Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 649853 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#460093 Jul 8, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh please.
I just looked MY ORIGINAL POST is THE SAME.
you only changed it in YOUR REPLY.
A child coukd figure that one ..Bit Topix DID NOT CHANGE IT..you did
That's what Ox did.

“Happy 2016!!”

Since: Apr 08

Saint John Paul II Pray 4 Us.

#460094 Jul 8, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
Hey aunt!!!!! Whadda boutit?????
Ac 15:29 That ye abstain from meats offered to idols, and from blood, and from things strangled, and from fornication: from which if ye keep yourselves, ye shall do well. Fare ye well...
Among other things to abstain from blood...
Question: So why to Catholics guzzle the blood of Christ????!!! That Scripture does not apply to them?????
Interesting that you posted only a part of the verse.
Hmmm you didn't want to post the part of an

unlawful marriage???
[You and others here that are in the state of “unlawful marriage“]

Oh, and as far as the blood.... read Gen. way below

Acts 15: 29
namely, to abstain from meat sacrificed to idols, from blood, from meats of strangled animals,

And from unlawful marriage.

If you keep free of these, you will be doing what is right. Farewell.’

Gen 9: 4
4c Only meat with its lifeblood still in it you shall not eat.*

Jesus said in John 6:53...

"Unless you eat my flesh and drink my blood you have no life within you."

This is why we receive Jesus in Holy Communion in the appearance of bread and wine.!!

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#460095 Jul 8, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
Finally you said something new..
You wrote....
"You can't say Diddly Squat to Oxs interpretations."
Your great intelligence let us know that "Squats first name is Diddly"
You Roman Catholics have mentioned Squat before...
Is that one of your patron saints...a mystery only Roman Catholics Know
about..
Is he the author of your confusion of face?
one of your Lil god's....
Well, I ain't never met this "Diddly" fella personally.... but I think I seen some of his adherents practicing his rituals when it comes ta them "Squat" rituals! Wimmens is particularly invested in such stuff...especially in them truckstop park'n lots!

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#460096 Jul 8, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Do all the Southern Baptist teach that Christ is not God?
I understand you guys are the second largest Christian denomination in this country behind Catholics..
That's rather alarming that such a large Christian denomination would deny the divinity of Jesus Christ and still call themselves Christians.
What do the Evangelicals think about that? What do the Pentecostals think?
What do the Presbyterian Evangelical Methodist Adventist (or PEMA) think about the Divinity of Jesus Christ?
Does the following verses teach that Christ is God?????? It reveals the truth....that is the last thing Catholics want to face!!!!!

But these are written, that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing ye might have life through his name.

Then, after speaking in many and varied ways through the prophets, "now at last in these days God has spoken to us in His Son":(Heb. 1:1-2).

For He sent His Son, the eternal Word, who enlightens all men, so that He might dwell among men and tell them of the innermost being of God (see John 1:1-18).

Jesus Christ, therefore, the Word made flesh, was sent as "a man to men." He "speaks the words of God" (John 3;34), and completes the work of salvation which His Father gave Him to do (see John 5:36; John 17:4)

And lo a voice from heaven, saying, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.

BTW..Your denomionation teaches Christ is the incarnate Son of God...the redeemer of the human Race...why do you not believe what your vatacan teaches????

“Happy 2016!!”

#460097 Jul 8, 2013
Disciple wrote:
<quoted text>
That sounds so beautiful but very wrong again Pedrito!
Saints don't get the glory and don't become saints when they die either.
And you know this because.......???

Saints are all over the Bible, it is clear in Scripture that Saints pray for us. see..... Rev 8:3-4.

If you can cure someone from any illness, I’ll make you a saint. lol
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#460098 Jul 8, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Then your computer is the product of Catholics...they hardly ever get it right...
BTW....what you are saying about your computer showing 458779 as being on page 22150 is an impossibility...
You will never make a really good liar....
You're busted. Everyone here knows it. Best to just take your lumps and admit it if you want to salvage what little credibility you have left.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#460099 Jul 8, 2013
215 217
4GVN wrote:
<quoted text>You did not answer my question. Why not? So should I now address you as you do Anthony; as a coward? Now will you answer the question? And tell me who the three persons of the trinity are.
Christians know God Almighty is The Father, the Son, the Holy spirit...

Now, show me the Holy Trinity with Jesus Christ as being God Almighty....

“Happy 2016!!”

