church, the pillar, pinnacle and foundation of the truth!! In 1054, the Orthodox Church divided, split and broke away from the Catholic Church. The Church that is described in Matthew 16:13-21 was (Universal--Catholic)!!
How many times to you have to be told...It was NOT catholic as in your catholic church of today. It was catholic meaning UNIVERSAL as in ONE HOLY UNIVERSAL(catholic)CHURCH...Yo ur church began in 1054.....

“YESHUA IS LORD”

Since: Apr 07

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#459855 Jul 7, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
WE ARE WARNED OF THOSE SUCH AS YOUR SELF IN THE WORD OF GOD
Mat 7:15 Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.
Mat 7:16 Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles?
Mat 7:17 Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit.
Mat 7:18 A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.
Mat 7:19 Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.
Mat 7:20 Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.
Mat 7:21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.
Mat 7:22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
Mat 7:23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.
Lets leave your pastor out of this.Kay? Because he's not here to defend himself,LOL. If you're prophesying that the RCC or anyone else is the Anti-Christ and it doesn't align with who and where the scriptures say the AC will rise then you most likely is a false prophet. Now get yourself a mirror and look deep into it.

“Let the Children”

Since: Aug 08

Come To Me

#459856 Jul 7, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
for rose.
no person on this Forum is the Moderator and cant tell anyone WHAT they wish to say and about what they want to convey.
As I said believe as you wish.. I just did not want to see another 48 hours wasted on arguing a MYSTERY of faith .We will find out in heaven

You believe your way I'll believe mine
If you choose to keep arguing it go ahead.

That's what I meant by NOT AGAIN .

Somethings like the actual how are mysteries.

I will take my clues on this from scripture..

And for the record ..That ..not arguing is what I discerned when I prayed .2weeks ago ....to not argue this with you ..it was getting to heated. So I said God bless you brother and moved on
So I'm not .going to keep at it now ..

You may do as you choose.:)

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#459857 Jul 7, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, actually, them pizo fellas prolly got jist a bit mixed up when they was writ'n the last book...'specially after hav'n all that water turned in'ta wine an all...

“Let the Children”

Since: Aug 08

Come To Me

#459858 Jul 7, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
Ditto!
And makes very common sense when talking about the 'WORD OF GOD'!
Thank you Sister..God bless

“YESHUA IS LORD”

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#459859 Jul 7, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Now folks,see how the Devil can twist the scriptures out mof context to try and get his lies over on the unwitting? Though both Christ and Lucifer (before he fell) were referred to as Morning Stars,there is one difference in Revelation 22:16. In Revelation 22:16 Christ is called THE "BRIGHT" and MORNING STAR. Lucifer is NEVER referred to as THE 'BRIGHT" AND MORNING STAR. Try again serpent.

Location hidden

#459860 Jul 7, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>How many times to you have to be told...It was NOT catholic as in your catholic church of today. It was catholic meaning UNIVERSAL as in ONE HOLY UNIVERSAL(catholic)CHURCH...Yo ur church began in 1054.....
If only them cathaholic folks could'a jis got ALL them writings an folks killed off, you'd never even have a clue that anyth'n was amiss...now would ya? You can thank ole' Napoleon an them terrible Islam folks fer that...they went an screwed up the whole plan.

Location hidden

#459861 Jul 7, 2013
Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>Now folks,see how the Devil can twist the scriptures out mof context to try and get his lies over on the unwitting? Though both Christ and Lucifer (before he fell) were referred to as Morning Stars,there is one difference in Revelation 22:16. In Revelation 22:16 Christ is called THE "BRIGHT" and MORNING STAR. Lucifer is NEVER referred to as THE 'BRIGHT" AND MORNING STAR. Try again serpent.
The "Bringer of light" would indeed be the "morning star". It is often referred to as "Venus" also...More Roman interpolation.
That is not all, but it is sufficient for clarification here.

“Love much, trust none”

There

#459862 Jul 7, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, actually, them pizo fellas prolly got jist a bit mixed up when they was writ'n the last book...'specially after hav'n all that water turned in'ta wine an all...
LOL

I find no miracle in turning water into wine. We do it all the time.
A miracle would have been if he made Vodka 1000 years before distilling was discovered.
THAT would have been a Wedding!

“YESHUA IS LORD”

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#459863 Jul 7, 2013
Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>
One can find all kind of crap on the internet. Though the RCC is A FALSE RELIGION JUST LIKE YOURS,the RCC will not give rise to the Anti-Christ. Scripture tells us exactly where the AC will rise in the following verse...
http://www.theseason.org/ezekiel/ezekiel28.ht...
The AC will rise in the Middle East.....IN JUDEA and I advise you guys research the wPhrase ...THE ABOMINATION OF DESOLATION because it leaves something out of the translation as written the way it is in scripture. It should read..THE DESOLATOR. There is only one entity that is the DESOLATOR AND THAT IS SATAN. And he will be pretending to to be a human being though he will probably be passing himself off as a "JEW". He will have phenomenal powers so much so that he will be able to call fire down from heaven among other mind blowing miracles. How? Because God gives him his powers to do that for a little season.
So till the Pope becomes able to call fire down from heaven then he is NOT the Anti-Christ.
Oops faux pas here. The following verse is where it tells us that the Anti-Christ shall rise in Judea.

http://www.biblestudytools.com/kjva/mark/13-1...