#460100 Jul 8, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>I agree that the two churches were once ONE...But in 1054 when the now known catholic church split from the now know Orthodox Church ,the now known catholic church took with them the word Catholic and form what is now known as the catholic church.And the now known Orthodox Church took the name Orthodox.....This is the Truth and the Light.Every Protestant here needs to know this and to understand....Just because your church has the word catholic does not mean that it is the church that Christ founded....The catholic church took the name catholic but the Orthodox Church took the Faith!!
Sorry, but you are incorrect.
The Church that Jesus started took the name "Catholic" in the 1st century, it was the Church at large! Given the name to us by St Ignatius.
Orthodox split 1054 b/c they didn’t want to take orders from the Pope.
Pretty much like King Henry VIII, making himself pope to change the marriage rule.

Location hidden

#460101 Jul 8, 2013
StarC wrote:
http://www.christiantoday.com/ article/crystal.cathedrals.fin al.benediction/33070.htm
Crystal Cathedral Ministries held its last service on Sunday at the famous glass building in Costa Mesa, California, before handing over to St Callistus Catholic Church.
The final benediction was delivered by the Reverend Robert A Schuller, who served as senior pastor of the cathedral until 2008.
St Callistus celebrated its new home with a Mass in the grounds of the 35-acre site, which has undergone a refurbishment prior to the changeover.
CRYSTAL CATHEDRAL’S FINAL BENEDICTION
[My Note: looking forward to attending Mass @ Christ Cathedral - now Catholic, tks be to God]
The Diocese of Orange bought the campus for $57.5 million after Crystal Cathedral Ministries was declared bankrupt. The Catholic Church has renamed the site Christ Cathedral.
Father Christopher Smith, rector at Christ Cathedral, said the campus would support outreach to the poor and marginalised, as well as the arts, music and dance.
Mass will be celebrated at the arboretum until alterations to the main cathedral have been finished some time in 2015.
I stopped reading as soon as I reached the name "Schuller". They may as well be in bed with Benny Hinn and ole' Creflow!

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#460102 Jul 8, 2013
StarC wrote:
<quoted text>
Saints are all over the Bible, it is clear in Scripture that Saints pray for us. see..... Rev 8:3-4.
First the supposed truth-telling members of hierarchy burned Joan of Arc at the stake as a heretic and then other members of the hierarchy canonized her as a saint. And yet you followers keep on following.

Gullible people don't want to see lies!

Prince George, Canada

#460103 Jul 8, 2013
StarC wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you believe that after being burned at the stake that the "spirit" of Joan of Arc prays for you?

Location hidden

#460104 Jul 8, 2013
Tre H wrote:
This just in...
The Vatican lied.
NO true church exists.
There are only temples of imaginary convoluted nonsense.
Considering all the lies, wealth gathering, corruption of all sorts, including sexually abusing children and covering it up,'god' sure picked a real doozie of a church to be the "only true church."
O M G ! how are you? I see the supreme deity HASN'T struck you dead either!
I am absolutely THRILLED to see you back at it my friend!
You have been sorely missed by this ole' dog!

“Happy 2016!!”

#460105 Jul 8, 2013
LTM wrote:
cont
IV. To prepare for this, another angel must first offer incense, Rev. 8:3. It is very probable that this other angel is the Lord Jesus, the high priest of the church, who is here described in his sacerdotal office, having a golden censer and much incense, a fulness of merit in his own glorious person, and this incense he was to offer up, with the prayers of all the saints, upon the golden altar of his divine nature. Observe, 1. All the saints are a praying people; none of the children of God are born dumb, a Spirit of grace is always a Spirit of adoption and supplication, teaching us to cry, Abba, Father. Ps. 32:6; For this shall every one that is godly pray unto thee. 2. Times of danger should be praying times, and so should times of great expectation; both our fears and our hopes should put us upon prayer, and, where the interest of the church of God is deeply concerned, the hearts of the people of God in prayer should be greatly enlarged. 3. The prayers of the saints themselves stand in need of the incense and intercession of Christ to make them acceptable and effectual, and there is provision made by Christ for that purpose; he has his incense, his censer, and his altar; he is all himself to his people. 4. The prayers of the saints come up before God in a cloud of incense; no prayer, thus recommended, was ever denied audience or acceptance. 5. These prayers that were thus accepted in heaven produced great changes upon earth in return to them; the same angel that in his censer offered up the prayers of the saints in the same censer took of the fire of the altar, and cast it into the earth, and this presently caused strange commotions, voices, and thunderings, and lightnings, and an earthquake; these were the answers God gave to the prayers of the saints, and tokens of his anger against the world and that he would do great things to avenge himself and his people of their enemies; and now, all things being thus prepared, the angels discharge their duty.
You wrote