Now you guys do know what the abomination of Desolation aka the DESOLATOR is right.

“Love much, trust none”

There

#459864 Jul 7, 2013
Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>Now folks,see how the Devil can twist the scriptures out mof context...
Shut up, spawn of Satan.

The words in both Revelation AND Isaiah are the same. In Latin "Lucifer" in English "Morning Star". Neither have anything to do with Satan.

You don't even know the Jewish symbolism of the Morning Star.

Jesus would have.
You don't.
You know nothing about Jesus.
You are a POS fraud!

“Love much, trust none”

There

#459865 Jul 7, 2013
Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>Oops faux pas here. The following verse is where it tells us that the Anti-Christ shall rise in Judea.
Now you guys do know what the abomination of Desolation aka the DESOLATOR is right.
Why are you trash talking Jesus like that ?

You must be one of those False prophets worshiping the lies of Paul's coven.

Location hidden

#459866 Jul 7, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL
I find no miracle in turning water into wine. We do it all the time.
A miracle would have been if he made Vodka 1000 years before distilling was discovered.
THAT would have been a Wedding!
<SNORT>

Sure would'a been fer me mate!
Don't ya fool yerself none neither...
Osiris knowed all about the secret mysteries!
That included "alchemy" ~an~ "spirit" works!
He learned it all from Thoth...I ain't 'lowed ta tell where "he" learned it from.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#459867 Jul 7, 2013
4GVN wrote:
<quoted text>Anthony is correct. And this unbiblical position you keep argueing is only working to diminish your credibility.
UnBiblical???? Contrary to or unsanctioned by the Bible

Scripture is unbiblical????

Quote:
But these are written, that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing ye might have life through his name.
Then, after speaking in many and varied ways through the prophets, "now at last in these days God has spoken to us in His Son":(Heb. 1:1-2).
For He sent His Son, the eternal Word, who enlightens all men, so that He might dwell among men and tell them of the innermost being of God (see John 1:1-18).
Jesus Christ, therefore, the Word made flesh, was sent as "a man to men." He "speaks the words of God" (John 3;34), and completes the work of salvation which His Father gave Him to do (see John 5:36; John 17:4)

Location hidden

#459868 Jul 7, 2013
Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>Oops faux pas here. The following verse is where it tells us that the Anti-Christ shall rise in Judea.
Ya.
It is the cumulation of power of the materialism. Once it surpasses the weigh of balance in the ALL, it causes an imbalance of nature which requires correction. There are several and sundry ways this "imbalance" of power in nature can and are corrected. Sometimes it is effected immediately, and sometimes it is over a gradual period...however, it eventually comes to an "equality".
The very earliest of teaching was an effort to make mankind understand how and why this happens at all and an effort to promote understanding of the effects and process of it. Your religion(and others) has perverted that basic teaching and understanding into a totally misconstrued doctrine of falsehoods and perversion for profit and dominance, and become a cancer in the "body" of the existence of the ALL. YOU "ARE" the "desolator".

Location hidden

#459870 Jul 7, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Marge did you get my post about using Firefox instead of IE.
THE newer IE versions sometimes mess up computers a bit older .
I set my updates to ask me ..I have Windows seven and don t get the new IE ...But then I always usr MOZILLA FIREFOX.
IT updates just fine. And is much better
Like I have an older 3 model of IPhone ..Eli not get the new Ios 6
I read it..quoting your words and asking you to show support for same is not arguing....

You said:"The serpent was at the tree with her ..He has been depicted on the tree."....Ah said: answer the question....where are you reading this????

You said: "The rest is in the fall in Genesis clearly stated"...Ah said: answer the question...where are you reading this????

You said:Gen 2:16. God speaks to Adam.
Ah said: So?????

You said: Gen 3. Eve tells the serpent what she has been told
Do not eat. Do not touch

I said: Ge 3 has 24 verses....where in Ge 3 are you reading this????

Location hidden

#459871 Jul 7, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Great I had read you had an IE problem ..take care :)
GOD BLESS
I read it..quoting your words and asking you to show support for same is not arguing....

You said:"The serpent was at the tree with her ..He has been depicted on the tree."....Ah said: answer the question....where are you reading this????

You said: "The rest is in the fall in Genesis clearly stated"...Ah said: answer the question...where are you reading this????

You said:Gen 2:16. God speaks to Adam.
Ah said: So?????

You said: Gen 3. Eve tells the serpent what she has been told
Do not eat. Do not touch

I said: Ge 3 has 24 verses....where in Ge 3 are you reading this????

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 3 min KiMare 227,301
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 4 min curiouslu 738,167
bless the jews (Nov '08) 10 min right kind of music 6,861
Is home business a lie? (Feb '14) 12 min promotionalsworld 9
Last Post Wins !!! [ game time :) ] (Jan '11) 14 min melondee1 2,410
Hot gays in Abu Dhabi (Nov '13) 32 min Falcon 838
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 51 min Rosa_Winkel 95,364
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr g man 258,998
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 3 hr Seentheotherside 600,953
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 10 hr UIDIOTRACEMAKEWOR... 173,616