“5. These prayers that were thus accepted in heaven produced great changes upon earth in return to them; the same angel that in his censer offered up the prayers of the saints in the same censer took of the fire of the altar”

Did you read what you posted??? lol

You are agreeing with us Catholics!! Previously you said the saints can NOT hear, now you agree?? If they can’t hear why are they [the saints] taking prayers to the altar in heaven?
They are NOT dead!! They are Alive with Christ!!
Remember “today you will be with me in paradise”
----------Jesus Christ
Remember Elijah ? He appeared to Jesus.
Remember Moses and Elijah conversing with Jesus?
Peter was a witness and asked Jesus if he should set up a tent?

You are one confused women! Pretty much like the founder of your lil' church.

[Big D says no saints in heaven. LTM says there are saints in heaven] Hmmm, self interpretation?

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#460106 Jul 8, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
To which religion do you belong?
None.

I believe in mythology and psychology.

Prince George, Canada

#460107 Jul 8, 2013
“The apologetic ‘modern Christian’ who argues faintly that of course the Bible isn’t meant to be taken literally is saying that it isn’t the word of God. He is thereby advising his faith out of existence.”

Christopher Hitchens
LTM

Kingston, Canada

#460108 Jul 8, 2013
StarC wrote:
<quoted text>
Only live saints can pray, those who have left this world can not.

Prince George, Canada

#460109 Jul 8, 2013
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/e...

"THE hierarchy of the Roman Catholic Church has published a teaching document instructing the faithful that some parts of the Bible are not actually true...

... The Catholic bishops of England, Wales and Scotland are warning their five million worshippers, as well as any others drawn to the study of scripture, that they should not expect “total accuracy” from the Bible...

... The document shows how far the Catholic Church has come since the 17th century, when Galileo was condemned as a heretic for flouting a near-universal belief in the divine inspiration of the Bible by advocating the Copernican view of the solar system. Only a century ago, Pope Pius X condemned Modernist Catholic scholars who adapted historical-critical methods of analysing ancient literature to the Bible ...

... They say the Church must offer the gospel in ways “appropriate to changing times, intelligible and attractive to our contemporaries”.

... Such an approach is dangerous, for example, when people of one nation or group see in the Bible a mandate for their own superiority, and even consider themselves permitted by the Bible to use violence against others.”

Prince George, Canada

#460110 Jul 8, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
None.
I believe in mythology and psychology.
What mythology is your favorite mythology?
Clay

Melrose Park, IL

#460111 Jul 8, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
Only live saints can pray, those who have left this world can not.
Says who?

“Happy 2016!!”

#460112 Jul 8, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
No Southern Baptists teach that Jesus is and was not Divine .
That's crazy
Trinity..Virgin birth ..crucifixion..resurrection.
Same...
I have no clue as to what Ox is getting at ..
But we do not believe any mystery ..theology about JESUS ..himself that I found any contradictions with .
We are believed born again by belief in the savingbloodof the Sacrifice of the fully human..fully divine Saviour Jesus Christ.
He took our Sins to the cross..defeating death with His Resurrection .
We repent our Sins and accept this saving sacrifice..washing our Sin with His blood.
All done By Him
Through the Spirit
WE are given FAITH through the free gift of Grace.
TRINITY ALL DIVINE.
The only way to the Father is through the Son.
We are Baptized..not to save us but as symbolic of the New Life in Christ .in obedience to Christ ...
Is tried to tell me SBC believed something different on BAPTISM.
HE was wrong and if he r saying Christ was not divine ..That is wrong .
But then. I have no idea what he is saying
You wrote....
"No Southern Baptists teach that Jesus is and was not Divine .
That's crazy
Trinity..Virgin birth ..crucifixion..resurrection.
Same..."

You are correct, OX is incorrect.

Wonder who he is listening to or is he making up new interpretations.

My dear husband is a convert to Catholic from the So. Baptist and he was taught The Trinity as a Baptist, and totally beliefs it as a Catholic!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 1 min ffj 56,266
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 30 min brandy trujillo 972,403
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 1 hr Aussie Kev 106,056
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr Brian_G 281,474
Play "end of the word" part 2 (Dec '15) 1 hr Aussie Kev 2,299
Israel End is Near (Feb '15) 2 hr Brian_G 428
Massage for ladies in Muscat 2 hr rahul 2
my cousin touches me when i am asleep and i kin... (Mar '14) 5 hr Jesus 47
Moms having sex with their sons (Aug '12) Fri Noname 69
More from around the web